• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:21
CEST 15:21
KST 22:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10790 users

Gaming Chairs

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
SonGoku
Profile Joined September 2013
Germany152 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-09 20:19:43
April 09 2014 20:19 GMT
#1
I´m searching for a new chair and wonder if any of you have good suggestions? It should obv be very comfy so my back wont hurt even I plan to do longer sessions at the pc.
On the other hand it should not be too expensive like neadforseats gaming chairs altough they look pretty nice...

If I´m in the wrong forum or there is already a thread about this, iam sorry but didnt know where to put it else t.t
MisterJef
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada62 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-09 21:11:40
April 09 2014 21:03 GMT
#2
There's one here...http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/tech-support/188355-gaming-chairs

and this one http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/tech-support/421457-ultimate-chair-buying-resource-thread

But I must say I got a DXRacer 8 months ago and wow those chair are amazing. I've tried many different chairs but that one is really the best I had. They are expensive yes but I find that it was money well spent because I spend hours at home playing games and that chair is just amazing!
Dat Marine Split
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
April 09 2014 22:13 GMT
#3
Ok, so i dont get the point of a gaming chair.

Lots of people sit in a chair all day, so there are a lot of companies that make really good professional chairs to sit in for hours.
Why not take one of those instead of an overpriced "gaming chair".
Thats like "gaming glasses", completely pointless marketing trick, comapnies like Zeiss can deliver glass with all kinds of filters for any glasses.

I use a high grade office chair, its like a decade old and it is designed to not cause any logterm negative effects of sitting in it for 8 hours a day.


So, i suggest you take a look at good office chairs, at least in addition to those gaming chairs.
KMAGyoyo
Profile Joined January 2012
United States5 Posts
April 13 2014 19:14 GMT
#4
I also got my DxRacer chair about a month ago and I love it! I had an old chair I got for free and it served its purpose but I really never noticed how uncomfortable it was until I got my new chair. I can sit for hours at a time now and I have no problems at all. Easy to put together, high quality, and they look awesome. Highly recommended.
SonGoku
Profile Joined September 2013
Germany152 Posts
April 14 2014 21:15 GMT
#5
Yeah, no.
I am a student so I definitely wont pay 300€ for a chair o_O
Leeoku
Profile Joined May 2010
1617 Posts
April 15 2014 05:52 GMT
#6
It's just an ergonomic / comfy chair
wptlzkwjd
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada1240 Posts
April 15 2014 06:13 GMT
#7
Gaming chairs have a "cooler/geekier" look to them compared to professional office chairs.
Feel free to add me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/MagnusAskeland/
KMAGyoyo
Profile Joined January 2012
United States5 Posts
April 16 2014 04:44 GMT
#8
Well I'd consider putting how much you are willing to spend in your original post..
SonGoku
Profile Joined September 2013
Germany152 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-16 11:42:52
April 16 2014 11:40 GMT
#9
Well I alreayd said that I wont pay the price of a neadforseat chair in the original post. If you´re good at thinking, then it comes down to probably around 150€. +-30

What would you chair experts say to something like this: http://www.buerostuhl24.com/buerostuhl-chefsessel-racer-compact-hellbraun-schwarz-hjh-office.32064.html
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
April 16 2014 11:55 GMT
#10
If you buy something like that where everything is fixed, do it in person so that you can try it.

Just go to IKEA and buy the "Markus".
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
Zyro_Falcon
Profile Joined April 2014
Singapore3 Posts
April 17 2014 04:04 GMT
#11
Personal preference: I really don't like swivel chairs, every minute movement I make on my being moves the chair, and I have to make corrective movements to move it back. I must be a fidgety kind of person.

The perfect chair for me would be... a car seat straight from a car. The back rest won't recline further if I lean into it (unlike some office chairs I've sat in, apparently a design feature) and if I need it adjusted, I can lock it into the desired position. Must have head rest, of course.

DX Racer 8 seems like the chair for me (for reasons described above); all I need is to remove the swiveling part!
FrankDDougherty
Profile Joined June 2014
United States2 Posts
June 11 2014 16:10 GMT
#12
--- Nuked ---
DXRacerUSA
Profile Joined June 2014
United States3 Posts
June 11 2014 16:11 GMT
#13
--- Nuked ---
Edgar1985
Profile Joined November 2018
1 Post
November 09 2018 08:57 GMT
#14
--- Nuked ---
Avamill
Profile Joined January 2019
1 Post
January 23 2019 09:14 GMT
#15
--- Nuked ---
MarkWilliamson
Profile Joined March 2019
1 Post
March 15 2019 12:43 GMT
#16
--- Nuked ---
ethelcurtis
Profile Joined September 2019
2 Posts
September 13 2019 17:55 GMT
#17
--- Nuked ---
ethelcurtis
Profile Joined September 2019
2 Posts
September 13 2019 18:24 GMT
#18
--- Nuked ---
johnpatrik
Profile Joined January 2020
1 Post
January 08 2020 09:28 GMT
#19
--- Nuked ---
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
January 10 2020 01:04 GMT
#20
The search engines love this thread lol. Buy the TL one!
ModeratorGodfather
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs herOLIVE!
IntoTheiNu 1397
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 262
MaxPax 102
Rex 87
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 64008
Calm 3911
Shuttle 2965
Bisu 1914
FanTaSy 1543
EffOrt 427
Hyuk 415
Stork 397
firebathero 322
Mini 285
[ Show more ]
Barracks 249
Soma 237
Rush 234
Light 210
ZerO 173
Zeus 167
Soulkey 153
Last 133
Snow 133
actioN 125
Killer 72
Dewaltoss 66
Sea.KH 63
hero 58
Mong 57
Pusan 51
JYJ 50
Shinee 43
Hyun 40
Free 36
Bale 36
ToSsGirL 35
NotJumperer 35
PianO 32
Shine 26
Yoon 26
Aegong 24
Sharp 22
sorry 19
yabsab 17
HiyA 13
Sacsri 12
Noble 10
zelot 10
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc5851
Dendi730
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1386
kRYSTAL_111
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko392
Other Games
gofns40451
singsing2135
B2W.Neo566
hiko369
crisheroes282
DeMusliM239
byalli184
Livibee158
Hui .130
Mew2King99
Liquid`VortiX71
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV237
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 55m
Replay Cast
9h 40m
OSC
1d 9h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 20h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.