• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:13
CEST 05:13
KST 12:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)26Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7800 users

TeSPA Texas Open - $1500 Prize Pool [4/16 - 4/23] - Page 5

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 12 Next All
uNtrue_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States150 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-05 02:08:51
April 04 2011 21:42 GMT
#81
On April 05 2011 02:21 SilverJohnny wrote:
I'm super excited about this tournament! so If I understand the rules about racepicking I can pick my race based on map so long as I let my opponent know? As a random player that's awesome, since I know there are a few maps I can win as one race and will always lose as another lol.


Yeah, that's perfectly fine. Since all maps are considered balanced or close to being balanced, we will allow race change. If you feel race changing will give you a slight advantage, go ahead.
hallster1091
Profile Joined August 2010
United States11 Posts
April 04 2011 23:00 GMT
#82
Last week for sign-ups. Space is filling up fast so get in while you still can. Everything is coming along great and it is expected to be an excellent tournament for both players and spectators.
ReAson75
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States130 Posts
April 05 2011 06:45 GMT
#83
There are also currently a few people who have signed up but not yet paid. Remember, your spot in the bracket is not secured until we receive your entry fees. If you have questions or concerns about payment, contact TeSPA's treasurer Brett Hallum at brett.hallum@mail.utexas.edu.
Hawk2
Profile Joined August 2010
United States229 Posts
April 06 2011 01:50 GMT
#84
Just making sure, but for payment there was only a button to donate, and so i just donated the amount of money I owed, did i do this correctly?
FluX-
Profile Joined August 2010
United States209 Posts
April 06 2011 02:50 GMT
#85
On April 06 2011 10:50 Hawk2 wrote:
Just making sure, but for payment there was only a button to donate, and so i just donated the amount of money I owed, did i do this correctly?


If you are vilehawk, yeah, we received your payment. You should get a confirmation e-mail shortly, sorry for the delay.
TeSPA | The eSports Association -- http://www.tespa.org/
Jacobs Ladder
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1705 Posts
April 07 2011 02:14 GMT
#86
Day9 is wearing our shirt!!!!!
Sully907
Profile Joined August 2010
United States97 Posts
April 07 2011 08:58 GMT
#87
I recently moved to Austin in August down from Michigan, I'm not a student at UT, but I live close by and think I'll be stopping by to spectate, what is the setup like for spectators?
FluX-
Profile Joined August 2010
United States209 Posts
April 07 2011 14:49 GMT
#88
On April 07 2011 17:58 Sully907 wrote:
I recently moved to Austin in August down from Michigan, I'm not a student at UT, but I live close by and think I'll be stopping by to spectate, what is the setup like for spectators?


We'll have a room devoted to spectating adjacent to the player room. The setup consists of rows of chairs in front of a huge projector screen. Between the screen and the spectators in a stage where casters will we setup. The number of spectator seats will vary based on the amount of estimated spectators plus the full roster of players.

Here is our current plan:
[image loading]
TeSPA | The eSports Association -- http://www.tespa.org/
ReAson75
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States130 Posts
April 07 2011 18:46 GMT
#89
The last day to register is April 9th, this Saturday. If you've been thinking about registering but have not yet done so, be sure to do so asap to guarantee you can participate!
tjg92
Profile Joined March 2011
United States100 Posts
April 07 2011 19:17 GMT
#90
On April 07 2011 23:49 FluX- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 07 2011 17:58 Sully907 wrote:
I recently moved to Austin in August down from Michigan, I'm not a student at UT, but I live close by and think I'll be stopping by to spectate, what is the setup like for spectators?


We'll have a room devoted to spectating adjacent to the player room. The setup consists of rows of chairs in front of a huge projector screen. Between the screen and the spectators in a stage where casters will we setup. The number of spectator seats will vary based on the amount of estimated spectators plus the full roster of players.

Here is our current plan:
[image loading]
I'll definitely show up to watch. It looks like a better setup for spectators than what MLG Dallas had.
The Maze Blog: http://mazeblog-tjg92.blogspot.com
EonShiKeno
Profile Joined July 2010
United States122 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-09 06:35:31
April 09 2011 06:27 GMT
#91
That layout looks very good. Casters and spectators being in the other room and what not. One minor change. If you could put the tables back to back that way screen watching wouldn't be as big a problem, being that the closest monitor you could see would be 1 row further away. Also there would be less people tripping over cords and stuff hanging off the back of computers.
hallster1091
Profile Joined August 2010
United States11 Posts
April 09 2011 17:40 GMT
#92
Last day to register for the tournament is TODAY!!!! Please register by the end of the day today to get guaranteed entrance into the tournament. If you have any questions, contact the tournament coordinators on the OP.
-BW-Map_God
Profile Joined May 2009
United States28 Posts
April 09 2011 23:49 GMT
#93
Wish I could go again this year but unfortunately I can't get off work for it.

Hopefully a lot of people bring computers and can share them if needed this year. I know mine was useful last time as I think I had about 5 other people use it once...

Sorry to the guy coming up from San Antonio, if I was going I could have given you a ride. Good Luck finding another ride though.

Glad to hear ya'll got a better room for the tournament. Forcing randoms to pick a race instead of going random again if there is a drop or something seems a bit unfair as it loses whatever slight/short random edge they might have. I wish I had thought about changing races last time, I went random 3 times and got Zerg 3 times and lost 2-1 :-/. I should have picked another race for that game 3 map I picked under the assumption Blizzard wouldn't give me random zerg 3 games in a row :-(.

http://z14.invisionfree.com/Civ_World_League/
Megaliskuu
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5123 Posts
April 09 2011 23:57 GMT
#94
On March 28 2011 15:12 ReAson75 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2011 04:15 Megaliskuu wrote:
Can specs bring a computer to play practice games with people playing in the tourney?


I'm fairly certain that you will be able to, but can't give a definitive answer quite yet. I'll let you know as soon as we verify that this is okay.


ok ^^
|BW>Everything|Add me on star2 KR server TheMuTaL.675 for practice games :)|NEX clan| https://www.dotabuff.com/players/183104694
uNtrue_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States150 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-10 03:40:28
April 10 2011 03:38 GMT
#95
On April 10 2011 08:49 -BW-Map_God wrote:
Forcing randoms to pick a race instead of going random again if there is a drop or something seems a bit unfair as it loses whatever slight/short random edge they might have.


It's unfair? There is nothing stopping him from disconnecting on purpose and try to get the race he is good at in the remake. The random player gets a second chance to get the race he wants.
FluX-
Profile Joined August 2010
United States209 Posts
April 11 2011 19:46 GMT
#96
Player sign-ups are officially closed. We had a total of 107 players sign-up from an incredible 13 different universities in Texas! Spectator sign-ups will remain open through the day of the tournament.

An e-mail recently went out to all players with the following updates:
1.) The last day to pay your registration fee is Thursday April 14th. If you have already paid, you should have received a confirmation e-mail from us. If you have paid and haven't received a confirmation, please reply to this e-mail and let us know so we can confirm. If you haven't paid by the deadline, you will not be placed into the preliminary brackets.

2.) If you have a conflict with playing the online qualifiers on April 16th, please e-mail Texas.Esports.Association@gmail.com with your reason and availability by Sunday April 10th. In your subject line, please include the words "[LAN Timing Conflict] Real_Name -- Handle.###". Online preliminary brackets will be announced next week. You will be e-mailed with more information after the player list is finalized. [This deadline has passed. If you still require special arrangements, you will need to e-mail a tournament coordinator ASAP with a legitimate reason.]

Expect to hear more from us soon! We are very excited about the way things are shaping up and are looking forward to a fantastic tournament. If you have an questions, please feel free to ask.
TeSPA | The eSports Association -- http://www.tespa.org/
Hawk2
Profile Joined August 2010
United States229 Posts
April 12 2011 02:27 GMT
#97
Will there be a player list released? I want to take a look at some of the top names signed up so I can start practicing certain matchups to give you guys the highest quality of games.
LuckyFool
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States9015 Posts
April 12 2011 02:32 GMT
#98
Hawks gonna dominate this shit. !
FluX-
Profile Joined August 2010
United States209 Posts
April 12 2011 23:33 GMT
#99
On April 12 2011 11:27 Hawk2 wrote:
Will there be a player list released? I want to take a look at some of the top names signed up so I can start practicing certain matchups to give you guys the highest quality of games.


A player list will be released later this week in time for the online qualifiers.
TeSPA | The eSports Association -- http://www.tespa.org/
-BW-Map_God
Profile Joined May 2009
United States28 Posts
April 13 2011 20:35 GMT
#100
uNtrue_ United States. April 10 2011 12:38. Posts 108 PM Profile Report Quote #

On April 10 2011 08:49 -BW-Map_God wrote:
Forcing randoms to pick a race instead of going random again if there is a drop or something seems a bit unfair as it loses whatever slight/short random edge they might have.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On April 14 2011 08:49 uNtrue_ wrote:

It's unfair? There is nothing stopping him from disconnecting on purpose and try to get the race he is good at in the remake. The random player gets a second chance to get the race he wants.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That would be pretty bad mannered and sort of cheating, I don't know of anyone that plays random who would do something BM like that. That is basically what the non-random player would be doing if there was a drop after the random was scouted and the random had to remake as that race in the next game. I wouldn't think anyone would do that but then your suggesting it as a strategy so maybe some people would.

Either way I'd stick with saying its unfair.




http://z14.invisionfree.com/Civ_World_League/
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 216
Nina 120
SpeCial 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14364
Rain 2070
Dewaltoss 56
NaDa 36
Bale 28
Noble 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm184
Counter-Strike
taco 683
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1573
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1596
WinterStarcraft633
Other Games
summit1g8725
Doublelift2853
JimRising 662
PiGStarcraft330
ArmadaUGS213
C9.Mang0175
Maynarde150
ViBE103
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick873
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream141
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 104
• practicex 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki204
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo671
• Stunt117
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
6h 47m
OSC
9h 47m
Stellar Fest
9h 47m
OSC
20h 47m
Stellar Fest
1d 9h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.