• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:34
CEST 14:34
KST 21:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)41Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10370 users

[D]Anyone want to make a map with HotS Units? - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
lololol
Profile Joined February 2006
5198 Posts
October 25 2011 11:29 GMT
#41
You need the stats and nobody from the thousands of blizzcon even wrote down the cost of the warhound, for example.

You would also need splash areas for the warhound and tempest and those can't be seen anywhere in the game and you don't know not only the area, but % damage as well, since some splash weapons/abilities deal 100% in the full aoe, while others deal 100%/50%/25% in 3 different areas.

If you try to guess the missing stats, then you'd have no idea how strong the actual unit would be.
I'll call Nada.
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
October 25 2011 14:22 GMT
#42
Since we have the stats, does everyone want to just grab 1 unit and go for it?
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
DuckyTheDuck
Profile Joined August 2011
14 Posts
October 25 2011 15:06 GMT
#43
Got two question about replicas:
-Should Corruptors be able to morph into Broodlords? (Same with Overlords->Overseers (even though Overseers gonna get cut));
-Should Overlords be able to generate Creep?
Matkap
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Spain627 Posts
October 25 2011 15:35 GMT
#44
well replicants cant morph into massive units so I dont think they will be able to morph into brood lords
A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on after him, and in that way he becomes immortal.
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
October 25 2011 17:02 GMT
#45
I'm thinking Corruptor but not brood lord but you can morph. After all you can do a worker and build them the hard way.

Overlords still generate creep. Viper builds out of eggs or at hatch?
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
Silidons
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2813 Posts
October 25 2011 18:08 GMT
#46
probably need greater spire for rep to morph into brood
"God fights on the side with the best artillery." - Napoleon Bonaparte
Cheekio
Profile Joined October 2011
United States34 Posts
October 25 2011 18:37 GMT
#47
On October 26 2011 00:06 DuckyTheDuck wrote:
Got two question about replicas:
-Should Corruptors be able to morph into Broodlords? (Same with Overlords->Overseers (even though Overseers gonna get cut));
-Should Overlords be able to generate Creep?


I'm pretty sure the current dogma is "Sure, why not", more is definitely better at this stage.
Rocketship to Vomit town
ZJAT
Profile Joined October 2011
United States83 Posts
October 25 2011 18:50 GMT
#48
Working on the same. Getting no help from Bnet forums, glad to see this here.
I'm compiling a list of all the data I can on units, movement, damage, abilities, durations, etc

As for splash on warhound, I did a .5 radius with a 50% damage; compared to thor's 1 radius and 50%
I have't attempted to make the shredder (abilities are my weakness currently), but I have my guesses from watching the video over and over that it has a range of 6-7, and only damages bio units, since it is radiation, and I'm basing that assumption from Irradiate.

I will be uploading my information as "Zjat's HotS" and in a .mod form, probably later this week, if anyone wants to use the information in it. I will be slow as a one man team, but I <3 modding melee.
I also suggest that anyone else that works on this project upload their work publicly, to share with the community. It is a suggestion, nothing more.
"Experimentation is the key to success, though often requisite is failure." -ZG [Zjat's Project Vault] http://zjat.webs.com
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-25 19:33:19
October 25 2011 19:32 GMT
#49
If you haven't already, http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=278603#13 provides quite abit of data. Also http://www.gamefront.com/blizzcon-2011-starcraft-2-heart-of-the-swarm-new-multiplayer-unit-stats-and-abilities/.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
ZJAT
Profile Joined October 2011
United States83 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-25 21:01:00
October 25 2011 20:01 GMT
#50
I don't know how to use triggers... But a suggestion for Viper's pull - Neural parasite copy, turns unit invunerable for 1-2 seconds while being turned into an air mover, until it lands.
As for the phase shift ability or w/e it is on the oracle - turn the building into neutral. Set a tick to every x seconds to reset this until timer dies... possibly to avoid add on recovery. However, making the unit non-targetable may also solve this.

{Edit} Also, I have seen both those data sources. Thanks though, if you see more, send them here :D
@munky Vipers spawn from eggs, as do hosts from what I've heard.
{e} http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/3430935454 <<Swarm Host extra
"Experimentation is the key to success, though often requisite is failure." -ZG [Zjat's Project Vault] http://zjat.webs.com
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
October 25 2011 21:49 GMT
#51
Hmmm. Can you make the pull using recall?
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
October 25 2011 21:51 GMT
#52
not hard to do with triggers, so a unit tester map should be no problem :p. But i don't really see a need to bother with it, as some of the mechanical changes aren't possible in WoL, atleast to work out on a melee map, that goes above one base play.
Fishgle
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States2174 Posts
October 25 2011 22:28 GMT
#53
I think using triggers for abilities is the wrong way to go, will lead to lots of bugs and possibly lag.

Someone's going to have to man up and learn to use the Data Editor, MissileMover, etc
aka ChillyGonzalo / GnozL
Eiviyn
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom169 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-25 23:04:53
October 25 2011 22:37 GMT
#54
On October 24 2011 17:48 DuckyTheDuck wrote:
After trying to remake abilities I came to conclusion that it's not as easy as it would seem at first glance. In fact Abduct/Replicate/PhaseShift/Entomb and Preodrain seem to be pretty hard in current editor.
GL to whoever will try to recreate them.


Entomb makes use of Conjoined behaviours to link the health of each of the mineral patch shields. Other than that, it's just a simple search effect that applies a behaviour which stops harvesters from accessing the patches (probably flags then as in stasis).

The Phase Shift probably changes the target unit's owner to neutral for the duration (like a reverse Neural Parasite) and flags the target as invulnerable.

Abduct applies a behaviour that disables collision and a force effect that draws the target to the caster.

Replicate I believe uses new tech. It's easy in triggers (replace unit with target unit), but impossible in data as far as I know. However, this won't apply upgrades to the replicated units. I'm not sure how they did that.

I'd make it myself but I have my own UMS project.
ZJAT
Profile Joined October 2011
United States83 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-26 01:13:18
October 26 2011 01:11 GMT
#55
Zjat's HotS is up! Okay, it's really crap atm, but you might be able to test
burrowed banelings,
hellion morph (it doesn't change model yet, but I'll get it to change into firebat eventually),
War Hound (missing projectile to ground units, but damage to ground and air should be accurate...)
Mass recall unchanged and moved to nexus so far...
Hydra movespeed is in

Some notes:
Hellions require blue flame, I saw this as 'obvious' based on the damage of a BFH (8+11) compared to Battle mode
Goliath/War Hound requires armory and tech lab, as far as I could guess this made sense.
Nothing is perfect, I've only spent like 2 hours on this! But it is up, see what works and what doesn't and say something eh?

Ps. I'm building this as a mod, so you can use it for what you want, the mod is also public. I don't plan on building a 'test map' I'm just using xel naga caverns with dependency. Search zjat or hots.
"Experimentation is the key to success, though often requisite is failure." -ZG [Zjat's Project Vault] http://zjat.webs.com
Cheekio
Profile Joined October 2011
United States34 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-26 01:57:14
October 26 2011 01:56 GMT
#56
And it begins.
Rocketship to Vomit town
Shootemup.
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1044 Posts
October 26 2011 02:37 GMT
#57
I just played ZJAT's Mod, its the only one of three with actual unit stats lol, and I have to say, i hope the Warhound's AA gets buffed, cause its a joke lol. Here is a rep of them vs carriers.

[image loading]

But as for your map ZJAT, pretty good work so far, the battlemode seems to work fine, but you may want to make battlemode a separate upgrade, i think thats how it was at Blizzcon. Warhounds worked fine.
"Dirty Timber Picker" Mity Teem Larquad. "I am a baddie and tango is a smartiepants." -KwarK "When you said you didn't play Invoker I thought you were just being modest"
ZJAT
Profile Joined October 2011
United States83 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-26 05:14:24
October 26 2011 04:07 GMT
#58
pretty good work so far

It's terrible... imo. War hound does 50% dmg to armored, also the hellion battle mode... is well not visual, but yes it works pretty well. Idk about it requiring an extra tech, can you link that info? Or did you go to blizzcon / have a good source?

Hydras are broken, banelings don't work... (I have both these fixed, but not uploaded) Soooo... yeah... Working on it, but abilities are my weakness. There is another HotS mod uploaded to bnet, and it's public... I will be using it to see how to do some stuff, it's got most of the spells, but some dmg's are missing on stuff.
{e} http://www.sc2mapster.com/forums/general/team-recruitment/27450-heart-of-the-swarm-community-created-melee-game
Apparently we aren't the only ones ^
"Experimentation is the key to success, though often requisite is failure." -ZG [Zjat's Project Vault] http://zjat.webs.com
Asday
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom388 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-26 05:22:16
October 26 2011 05:02 GMT
#59
FIIIIIIIIIIINE, I'll try and make something.

Gonna try and make the viper. Stuff like removing overseers and carriers 'n' shit will be easy, so I'll do that too.

Ok, I wanna know some things: I saw the Shredder doesn't deactivate in range of other deployed shredders; does the shredding stack? If so, is it a normal attack reducable by armour? If so if so, what's its duration?
XenoX101
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia729 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-26 05:50:07
October 26 2011 05:48 GMT
#60
I'm currently working on this with a friend, so far I've done

Shredder
Warhound
Battle Hellion
Swarmhost
1/2 Viper

Still need to do all the upgrades and protoss units, PM me if you're interested in collaborating, especially if you've figured out a clean way to implement the Oracle .
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech154
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 36183
Shuttle 2468
Horang2 966
Bisu 954
Jaedong 777
Light 483
Mini 397
BeSt 356
firebathero 332
Hyuk 298
[ Show more ]
Stork 279
actioN 254
EffOrt 228
Zeus 224
ggaemo 203
Soma 199
Soulkey 170
Last 148
Snow 127
ZerO 122
Leta 121
Rush 99
Pusan 78
Killer 71
hero 55
Sharp 45
Mong 42
Mind 35
Shinee 30
Shine 28
Aegong 28
Bale 26
soO 25
ToSsGirL 22
sorry 21
Sexy 18
PianO 17
Trap 16
Terrorterran 14
Yoon 14
Free 13
Noble 9
zelot 9
JulyZerg 8
HiyA 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc3917
qojqva1617
Dendi1081
420jenkins14
League of Legends
Reynor90
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1403
x6flipin353
markeloff120
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2162
crisheroes969
Other Games
gofns34245
singsing2310
B2W.Neo815
XBOCT354
DeMusliM200
Mlord175
Livibee173
XaKoH 151
Liquid`LucifroN130
Mew2King100
QueenE82
ArmadaUGS57
Chillindude14
Railgan10
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream187
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 62
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2148
• TFBlade655
Other Games
• WagamamaTV184
Upcoming Events
OSC
26m
Stellar Fest
26m
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
OSC
11h 26m
Stellar Fest
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 21h
Online Event
1d 22h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.