• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:41
CEST 14:41
KST 21:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)41Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9968 users

TeSPA Texas Open - $1500 Prize Pool [4/16 - 4/23] - Page 10

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 Next All
uNtrue_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States150 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-22 04:39:59
April 22 2011 04:38 GMT
#181
On April 22 2011 13:34 ExO_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2011 13:25 uNtrue_ wrote:
On April 22 2011 13:23 ExO_ wrote:
On April 22 2011 13:16 uNtrue_ wrote:
On April 22 2011 13:06 ExO_ wrote:
Im a little upset. People complained in here. So brackets were redone. Based on seeding from the last tournament however, I shouldn't have to face Trimaster or zpux (or strifecro if he came) until semi finals, as I was top 4 seeds. Current bracket has me facing zpux in quarter finals.

Releasing the brackets early then changing them numerous times is quite frankly ridiculous. If you can't handle a few people getting upset over brackets, then don't release them early.

Edit: Not sure if the brackets were in the process of being editted, or I simply read them wrong, but I've found out my previous statement was not the case. Still upset with the way the brackets have been revised repeatedly just because people were upset.


I'm terribly, terribly sorry for this. Many, many people continued to poke me to release the brackets, and when I finally did, they were enraged. I realize the mistake I have done in releasing the brackets too early and I apologize.

I would like to mention the brackets have not necessarily been "revised". I didn't do any fixing or anything. My method is as I've mentioned before. I basically seeded everyone as I said, Top 8 into ladder rankings and put them and in binarybeast and this time I chose balanced instead of traditional seeding. This gave me what you currently see now in Challonge.

My reasoning to switch methods is also because we wanted to cater to make the majority have a much fair, healthier bracket. So far I've only been getting positive comments on the new brackets. Again, I only did a different method. No fixing the brackets was done.

Same exact rules, seeding, and idea, but different method.
I hope you accept my apology and understand that in the future, we will work harder to give you guys a better tournament.


So is seeding done by top 8 (7) from last round, or by top ladder ratings?


Seeding is done with top 8 first and then followed by ladder rankings. So 1-7 is the top 8 and after that is the ladder ratings. Exact same as before, nothing was changed.


Then seeding was done wrong. I'm no expert on how perfect seeding should be done, but I do know that I should be #3 seed in this tournament. assuming all seeds advance, the #1 seed should face the #4 seed in the semi finals. (as indicated by the post you linked here http://www.printyourbrackets.com/pdfbrackets/64teamsingleseeded.pdf) zpux, as the #1 seed, shouldn't face me as the #3 seed in the semi finals, but in the current bracket he would be.

So either the seeding is different than described, or there is an error. Please understand, I am not trying to get on your ass about this. But this is a LAN event with a cash prize, and I as a competitor take it very seriously.


What the link shows you there is what they call the standard Ro64 brackets or what Binarybeast calls "Traditional". Binarybeast has two methods of making brackets when you seed players, traditional and balanced. If I was to use the traditional method, I would get the brackets you see in that link you just posted. This time I used balanced. I do not know the format of the brackets in "balanced" but this is what it gave me when I entered the seedings in.

Let me know if you are still confused or concerned.
SniXSniPe
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1938 Posts
April 22 2011 04:41 GMT
#182
exo is just scared of mame cause he always loses to him =)
ExO_
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States2316 Posts
April 22 2011 04:42 GMT
#183
So by using balanced, to some regard the original seeding is being disregarded?
uNtrue_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States150 Posts
April 22 2011 04:45 GMT
#184
On April 22 2011 13:41 SniXSniPe wrote:
exo is just scared of mame cause he always loses to him =)


When I looked a few hours ago, Mame was 11th on our sc2ranks list. I don't know what he was on Sunday, but if we took for example a few hours ago, 11+7 = 18th seed, thus it's no surprise exo may be put up against him in Round of 2.

I'm sorry if it just happened to be that way, but I can only take seedings once for ladder rankings.
uNtrue_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States150 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-22 04:56:10
April 22 2011 04:53 GMT
#185
On April 22 2011 13:42 ExO_ wrote:
So by using balanced, to some regard the original seeding is being disregarded?


I never seeded it differently at all. All the brackets you have seen starts with top 8 seeded first and then ladder rankings follow in seeding. Understand that seeding has NEVER been changed, I've kept it since Sunday night's record.

As for "balanced" mode, I would like to show you this image:
[image loading]

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg266/funwiththeguns/balancetraditional.png



As you can see, this is Binarybeast's own method of seeding Ro64. I believe their balanced method spreads out the higher seeds a little bit more. I used their balanced format as you can see in my previous post with the binarybeast link.

I would like to note that any tournament that uses Binarybeast has the option to use the balanced method as well and you would've never known.
Jacobs Ladder
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1705 Posts
April 22 2011 04:57 GMT
#186
[image loading]

Fixed that image for ya P
ExO_
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States2316 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-22 05:10:42
April 22 2011 05:08 GMT
#187
So here's my problem with this, and please nobody take offense:

It's obvious some of the better players in the bracket did not attend the LAN event last time, and as such some seeds from #4-#7 contain players who are not as good as some of the people seeded below them. It is because of this that the bracket appeared "stacked" at one point in time. Now however, original seeding is no longer being applied. For instance, I've essentially dropped from a #3 seed to a #4 seed, because assuming higher seeds advance Id have to face the #1 seed in the semis instead of the #2.

Furthermore that image above does not describe how binary beast determines " seeding based on team rank in as fair a manner as possible to accommodate all teams". I would like to see how it calculates that.

Edit: To further clarify my point: by saying the original seeding was kept, but just a different method of arranging the brackets was choosen, is to me the same as essentially changing the seeds.
vectorix108
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4633 Posts
April 22 2011 05:10 GMT
#188
I don't even care. I know I'll get brutally decimated the first round. I'm here to just have fun.
Aka XephyR/Shaneyesss
ExO_
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States2316 Posts
April 22 2011 05:11 GMT
#189
On April 22 2011 14:10 vectorix108 wrote:
I don't even care. I know I'll get brutally decimated the first round. I'm here to just have fun.


Well if seeding and brackets are irrelevant to you that's fine, but to me it matters quite a bit.
uNtrue_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States150 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-22 08:18:24
April 22 2011 05:18 GMT
#190
On April 22 2011 14:08 ExO_ wrote:
So here's my problem with this, and please nobody take offense:

It's obvious some of the better players in the bracket did not attend the LAN event last time, and as such some seeds from #4-#7 contain players who are not as good as some of the people seeded below them. It is because of this that the bracket appeared "stacked" at one point in time. Now however, original seeding is no longer being applied. For instance, I've essentially dropped from a #3 seed to a #4 seed, because assuming higher seeds advance Id have to face the #1 seed in the semis instead of the #2.

Furthermore that image above does not describe how binary beast determines " seeding based on team rank in as fair a manner as possible to accommodate all teams". I would like to see how it calculates that.


@ the binary beast comment: I'd like to know too actually. It should be somewhere around their site maybe... but that's what I directly copy-pasted from print screen.

@ the bracket comment: I understand and agree with you 100% as to why the brackets seemed to be stacked in the previous brackets

So are you suggesting we revert back to the previous bracket? If I remember correctly, binski and hawk would have to play against each other in the second round, which in my opinion, is much worse than you having to play the #1 seed instead of the #2 in the semis.

And yes, it all comes back down to what we promised last tournament, saying the Top 8 from the first Texas Open would be seeded first. Back then we weren't aware of the major consequences that are going on now. If we hadn't promised that, the brackets now would've been much easier to accept. And for obvious reasons, we can't go back on our promise.

So, now that we've pretty much cleared up the issues and problems, what brackets would you feel would be better? The first one or the second one? Keep in mind, so far you are the only one that has been a little uneasy about the new bracket.

Edit: Again, seeding has never been changed. It's top 8 into the ladder rankings. The only thing that's changed between the two brackets is the method of arranging players into the bracket.

Edit2: You mentioned it's essentially like seeding has been changed? So what if the very first brackets I posted was using Binarybeast's balanced bracket system with the exact same seeding? Would you have said the same thing? I'm not trying to be harsh, but I don't think you realize you can't change seeding by changing your method. If you are #1 you will always be #1. If you are #7 you are always going to be #7. Just where they place you is only slightly different, and if I remember right, some people are still in the same spot (for example Zpux and snixsnipe).

I think the way binarybeast thinks about this is that they don't recognize a #64 seeded player to be much/if any different than a #63 player. It's literally 1 number apart. I don't see how vastly different these two player's skill level is. Same with the issue you talked about, a #1 compared to a #2 seed is pretty close imo.

I understand where you are coming from, and your argument has alot of substance to it.
Sully907
Profile Joined August 2010
United States97 Posts
April 22 2011 07:06 GMT
#191
Can we get an update on parking directions for spectators? Or was it posted and I missed it among all the bitching? Are you people really complaining about seeding screwing you over? The best player will win, if you get matched against someone good early and lose, tough luck, should have played better.
ReAson75
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States130 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-22 07:33:50
April 22 2011 07:23 GMT
#192
On April 22 2011 16:06 Sully907 wrote:
Can we get an update on parking directions for spectators? Or was it posted and I missed it among all the bitching? Are you people really complaining about seeding screwing you over? The best player will win, if you get matched against someone good early and lose, tough luck, should have played better.


Parking/Directions:
Parking for this event has been secured in the San Jacinto Garage located at 2401 San Jacinto Boulevard, Austin, TX. Parking in the garage for the day is not free. However, there should be an abundance of free parking spots on San Jacinto Blvd. between 23rd St. and Dean Keeton St. Read the signs carefully - some of these spots require a UT parking permit at all times, although most do not. For a visual, check out this map.

[image loading]

As an update, we have over $1250 in prizes to give away at the event for spectators! Among these are:
- Gaming gear from TTesports
- Graphic Card and Motherboard from EVGA
- Computer Games (Huge thanks to NVIDIA!)
- T-shirts (TeSPA, Microsoft, and NVIDIA)
- and more!

We're going to have a full schedule of contests, trivia, side tournaments, interviews, and of course unforgettable games. I look forward to seeing everyone there!

If there are any questions or concerns about spectator parking/instructions, please PM me.
FluX-
Profile Joined August 2010
United States209 Posts
April 22 2011 08:52 GMT
#193
Bracket and Predictions Contest:
Before you come to the tournament be sure to visit the bracket page as well and submit your predictions for the tournament. You get raffles for correct predictions. Make sure that when you submit a bracket prediction, you type in your First and Last name in the title so we can identify who made the prediction. You must be present at the end of the day in order to be eligible to win the bracket prediction contests. We will stop accepting entries at 10:00am sharp on Saturday morning.

Bracket: http://challonge.com/tespa
Make Your Prediction: http://challonge.com/predictions/new?t=60995
TeSPA | The eSports Association -- http://www.tespa.org/
SniXSniPe
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1938 Posts
April 22 2011 14:12 GMT
#194
On April 22 2011 17:52 FluX- wrote:
Bracket and Predictions Contest:
Before you come to the tournament be sure to visit the bracket page as well and submit your predictions for the tournament. You get raffles for correct predictions. Make sure that when you submit a bracket prediction, you type in your First and Last name in the title so we can identify who made the prediction. You must be present at the end of the day in order to be eligible to win the bracket prediction contests. We will stop accepting entries at 10:00am sharp on Saturday morning.

Bracket: http://challonge.com/tespa
Make Your Prediction: http://challonge.com/predictions/new?t=60995


I TOTALLY GOT THIS!

Ask a currently #2 (sad face ) liquibet guy anything.
SoLaR[i.C]
Profile Blog Joined August 2003
United States2969 Posts
April 22 2011 16:36 GMT
#195
My bracket placement is hard as hell. Maybe I should practice for the raffle ticket contests instead.
FluX-
Profile Joined August 2010
United States209 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-22 19:41:26
April 22 2011 19:37 GMT
#196
Some cool things to check out:

TeSPA Catches the Media's Attention:
TeSPA was featured today in The Daily Texan with an article about this tournament! Read more at http://www.dailytexanonline.com/content/gamers-host-video-game-tournament!

+ Show Spoiler +

Gamers to host video game tournament
By Allistair Pinsof, Daily Texan Staff
Published: Thursday, April 21, 2011

[image loading]

With $1,500 on the line, 128 competitive gamers from across Texas will gather on UT campus Saturday for the largest collegiate “StarCraft II” tournament yet.

Last fall, UT organization Texas e-Sports Association hosted its first tournament of popular PC strategy game “StarCraft II.” The event brought together 64 players who won $700 in prizes. This year’s tournament, TeSPA Texas Open, offers more than double the amount of prize money, a new venue for spectators and an improved multiple camera video feed of the event that will be broadcast to the spectator room in Robert Lee Moore Hall and online via justin.tv.

The biggest difference, though, is that the UT organization, which only started last fall, will be receiving sponsorship from Intel, Microsoft, NVIDIA and Texas Parents.

“This little organization of ours is starting to get some statewide attention,” said Tyler Rosen, aerospace senior and the event’s coordinator.
The tournament’s preliminaries were played exclusively online April 16, but this coming weekend, the players in the top of the tournament’s bracket will go head to head. The tournament, which will last from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., will be played in front of a live audience and broadcast online through the live streaming website.

Rosen, along with his identical twin brother Adam, formed the group after discovering a new love for “Starcraft II” last summer.

“Everybody plays games or knows somebody who plays games on campus,” said Adam Rosen, an aerospace senior. “Until TeSPA, there really wasn’t place on campus to play games together, improve and even compete.”

Twenty-five people showed up to the organization’s first meeting, but the group quickly grew in size over the months. Currently, the group is a collective of more than 200 UT students who share a passion for competitive gaming, with a focus on acclaimed strategy title “Starcraft II.”

The twin brothers seek to capture the excitement and prestige that live “Starcraft” matches hold in South Korea by improving the spectator experience. Last year, spectators and players were both hosted in the same room in the Academic Annex, next to Robert Lee Moore Hall. This year, spectators will watch the matches from a large projection screen in RLM’s auditorium. In addition to more space, the event will also offer food, raffles for computer hardware, trivia games and stations where console games can be played.

The spectator experience will also see new changes with multiple cameras, live commentary about the matches and interviews with players between games.


The tournament will also be covered by the Austin American-Statesman.

TeSPA Recognized:
Last night, TeSPA was honored as a finalist for the "Best Social Organization" on the University of Texas at Austin campus! Read more at http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=149033561790955.

[image loading]

--

If anyone has any further questions or last minute clarifications about tomorrow, please let me know.
TeSPA | The eSports Association -- http://www.tespa.org/
SChasu
Profile Joined October 2003
United States1505 Posts
April 22 2011 19:45 GMT
#197
>.< bracket gets switched 3 times --> i still have to play binski
totalbiscuit is awful at casting.
karasu
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States29 Posts
April 22 2011 20:35 GMT
#198
On April 23 2011 04:37 FluX- wrote:
Some cool things to check out:

+ Show Spoiler +

Gamers to host video game tournament
By Allistair Pinsof, Daily Texan Staff
Published: Thursday, April 21, 2011

[image loading]

With $1,500 on the line, 128 competitive gamers from across Texas will gather on UT campus Saturday for the largest collegiate “StarCraft II” tournament yet.

Last fall, UT organization Texas e-Sports Association hosted its first tournament of popular PC strategy game “StarCraft II.” The event brought together 64 players who won $700 in prizes. This year’s tournament, TeSPA Texas Open, offers more than double the amount of prize money, a new venue for spectators and an improved multiple camera video feed of the event that will be broadcast to the spectator room in Robert Lee Moore Hall and online via justin.tv.

The biggest difference, though, is that the UT organization, which only started last fall, will be receiving sponsorship from Intel, Microsoft, NVIDIA and Texas Parents.

“This little organization of ours is starting to get some statewide attention,” said Tyler Rosen, aerospace senior and the event’s coordinator.
The tournament’s preliminaries were played exclusively online April 16, but this coming weekend, the players in the top of the tournament’s bracket will go head to head. The tournament, which will last from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., will be played in front of a live audience and broadcast online through the live streaming website.

Rosen, along with his identical twin brother Adam, formed the group after discovering a new love for “Starcraft II” last summer.

“Everybody plays games or knows somebody who plays games on campus,” said Adam Rosen, an aerospace senior. “Until TeSPA, there really wasn’t place on campus to play games together, improve and even compete.”

Twenty-five people showed up to the organization’s first meeting, but the group quickly grew in size over the months. Currently, the group is a collective of more than 200 UT students who share a passion for competitive gaming, with a focus on acclaimed strategy title “Starcraft II.”

The twin brothers seek to capture the excitement and prestige that live “Starcraft” matches hold in South Korea by improving the spectator experience. Last year, spectators and players were both hosted in the same room in the Academic Annex, next to Robert Lee Moore Hall. This year, spectators will watch the matches from a large projection screen in RLM’s auditorium. In addition to more space, the event will also offer food, raffles for computer hardware, trivia games and stations where console games can be played.

The spectator experience will also see new changes with multiple cameras, live commentary about the matches and interviews with players between games.



Uh... I'm *so* photogenic e__e"

Good luck to everyone going for achievements! I look forward to your crusade *evil laugh*
Jacobs Ladder
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1705 Posts
April 22 2011 22:26 GMT
#199
On April 23 2011 05:35 karasu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2011 04:37 FluX- wrote:
Some cool things to check out:

+ Show Spoiler +

Gamers to host video game tournament
By Allistair Pinsof, Daily Texan Staff
Published: Thursday, April 21, 2011

[image loading]

With $1,500 on the line, 128 competitive gamers from across Texas will gather on UT campus Saturday for the largest collegiate “StarCraft II” tournament yet.

Last fall, UT organization Texas e-Sports Association hosted its first tournament of popular PC strategy game “StarCraft II.” The event brought together 64 players who won $700 in prizes. This year’s tournament, TeSPA Texas Open, offers more than double the amount of prize money, a new venue for spectators and an improved multiple camera video feed of the event that will be broadcast to the spectator room in Robert Lee Moore Hall and online via justin.tv.

The biggest difference, though, is that the UT organization, which only started last fall, will be receiving sponsorship from Intel, Microsoft, NVIDIA and Texas Parents.

“This little organization of ours is starting to get some statewide attention,” said Tyler Rosen, aerospace senior and the event’s coordinator.
The tournament’s preliminaries were played exclusively online April 16, but this coming weekend, the players in the top of the tournament’s bracket will go head to head. The tournament, which will last from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., will be played in front of a live audience and broadcast online through the live streaming website.

Rosen, along with his identical twin brother Adam, formed the group after discovering a new love for “Starcraft II” last summer.

“Everybody plays games or knows somebody who plays games on campus,” said Adam Rosen, an aerospace senior. “Until TeSPA, there really wasn’t place on campus to play games together, improve and even compete.”

Twenty-five people showed up to the organization’s first meeting, but the group quickly grew in size over the months. Currently, the group is a collective of more than 200 UT students who share a passion for competitive gaming, with a focus on acclaimed strategy title “Starcraft II.”

The twin brothers seek to capture the excitement and prestige that live “Starcraft” matches hold in South Korea by improving the spectator experience. Last year, spectators and players were both hosted in the same room in the Academic Annex, next to Robert Lee Moore Hall. This year, spectators will watch the matches from a large projection screen in RLM’s auditorium. In addition to more space, the event will also offer food, raffles for computer hardware, trivia games and stations where console games can be played.

The spectator experience will also see new changes with multiple cameras, live commentary about the matches and interviews with players between games.



Uh... I'm *so* photogenic e__e"

Good luck to everyone going for achievements! I look forward to your crusade *evil laugh*

Isn't referencing the Crusades on easter weekend bad form?
Hyst3ria
Profile Joined December 2007
United States167 Posts
April 23 2011 04:30 GMT
#200
On April 22 2011 03:17 uNtrue_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2011 23:00 Hyst3ria wrote:
On April 21 2011 15:34 uNtrue_ wrote:
On April 21 2011 15:24 Sixto wrote:
On April 21 2011 14:33 Axeltoss wrote:
Looks like the bracket keeps getting changed up. Care to explain? I am in a different spot then I was when it was first released. I'm not mad or anything, just curious.

EDIT:

And, for the record, I would personally prefer double elim. I'm driving a decent distance to the tournament on easter weekend, and would at least like a second chance after I get knocked out first round. Again not trying to sound angry, just some feedback.


They were balancing the brackets to have the better players spread out throughout the bracket more, which is why they moved down binski, which unfortunately took your place, which made the top, and bottom bracket leveled, but middle part sort've easier in comparison, then they moved binski to the middle part of the bracket, which made the brackets imo pretty balanced out, but then for some reason untrue's stress flipped with your comment and changed the bracket to how it was initially intended to be.





To this post and your next one, thanks. B-t-w, my stress wasn't the cause of the bracket revert. The officers thought it was the best thing to do to seed the brackets back to the way it was, but now we are talking it over. Update soon to come.


Thought you were done with this.


I was joking????

And I'm an officer and I have to do player contests and I have to send an email to all of you and I have to assign your seats. I can only wish I was done with this.

Edit: (decided to add more). And I have to practice for this saturday and I have 3 interviews next week including one requiring travel and I have two tests next week and I have a project due next week and I have to go to an awards ceremony tonight and I have to meet with the officers tomorrow and I have to help plan our CSL banquet.

If you want to be done with this you shouldn't procrastinate.
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech152
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37393
Shuttle 2512
Horang2 985
Bisu 884
Jaedong 709
Light 613
Mini 519
BeSt 354
firebathero 330
Hyuk 297
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 263
Stork 259
Zeus 216
Soma 214
ggaemo 189
Soulkey 151
Last 149
ZerO 147
Rush 145
Snow 139
Leta 114
Killer 77
Pusan 77
hero 63
Mong 39
Mind 36
Sharp 34
Shinee 30
Shine 29
soO 26
Bale 24
Aegong 24
sorry 23
ToSsGirL 22
Trap 18
Free 17
Sexy 16
Yoon 15
Terrorterran 14
PianO 13
Noble 11
HiyA 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
JulyZerg 7
zelot 6
Icarus 5
NotJumperer 0
Dota 2
Gorgc4161
qojqva1752
Dendi979
420jenkins50
League of Legends
Reynor90
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1425
x6flipin375
markeloff86
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1960
crisheroes873
Other Games
gofns35210
singsing2148
B2W.Neo777
XBOCT351
DeMusliM186
Livibee173
Mlord157
XaKoH 136
Liquid`LucifroN129
QueenE88
Mew2King83
ArmadaUGS72
Chillindude16
ZerO(Twitch)11
Railgan9
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream180
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 73
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2213
• TFBlade695
Other Games
• WagamamaTV178
Upcoming Events
OSC
19m
Stellar Fest
19m
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
TaKeTV 0
OSC
11h 19m
Stellar Fest
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 21h
Online Event
1d 22h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.