• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:34
CEST 10:34
KST 17:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10428 users

2011 in Review - TL Awards - Page 21

Forum Index > News
615 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 31 Next All
-Strider-
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Mexico1605 Posts
January 01 2012 21:12 GMT
#401
I HATE PEOPLE WHO CAN'T REMEMBER HOW GOOD LIQUID WAS THE FIRST HALF OF THE YEAR, THEY WERE THE BEST FOREIGN TEAAAMMMM :ALSfkiwjfqw9rf0q
What is up? IM NESTEAAAA!
nttea
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Sweden4353 Posts
January 01 2012 21:14 GMT
#402
LOL TL staff being complete pussies for not picking team of the year imo There are no ties in starcraft2!
DueSs
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States765 Posts
January 01 2012 21:15 GMT
#403
On January 02 2012 06:11 Phayt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2012 05:43 DueSs wrote:
On January 02 2012 05:40 Phayt wrote:
A twitter rivalry does not compare to legit rivalry between players at major tournaments

I don't understand how anyone could think it does

Speaking of twitter that is kind of a classless comment from mousesports. It is entirely expected that forum posters will bicker about this kind of thing, but I don't see why they would want to participate in that silliness



I disagree. I'd have the same reaction if I were Mouz; class would have been to have nominated them (or OBVIOUSLY have at least mentioned them) in the team award.


Well then you would be just as wrong. I'm not going to argue about whether or not they should have been mentioned because it's entirely irrelevant. Mouz is not entitled to anything, and even if they believe that they've been snubbed or something silly like that, it should be beneath them to get snippy and belittle other teams in a public manner, over a little award blurb.

It's just inappropriate. That kind of stuff is the territory of nobody forum posters, not a professional team's official media outlet.


Ok, we'll just accept the fact that we're talking about two different things: nomination/twitter responses. We can agree that you think the nomination is irrelevant and I think the twitter response is irrelevant. See, we worked that out like big boys.
kvn4444
Profile Joined September 2010
1510 Posts
January 01 2012 21:16 GMT
#404
Calm before the storm should have been at least nominated, probably replace dual sight. I think calm and daybreak were my favorite maps. Agree with most other picks, mouz deserves a nomination at least for best int'l team.
flagg
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden123 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-01 21:22:55
January 01 2012 21:17 GMT
#405
Was a lot of fun to read and thank you for doing it!


Best team of the year (international) seems a bit strange. IMO it should be either Mouse or FXO or IM.

There should be some kind of criteria. Is it a team with no Koreans? Is it a team that is controlled outside Korea? Is the result counted on individual basis or as a team? Is it any team with mixed Koreans and foreigners?

Now the criteria seem to be: team controlled outside of Korea with max 2 Koreans and only counting individual results.

Seems a bit far stretched to get the right winners in my opinion...

Edit: ...or just call it most popular team and be done with it
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
January 01 2012 21:18 GMT
#406
Nice write-up.
Kinda surprised by the player to watch section.. was expecting more obvious names like fOrGG and stuff. :o
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Phayt
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada346 Posts
January 01 2012 21:19 GMT
#407
On January 02 2012 06:15 DueSs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2012 06:11 Phayt wrote:
On January 02 2012 05:43 DueSs wrote:
On January 02 2012 05:40 Phayt wrote:
A twitter rivalry does not compare to legit rivalry between players at major tournaments

I don't understand how anyone could think it does

Speaking of twitter that is kind of a classless comment from mousesports. It is entirely expected that forum posters will bicker about this kind of thing, but I don't see why they would want to participate in that silliness



I disagree. I'd have the same reaction if I were Mouz; class would have been to have nominated them (or OBVIOUSLY have at least mentioned them) in the team award.


Well then you would be just as wrong. I'm not going to argue about whether or not they should have been mentioned because it's entirely irrelevant. Mouz is not entitled to anything, and even if they believe that they've been snubbed or something silly like that, it should be beneath them to get snippy and belittle other teams in a public manner, over a little award blurb.

It's just inappropriate. That kind of stuff is the territory of nobody forum posters, not a professional team's official media outlet.


Ok, we'll just accept the fact that we're talking about two different things: nomination/twitter responses. We can agree that you think the nomination is irrelevant and I think the twitter response is irrelevant. See, we worked that out like big boys.


If you weren't talking about the twitter response, why did you quote my post regarding it, bold that section even, and proceed to disagree with me?
DueSs
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States765 Posts
January 01 2012 21:22 GMT
#408
On January 02 2012 06:19 Phayt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2012 06:15 DueSs wrote:
On January 02 2012 06:11 Phayt wrote:
On January 02 2012 05:43 DueSs wrote:
On January 02 2012 05:40 Phayt wrote:
A twitter rivalry does not compare to legit rivalry between players at major tournaments

I don't understand how anyone could think it does

Speaking of twitter that is kind of a classless comment from mousesports. It is entirely expected that forum posters will bicker about this kind of thing, but I don't see why they would want to participate in that silliness



I disagree. I'd have the same reaction if I were Mouz; class would have been to have nominated them (or OBVIOUSLY have at least mentioned them) in the team award.


Well then you would be just as wrong. I'm not going to argue about whether or not they should have been mentioned because it's entirely irrelevant. Mouz is not entitled to anything, and even if they believe that they've been snubbed or something silly like that, it should be beneath them to get snippy and belittle other teams in a public manner, over a little award blurb.

It's just inappropriate. That kind of stuff is the territory of nobody forum posters, not a professional team's official media outlet.


Ok, we'll just accept the fact that we're talking about two different things: nomination/twitter responses. We can agree that you think the nomination is irrelevant and I think the twitter response is irrelevant. See, we worked that out like big boys.


If you weren't talking about the twitter response, why did you quote my post regarding it, bold that section even, and proceed to disagree with me?


I guess you're fishing for an argument. I will answer your question though: I didn't say I wasn't talking about the twitter response, I said I think it's irrelevant to my point that they should have been nominated. K, let's quit this.
Frankon
Profile Joined May 2010
3054 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-01 21:24:20
January 01 2012 21:23 GMT
#409
On January 02 2012 06:14 nttea wrote:
LOL TL staff being complete pussies for not picking team of the year imo There are no ties in starcraft2!

Tell that to Hasu and Beasty ^^
60 supply vs 0 suply... DRAW DETECTED
llKenZyll
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States853 Posts
January 01 2012 21:25 GMT
#410
On January 01 2012 18:10 IdrA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2012 17:24 HuK wrote:
he wants it so bad

he cant have you

LOL
http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/nd6nd/tang_in_his_natural_habitat/
EsMors
Profile Joined August 2010
53 Posts
January 01 2012 21:29 GMT
#411
Very nice article! I agree on many points, but I can't understand why FOrGG is not one of the three players to watch in 2012.
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
January 01 2012 21:30 GMT
#412
On January 02 2012 06:12 -Strider- wrote:
I HATE PEOPLE WHO CAN'T REMEMBER HOW GOOD LIQUID WAS THE FIRST HALF OF THE YEAR, THEY WERE THE BEST FOREIGN TEAAAMMMM :ALSfkiwjfqw9rf0q


This

For 10 months out of 12, no other team was even close on accomplishments.
Avs
Profile Joined November 2010
Korea (North)857 Posts
January 01 2012 21:33 GMT
#413
On January 02 2012 06:29 EsMors wrote:
Very nice article! I agree on many points, but I can't understand why FOrGG is not one of the three players to watch in 2012.


Write for the foreign crowds on a site that caters primarily to that demographic. You don't really need their opinions anyways when you know whos who of the best and what to watch for.
itkovian
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1763 Posts
January 01 2012 21:33 GMT
#414
Great write-up, this sums up the high-lites of the year pretty well.
=)=
Killbydeath
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada13 Posts
January 01 2012 21:44 GMT
#415
Nice Write up!! I really enjoyed it!! :D

Should the international team of the years TL award be in the drama of 2012?
WightyCity
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada887 Posts
January 01 2012 21:45 GMT
#416
thank you for this happy new years
90% watching it 8% talking about it and 2% playing it - sc2
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-01 21:47:06
January 01 2012 21:45 GMT
#417
On January 02 2012 05:18 -orb- wrote:
Awesome article, great read, but I find it absolutely despicable that antiga was a nominee for best map, and sad as well that dual sight was the other. For shame! Easily the worst, most inaccurate section of the awards.

Terminus?
Calm before the storm?
Crevasse?
Katrina?
Cloud kingdom?

All infinitely better picks imo.... I suppose you can argue for dual sight even though it was imbalanced because we saw some great games on it, but antiga shipyard is only good compared to all other blizzard maps. Compared to gsl and custom maps, antiga is garbage.

A shame, but the quality of the rest of the article makes up for it. Still, it's a detail I'd like to see improved in the future.
Antiga got on the list because it's the most balanced map statistically in the pool. For the players we spoke to, balance was a split between Daybreak and Antiga. Terminus is not a balanced map, and there are so many versions of it, with important changes it's impossible to pick one. Calm Before the Storm is too new to really qualify. Crevasse is an awful map, you must be joking. Katrina hasn't been played in a single major tournament and it's a remake of a BW map. Cloud Kingdom might be the map of 2012, who knows!

On January 02 2012 06:17 flagg wrote:
Was a lot of fun to read and thank you for doing it!


Best team of the year (international) seems a bit strange. IMO it should be either Mouse or FXO or IM.

There should be some kind of criteria. Is it a team with no Koreans? Is it a team that is controlled outside Korea? Is the result counted on individual basis or as a team? Is it any team with mixed Koreans and foreigners?

Now the criteria seem to be: team controlled outside of Korea with max 2 Koreans and only counting individual results.

Seems a bit far stretched to get the right winners in my opinion...

Edit: ...or just call it most popular team and be done with it

We viewed FXO as a Korean team because of it's participation in the GSTL and KSL, and it's merger with fOu. Teams that weren't GSTL regulars, nor made exclusively of Koreans (Team aLive, for example) were considered for the international award. We took teamleagues into account for the international award, but came to the conclusion that the foreign scene really lacks a teamleague that is up to the GSTL standard.

I can't speak for anyone else on this, but personally, I think eight teams is far too few for a teamleague, and that scheduling conflicts played too large a role in each teamleague to make the results too meaningful. Of course, however, I was cheering hard for Mousesports in the IPL TAC, and there's no denying that Liquid's defeat in that tournament was bad or that EG's absence in that event doesn't do them favors. But hopefully in 2012, we're going to have more team competition to factor into the equation.

Moreover, the award was called 'Team of the Year' and not 'Best Team at the End of the Year' or 'Best Team in Team Events'. Otherwise, FXO or SlayerS would've won the Korean award. No, I feel Team of the Year recognizes that teams do a lot more than just playing teamleagues. Teams play a big role in individual leagues as well, and in all kinds of extra curricular stuff. I think 'Team of the Year' is a much more broad designation than most people seem to feel it is.

And I didn't want to give Honorable Mentions at all, but obviously I didn't win that argument...

On January 02 2012 06:33 Avs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2012 06:29 EsMors wrote:
Very nice article! I agree on many points, but I can't understand why FOrGG is not one of the three players to watch in 2012.


Write for the foreign crowds on a site that caters primarily to that demographic. You don't really need their opinions anyways when you know whos who of the best and what to watch for.

The point was really to single out players who people wouldn't look at normally. I think everyone is going to be watching forGG, but it wouldn't have been so good of an article if I said; "Players to Watch For: forGG, MVP, MMA, GuMiHo, Bomber"
ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
dabom88
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States3483 Posts
January 01 2012 21:51 GMT
#418
How come this isn't a Junkka awards?
You should not have to pay to watch the GSL, Proleague, or OSL at a reasonable time. That is not "fine" and it's BS to say otherwise. My sig since 2011. http://www.youtube.com/user/dabom88
WesleyLok
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada99 Posts
January 01 2012 22:01 GMT
#419
Didn't Teamliquid go like 0-9 in IPL team arena and ended up with 1-10 or something? How the hell are they "tied for team of the year" ???

Is it because this is their site and the writers aren't allowed to write otherwise?
Fionn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States23455 Posts
January 01 2012 22:09 GMT
#420
On January 02 2012 07:01 WesleyLok wrote:
Didn't Teamliquid go like 0-9 in IPL team arena and ended up with 1-10 or something? How the hell are they "tied for team of the year" ???

Is it because this is their site and the writers aren't allowed to write otherwise?


Nah, it was mostly because of their singular awards and the foreign team events weren't weighted as heavily as those single awards. In the panel, I actually had Slayers/Mouz as my teams of the year, but I regressed my position when the term team of the year was defined. If it was strictly on team events, those would have been my two teams, but when you look at the players on said team and what team had the best players, etc. in singular competitions with team championships just a secondary plus, then IM romps for the Korean side and the International side is more hazy.

Writerhttps://twitter.com/FionnOnFire
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 31 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 3137
Hyuk 276
Horang2 153
Shinee 80
Hyun 67
Hm[arnc] 59
Killer 53
ggaemo 53
sorry 45
Snow 44
[ Show more ]
Bale 33
ZergMaN 28
Bonyth 19
JYJ 15
League of Legends
JimRising 587
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King78
Other Games
summit1g8705
ArmadaUGS77
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick766
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream180
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2349
League of Legends
• Lourlo1523
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 26m
INu's Battles
3h 26m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
6h 26m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 26m
Replay Cast
14h 26m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 2h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.