• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:30
CEST 07:30
KST 14:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7424 users

2011 in Review - TL Awards - Page 20

Forum Index > News
615 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 31 Next All
Sphaero
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1697 Posts
January 01 2012 20:05 GMT
#381
First, I want to thank the guys, who made this review. It takes a ton of effort and time to do something like that.

Now, while I don´t want to beat a dead horse, I still want to share my opinion about the international team award.

I´m completely fine with Mousesports not winning the award, because you can look at it from different viewpoints. If you go by individual results, then EG should probably win it, if you go by positive influence in the international scene, then it is probably Liquid and lastly if you go by team results, it is without a doubt Mouz.

My problem is, that Mousesports was not even nominated, hell it was not even mentioned. No honorable mention, not a single sentence. You shouldn´t make a international team award and then completely neglect actual team results. Mousesports absolutely dominated these tournaments and could even stand up to premier Korean teams. Add to that, that aside of Empire Mouz is the single top class team without Koreans, you shouldn´t be surprised by a backlash of the community. Because completely ignoring Mouz achievements shows either ignorance or bias. And going by the normal quality of the front page articles, it is probably the latter.
bjornkavist
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada1235 Posts
January 01 2012 20:07 GMT
#382
Awesome write up! I love these awards, would really love to see a BW one :D
https://soundcloud.com/bbols
kovac
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden123 Posts
January 01 2012 20:08 GMT
#383
On January 02 2012 05:05 Sphaero wrote:
First, I want to thank the guys, who made this review. It takes a ton of effort and time to do something like that.

Now, while I don´t want to beat a dead horse, I still want to share my opinion about the international team award.

I´m completely fine with Mousesports not winning the award, because you can look at it from different viewpoints. If you go by individual results, then EG should probably win it, if you go by positive influence in the international scene, then it is probably Liquid and lastly if you go by team results, it is without a doubt Mouz.

My problem is, that Mousesports was not even nominated, hell it was not even mentioned. No honorable mention, not a single sentence. You shouldn´t make a international team award and then completely neglect actual team results. Mousesports absolutely dominated these tournaments and could even stand up to premier Korean teams. Add to that, that aside of Empire Mouz is the single top class team without Koreans, you shouldn´t be surprised by a backlash of the community. Because completely ignoring Mouz achievements shows either ignorance or bias. And going by the normal quality of the front page articles, it is probably the latter.

weLl said!
NaNiwa>ThorZaIN: WHAT you broke the game again dont you have any shame??
KinQuh
Profile Joined February 2011
Finland810 Posts
January 01 2012 20:08 GMT
#384
EG and TL team of the year...Bias <3
Holy check.
Kennigit *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada19447 Posts
January 01 2012 20:13 GMT
#385
On January 02 2012 05:05 Sphaero wrote:
First, I want to thank the guys, who made this review. It takes a ton of effort and time to do something like that.

Now, while I don´t want to beat a dead horse, I still want to share my opinion about the international team award.

I´m completely fine with Mousesports not winning the award, because you can look at it from different viewpoints. If you go by individual results, then EG should probably win it, if you go by positive influence in the international scene, then it is probably Liquid and lastly if you go by team results, it is without a doubt Mouz.

My problem is, that Mousesports was not even nominated, hell it was not even mentioned. No honorable mention, not a single sentence. You shouldn´t make a international team award and then completely neglect actual team results. Mousesports absolutely dominated these tournaments and could even stand up to premier Korean teams. Add to that, that aside of Empire Mouz is the single top class team without Koreans, you shouldn´t be surprised by a backlash of the community. Because completely ignoring Mouz achievements shows either ignorance or bias. And going by the normal quality of the front page articles, it is probably the latter.

Yeah, i think Mouz should have been nominated too.
-orb-
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5770 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-01 21:29:20
January 01 2012 20:18 GMT
#386
Awesome article, great read, but I find it absolutely despicable that antiga was a nominee for best map, and sad as well that dual sight was the other. For shame! Easily the worst, most inaccurate section of the awards.

Terminus?
Calm before the storm?
Crevasse?
Katrina?
Cloud kingdom?

All infinitely better picks imo.... I suppose you can argue for dual sight even though it was imbalanced because we saw some great games on it, but antiga shipyard is only good compared to all other blizzard maps. Compared to gsl and custom maps, antiga is garbage.

A shame, but the quality of the rest of the article makes up for it. Still, it's a detail I'd like to see improved in the future.
'life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery'
how sad that sc2 has no shield battery :(
KinQuh
Profile Joined February 2011
Finland810 Posts
January 01 2012 20:20 GMT
#387
On January 01 2012 23:21 Badfatpanda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2012 23:00 Talin wrote:
On January 01 2012 22:53 nimdil wrote:
On January 01 2012 17:25 SovietHammer wrote:
On January 01 2012 14:51 Cynthesis wrote:
On January 01 2012 14:36 Bumblebee wrote:
On January 01 2012 14:34 Cynthesis wrote:
I disagree with the tie for team of the year. EG has the most golds out of any foreigner team (and in my personal opinion) the better line up. But I respect your opionon.

They do? Please line it up for me.


EG - Axslav, Demuslim, Idra, Incontrol, Huk, Machine, Puma, StrifeCro, JYP

Liquid - Tyler, TLO, Jinro, Haypro, Ret, Sheth, Hero, Zenio

2011 1st Places
Liquid (3)
Ret Assembly Winter, Battle.net European Invitational
Hero - Dreamhack Winter
EG (7)
Idra - IPL 1, IEM China
Huk - Dreamhack Summer, MLG Orlando
Puma - NASL 1, 2, IEM Cologne


As much as I root for TL and dislike EG, I agree that EG is clearly the top foreign team.

For reference you can check here: Liquipedia2


But see, that's Liquipedia so it clearly must be SUPER BIASED. God forbid TL gets nominated or an award for anything on teamliquid.net. -_-


Dude, 1/3 of both teams achievements are from last year on that page and Mouz is still beating both of them...?

+Puma wasnt even on EG when he won NASL 1 and i think Huk was on TL when he won Dreamhack summer and homestory right?
Holy check.
leperphilliac
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States399 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-01 20:31:14
January 01 2012 20:26 GMT
#388
Yeah, none of these are really controversial except for the foreign team of the year I guess, which really should have been a tie between Mouz and EG, not Liquid and EG.

Also: Titan is awesome. Look forward to seeing him in the future.
DueSs
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States765 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-01 20:30:47
January 01 2012 20:26 GMT
#389
On January 02 2012 05:13 Kennigit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2012 05:05 Sphaero wrote:
First, I want to thank the guys, who made this review. It takes a ton of effort and time to do something like that.

Now, while I don´t want to beat a dead horse, I still want to share my opinion about the international team award.

I´m completely fine with Mousesports not winning the award, because you can look at it from different viewpoints. If you go by individual results, then EG should probably win it, if you go by positive influence in the international scene, then it is probably Liquid and lastly if you go by team results, it is without a doubt Mouz.

My problem is, that Mousesports was not even nominated, hell it was not even mentioned. No honorable mention, not a single sentence. You shouldn´t make a international team award and then completely neglect actual team results. Mousesports absolutely dominated these tournaments and could even stand up to premier Korean teams. Add to that, that aside of Empire Mouz is the single top class team without Koreans, you shouldn´t be surprised by a backlash of the community. Because completely ignoring Mouz achievements shows either ignorance or bias. And going by the normal quality of the front page articles, it is probably the latter.

Yeah, i think Mouz should have been nominated too.


I'm a HUGE fanboy of Tyler, but shit.. If I were Mouz, I would have said the same damn thing on twitter. I appreciate Tyler's response, too, however. It's just I think I'd be just as bitter if I were Mouz about not even getting a mention. It was a bit of a slap in the face.. I'm inclined to believe it was intentional--but, whatever.


OP:
"That, and we don't want to pick TL and get yelled at by our readers for bias, or pick EG and get yelled at by our readers for meta-bias."

Or get yelled at by your readers for entirely ignoring... Mouz.. ffs.
BLo-oD
Profile Joined November 2011
Australia10 Posts
January 01 2012 20:32 GMT
#390
Awesome article, enjoyed the read, thanks TL
makk
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom132 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-01 20:34:40
January 01 2012 20:33 GMT
#391
On January 02 2012 05:20 KinQuh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2012 23:21 Badfatpanda wrote:
On January 01 2012 23:00 Talin wrote:
On January 01 2012 22:53 nimdil wrote:
On January 01 2012 17:25 SovietHammer wrote:
On January 01 2012 14:51 Cynthesis wrote:
On January 01 2012 14:36 Bumblebee wrote:
On January 01 2012 14:34 Cynthesis wrote:
I disagree with the tie for team of the year. EG has the most golds out of any foreigner team (and in my personal opinion) the better line up. But I respect your opionon.

They do? Please line it up for me.


EG - Axslav, Demuslim, Idra, Incontrol, Huk, Machine, Puma, StrifeCro, JYP

Liquid - Tyler, TLO, Jinro, Haypro, Ret, Sheth, Hero, Zenio

2011 1st Places
Liquid (3)
Ret Assembly Winter, Battle.net European Invitational
Hero - Dreamhack Winter
EG (7)
Idra - IPL 1, IEM China
Huk - Dreamhack Summer, MLG Orlando
Puma - NASL 1, 2, IEM Cologne


As much as I root for TL and dislike EG, I agree that EG is clearly the top foreign team.

For reference you can check here: Liquipedia2


But see, that's Liquipedia so it clearly must be SUPER BIASED. God forbid TL gets nominated or an award for anything on teamliquid.net. -_-


Dude, 1/3 of both teams achievements are from last year on that page and Mouz is still beating both of them...?

+Puma wasnt even on EG when he won NASL 1 and i think Huk was on TL when he won Dreamhack summer and homestory right?


So that puts Liquid at 5 and EG at 4?

Also I (badly) worked out the prize winnings of both teams and can up with
TL: 142k
EG: 137k

I'm sure there were a few errors but it seems about even . And I used sc2earnings.com which doesn't take into account team leagues, not sure how that affects things
CakeMaster
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada65 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-01 20:37:35
January 01 2012 20:36 GMT
#392
On the front page of reddit.com./r/starcraft
Mouz claims EG is miles ahead of Liquid in team comparison
[image loading]
Original Post (Click)
I still think EG-Mouz rivalry of the year. I dont know much about the TL-EG one but Mouz and EG continue to make posts insulting one another.
EG.HuK Fighting!
Phayt
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada346 Posts
January 01 2012 20:40 GMT
#393
A twitter rivalry does not compare to legit rivalry between players at major tournaments

I don't understand how anyone could think it does

Speaking of twitter that is kind of a classless comment from mousesports. It is entirely expected that forum posters will bicker about this kind of thing, but I don't see why they would want to participate in that silliness

DueSs
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States765 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-01 20:55:25
January 01 2012 20:43 GMT
#394
On January 02 2012 05:40 Phayt wrote:
A twitter rivalry does not compare to legit rivalry between players at major tournaments

I don't understand how anyone could think it does

Speaking of twitter that is kind of a classless comment from mousesports. It is entirely expected that forum posters will bicker about this kind of thing, but I don't see why they would want to participate in that silliness



I disagree. I'd have the same reaction if I were Mouz; class would have been to have nominated them (or OBVIOUSLY have at least mentioned them) in the team award.
dubRa
Profile Joined December 2008
2165 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-01 20:50:20
January 01 2012 20:49 GMT
#395
Good write-up.

I have to agree with the posters who missed mouz as a nominee for the team award. I missed a number of teams, such as:
complexity
Fnatic
dignitas
mousesports

Yes we know EG or TL might be the best, but the least you can do is show some appreciation for other teams by nominating them.

Happy New Year!
Mindor
Profile Joined December 2011
169 Posts
January 01 2012 20:57 GMT
#396
On January 01 2012 23:49 Infernux wrote:
I would describe the teams like this. Team Liquid is like Manchester United (it's a soccer team, fyi), they have a flow within the team and they feel... complete, but also welcoming to new players. They are used to winning and have some great players, but also a lot of talent.

EG would be more like Manchester City (please mind that EG has won more than City compared to United), a bought team (also, this is a bit far out, but with HuK, JYP and PuMa, come on...) with less flow and feel between the players, more like a place to get rich and get their best shots at being the best, for all the wrong reasons (I'm still a little upset about the HuK thing, mind you).

Now, mind you, this is how I feel. In my 1.5 years in the SC2 esport scene (as a watcher and low league player) TL is the team I have felt the most connected too, because of their ethics, standards and how the players present themselves, in interviews, on lans and in general when meeting their fans.

Also, WhiteRa for most creative player. Boom.


Make ManCity into Chelsea and you might have a match...Tradition and the feeling of connection you've described is not something you can create by not buying the best players possible when you have the chance. It takes time for the fans to get used to a team on the scene having success they haven't had before. Keeping the football analogy, Real Madrid is basically doing the same thing, yet have a huge fanbase and great success by tradition created in time. These things aren't mutually exclusive.

Also if we regard SC as a common competitive sport - and I think that is the goal of any e-sport - there'll always be only one winner at the end of each tournament (team or person, but let's not get hung up on that) and every player wants to be that one. Ultimately, no one will remember the nice, loyal guy, who stayed with the same team, always placing 27th at the qualifiers, so I don't think any player should be frowned upon for trying to make their chances better at winning. There can be a number of reasons for joining another team and in my opinion better salary itself is valid enough, but that's just me.
Takezou
Profile Joined October 2010
United States320 Posts
January 01 2012 21:02 GMT
#397
On January 02 2012 05:36 CakeMaster wrote:
On the front page of reddit.com./r/starcraft
Mouz claims EG is miles ahead of Liquid in team comparison
[image loading]
Original Post (Click)
I still think EG-Mouz rivalry of the year. I dont know much about the TL-EG one but Mouz and EG continue to make posts insulting one another.


Dude that wasn't a rivalry. It was one episode of twitter smack talk. How the hell does that make rivalry of the year in anyway.
SHOOG
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1639 Posts
January 01 2012 21:02 GMT
#398
Loved this! Such a great years for SC2, and Esports in general. Happy New Year to everyone!
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-01 21:08:33
January 01 2012 21:06 GMT
#399
On January 02 2012 05:43 DueSs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2012 05:40 Phayt wrote:
A twitter rivalry does not compare to legit rivalry between players at major tournaments

I don't understand how anyone could think it does

Speaking of twitter that is kind of a classless comment from mousesports. It is entirely expected that forum posters will bicker about this kind of thing, but I don't see why they would want to participate in that silliness



I disagree. I'd have the same reaction if I were Mouz; class would have been to have nominated them (or OBVIOUSLY have at least mentioned them) in the team award.


They didn't complain about not being mentioned. They complained about the tie between TL and EG (and whoever wrote that tweet demonstrated his inability to count).

It's very classless and worded in a very much dick way. Whoever is behind that twitter is pissing on the good reputation all the Mouz players and management have built so far (not just because of this tweet).

At the end of the day, if they don't like it, they can have their own award posts at their respective websites, wherever those may be. I'm sure they have a large community following and quality (and unbiased) writers around... somewhere.
Phayt
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada346 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-01 21:12:41
January 01 2012 21:11 GMT
#400
On January 02 2012 05:43 DueSs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2012 05:40 Phayt wrote:
A twitter rivalry does not compare to legit rivalry between players at major tournaments

I don't understand how anyone could think it does

Speaking of twitter that is kind of a classless comment from mousesports. It is entirely expected that forum posters will bicker about this kind of thing, but I don't see why they would want to participate in that silliness



I disagree. I'd have the same reaction if I were Mouz; class would have been to have nominated them (or OBVIOUSLY have at least mentioned them) in the team award.


Well then you would be just as wrong. I'm not going to argue about whether or not they should have been mentioned because it's entirely irrelevant. Mouz is not entitled to anything, and even if they believe that they've been snubbed or something silly like that, it should be beneath them to get snippy and belittle other teams in a public manner, over a little award blurb.

It's just inappropriate. That kind of stuff is the territory of nobody forum posters, not a professional team's official media outlet.
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 31 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 218
ProTech137
Nina 48
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21401
Dewaltoss 178
Bale 53
ZergMaN 27
Noble 11
Icarus 8
League of Legends
JimRising 730
Other Games
summit1g11444
Sick199
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick923
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 41
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2161
League of Legends
• Lourlo1165
• Rush845
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 30m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
5h 30m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 30m
Replay Cast
17h 30m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 5h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.