• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:04
CEST 01:04
KST 08:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8453 users

[D]Anyone want to make a map with HotS Units? - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
October 28 2011 04:44 GMT
#81
Well the charge is more of a blink almost. Also 2x65 is the most ridiculous ridiculous damage. I wonder if we'll see the return of the Reaver drop except with a Thor that 1 shots every single worker.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
ZJAT
Profile Joined October 2011
United States83 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-28 12:29:07
October 28 2011 12:17 GMT
#82
After long thought, and strange feelings, I'm glad they are removing the mommaship, and hope the thor gets put back in the factory and remade for anti mech, maybe cheapened up and shrunk down a bit. I hate the war hound, looks terrible. I'd much more prefer a thor, and switch up that (pardon me) retarded 250mm ability with the 330mm, and nerf it down. If it was up to me, that's what I would do - keep the thor, reduce it's cost, and revamp it vs mech, yup, perfect, imo. Btw, the current way the thor builds is on-field, with a worker sacrificing himself to be the unit. (although this creates a trigger error and duplicate models, everything else works fine)

As for the map, someone pm'd me with some very specific stats on the new toss units, build times everything. Including video. Is someone willing to download my map and post to EU? I can post it to my vault later if not. I'll be uploading my map tonight sometime. And @munky - my ultra has zealot charge, the other map uses blink.

+ Show Spoiler +

+ Show Spoiler +

+ Show Spoiler +

+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS1UCftGo9c


Info:
Arc Shield 25: adds an anti-light weapon on target building. Basically turns your building into a cannon for 20 seconds.
Mass Recall 75: Same spell as mothership. This improves Protoss' ability to harass/attack without getting counter attacked.
Oracle - 200/200/4
flying caster: 80hp 20shield
Phase Shift 50: Target structure is phased out of existance for 45 secs. It cannot be attacked, use abilities, provide power, or provide tech.
Preordain 50: Target an enemy structure to gain vision and knowledge of what it is building for 2 mins.
Entomb 75: prevents harvesting from target mineral field for 45 secs. Can be attacked to be removed. (note: the shield around minerals have 75hp. 1 cast of entomb can cover all mineral patches).
Viper: 100/200/3 - 40s build time
120HP
Spells 25E 75 100 respectively
swarm host
Locusts (~.86 atkspeed and ~14 damage). Summons a pair every 25 secs and they last for 15 secs. Summons only while burrowed. attack-rally spawned
"Experimentation is the key to success, though often requisite is failure." -ZG [Zjat's Project Vault] http://zjat.webs.com
Longerhin
Profile Joined August 2011
Poland3 Posts
October 28 2011 14:39 GMT
#83
Is someone willing to download my map and post to EU?


I haven't done it yet, but it can't be too hard so i'm up for it. If you post a link for download i can do it later today.
RoKetha
Profile Joined July 2010
United States211 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-28 17:18:21
October 28 2011 17:16 GMT
#84
I noticed the OP (edit: well, the links in it) lists Blinding Cloud as reducing units to melee range (which is 0), instead of range 1 like it should be. (Ultras do have range 1 and banelings have a short range, but then ultras can also attack over zerglings and the baneling attack range is only for AI purposes.) Dunno if anyone's actually using that for reference though.
ZJAT
Profile Joined October 2011
United States83 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-28 17:26:42
October 28 2011 17:22 GMT
#85
RoKetha - Didn't notice that on the OP, but yes melee is .1 range, and ultras have 1.0. As well battle bots have 2, cloud restricts to 1, and archons have 3. :D

I will post my mod + a map to the Vault later today if I can, I will also update the NA server with the same.
"Experimentation is the key to success, though often requisite is failure." -ZG [Zjat's Project Vault] http://zjat.webs.com
Tetl
Profile Joined August 2011
United States4 Posts
October 29 2011 00:31 GMT
#86
Made a few changes since my last post. Regulated the Swarm Host and the Warhound, Baneling burrowed movement works now. I also wasn't aware that Shredder's shutdown mechanic triggered on enemies. Probably some other stuff that I'm forgetting.
Freeze967
Profile Joined August 2011
United States230 Posts
October 29 2011 15:44 GMT
#87
Zjat, arc shield requires gateway, to somewhat hinder something like a cannon rush minus the cannon
MrKenji
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany4 Posts
October 29 2011 15:56 GMT
#88
I was also working on a HotS map. Someone want to share his current version or lets work together via dropbox or so? I am on EU and there currently no HotS maps uploaded. Or lets say search finds none with "HotS".
ZJAT
Profile Joined October 2011
United States83 Posts
October 29 2011 16:10 GMT
#89
Well I updated last night, burrow charge is cool... when it works... lol
For those in EU try downloading this:
http://zjat.webs.com/Zjat's HotS.SC2Mod

Upload it to EU and then take a ladder map (I used xelnaga caverns) and goto dependencies, bnet, search zjat and click the mod, save and publish. If you would name it "Zjat's HotS [mapname]" so that we can keep the map consistent on both realms. thx
"Experimentation is the key to success, though often requisite is failure." -ZG [Zjat's Project Vault] http://zjat.webs.com
Sea_Food
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Finland1612 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-29 17:34:02
October 29 2011 16:55 GMT
#90
On October 30 2011 01:10 ZJAT wrote:
Well I updated last night, burrow charge is cool... when it works... lol
For those in EU try downloading this:
http://zjat.webs.com/Zjat's HotS.SC2Mod

Upload it to EU and then take a ladder map (I used xelnaga caverns) and goto dependencies, bnet, search zjat and click the mod, save and publish. If you would name it "Zjat's HotS [mapname]" so that we can keep the map consistent on both realms. thx


Uploaded into EU using map Shakuras Plateu

EDIT: althou now that I have tested it, it isnt at all what you said.

Here is complete list of changes I could see your mod did to the game:
-Mass recall for nexus
-Mother ship cost increased by 200 minerals
-Carrier removed
-Thor buildable by scvs costing right aumont and have correct stats, but requieres no tech.
-Warhounds exist (goliaths)
-Helion battle mode
-Baneling burrow movement uprade
-Hydralisk speed upgrade
-Ultralisk burrow charge (but it has 0 range T.T EDIT: 1 range EDIT: it works REALLY WEIRD!)

So its missing quite alot of stuff.
ZJAT
Profile Joined October 2011
United States83 Posts
October 29 2011 17:36 GMT
#91
Yes, I've stated only what I have in it is data edits. I haven't begun working on spells, Tetl knows triggers and has made spells on his map.
The mothership is a for fun change, not part of hots.
Burrow charge is super finicky cause it's jerry-rigged auto-burrow+zealotcharge+autounburrow
I'm working on it being more consistent, but I'm still learning the editor.
"Experimentation is the key to success, though often requisite is failure." -ZG [Zjat's Project Vault] http://zjat.webs.com
MrKenji
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany4 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-29 17:48:53
October 29 2011 17:48 GMT
#92
So should we work somehow together? Is it your plan to bring your mod to an end? So that nearly like blizzcon hots except animation and models?
ZJAT
Profile Joined October 2011
United States83 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-29 18:03:40
October 29 2011 18:00 GMT
#93
My plan is to do what I can to make a cool hots mod, what I can't do, I'll leave the community to. As for now I've never made a trigger in sc2, and wc3 was hard enough. So since tetl is making trigger spells, the two mods could potentially get combined and be 'more perfect.'
I do not currently plan on making new animations or anything, there's plenty of unit animations in the game to use. But I will personally do my best to use what's in there for animations and attacks such.

My next update will remove the 'special' mommaship I made, I'll be using the momma ship for the Tempest. -> actually scratch that I'll use urun.
"Experimentation is the key to success, though often requisite is failure." -ZG [Zjat's Project Vault] http://zjat.webs.com
MrKenji
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany4 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-29 18:18:13
October 29 2011 18:08 GMT
#94
Yeah I also got a version from Tetl where most skills are nearly working as they should. I am currently thinking about putting your (Zjat) version, the version from tetl and mine together. But I can´t do this without your permission and I don´t know if I have Tetl´s newest version.
With all together I think we should nearly have a playable HotS.
ZJAT
Profile Joined October 2011
United States83 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-30 05:38:58
October 29 2011 18:38 GMT
#95
Oh yeah, I gave permission a bunch of posts ago (I think), just give credit and I'm okay with it.
I will probably keep mine up though, for testing/editing the individual changes.
I wish I knew art stuff in the editor... Tempest is almost done... Uploading may be a different subject atm tho... crappy net
[e]
BTW... I see that someone uploaded my mod a 2nd time to NA.
Whoever theRealRaRas is, please take it down, no need for it to be double posted. Only need for uploading is on EU, not NA.

[e]I'm going to see if I can extract Tetl's map into a .mod, and sync it to my mod. (Don't do this..nvm)
[e] Weird, temporary files like to reuse themselves in the editor... Looks like everything I made for my map is auto loading thru the editor, lol. Blizzard programming fail...
[e]if you ever link a dependency and then can't get rid of it... delete the dependency, lol
@tetl - Your replicate isn't global like Blizzcon's. And the replicator is a ground unit.
@others - I would suggest using my map for units, damages and costs. The Thor may need to be redone, I'll put it back in the factory, next update. (I hate the uber thor concept tho now)
I'll try to build some more units in the meantime as well. (Swarm host)

@all about combining, I have seriously destroyed some of my work in trying to link stuff. Becareful! Units are using references and if they conflict they will overwrite! Luckily I've only lost about an hour of changes, and most were just figuring things out, but be warned for yourselves!

Data Compilation: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=280746
(Although the thread got closed...)

Also someone else randomly came out of the woodwork with "HotS Custom" Aside from a few obvious tooltip/model bugs, it looks 100% better than anything I can do. I haven't tested Tetl's map lately, but this map is very well done.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=280751
"Experimentation is the key to success, though often requisite is failure." -ZG [Zjat's Project Vault] http://zjat.webs.com
ItsTheFark
Profile Joined June 2010
United States158 Posts
July 03 2012 20:45 GMT
#96
So now that the majority of the expected HotS stuff is known, is there any way someone could update the maps with the current form of the game? IE No replicant, and so on?
prOpSnuffe
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden241 Posts
July 03 2012 20:51 GMT
#97
On July 04 2012 05:45 ItsTheFark wrote:
So now that the majority of the expected HotS stuff is known, is there any way someone could update the maps with the current form of the game? IE No replicant, and so on?


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=280751&currentpage=32#631

XenoX101 is already on it should be out in a couple of days according to him
Best starcraft 2 player of all time? INnoVation
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE110
CosmosSc2 31
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 584
Artosis 528
910 27
Dota 2
monkeys_forever495
League of Legends
JimRising 548
Counter-Strike
minikerr13
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5583
Liquid`Hasu1202
Other Games
summit1g7528
shahzam560
C9.Mang0265
ArmadaUGS90
Trikslyr41
ZombieGrub25
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick169
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream160
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 138
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
56m
Kung Fu Cup
11h 56m
Stellar Fest
13h 56m
The PondCast
1d 10h
OSC
1d 13h
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.