• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:13
CEST 05:13
KST 12:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)26Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7861 users

TeSPA Texas Open - $1500 Prize Pool [4/16 - 4/23] - Page 7

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 12 Next All
vectorix108
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4633 Posts
April 20 2011 19:49 GMT
#121
So will we be getting shirts or something for participating?
Aka XephyR/Shaneyesss
binski
Profile Joined December 2010
United States225 Posts
April 20 2011 20:46 GMT
#122
TT single elim >_>
tkRage
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
225 Posts
April 20 2011 20:48 GMT
#123
TT bracket of death.
ReAson75
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States130 Posts
April 20 2011 20:54 GMT
#124
On April 21 2011 04:36 Sixto wrote:
Hey, i was wondering, are the quarterfinals, semifinals, and final going to be a bo3 as well? seems kinda short for a single elimination tournament


The current plan is for the grand finals to be a BO5. We did this primarily because the all-day back-to-back play schedule was very tiring on the players last year. We'll discuss exctending the BO5 to the RO4 as well though tonight and post if the plans change.

On April 21 2011 04:45 tkRage wrote:
Who is the other student from University of North Texas??


The UNT student is tkmekhami.710 (Lawrence V).

Spectator Updates:
Location/Parking: Spectating is going to happen in RLM 4.102 on the University of Texas campus. I'll post exact instructions on how to get there and where to park later this evening.
Prizes/Raffles: I'm pleased to announce that we will have 35 games, 30+ T-shirts, a graphics card, a motherboard, gaming gear, and lots more prizes thanks to NVIDIA, TTesports, and Microsoft! Spectating is going to be a ton of fun - I hope everyone can make it out!
Stoids
Profile Joined August 2010
United States636 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-21 04:14:44
April 20 2011 21:01 GMT
#125
Lol ridiculously top heavy bracket. Only 1 out of Zpux, Sojourner, Binski, vileHawk will make it to Ro4

Single Elim
*Insert Inspirational Day[9] Daily #100 Quote* | Fantasy | qxc, Brat_OK
tkRage
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
225 Posts
April 20 2011 21:16 GMT
#126
On April 21 2011 05:54 ReAson75 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2011 04:36 Sixto wrote:
Hey, i was wondering, are the quarterfinals, semifinals, and final going to be a bo3 as well? seems kinda short for a single elimination tournament


The current plan is for the grand finals to be a BO5. We did this primarily because the all-day back-to-back play schedule was very tiring on the players last year. We'll discuss exctending the BO5 to the RO4 as well though tonight and post if the plans change.

Show nested quote +
On April 21 2011 04:45 tkRage wrote:
Who is the other student from University of North Texas??


The UNT student is tkmekhami.710 (Lawrence V).

Spectator Updates:
Location/Parking: Spectating is going to happen in RLM 4.102 on the University of Texas campus. I'll post exact instructions on how to get there and where to park later this evening.
Prizes/Raffles: I'm pleased to announce that we will have 35 games, 30+ T-shirts, a graphics card, a motherboard, gaming gear, and lots more prizes thanks to NVIDIA, TTesports, and Microsoft! Spectating is going to be a ton of fun - I hope everyone can make it out!

I am Lawrence Vanderpool, who is the other one? doesn't it say there were two?
Sixto
Profile Joined September 2010
Mexico37 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-20 21:18:02
April 20 2011 21:17 GMT
#127
Yea, i think making quarterfinals+ bo5 would be great, going to be a good tournament regardless though.
SniXSniPe
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1938 Posts
April 21 2011 00:14 GMT
#128
lol.

Was this tournament really seeded by last tournament/ladder rankings? ZpuX is the highest place finisher from last tournament and has the hardest bracket (unfortunately I'm in it).


Also, I find it somewhat weird how I'm paired up against the same guy I played during the qualifiers.
uNtrue_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States150 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-21 04:14:26
April 21 2011 03:53 GMT
#129
Okay, so we had promised last tournament the Top 8 would be seeded first, after that comes the ladder. I don't know how Binski or vilehawk got almost placed next to each other, but imo, the bracket is heavily stacked with good players. Regarding Stoid's comment, Sojourner is actually 16th seed on our bracket. Some of you are starting to piss me off because of your whining.

On April 21 2011 09:14 SniXSniPe wrote:
lol.

Was this tournament really seeded by last tournament/ladder rankings? ZpuX is the highest place finisher from last tournament and has the hardest bracket (unfortunately I'm in it).


Also, I find it somewhat weird how I'm paired up against the same guy I played during the qualifiers.


Did you think we manually placed people in different places? We just decided "hey, we don't like zpux. let's put him in a bracket with 3 other top players and make the game more exciting to see who fights for the top 8". Do you doubt our professionalism?

Think about these questions before you say another word. If you want to quit the tournament, then go ahead, no one is stopping you.

And no, it's not weird you are paired up against the same guy. I don't even know who the guy is you played in the qualifiers and I honestly don't care.


To the other questioning single elim and best of X. Yes, it is a single elimination because we don't have time for double elimination. We barely made time last semester, and no one said anything about wanting a double elimination. Bo3 up until quarterfinals -> semi -> finals which will be Bo5.

If you want to continue whining or something, by all means pm me or pm me on Bnet: jaMble.382. I dare you. I'll be happy to listen to your complaints....
Stoids
Profile Joined August 2010
United States636 Posts
April 21 2011 04:13 GMT
#130
On April 21 2011 12:53 uNtrue_ wrote:
Okay, so we had promised last tournament the Top 8 would be seeded first, after that comes the ladder. I don't know how Binski or vilehawk got almost placed next to each other, but imo, the bracket is heavily stacked with good players. Regarding Stoid's comment, Sojourner is actually 16th seed on our bracket. Some of you are starting to piss me off because of your whining. If you have negative comments, be constructive, otherwise shut up.


Show nested quote +
On April 21 2011 09:14 SniXSniPe wrote:
lol.

Was this tournament really seeded by last tournament/ladder rankings? ZpuX is the highest place finisher from last tournament and has the hardest bracket (unfortunately I'm in it).


Also, I find it somewhat weird how I'm paired up against the same guy I played during the qualifiers.


Did you think we manually placed people in different places? We just decided "hey, we don't like zpux. let's put him in a bracket with 3 other top players and make the game more exciting to see who fights for the top 8". Do you doubt our professionalism?

Think about these questions before you say another word. If you want to quit the tournament, then go ahead, no one is stopping you.

And no, it's not weird you are paired up against the same guy. I don't even know who the guy is you played in the qualifiers and I honestly don't care.

I didn't doubt your professionalism because of your bracket. I now doubt your professionalism because you lack the ability to respond in a coherent, calm, professional, and grammatically correct manner.

Learn to respond to some criticism without coming off like an insecure pussy.
*Insert Inspirational Day[9] Daily #100 Quote* | Fantasy | qxc, Brat_OK
uNtrue_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States150 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-21 04:23:21
April 21 2011 04:20 GMT
#131
On April 21 2011 13:13 Stoids wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2011 12:53 uNtrue_ wrote:
Okay, so we had promised last tournament the Top 8 would be seeded first, after that comes the ladder. I don't know how Binski or vilehawk got almost placed next to each other, but imo, the bracket is heavily stacked with good players. Regarding Stoid's comment, Sojourner is actually 16th seed on our bracket. Some of you are starting to piss me off because of your whining. If you have negative comments, be constructive, otherwise shut up.


On April 21 2011 09:14 SniXSniPe wrote:
lol.

Was this tournament really seeded by last tournament/ladder rankings? ZpuX is the highest place finisher from last tournament and has the hardest bracket (unfortunately I'm in it).


Also, I find it somewhat weird how I'm paired up against the same guy I played during the qualifiers.


Did you think we manually placed people in different places? We just decided "hey, we don't like zpux. let's put him in a bracket with 3 other top players and make the game more exciting to see who fights for the top 8". Do you doubt our professionalism?

Think about these questions before you say another word. If you want to quit the tournament, then go ahead, no one is stopping you.

And no, it's not weird you are paired up against the same guy. I don't even know who the guy is you played in the qualifiers and I honestly don't care.

I didn't doubt your professionalism because of your bracket. I now doubt your professionalism because you lack the ability to respond in a coherent, calm, professional, and grammatically correct manner.

Learn to respond to some criticism without coming off like an insecure pussy.


I don't think you understand that the complaints you guys have is that the brackets are too heavy on a certain side. Everyone was seeded according to Top 8 first into the ladder rankings. What you guys want is for me to literally fix the brackets and cheat. Is this what you want?

As far as I'm concerned I am calm and am not interested in being grammatically correct. I am responding to your criticisms, and your immature language has just shown me just how professional you are, sir. I didn't insult anyone, I was just saying to be constructive when you give negative comments. such as "TT bracket of death" or "TT single elim". These are not constructive.

I am tired, I have so much school work, and I have more things to do in the tournament. The least you can do is ignore my rash comments and try to talk with me, but it looks like you aren't interested in any of that. All players have to do is enter and play games. I have to play games and on top of that work so you guys can have an enjoyable tournament. This is so disappointing that I am not getting the respect I deserve for my work. It's like painting a piece of art and having people like you call it trash. Thanks.

Edit: I'm seriously about to do some things that I regret. Please, do not push me any further....
SniXSniPe
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1938 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-21 04:21:39
April 21 2011 04:21 GMT
#132
On April 21 2011 12:53 uNtrue_ wrote:
Okay, so we had promised last tournament the Top 8 would be seeded first, after that comes the ladder. I don't know how Binski or vilehawk got almost placed next to each other, but imo, the bracket is heavily stacked with good players. Regarding Stoid's comment, Sojourner is actually 16th seed on our bracket. Some of you are starting to piss me off because of your whining.

Show nested quote +
On April 21 2011 09:14 SniXSniPe wrote:
lol.

Was this tournament really seeded by last tournament/ladder rankings? ZpuX is the highest place finisher from last tournament and has the hardest bracket (unfortunately I'm in it).


Also, I find it somewhat weird how I'm paired up against the same guy I played during the qualifiers.


Did you think we manually placed people in different places? We just decided "hey, we don't like zpux. let's put him in a bracket with 3 other top players and make the game more exciting to see who fights for the top 8". Do you doubt our professionalism?

Think about these questions before you say another word. If you want to quit the tournament, then go ahead, no one is stopping you.

And no, it's not weird you are paired up against the same guy. I don't even know who the guy is you played in the qualifiers and I honestly don't care.


To the other questioning single elim and best of X. Yes, it is a single elimination because we don't have time for double elimination. We barely made time last semester, and no one said anything about wanting a double elimination. Bo3 up until quarterfinals -> semi -> finals which will be Bo5.

If you want to continue whining or something, by all means pm me or pm me on Bnet: jaMble.382. I dare you. I'll be happy to listen to your complaints....



I don't understand where your hostility is coming from. As far as I'm aware, I asked a simple question. I didn't mean it in a negative manner?

I'm sorry if I found it funny one of your schools best players was in a hard bracket (for your tournament).
Stoids
Profile Joined August 2010
United States636 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-21 04:31:12
April 21 2011 04:25 GMT
#133
On April 21 2011 13:20 uNtrue_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2011 13:13 Stoids wrote:
On April 21 2011 12:53 uNtrue_ wrote:
Okay, so we had promised last tournament the Top 8 would be seeded first, after that comes the ladder. I don't know how Binski or vilehawk got almost placed next to each other, but imo, the bracket is heavily stacked with good players. Regarding Stoid's comment, Sojourner is actually 16th seed on our bracket. Some of you are starting to piss me off because of your whining. If you have negative comments, be constructive, otherwise shut up.


On April 21 2011 09:14 SniXSniPe wrote:
lol.

Was this tournament really seeded by last tournament/ladder rankings? ZpuX is the highest place finisher from last tournament and has the hardest bracket (unfortunately I'm in it).


Also, I find it somewhat weird how I'm paired up against the same guy I played during the qualifiers.


Did you think we manually placed people in different places? We just decided "hey, we don't like zpux. let's put him in a bracket with 3 other top players and make the game more exciting to see who fights for the top 8". Do you doubt our professionalism?

Think about these questions before you say another word. If you want to quit the tournament, then go ahead, no one is stopping you.

And no, it's not weird you are paired up against the same guy. I don't even know who the guy is you played in the qualifiers and I honestly don't care.

I didn't doubt your professionalism because of your bracket. I now doubt your professionalism because you lack the ability to respond in a coherent, calm, professional, and grammatically correct manner.

Learn to respond to some criticism without coming off like an insecure pussy.


I don't think you understand that the complaints you guys have is that the brackets are too heavy on a certain side. Everyone was seeded according to Top 8 first into the ladder rankings. What you guys want is for me to literally fix the brackets and cheat. Is this what you want?

As far as I'm concerned I am calm and am not interested in being grammatically correct. I am responding to your criticisms, and your immature language has just shown me just how professional you are, sir. I didn't insult anyone, I was just saying to be constructive when you give negative comments. such as "TT bracket of death" or "TT single elim". These are not constructive.

I am tired, I have so much school work, and I have more things to do in the tournament. The least you can do is ignore my rash comments and try to talk with me, but it looks like you aren't interested in any of that. All players have to do is enter and play games. I have to play games and on top of that work so you guys can have an enjoyable tournament. This is so disappointing that I am not getting the respect I deserve for my work. It's like painting a piece of art and having people like you call it trash. Thanks.

I think you're getting overly butthurt about simple passing comments. I don't need to be professional, I'm simply attending the tournament. You have to wear that hat as a tournament organizer. I have expressed my gratitude multiple times to the Rosens. I appreciate any effort to expand the e-sports scene in Texas.

If you want some gratitude, I'll dance on top of my computer at the tournament, with the replay of Benjamin vs Jamble, and make a toast. We can 4 gate all night long.
*Insert Inspirational Day[9] Daily #100 Quote* | Fantasy | qxc, Brat_OK
uNtrue_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States150 Posts
April 21 2011 04:26 GMT
#134
On April 21 2011 13:21 SniXSniPe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2011 12:53 uNtrue_ wrote:
Okay, so we had promised last tournament the Top 8 would be seeded first, after that comes the ladder. I don't know how Binski or vilehawk got almost placed next to each other, but imo, the bracket is heavily stacked with good players. Regarding Stoid's comment, Sojourner is actually 16th seed on our bracket. Some of you are starting to piss me off because of your whining.

On April 21 2011 09:14 SniXSniPe wrote:
lol.

Was this tournament really seeded by last tournament/ladder rankings? ZpuX is the highest place finisher from last tournament and has the hardest bracket (unfortunately I'm in it).


Also, I find it somewhat weird how I'm paired up against the same guy I played during the qualifiers.


Did you think we manually placed people in different places? We just decided "hey, we don't like zpux. let's put him in a bracket with 3 other top players and make the game more exciting to see who fights for the top 8". Do you doubt our professionalism?

Think about these questions before you say another word. If you want to quit the tournament, then go ahead, no one is stopping you.

And no, it's not weird you are paired up against the same guy. I don't even know who the guy is you played in the qualifiers and I honestly don't care.


To the other questioning single elim and best of X. Yes, it is a single elimination because we don't have time for double elimination. We barely made time last semester, and no one said anything about wanting a double elimination. Bo3 up until quarterfinals -> semi -> finals which will be Bo5.

If you want to continue whining or something, by all means pm me or pm me on Bnet: jaMble.382. I dare you. I'll be happy to listen to your complaints....



I don't understand where your hostility is coming from. As far as I'm aware, I asked a simple question. I didn't mean it in a negative manner?

I'm sorry if I found it funny one of your schools best players was in a hard bracket (for your tournament).


I am sorry. I am very tired as said in my previous post, but my neck is on the line for doing things that you guys want. I know it is very hard to please everyone but when no one can accept that this is a legit bracket, it only makes me question what I've done.

It is pretty weird that he was in the toughest bracket. It is Challonge's doing, not mine. I had enough work placing everyone in their seeds that I would not have time to really look at the brackets.
Jacobs Ladder
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1705 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-21 04:33:26
April 21 2011 04:32 GMT
#135
On April 21 2011 13:21 SniXSniPe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2011 12:53 uNtrue_ wrote:
Okay, so we had promised last tournament the Top 8 would be seeded first, after that comes the ladder. I don't know how Binski or vilehawk got almost placed next to each other, but imo, the bracket is heavily stacked with good players. Regarding Stoid's comment, Sojourner is actually 16th seed on our bracket. Some of you are starting to piss me off because of your whining.

On April 21 2011 09:14 SniXSniPe wrote:
lol.

Was this tournament really seeded by last tournament/ladder rankings? ZpuX is the highest place finisher from last tournament and has the hardest bracket (unfortunately I'm in it).


Also, I find it somewhat weird how I'm paired up against the same guy I played during the qualifiers.


Did you think we manually placed people in different places? We just decided "hey, we don't like zpux. let's put him in a bracket with 3 other top players and make the game more exciting to see who fights for the top 8". Do you doubt our professionalism?

Think about these questions before you say another word. If you want to quit the tournament, then go ahead, no one is stopping you.

And no, it's not weird you are paired up against the same guy. I don't even know who the guy is you played in the qualifiers and I honestly don't care.


To the other questioning single elim and best of X. Yes, it is a single elimination because we don't have time for double elimination. We barely made time last semester, and no one said anything about wanting a double elimination. Bo3 up until quarterfinals -> semi -> finals which will be Bo5.

If you want to continue whining or something, by all means pm me or pm me on Bnet: jaMble.382. I dare you. I'll be happy to listen to your complaints....



I don't understand where your hostility is coming from. As far as I'm aware, I asked a simple question. I didn't mean it in a negative manner?

I'm sorry if I found it funny one of your schools best players was in a hard bracket (for your tournament).
Zpux has got this shit.

As far as I can tell the reason Alex (untrue) is so annoyed at the moment is he has put a FUCK TON of work into those brackets. People who have never made brackets don't understand how much time it takes and how tedious it really is. He did a great job and some of the better players ended up near each other by chance. People then complained about that. In the sleep deprived, over worked, mindset of someone who's been busting their ass to make this even happen its pretty frustrating to receive a bunch of unhelpful criticism. (He's also been dealing with the run up to finals, which is making me pretty edgy too).

I hope this clears up why he seems so hostile. This isn't easy to set up and "brackets of death" are pretty unavoidable in FAIR systems. Sure, we could rig the bracket, but that would be total bullshit.

If you want some gratitude, I'll dance on top of my computer at the tournament, with the replay of Benjamin vs Jamble, and make a toast. We can 4 gate all night long.


Don't be a dick.
Stoids
Profile Joined August 2010
United States636 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-21 04:45:18
April 21 2011 04:42 GMT
#136
The brackets are filled with good players. It was almost certain that good players were going to have to eliminate good players early. The issue is really the single elimination part of it. This simply exacerbates the complaints about the top side of the bracket. You also run into the high possibility of cheesing and making some games a coin flip.

I understand that there are strict time constraints. You guys have organized a tournament that I could never dream of putting together. There are just a few concerns from players and spectators alike. This does not mean we are not going to show up, but this a forum where we will inherently express our opinions and concerns.
*Insert Inspirational Day[9] Daily #100 Quote* | Fantasy | qxc, Brat_OK
binski
Profile Joined December 2010
United States225 Posts
April 21 2011 04:43 GMT
#137
On April 21 2011 13:42 Stoids wrote:
The brackets are filled with good players. It was almost certain that good players were going to have to eliminate good players early. The issue is really the single elimination part of it. This not only exacerbates the complaints about the top side of the bracket. You also run into the high possibility of cheesing and making some games a coin flip.

I understand that there are strict time constraints. You guys have organized a tournament that I could never dream of putting together. There are just a few concerns from players and spectators a like. This does not mean we are not going to show up, but this a forum where we will inherently express our opinions and concerns.


I agree completely Stoids
karasu
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States29 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-21 05:13:23
April 21 2011 04:49 GMT
#138
I'll take back my unprofessional comment. Like Jacob & co explained, we're all extremely stressed out from managing the tourney and trying to balance school at the same time. >_<
Megaliskuu
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5123 Posts
April 21 2011 04:49 GMT
#139
On April 21 2011 13:43 binski wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2011 13:42 Stoids wrote:
The brackets are filled with good players. It was almost certain that good players were going to have to eliminate good players early. The issue is really the single elimination part of it. This not only exacerbates the complaints about the top side of the bracket. You also run into the high possibility of cheesing and making some games a coin flip.

I understand that there are strict time constraints. You guys have organized a tournament that I could never dream of putting together. There are just a few concerns from players and spectators a like. This does not mean we are not going to show up, but this a forum where we will inherently express our opinions and concerns.


I agree completely Stoids


HI BINSKI :3
|BW>Everything|Add me on star2 KR server TheMuTaL.675 for practice games :)|NEX clan| https://www.dotabuff.com/players/183104694
FluX-
Profile Joined August 2010
United States209 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-21 04:59:33
April 21 2011 04:51 GMT
#140
Please understand, we're not try to set the bracket up in any unfair way. Instead, we took extreme care to make the seeding process as transparent as possible. We published that seeding would be given first to the top eight finishers of our last tournament and that all subsequent seeding would be based on ladder points. We even encouraged players to ladder as much as they could before last Sunday evening to improve their seed.

Also, please have a little patience for Alex and the rest of our coordinators. We have a team of 16 officers who have been working tirelessly for the past four months to ensure that every possible logistical detail is taken care of.

We literally had a four and a half hour long meeting today to finalize our last minute considerations. We've gone through every bureaucratic piece of red tape imaginable put in place by University administration to make this event impossible. We've had to deal with the chaotic upheveal of our venue being canceled a week and a half before the event due to unforeseen circumstances and scrambled, much to our academic detriment, to find a new location that would make everyone happy.

We've put a ton of effort into securing sponsors so that we may provide you, the players of Texas, with a very substantial prize pool (the largest monetary purely collegiate SC2 tournament to date, mind you) and an incredible spectator experience. We have not stopped with "let's find a projector to watch games". We have come up with contests, trivia, in-game achievements, real-life achievements, side console tournaments, live player interviews, live casting, a comfortable venue, and much more. Aside from the $1500 prize pool, we've worked tirelessly to solicit prizes from our very generous sponsors, totaling an additional over $1250 in raffle prizes alone.

We aren't done. We will be up all night Thursday and Friday, too. Last tournament half the officers feel asleep during the event because they got literally no sleep the night before. This year, the size and scope of our event has doubled. We don't have a paid staff like MLG or NASL, but are striving to surpass their quality and excellence.

Before you slam Alex or anyone else on my officer team about being unfair or a bit irritable, remember what we have to go through to make this event possible and the amount of blood, sweat, and tears we have put into making it a purely enjoyable experience. Putting on an event of this magnitude is not easy. If you have issues you can raise them to me, but the hostility that has arose this evening is both unnecessary on both fronts and quite frustrating to me.

For those of you who have expressed your appreciation and trust for our planning, we are sincerely grateful. We hope to present you with an incredible event this weekend and surpass your expectations.
TeSPA | The eSports Association -- http://www.tespa.org/
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 216
Nina 120
SpeCial 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14364
Rain 2070
Dewaltoss 56
NaDa 36
Bale 28
Noble 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm184
Counter-Strike
taco 683
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1549
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1353
WinterStarcraft633
Other Games
summit1g8725
Doublelift2853
JimRising 662
PiGStarcraft379
ArmadaUGS210
C9.Mang0200
Maynarde150
ViBE103
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick898
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream141
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 104
• practicex 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki204
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo671
• Stunt117
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
6h 47m
OSC
9h 47m
Stellar Fest
9h 47m
OSC
20h 47m
Stellar Fest
1d 9h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.