Please read the entire thread before signing up. Thank you.
* Hapahauli will be co-hosting this game. Please ensure you send all night actions to both him/her and myself.
*There are no coaches in this game.
GSL Open Mini Mafia II
+ Show Spoiler [Important Posts] +
herpa derpa derpa
Mafia is an educated guessing game of epic proportions. The objective of the game is to lynch or kill all mafia members before they outnumber the rest of the town. It's much like a game of poker because mafia members are also part of the town during the day and may manipulate the vote to their liking. If the mafia at any time outnumber or equal the townspeople, they win. The town's goal is to lynch all the members of the mafia.
The game is typically very active, so the thread will get big quickly. However, it is essential to read the thread to play the game. If you do not have the time or patience to read the whole thread, do not play. I will not compensate for ignorance.
Cheating includes (but is not limited to):
1. Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information.
2. Ruining the game by doing something like hand out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Comparing role PM times to determine roles.
5. Posting screenshots of your inbox.
6. Posting or sharing any PM you receive from a host.
7. Getting yourself modkilled to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
8. Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.
9. Betting items outside of the game in exchange for in-game benefits.
10. Sharing accounts with other players unless cleared by the host in advance. Otherwise, only you may post on your account.
Cheating is not tolerated here. The punishment will be severe.
This is mod font. It is reserved for moderators. Please do not use it.
Rules specific to this game are also shown in blue text in this thread.
This is question font. Use it to ask the moderators questions about the rules. Please do us a favor and read the rules before you ask anything.
You must post in this thread once per 36 hours while you are alive. If you fail to follow activity rules, you will be inactivity modkilled.
Try to stay on-topic while playing
Talk to me ahead of time via PM or something. Smurfs are fine.
I'm fine with 1 hydra, maybe 2, tops. The two of you should contact me first though cause sometimes hydraing goes poorly. If we don't have enough signups you'll have to split into regular players.
Try not to spam. If it happens, it happens. Sometimes you gotta double post, etc. When possible, though, try to avoid spamming the thread, as this makes the thread illegible. If I think you're spamming I'll tell you to stop, and then you'll stop. Not stopping is strictly prohibited.
Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing is not allowed. You get one (1) warning for editing. After that, you will be modkilled. The integrity of the game rests on not editing posts. If you'd like to modify an opinion or fix a typo, reply to your post with a quote and use "EBWOP" to edit by way of post.
If you want to post something insulting or inappropriate and know the TL mods would have a problem with it elsewhere, don't post it here. If you do, a host will warn you or modkill you and request that you be banned from future games. The hosts have the final say on what is inappropriate. If you do not like how someone is talking to you, please PM a host, Flamewheel, or Mig before involving the TL staff. If you are unsatisfied with how the situation is resolved, then you can appeal to the TL staff normally. Stuff like "this argument is dumb because XYZ" is fine. Stuff like "you are doing ABC, which is dumb" or "you're dumb if you do ABC" is mostly fine. Stuff like "you're dumb. lolooloooo" is not fine. I'm very verbal about people getting out of line, so if you cross the line I will let you know.
The report button is a nice feature for regular TL, but not for this forum. We prefer to deal with things in house if possible to avoid confusion among the TL staff. If you have a problem with how someone is posting, talk to the host, co-host, Flamewheel, or Mig before using your report button. Please do not use your report button for anything other than inappropriate posts which you feel are not being dealt with adequately.
Please wait until this game is over to talk about modkills and bans resulting from this game.
Play to win.
This means you play your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game. If you're not playing to win I will modkill you. But this won't be a problem, because if you don't want to win you can just not sign up k?
This also means that you cannot leave the game without a good reason without a ban. These situations will be dealt with on a case by case basis. PM your host if you need to leave the game :D
You have been warned! bwahahaha
1. Voting is done in the game thread. Do not PM me your vote.
2. Please vote in the following format: ##Vote DoYouHas. Votes not done in the correct fashion will not be counted. I will update vote counts whenever I get the chance.
3. No conditional voting.
4. You may vote for yourself. You may not vote for anyone dead or outside the game.
4.5. You can vote for a no-lynch if you want to.
5. This game follows an instant simple majority lynch. The instant a player has the majority of votes on him, the day ends early, and all posting stops until the night post goes up. Please by polite and try not to post after the day ends (via majority or via deadline) out of courtesy until the night begins. So if there are 8 players you need 5 to lynch, if there are 7 players you need 4 to lynch.
6. Voting by the end of the natural day cycle is mandatory. If the day ends early, it's okay to not have voted.
7. If there is no majority at the end of the cycle, you baddies just no-lynched!
8. Once a majority has been reached, please do not post until the night-post.
Anyone may sign up for this game, even if they are a noob.
There are no invites this game. Signups are open to all!
This game follows the TL Mafia Ban List. If you are modkilled, your punishment will go beyond being eliminated from this game. Please refer to it for questions about your punishment. If you want to use this game to sit out your ban, please PM Flamewheel or post in the Ban List, and also type /sitout in the thread here.
I love replacements, but I hope never to use them. There are 5 replacement slots, so sign up if you're interested. Replacements will be made up until D3. You're encouraged to find your own replacement.
There are no clues.
PMs are not allowed in this game.
This game will follow a 24 hour night/72+ hour day cycle. In case I am not able to post around deadline, any votes after the day end will not count and the game will be put on halt until the night post is up. Also, try not to post after the day ends (via majority or via deadline) out of courtesy until the night begins. Currently the deadline is 21:00 GMT (+00:00), but that is subject to change. Actions/votes will be accepted up to and including the posted time, but not after. If the day ends early, the night will last for 24 hours, and the next day will begin early, but still have the same deadline.
Example: If D1 ends at 15:00 GMT (+00:00), N1 is 24 hours, 0from 15:00 GMT (+00:00) to the next day at 15:00 GMT (+00:00). D2 will start at 15:00 GMT (+00:00) and will run for 78 hours, ending just over 3 days later at 21:00 GMT (+00:00). Basically, extra time (up to 24 hours) from an early lynch is rolled into the start of the following day.
Thanks to anyone who has ever hosted a game. This list grows ever longer. Special thanks to iGrok and Incognito for going over this setup with me. Also thanks to Probulous since I stole this OP from him and modified it to my nefarious needs. Also also thanks to Hapahauli for co-hosting.
If you have not read all the rules, go back and do so. I might give you candy.
I am open to questions any time. If something doesn't make sense, please ask, either in-thread for via PM.