• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:19
CEST 11:19
KST 18:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9199 users

[G] TheCore - Advanced Keyboard Layout - Page 125

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 123 124 125 126 127 432 Next
Snusmumriken
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden1717 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-17 14:21:05
February 17 2013 14:16 GMT
#2481
On February 17 2013 20:41 Berke wrote:
Hi there,
I am using TRMM 6.1 German. (Downloaded i think yesterday) Predefined key for producing hellbat/battle hellion is "v". which seems to be far away from all the other keys. Please verify if it.

PS: First post here


youre generally recommended to produce hellions from the factory and transform them once they reach the army. Hence the less accessible key for immediate hellbat (is my suspicion).

I tried the latest version of the core both for small and medium hands (not sure but my hands are probably medium sized) and neither felt great to be honest. The small hands version used enter for some stuff which is just horrible for my keyboard at any rate and the medium sized version had some weird stuff in it as well. The only problem I ever face with the 0.3.3 version is that sometimes my keyboard doesnt register that I push down both shift and ctrl (I dont press both down hard enough) and so I end up creating a new control group which is kinda annoying, but the new version did not help with that issue whatsoever so I think ill stick to my slightly modified 0.3.3 version for now.
Amove for Aiur
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
February 17 2013 16:00 GMT
#2482
@Berke
that is a bug, which I thought we had fixed, I'll re-upload the files to the skydrive as soon as I can to be sure.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Gladiator6
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden7024 Posts
February 17 2013 18:19 GMT
#2483
I searched in the hots beta for cg's such as Staircase and Hotkey Trainer but found none of those, aren't they supposed to be there or do you think the training should mostly be done in WoL? Or maybe it's something you guys haven't thought about?
Flying, sOs, free, Light, Soulkey & ZerO
JDub
Profile Joined December 2010
United States976 Posts
February 17 2013 19:11 GMT
#2484
On February 18 2013 03:19 Gladiator333 wrote:
I searched in the hots beta for cg's such as Staircase and Hotkey Trainer but found none of those, aren't they supposed to be there or do you think the training should mostly be done in WoL? Or maybe it's something you guys haven't thought about?

The Hotkey Trainer custom map is only uploaded on WoL. It's not directly associated with TheCore in any way, so it's up to the maker to port it over to HotS.

As for the Staircase map, I think the creator of that has been less active recently, and also hasn't gotten around to uploading it on the beta.

Also, about Hellbat being on 'v' in the right-handed medium layouts -- that was a bug Jak that I fixed on the GitHub, but it never got uploaded to the sky drive.
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-18 04:59:56
February 18 2013 04:55 GMT
#2485
@JDub

That's what I thought, I'll upload the files to the skydrive tomorrow morning.

@Gladiator

Did you try searching for TheStaircase? Part of the reason I make the "the" part of the word is so that things are more easily searchable because they are more unique. So if ever you are searching for TheCore or TheStaircase, be sure to make them one word

EDIT: I do think that it has been uploaded to HotS, but haven't confirmed personally



A MESSAGE TO EVERYONE


Its discussion time. I know we haven't had anything new to talk about in the world of hotkeys for a while, so break out your level headed, logical, debate gavels and crack into this one.

Rotate Camera

-Polt uses this to check for observers
-Can be used to target fire repairing scvs that are behind things (ie. thor)

What else can it be used for?

Should we make room in TheCore for Rotate Camera (1 or 2 keys)?

If we should, how do we rank their priority

Begin!
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Gladiator6
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden7024 Posts
February 18 2013 08:17 GMT
#2486
Yeah, I even checked again this morning and it wasn't uploaded on the cg side or the arcade side, even with using "the" as search word.
Flying, sOs, free, Light, Soulkey & ZerO
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
February 18 2013 12:59 GMT
#2487
@Gladiator

I just did the same and couldn't find anything either. I will PM Cold Logic.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
toxifly
Profile Joined May 2010
Poland24 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-18 15:54:03
February 18 2013 14:54 GMT
#2488
ctrl + shift + l (L) is not working for me

also hotkeying all your production buildings doesn't seem to be good idea if you are going mech as you will always have to cycle, because of barracks
Cyberdyne
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany12 Posts
February 18 2013 17:10 GMT
#2489
On February 18 2013 23:54 toxifly wrote:
also hotkeying all your production buildings doesn't seem to be good idea if you are going mech as you will always have to cycle, because of barracks


When playing mech I remove the rax from the control group after the initial marine production an put it in another one to use it as a scout. Same with the factory in TvP.
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
February 18 2013 17:40 GMT
#2490
^ This.

It is so nice to check in on this thread and find the questions are already answered. Thanks so much for everyone who does that

Also, anyone with ideas on Camera Rotation?
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
JDub
Profile Joined December 2010
United States976 Posts
February 18 2013 18:19 GMT
#2491
On February 19 2013 02:40 JaKaTaK wrote:
^ This.

It is so nice to check in on this thread and find the questions are already answered. Thanks so much for everyone who does that

Also, anyone with ideas on Camera Rotation?

Personally I don't think we should push back the priority of existing commands to support camera rotation. Camera rotation is definitely one of those things that is nice to have, definitely worthy of putting it in there (I had no idea you could use it to help see observers??), but not more important than any ability, free cam, control group, etc.

I'd think that:

- For right-handed small layout, insert/delete (I believe the defaults for camera rotation) aren't really that far away, so I think it'd be reasonable to leave them as is.
- For other right-handed layouts, I was thinking maybe F9/F10, or \ or Backspace or something that isn't used but isn't too too far away for the occasional reach.
- For large handed layouts there are some extra keys that we could use for the camera locations.
- For lefties, maybe F1/F2 and/or tilde or caps lock?
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
February 18 2013 18:21 GMT
#2492
I definitely agree with priority. I'm trying to figure out more uses for them, but can't think of anything yet.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Berke
Profile Joined February 2013
Germany4 Posts
February 18 2013 19:07 GMT
#2493
On February 17 2013 20:41 Berke wrote:
Hi there,
I am using TRMM 6.1 German. (Downloaded i think yesterday) Predefined key for producing hellbat/battle hellion is "v". which seems to be far away from all the other keys. Please verify if it.

PS: First post here


Downloaded it again from Skydrive. The problem lasts. Just be informed Maybe its a problem of language conversion?
toxifly
Profile Joined May 2010
Poland24 Posts
February 18 2013 19:08 GMT
#2494
there are 125 pages how can I check every one of them ?
JDub
Profile Joined December 2010
United States976 Posts
February 18 2013 19:18 GMT
#2495
On February 19 2013 04:07 Berke wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2013 20:41 Berke wrote:
Hi there,
I am using TRMM 6.1 German. (Downloaded i think yesterday) Predefined key for producing hellbat/battle hellion is "v". which seems to be far away from all the other keys. Please verify if it.

PS: First post here


Downloaded it again from Skydrive. The problem lasts. Just be informed Maybe its a problem of language conversion?

You can get the latest version with the fix here from the GitHub: TRMM 0.6.1 German

On February 19 2013 04:08 toxifly wrote:
there are 125 pages how can I check every one of them ?

What do you mean? Check them for what?
Ticcie
Profile Joined June 2010
Netherlands43 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-18 21:32:00
February 18 2013 20:34 GMT
#2496
On February 19 2013 02:40 JaKaTaK wrote:
^ This.

It is so nice to check in on this thread and find the questions are already answered. Thanks so much for everyone who does that

Also, anyone with ideas on Camera Rotation?


Camera Rotation seems kind of situational to me, I would be suprised if the pro's used it often enough warrant replacing anything with it.

That being said, I personally bound it to ALT+J / ALT+I after seeing your post just to play around it with it. Seems reachable, and didn't kill any existing binds. I'm on TRM.

Edit: ALT-I for less hand cramp, had ALT+K there first, but that also interferes with setting autorepair on SCV's. Don't know whether I interferes with any other ability that can be set to auto cast.
More lurking more better
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
February 18 2013 20:50 GMT
#2497
@Berke

I just reloaded all of the files into the sky drive, you should be all set now if you didn't already dl it from the GitHub
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
sanddbox_sc2
Profile Joined October 2011
United States173 Posts
February 18 2013 21:24 GMT
#2498
Wait a second...do you think it's possible that camera rotation could make it easier to target an SCV building a bunker?

If it can then fitting camera rotation in there would be really important.
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
February 18 2013 21:48 GMT
#2499
@Sanddbox
Absolutely, how important would that be to you? More important than building an ultralisk? More important than free cameras?
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Lobotomist
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1541 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-19 03:42:33
February 19 2013 03:38 GMT
#2500
On February 19 2013 06:48 JaKaTaK wrote:
@Sanddbox
Absolutely, how important would that be to you? More important than building an ultralisk? More important than free cameras?
Maybe a free camera, definitely not ultralisk. Seems like a niche use that could probably be skipped by 99% of players.
Teching to hive too quickly isn't just a risk: it's an ultrarisk
Prev 1 123 124 125 126 127 432 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 160
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 762
Soulkey 313
Larva 261
Soma 186
Zeus 181
Mini 133
Horang2 92
Mind 71
ZerO 65
Sexy 65
[ Show more ]
scan(afreeca) 26
soO 25
ajuk12(nOOB) 21
zelot 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe89
League of Legends
JimRising 551
Other Games
gofns21371
singsing1721
Coldzera 716
Pyrionflax86
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick684
BasetradeTV233
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2266
League of Legends
• Jankos2350
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
41m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
2h 41m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 41m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 41m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
Patches Events
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.