• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:34
CEST 19:34
KST 02:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War545.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8879 users

[G] TheCore - Advanced Keyboard Layout - Page 124

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 122 123 124 125 126 432 Next
kamidesu
Profile Joined December 2012
Thailand25 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-11 02:36:16
February 11 2013 02:36 GMT
#2461
is it ok for a right handed person to use the left hand layout
i have a japanese keyboard layout however i cana easily use the left handed layout cause all the key is the same :p
Fruit Dealer ;D First SC2 KING / Jaedong the One and Only Real kING
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
February 11 2013 04:05 GMT
#2462
The left handed layout is only efficient when using the mouse with the left hand. Same for the right handed layout.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Snusmumriken
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden1717 Posts
February 12 2013 17:28 GMT
#2463
Im still using the 0.33 version
Made some modifications for hots and changed the lift/landkey from K to U as I often accidentally lifted buildings instead of repairing them (and patrol from u to n) but otherwise I prefer that version over the current one.

If someone can tell me what im missing out on I might change my mind. So go ahead and try.
Amove for Aiur
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
February 12 2013 18:36 GMT
#2464
I can't remember what 0.3.3 had, but the changes were pretty huge.

0.6 was a re-ordering of unit and ability priorities based on tech tree>resource cost, instead of the data we were using because the meta game has changed so much that those priorities are no longer valid. This way, when the meta game changes TheCore will stay the same.

0.5 had a lot of changes, but I can't remember all of them. We changed the modifiers to be:

Shift - Recall Camera
Ctrl - Add to CG
Ctrl+Shift - Create CG
Alt - Set Camera

Because of this we moved where the Layered Cameras were because using Shift to recall would overlap with Shift queuing abilites.

For Zergs we added a layered CG to make the Layered Inject even faster.

Actually, 0.3.3 may only have had 16 layouts instead of the now 48 available layouts because we account for different hand sizes.

We also optimized observer functions so that you can observe, control and watch replays better.

I am sure there are more changes that I'm not remembering... anyone else?
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
JDub
Profile Joined December 2010
United States976 Posts
February 12 2013 18:38 GMT
#2465
On February 13 2013 03:36 JaKaTaK wrote:
I can't remember what 0.3.3 had, but the changes were pretty huge.

0.6 was a re-ordering of unit and ability priorities based on tech tree>resource cost, instead of the data we were using because the meta game has changed so much that those priorities are no longer valid. This way, when the meta game changes TheCore will stay the same.

0.5 had a lot of changes, but I can't remember all of them. We changed the modifiers to be:

Shift - Recall Camera
Ctrl - Add to CG
Ctrl+Shift - Create CG
Alt - Set Camera

Because of this we moved where the Layered Cameras were because using Shift to recall would overlap with Shift queuing abilites.

For Zergs we added a layered CG to make the Layered Inject even faster.

Actually, 0.3.3 may only have had 16 layouts instead of the now 48 available layouts because we account for different hand sizes.

We also optimized observer functions so that you can observe, control and watch replays better.

I am sure there are more changes that I'm not remembering... anyone else?

We also now support the campaign! :D
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
February 12 2013 18:58 GMT
#2466
Now that I think of it, we're going to have to wait for the release of 1.0 until we can get all of the commands for the HotS Campaign in there. Hopefully we can 6 pool rush that shit and get it done quick!
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Laquendi
Profile Joined October 2010
Finland35 Posts
February 13 2013 15:01 GMT
#2467
On February 13 2013 03:38 JDub wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2013 03:36 JaKaTaK wrote:
I can't remember what 0.3.3 had, but the changes were pretty huge.

0.6 was a re-ordering of unit and ability priorities based on tech tree>resource cost, instead of the data we were using because the meta game has changed so much that those priorities are no longer valid. This way, when the meta game changes TheCore will stay the same.

0.5 had a lot of changes, but I can't remember all of them. We changed the modifiers to be:

Shift - Recall Camera
Ctrl - Add to CG
Ctrl+Shift - Create CG
Alt - Set Camera

Because of this we moved where the Layered Cameras were because using Shift to recall would overlap with Shift queuing abilites.

For Zergs we added a layered CG to make the Layered Inject even faster.

Actually, 0.3.3 may only have had 16 layouts instead of the now 48 available layouts because we account for different hand sizes.

We also optimized observer functions so that you can observe, control and watch replays better.

I am sure there are more changes that I'm not remembering... anyone else?

We also now support the campaign! :D


+1 for campaign support. Finally finished 100% WoL achievements with TheCore. Really helps with the transition. Great hotkeys guys.
Mar_1910
Profile Joined October 2012
Poland22 Posts
February 13 2013 19:05 GMT
#2468
Same with HOTS campaign?
:-)
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
February 13 2013 19:23 GMT
#2469
On February 14 2013 04:05 Mar_1910 wrote:
Same with HOTS campaign?
:-)



I don't understand the question. TheCore will support HotS Campaign as quickly as possible after release.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Mar_1910
Profile Joined October 2012
Poland22 Posts
February 13 2013 19:39 GMT
#2470
Yes I was wondering if TheCore supports the Hots campaign. It is not released so i thought it will be tricky question:-)
JDub
Profile Joined December 2010
United States976 Posts
February 13 2013 20:24 GMT
#2471
On February 14 2013 04:39 Mar_1910 wrote:
Yes I was wondering if TheCore supports the Hots campaign. It is not released so i thought it will be tricky question:-)

We have no idea what new units (including hero units) and abilities there will be in the campaign, so we essentially cannot do anything to start working on support for the HotS campaign until the game is actually released.
Lobotomist
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1541 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-14 00:59:32
February 14 2013 00:51 GMT
#2472
if you're hankering to play the hots campaign the night it drops, you can always customize your keys as you go. most stuff should be similar to existing units (primary, secondary, tertiary skills on the same keys) units that already exist (in multiplayer) should retain their hotkeys correct?

actually, I guess there could be some issues with units and buildings that are only available in the campaign. whatever, never mind
Teching to hive too quickly isn't just a risk: it's an ultrarisk
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
February 14 2013 01:00 GMT
#2473
@Lobotomist
Not necessarily. It is likely that some will carry over, but we have very little idea what the campaign will look like for a full run and what will carry over. For example, we had to have multiple lines in the hotkey file to account for upgrades for players that chose the ultra capacitor perk in the Laboratory.

It still would be reasonable to add in the hotkeys as you go though. Especially if they design the campaign in HotS similarly to WoL in that 1 unit was introduced at a time.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Photon99
Profile Joined March 2012
7 Posts
February 14 2013 19:33 GMT
#2474
I've started to make the switch, and since theCore is in beta I thought I'd give my feedback so far.

Overall I think moving to the right side of the keyboard and putting shift under your thumb is genius. The first thing I've noticed when using this is how little my left hand moves when I play the game. Using (modified) standard, my hand has to jump all over, reach from CAPS to H/Y and doing things like CTL+5 -- while with the Core everything is right there. I think in time I will never look down at the keyboard, while I had to do that a fair bit before.

I remapped a few important things:
1) I put build basic on I and build advanced on K. To me these are worker primary and secondary specialty abilities, and I want them very convenient. I don't like pressing ' very much, the only thing I still have on it is build nexus which is only done a few times per game.
2) I put pylon on I so I can double tap I to quickly build a pylon
3) I find M comma and period too difficult to use. To me the pinky can easily press J H N, while the ring finger can easily press I K and 8. So I remapped all 3rd abilities to 8.
4) Not sure what you were thinking with Select Warp Gates. I ended up moving this to a side mouse button, which is working pretty well.

The transition is going well, I'm only in Gold so I don't have tons of hours on Standard. My advice to others is do practice in a build order or unit trainer for 20 minutes a day while using your old hot key setup for playing games. When you are feeling comfortable play some FFAs -- these give you a chance to use any build order you like and tends toward the macro game, plus they are fun and low stress. After about 3 weeks you should be able to complete the transition and abandon your old ways!

Thanks for your efforts putting these videos and layouts together, I'll check back in when my transition is complete.

Time flies like a rocket, fruit flies like a banana
JDub
Profile Joined December 2010
United States976 Posts
February 14 2013 20:13 GMT
#2475
On February 15 2013 04:33 Photon99 wrote:
I remapped a few important things:
1) I put build basic on I and build advanced on K. To me these are worker primary and secondary specialty abilities, and I want them very convenient. I don't like pressing ' very much, the only thing I still have on it is build nexus which is only done a few times per game.
2) I put pylon on I so I can double tap I to quickly build a pylon
3) I find M comma and period too difficult to use. To me the pinky can easily press J H N, while the ring finger can easily press I K and 8. So I remapped all 3rd abilities to 8.
4) Not sure what you were thinking with Select Warp Gates. I ended up moving this to a side mouse button, which is working pretty well.

First off, thanks a lot for the feedback. I'm sure Jak appreciates it greatly. I assume you are using PRM, but it's good to specify which layout you are using, especially when you reference moving around specific keys. I just wanted to add a couple comments as a response:
1) I think the vast majority of building hotkeys are on middle finger/ring finger keys, so having build basic and build advanced on your index finger allows for very fast combinations. For example, it's faster to go Apostrophe,K then it is to go I,K since I and K are both hit with the same finger (the first is nearly instantaneous, the second is slightly less than instantaneous). Just wanted to point out the reasoning behind that.
2) Makes sense with your changes from 1).
3) I find period pretty difficult to use, but that can be your 10th control group / unused so no biggy there. As for M and Comma, I think M is actually easier to press than H or N (this is what Jak found in his investigation detailed in the Key Scores section of the Development Document, although that shows keyscores for left-handed layouts). Comma is one of the more difficult keys, and making the sacrifice of an easy to hit free camera (8) to make for an easier to hit 3rd ability key isn't a totally unreasonable trade-off, although I suspect Jak would have more to say about it.
4) Anything to set Ctrl+Shift+Alt+anything was meant to be a "throwaway" key in TheCore (or in other words, intended not to be used). Jak instead recommends grouping your warp gates together in your production control group, and using that control group for warpins.

bogren
Profile Joined January 2013
Sweden7 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-14 20:53:24
February 14 2013 20:49 GMT
#2476
Just installed hots and installed the core ZRM, but there are three unbinded keys (console, select army units & something about screen res.) Is that purposely?
JDub
Profile Joined December 2010
United States976 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-14 20:58:06
February 14 2013 20:57 GMT
#2477
On February 15 2013 05:49 bogren wrote:
Just installed hots and installed the core ZRM, but there are three unbinded keys (console, select army units & something about screen res.) Is that purposely?

Are you using the US version of a different keyboard layout version? Are you using the latest version (0.6.1)?

There should be no unbound keys.
fighter2_40
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States420 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-17 05:18:28
February 17 2013 05:15 GMT
#2478
Any terrans out there want to share their macro hotkeys for buildings and army control?


I used to have
o: CC
p: Rax
9: tech production
L: army
; : army 2


but that's kinda annoying when you get army 3 etcc.... so I'm trying to change it to

90-= macro and op[] army in addition to L;.

This is intuitive because it allows all the macro keys to be on one row of the keyboard and all the army keys to be on another row.

The problem is by doing this i'm reaching almost as far as 1234 in the normal hotkey layout for my macro keys and it's kinda straining my hand. WHAT DO?
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
February 17 2013 05:57 GMT
#2479
You are likely going to select your macro keys much more than any of your army keys. Use tabbed production and use 2 CGs (CC+Upgrades, Rax+Fact+Port) on P and O and you'll never have to strain for macro ever again!
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Berke
Profile Joined February 2013
Germany4 Posts
February 17 2013 11:41 GMT
#2480
Hi there,
I am using TRMM 6.1 German. (Downloaded i think yesterday) Predefined key for producing hellbat/battle hellion is "v". which seems to be far away from all the other keys. Please verify if it.

PS: First post here
Prev 1 122 123 124 125 126 432 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 219
ProTech155
BRAT_OK 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16157
Leta 1045
Shuttle 531
Horang2 227
Trap 124
firebathero 120
Zeus 83
Hyun 56
Bale 48
soO 48
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 34
Rock 28
scan(afreeca) 21
Bishop 15
Sacsri 11
Dota 2
qojqva1894
420jenkins463
Counter-Strike
fl0m4548
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu396
Other Games
Grubby2317
Beastyqt726
FrodaN715
KnowMe217
Livibee140
QueenE74
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick431
StarCraft 2
angryscii 16
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 50
• printf 50
• Adnapsc2 21
• Hinosc 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach103
• Azhi_Dahaki29
• FirePhoenix16
• Michael_bg 11
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1625
Other Games
• Shiphtur635
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 26m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 26m
Patches Events
21h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
OSC
1d 5h
OSC
1d 18h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.