• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:41
CEST 23:41
KST 06:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10731 users

[D]Anyone want to make a map with HotS Units? - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Eiviyn
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom169 Posts
October 26 2011 09:18 GMT
#61
On October 26 2011 14:02 Asday wrote:
FIIIIIIIIIIINE, I'll try and make something.

Gonna try and make the viper. Stuff like removing overseers and carriers 'n' shit will be easy, so I'll do that too.

Ok, I wanna know some things: I saw the Shredder doesn't deactivate in range of other deployed shredders; does the shredding stack? If so, is it a normal attack reducable by armour? If so if so, what's its duration?


Shredding doesn't stack. "Magic" damage in SC2 ignores armour, and radiation seems pretty "magical" to me. Doesn't have a duration. Probably applies a non-stacking behaviour which deals damage every 0.5s (Blizzard seem to use this for most of their dots).

All guesses.
ZJAT
Profile Joined October 2011
United States83 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-26 12:35:40
October 26 2011 12:14 GMT
#62
For the shredder I would use a self targetting 'channeling' razorstorm animation, in .5 ticks, and then use a trigger for on/off. Idk triggers though so, someone else can build that :D
And a thought for viper's blinding cloud is irradiation's animation.

Please share your stuff eh? And post what it's called? I like learning the editor... :D
btw : xzjatx.526 feel free to msg me or add as friend, test, chat, w/e.
"Experimentation is the key to success, though often requisite is failure." -ZG [Zjat's Project Vault] http://zjat.webs.com
DuckyTheDuck
Profile Joined August 2011
14 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-26 19:31:29
October 26 2011 16:49 GMT
#63
If anyone would want to blast some marines with replicated tanks feel free to try out this map:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mdg2zkjsc2kxx5m
Edit:
Since it all is just for fun I added my Replicants mod into Metalopolis. Search for "Ducks Metalopolis" on EU. Replicants do pretty much everything they're supposed to do and in in addition they can copy spell units (mules, changelings and inf. terrans ->just for fun).
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-26 17:17:12
October 26 2011 17:16 GMT
#64
Heh, I guess we will have a collection of maps in the end. Can a mod rename this thread to:

'HotS Mod Maps List'

or something more appropriate.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
Shootemup.
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1044 Posts
October 26 2011 18:07 GMT
#65
On October 26 2011 13:07 ZJAT wrote:
Show nested quote +
pretty good work so far

It's terrible... imo. War hound does 50% dmg to armored, also the hellion battle mode... is well not visual, but yes it works pretty well. Idk about it requiring an extra tech, can you link that info? Or did you go to blizzcon / have a good source?

Hydras are broken, banelings don't work... (I have both these fixed, but not uploaded) Soooo... yeah... Working on it, but abilities are my weakness. There is another HotS mod uploaded to bnet, and it's public... I will be using it to see how to do some stuff, it's got most of the spells, but some dmg's are missing on stuff.
{e} http://www.sc2mapster.com/forums/general/team-recruitment/27450-heart-of-the-swarm-community-created-melee-game
Apparently we aren't the only ones ^


Yea, i meant your map lol, obv the HotS demo is pretty bad rofl. As for the battlemode upgrade, i just assumed there was one. It just seemed kind of odd to have BF upgrade give both BF and battlemode, but I wasn't at Blizzcon so I don't know for sure.
"Dirty Timber Picker" Mity Teem Larquad. "I am a baddie and tango is a smartiepants." -KwarK "When you said you didn't play Invoker I thought you were just being modest"
ZJAT
Profile Joined October 2011
United States83 Posts
October 26 2011 18:18 GMT
#66
From what I've heard from people that went to blizzcon, lot's of things actually didn't require anything. The battle hellion was free like the viking morph, the warhound required nothing but the factory... So I'm making some basic assumptions that these are either wrong, or were made that way for testing at blizzcon. While other things like baneling burrow move, was mentioned in actual articles as requiring hive tech. I'm just doing my best to get everything set up. I do know that the BFH and the battle bot have the same damage 8+11, so I went with a basic idea of it requiring the ignite for prevention of unrealistic timing advantage.

However, if you find out more, post it!
"Experimentation is the key to success, though often requisite is failure." -ZG [Zjat's Project Vault] http://zjat.webs.com
TWIX_Heaven
Profile Joined June 2010
Denmark169 Posts
October 26 2011 18:31 GMT
#67
remember to puplish on EU if you can! - This is awesome indeed!
Tetl
Profile Joined August 2011
United States4 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-26 19:19:05
October 26 2011 18:55 GMT
#68
Oh boy. My map is almost functionally complete, in addition to being aesthetically embarrassing. You can find it on NA Bnet under the name "HotS in WoL - Tal'Darim Altar." Be warned - I abandoned the data editor a few hours in.

Currently, it's missing
1) Attackable Entomb fields
2) Baneling Burrowed Movement
3) Preordain for Zerg units - as well as a decent method for relaying Preordain information - currently it just puts a tiny, neutral "token" unit on the ground. Usage for Preordain is also suboptimal - the Oracle must be in melee range of the target structure - not sure why, because it's clear that the spell has range.
4) Proper spell effects
5) In some places, proper unit statistics
6) Rally point for the Swarm Host
7) BC Sprint

The Replicant works perfectly - as far as I can tell. Phase Shift denies tech as intended, though it also cancels research.

I've been learning the editor as I go. Apparently I don't understand Actors at all, because I've been unable to apply any sort of spell effect to my spells. The fact that I can't get Baneling Burrowed movement to work bewilders me - none of my additions to Baneling (Burrowed) are appearing in game. There seems to be something very different about the implementation of the Roach's burrowed form and that of the Baneling.

I'll see what I can do in a bit, try to add a missile to Abduct etc.

Edit: It just occurred to me that most of my triggers only work if the caster is Player 1. Ouch. I'll fix that.

Tetl
Profile Joined August 2011
United States4 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-26 18:57:57
October 26 2011 18:57 GMT
#69
Oops, delete pls
ZJAT
Profile Joined October 2011
United States83 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-26 19:42:17
October 26 2011 19:32 GMT
#70
Tetl, I figured this out last night, I used your mod as a reference point post publishing mine. (I found yours while testing mine on bnet), and noticed immediately... that you abandoned the data editor. And that's where most of my strengths currently lie.
For burrowed movement, you have to change the baneling (burrowed) movement to the same as burrowed roaches. It's in some pathing type area or something. Works perfectly on my unpublished version atm.
I like what you have done, but prefer to use the data editor as much as possible, knowing little to nothing about triggers in wc3 and less about them in sc2.

As a note... I plan to implement something into my map that is not part of hots...but I love carriers... so... you'll see when I enable them (maybe today for fun)

Oh PS. To find my mod or his mod, type 'hots' and they both will show up. This is how I originally found his mod - looking for my own.
"Experimentation is the key to success, though often requisite is failure." -ZG [Zjat's Project Vault] http://zjat.webs.com
TheOGBlitzKrieg
Profile Joined June 2010
United States346 Posts
October 26 2011 21:09 GMT
#71
it already exists, it's called, "sc2 broodwar"

User was warned for this post
TWIX_Heaven
Profile Joined June 2010
Denmark169 Posts
October 26 2011 21:47 GMT
#72
can you maybe upload the map to some sharing site if you are unable to puplish on EU? I would love to test it out and give feedback, and i cant build stuff like this my self.
Fishgle
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States2174 Posts
October 26 2011 21:56 GMT
#73
On October 27 2011 06:09 TheOGBlitzKrieg wrote:
it already exists, it's called, "sc2 broodwar"


... did you even read the OP?
aka ChillyGonzalo / GnozL
Freeze967
Profile Joined August 2011
United States230 Posts
October 26 2011 22:14 GMT
#74
Elviyn, The damage is 20 DPS for the shredders, if you go over the data we collected earlier, you should notice that^^.
DomiNater
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States527 Posts
October 26 2011 22:35 GMT
#75
On October 27 2011 04:32 ZJAT wrote:
Tetl, I figured this out last night, I used your mod as a reference point post publishing mine. (I found yours while testing mine on bnet), and noticed immediately... that you abandoned the data editor. And that's where most of my strengths currently lie.
For burrowed movement, you have to change the baneling (burrowed) movement to the same as burrowed roaches. It's in some pathing type area or something. Works perfectly on my unpublished version atm.
I like what you have done, but prefer to use the data editor as much as possible, knowing little to nothing about triggers in wc3 and less about them in sc2.

As a note... I plan to implement something into my map that is not part of hots...but I love carriers... so... you'll see when I enable them (maybe today for fun)

Oh PS. To find my mod or his mod, type 'hots' and they both will show up. This is how I originally found his mod - looking for my own.


I just played both your map and Tetl's. Your's is the on on Xel Naga right? I couldn't get the burrowed banelings to move.

Also, the Hydra speed upgrade is hilariously broken. It makes your Hydra's literally "creep" on creep. Like..... they don't move at all. You can faintly see them moving a fraction of a space. Pretty funny to watch lol. I had to use Ovie's to load them up and take them off the creep. Once I did that they were fast as hell! I Like!

Tetl. I also couldn't get the burrowed banelings working on your map. The Swarm host was dope and extremely OP, but you have to target fire with it since it doesn't auto-fire currently. I think the amount of zerglings spawned need to be nerfed or their HP lowered or something.

I positioned the Viper over water/air on TalDarim and tried grabbing a Hellion. It completely disappeared when I used the grab spell since I was over water/air.

Only tried out Zerg so far but damn good job to both of you guys! Great work!
After I captured the elephant in the room, swept her under the rug for the hell of it... I welcome you to the melting through, of a planet that was selfish in its development of a healthy view.
ZJAT
Profile Joined October 2011
United States83 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-27 19:21:36
October 27 2011 00:12 GMT
#76
Yeah, I know, I needed to re-publish. Hopefully banelings and hydras are working now.
I can't publish from home, so updates from me might be slow, as in the one I just uploaded 5 minutes ago, will be my last til monday or tuesday.
Okay, republishing atm. The one a few minutes ago works for banelings and hydras. Ultraslisks now should work also, however, I'm not sure if their pathing is going to change, I think it should, but they won't burrow+charge yet.
What I think it should do based on what I've done with zealot charge is: charge from farther away than a zealot would, and (hopefully) turn off ultra's normal pathing during the charge.
Although I post often, I can't publish or work on it that often, so hopefully what I Can do is useful :D

{e}My head is spinning... it's been one of those days...
http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/lm7e8/a_complete_list_of_all_multiplayer_hots/
http://sc2armory.com/forums/topic/23069
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=278713
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/3430935454
If those aren't posted, they are now.

{e} wow.. pls ignore my map's name is znc and not xnc.. lol, typo >_<

To the OP... Not all units are added, just most non-casters have been modified.
"Experimentation is the key to success, though often requisite is failure." -ZG [Zjat's Project Vault] http://zjat.webs.com
Freeze967
Profile Joined August 2011
United States230 Posts
October 27 2011 19:27 GMT
#77
Dominator, I think how it blizzard would make it work in the end is just drag the unit as far to the cliff as it would normally go, then just stop.
Gyro_SC2
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada540 Posts
October 27 2011 20:41 GMT
#78
If this map work perfectly, we'll not need to buy the expansion! Yopi
Malpractice.248
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States734 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-28 00:29:01
October 28 2011 00:28 GMT
#79
i cant find the Z units for HOTS on his map...?
it only shows the basic units...?
Zjats map that is.
ZJAT
Profile Joined October 2011
United States83 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-28 02:21:56
October 28 2011 01:10 GMT
#80
I haven't added everything.

Most of what I'm adding is the 'easy' data editor stuff. Working on a thor right now. SCV builds/pilots thor hehe. (I never saw word if it was actually built from the factory)
600/300 is the cost I have pieced together - damage is 65x2 (this sounds ridiculously high), and 330 barrage is his spell. 125 energy, 12 seconds 41 dps AOE (Storm is 20).
I also have an extremely basic ultralisk charge, however it inconsistent, and although range is set to 9, it still doesn't work until the unit is attacked... w/e... it's jerry-rigged.

These comments are Non-published.
Trying to publish, if it works it'll be a dice roll... but if it does check out the following units:
Ultra
Thor
Mommaship (yes I know she's being removed...)
*ugh it's not gonna upload, crappy net... but in the mean time you can head over to 'zjats balance [mod]' thread. This is the origin of where I learned to use the editor... I'm still pretty newb.
"Experimentation is the key to success, though often requisite is failure." -ZG [Zjat's Project Vault] http://zjat.webs.com
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 64
JuggernautJason54
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 596
firebathero 84
Zeus 65
910 30
Dota 2
monkeys_forever476
League of Legends
JimRising 326
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS132
PPMD21
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5263
Liquid`Hasu1794
Other Games
summit1g6445
shahzam500
byalli363
C9.Mang0204
UpATreeSC71
Trikslyr38
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV201
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream148
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 89
• Adnapsc2 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 44
• Azhi_Dahaki30
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
2h 19m
Kung Fu Cup
13h 19m
Stellar Fest
15h 19m
The PondCast
1d 12h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.