• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:56
CEST 09:56
KST 16:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9012 users

[G] TheCore - Advanced Keyboard Layout - Page 126

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 124 125 126 127 128 432 Next
DaveSprite
Profile Joined February 2013
United States79 Posts
February 19 2013 07:33 GMT
#2501
As far as rotation goes, I have an idea.

It's probably awful and would fly in the face of years of muscle memory...

... but what if you remapped rotation in one direction to enter (for XRM setups)?

you could remap open chat to something like shift+enter, and it would cause problems in things like 2's, but who types in
those anyway?

Just an idea
Caw Caw Motherfucker
Berke
Profile Joined February 2013
Germany4 Posts
February 19 2013 10:08 GMT
#2502
On February 19 2013 05:50 JaKaTaK wrote:
@Berke

I just reloaded all of the files into the sky drive, you should be all set now if you didn't already dl it from the GitHub


Thanks, checking it in the evening (CET here ).

I was confuded of Skydrive / GitHub. Have only found the link to Skydrive in the entrance post. Just think about adding a link to GitHub if you also think it would be useful.

Greetings
Stow.Wif
Profile Joined April 2011
France67 Posts
February 19 2013 13:45 GMT
#2503
Hello there,

I was looking to change my layout with the idea that I must change some of my habits in the game, so relearning the layout would be a nice occasion to get rid of some of my bad habits (as not using camera locations). At the moment I am a lefty grid-user.

While I have some criticisms about the process that produced "the core", my research lead me to think that it's probably the best solution available for me. However, before making the switch I would like to have some of my question answered (I think some of these question should be in the FAQ, maybe they are already answered in the thread but I haven't read everything).

Q1 : I don't know exactly how hotkey are managed in sc2. I understand that I need to download a hotkey file. But is-it possible to get it into your bnet profile ? So that it is loaded every-time you log into a new computer ? If this is not the case, I wonder how do pro do on lan events.

Q2: why is there different profiles between races ? My guess is has to do with the different macro mechanics but I would like to have a good understanding of the choices you made. Also, knowing that I play mainly T but sometimes Random, which file should I dl (let say 70% of my game are with T, 15% with P and same for Z).

Q3: I have some questions about what bindings are possible in sc2. For example, my mouse has scroll let and scroll right on the wheel, is it usable in sc2 (could be used for camera rotation for ex) ? Also, is it possible to bind control+wheel-up ? these kind of things would allow for access of less important hotkey in the game . Is it possible to use the right mouse button with some modifier key ? This would be great when doing some task that do not require the mouse (larva injects for ex.) since it would allow for both hands to be useful in this process.

Just to give my thought about camera rotation : pro do use either zoom or camera rotation to detect observers. Since camera rotation also allows some targeting, why not change the effect of the mouse wheel from zoom to camera rotation ?


JDub
Profile Joined December 2010
United States976 Posts
February 19 2013 16:45 GMT
#2504
On February 19 2013 22:45 Stow.Wif wrote:
Q1 : I don't know exactly how hotkey are managed in sc2. I understand that I need to download a hotkey file. But is-it possible to get it into your bnet profile ? So that it is loaded every-time you log into a new computer ? If this is not the case, I wonder how do pro do on lan events.

Your BNET profile automatically saves your last hotkey setup. So once you download the hotkey file and set it in-game as your hotkey setup, BNET will save those settings and will restore them whenever you log-in somewhere else.

On February 19 2013 22:45 Stow.Wif wrote:
Q2: why is there different profiles between races ? My guess is has to do with the different macro mechanics but I would like to have a good understanding of the choices you made. Also, knowing that I play mainly T but sometimes Random, which file should I dl (let say 70% of my game are with T, 15% with P and same for Z).

The differences between races are mainly determined by the macro mechanics and the relative priority of free camera keys (cameras that can be accessed without any modifier key). Zerg has a special control group for injections, and the different race layouts have different spots for the free cams (and thus adjusted ability + control group keys as well). Jak can definitely expand more on this design process, but the general idea is:

Zerg layout is pretty unique b/c of the special layered control group for queens.
Terran/Protoss/Random are relatively similar, but with different spots for the free cameras (and thus, different ability keys).

One important thing to keep in mind is that all of the layouts are optimized for off-racing. What I mean by this is that if you are using the Terran layout but playing as Zerg, then build extractor is the same as build refinery, and build evo chamber is the same as build engineering bay, etc. So if you play T 70% of the time, you should probably go with one of the T layouts (exact layout depends on your hand size and whether or not you wish to have 2 control groups on the mouse side button).

On February 19 2013 22:45 Stow.Wif wrote:
Q3: I have some questions about what bindings are possible in sc2. For example, my mouse has scroll let and scroll right on the wheel, is it usable in sc2 (could be used for camera rotation for ex) ? Also, is it possible to bind control+wheel-up ? these kind of things would allow for access of less important hotkey in the game . Is it possible to use the right mouse button with some modifier key ? This would be great when doing some task that do not require the mouse (larva injects for ex.) since it would allow for both hands to be useful in this process.

I don't know the answers to these off-hand. If someone else doesn't answer these first, I'll investigate and edit my response.

On February 19 2013 22:45 Stow.Wif wrote:
Just to give my thought about camera rotation : pro do use either zoom or camera rotation to detect observers. Since camera rotation also allows some targeting, why not change the effect of the mouse wheel from zoom to camera rotation ?

I think the camera rotation needs to be something you can hold down, or at least that's the way it works with insert/delete by default. You hold down the key to rotate, and as soon as you release the camera rotates back to the default angle. The mouse wheel wouldn't work in this regard, but again I'd have to investigate a bit.
Stow.Wif
Profile Joined April 2011
France67 Posts
February 19 2013 17:02 GMT
#2505
Thank you very much JDub for your quick answers. Everything seems so great, esp for off-racing. The best solution for me should be to take the T setup. I'm going to try it soon.
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
February 19 2013 17:57 GMT
#2506
TheCore 1.0 is coming, this is what is left to be done before we have a full 1.0 release.

-New Logo
-OP Rewrite
-Camera Rotation Function
-HotS Campaign Support

The earliest we'll be able to release is just after HotS release because we will have access to the full campaign then. I'll be devoting as much time as possible to get this up and running ASAP. The other 3 items should be able to get finished before HotS release so we'll be ready to go when that happens. If anyone has been holding out on some revolutionary ideas, now is the time to share them.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Photon99
Profile Joined March 2012
7 Posts
February 19 2013 20:35 GMT
#2507
I noticed there were 2 "new features" for UI control in HOTS:
1) A hotkey to select all army units (but I wish it did not select observers... drr)
2) A hotkey that toggles between all your nexus/CC/hatch

Are people using these much? Should I integrate them into theCore?

So far I've only used them a little, I put 1) on ENTER and use it if I have misplaced units and want to reassign everything to my main army key, and I put 2) on SPACE and use it occationally at the end of a big macro game to look at all my bases. Can Zerg use #2 for a new inject method?

[Using PRM]
Time flies like a rocket, fruit flies like a banana
JDub
Profile Joined December 2010
United States976 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-19 20:48:39
February 19 2013 20:39 GMT
#2508
On February 20 2013 05:35 Photon99 wrote:
I noticed there were 2 "new features" for UI control in HOTS:
1) A hotkey to select all army units (but I wish it did not select observers... drr)
2) A hotkey that toggles between all your nexus/CC/hatch

Are people using these much? Should I integrate them into theCore?

So far I've only used them a little, I put 1) on ENTER and use it if I have misplaced units and want to reassign everything to my main army key, and I put 2) on SPACE and use it occationally at the end of a big macro game to look at all my bases. Can Zerg use #2 for a new inject method?

[Using PRM]

By #2 are you talking about the base camera key? That has been in WoL for a while.

As for #1, I don't think it's a good key to get used to using. We intentionally put it on a throwaway key (Ctrl+Shift+Alt+something or other)

Edit:
On February 20 2013 05:39 JaKaTaK wrote:
EDIT: Ninja'd by JDub... typical
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-19 20:40:39
February 19 2013 20:39 GMT
#2509
1) AVOID THIS KEY
its basically there for people who don't use control groups and is almost never useful. Its like the warp-in hotkey. Its user-friendly, but its not as good as a CG once you know what you're doing.

2) are you talking about the base camera? Because that has been around since WoL beta...

EDIT: Ninja'd by JDub... typical
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
ProxyPanda
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden17 Posts
February 19 2013 23:18 GMT
#2510
Hello,

I am sorry if this has been brought up already, but ctrl+shift+0 (i.e. ctrl+shift+zero) does not work
for me on the Nordic setup TRMM, TRM or PRMM (and probably many others) which means that I cannot
create a new control group. This is indeed strange since it does not work even if I try to remove and rebind it to the same thing with that exact key combination. Any suggestion on what this might depend upon? Does ctrl+shift+0 do
something else in Windows or in some other program or something? Well I am clueless.

Cheers
JDub
Profile Joined December 2010
United States976 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-20 00:57:42
February 20 2013 00:54 GMT
#2511
On February 20 2013 08:18 ProxyPanda wrote:
Hello,

I am sorry if this has been brought up already, but ctrl+shift+0 (i.e. ctrl+shift+zero) does not work
for me on the Nordic setup TRMM, TRM or PRMM (and probably many others) which means that I cannot
create a new control group. This is indeed strange since it does not work even if I try to remove and rebind it to the same thing with that exact key combination. Any suggestion on what this might depend upon? Does ctrl+shift+0 do
something else in Windows or in some other program or something? Well I am clueless.

Cheers

On June 03 2012 06:50 JaKaTaK wrote:
10. My Ctrl+Shift+0 doesn't work. How do I fix this?
+ Show Spoiler +
This is a windows problem, not a SC2 problem. Look here for the way to fix it: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967893

and I have Windows 8
+ Show Spoiler +
1. Go to Control Panel.
2. Click Clock, Languaje, and Region Options.
3. Click Change input methods
4. In the left side click Advanced settings
5. Click Change languaje bar hot keys, and select Between input languages.
6. Click Change Key Sequence.
7. For Switch Keyboard Layout, select Not Assigned.
8. Click OK to close each dialog box.

(From the FAQ in the OP)

Edit: This has been asked many many times (and the answer has been in the OP for a while now). I don't mean to call you out in particular, ProxyPanda, but just look at how many times ctrl+shift+0 has come up in this thread: TL search results
iEchoic
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1776 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-20 03:09:09
February 20 2013 03:07 GMT
#2512
On February 20 2013 05:39 JaKaTaK wrote:
1) AVOID THIS KEY
its basically there for people who don't use control groups and is almost never useful. Its like the warp-in hotkey. Its user-friendly, but its not as good as a CG once you know what you're doing.

2) are you talking about the base camera? Because that has been around since WoL beta...

EDIT: Ninja'd by JDub... typical


the "select army" hotkey is basically like the ring from The Lord of the Rings. At first, you promise yourself to only use it when it's necessary, and you do - only pressing it to select units that weren't rallied. But over time you become dependant on it, and end up wading through dirty swamp water to find it after a hobbit steals it.
vileEchoic -- clanvile.com
JDub
Profile Joined December 2010
United States976 Posts
February 20 2013 03:21 GMT
#2513
On February 20 2013 12:07 iEchoic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2013 05:39 JaKaTaK wrote:
1) AVOID THIS KEY
its basically there for people who don't use control groups and is almost never useful. Its like the warp-in hotkey. Its user-friendly, but its not as good as a CG once you know what you're doing.

2) are you talking about the base camera? Because that has been around since WoL beta...

EDIT: Ninja'd by JDub... typical


the "select army" hotkey is basically like the ring from The Lord of the Rings. At first, you promise yourself to only use it when it's necessary, and you do - only pressing it to select units that weren't rallied. But over time you become dependant on it, and end up wading through dirty swamp water to find it after a hobbit steals it.

Hahaha that's an awesome way of putting it.
Deleted User 299381
Profile Joined February 2013
18 Posts
February 20 2013 04:14 GMT
#2514
How do I know which one to pick... After selecting English I dont know which one to download... I can give some info if needed. I play Terran only really, my left hand is my keyboard hand (so i'm right handed), and my hand isnt small but no the biggest. I can easily click on half the keyboard without lifting my hand and I have no mouse macro keys either. Please help ASAP.
JDub
Profile Joined December 2010
United States976 Posts
February 20 2013 04:23 GMT
#2515
Terran, Right-handed, Medium hands = TRM.

Gl hf!
Deleted User 299381
Profile Joined February 2013
18 Posts
February 20 2013 05:00 GMT
#2516
On February 20 2013 13:23 JDub wrote:
Terran, Right-handed, Medium hands = TRM.

Gl hf!

Dude thx alot for the fast reply thx! And honestly, is it worth learning it right now (currently #16 bronze, first season playing, abt 125th game for career but only 31 are 1v1, rest are casual)? Is it worth it risking my ladder rank to learn this or should I wait till the higher leagues (when i was in practice league i tried Core .5 and I got demolished and found the positioning cramped and uncomfortable.)?
JDub
Profile Joined December 2010
United States976 Posts
February 20 2013 05:33 GMT
#2517
On February 20 2013 14:00 pagos.Elite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2013 13:23 JDub wrote:
Terran, Right-handed, Medium hands = TRM.

Gl hf!

Dude thx alot for the fast reply thx! And honestly, is it worth learning it right now (currently #16 bronze, first season playing, abt 125th game for career but only 31 are 1v1, rest are casual)? Is it worth it risking my ladder rank to learn this or should I wait till the higher leagues (when i was in practice league i tried Core .5 and I got demolished and found the positioning cramped and uncomfortable.)?

Positioning hasn't changed from 0.5 to 0.6.1 so if you felt "cramped and uncomfortable" nothing will have changed.

As far as league goes, I don't think that matters really.
esToDo
Profile Joined July 2012
United States14 Posts
February 20 2013 09:29 GMT
#2518
On February 20 2013 02:57 JaKaTaK wrote:
TheCore 1.0 is coming, this is what is left to be done before we have a full 1.0 release.

-New Logo
-OP Rewrite
-Camera Rotation Function
-HotS Campaign Support

The earliest we'll be able to release is just after HotS release because we will have access to the full campaign then. I'll be devoting as much time as possible to get this up and running ASAP. The other 3 items should be able to get finished before HotS release so we'll be ready to go when that happens. If anyone has been holding out on some revolutionary ideas, now is the time to share them.


Can't wait! Thank you Jak (and everyone else contributing in any way) for all of your hard work and dedication! It is much appreciated.
c0olL
Profile Joined November 2012
129 Posts
February 20 2013 11:28 GMT
#2519
Hello, i am desperately need your help:
I am using the core version 0.5. TRM
Since the last patch today, I can not set 'K' to do both DropAll for medivacs, and LAND for structures

What I would like to have is:
Medivac unload all=k
bunker unload all=k
buildings lift/land=k

when I try to set one function to K, it unbound the others.
This also happens when I do it directly in the file.

please help me
ProxyPanda
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden17 Posts
February 20 2013 12:28 GMT
#2520
JDub,

Thank you very much for your response. Hats off for even bother to answer when the issue has been brought up so many times (which really makes me feel embarrassed).

Cheers
Prev 1 124 125 126 127 128 432 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 1379
BeSt 305
Soulkey 204
Soma 188
sorry 122
Mind 71
Bale 26
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
ZergMaN 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm184
League of Legends
JimRising 616
Counter-Strike
edward214
Other Games
summit1g9039
Coldzera 698
WinterStarcraft670
C9.Mang0251
Sick216
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick712
BasetradeTV188
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2200
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
2h 4m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
4h 4m
AI Arena Tournament
9h 4m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
11h 4m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.