• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:41
CEST 01:41
KST 08:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8098 users

GSL Open Mini Mafia II - Page 33

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 31 32 33 All
ShiaoPi
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
TAIWAN NUMBAH WAN5956 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-06 16:52:35
October 06 2012 16:51 GMT
#641
@bl:
oh right, I remember DF mafia >_>
Thought it couldnt get worse

edit:
@austin, yeah you were the only person who should have been awarded a "wp".
LiquidDota Staff@TW_ShiaoPi
TL+ Member
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
October 06 2012 17:01 GMT
#642
On October 07 2012 01:48 ShiaoPi wrote:
oh another thing, I think the long day-cycles were counter-productive. They kind of let people just cruise by without having to worry for a deadline. Probably the standard 48/24h works better to encourage more active play.



The idea of the 72-hour deadline was to allow the voting to be controlled by the insta-lynch mechanic as opposed to the deadline. We were even discussing a 96-hour deadline.

It clearly didn't work as intended with the inactivity, and I'm not sure what BH's thoughts are on the length. That being said, I want to see this with a more active player-lineup first.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 06 2012 17:14 GMT
#643
wp scum with the nice double bus on the penultimate day. The players weren't alive to the idea that it was the perfect time for some kinda neat play, but scum pulled it off really neatly.

BL, you had me fooled a lot of the game. You were more aggressive than I'm used to seeing you, and I thought you were scum for it. Was it just the different playerbase?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
October 06 2012 18:07 GMT
#644
On October 07 2012 02:01 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2012 01:48 ShiaoPi wrote:
oh another thing, I think the long day-cycles were counter-productive. They kind of let people just cruise by without having to worry for a deadline. Probably the standard 48/24h works better to encourage more active play.



The idea of the 72-hour deadline was to allow the voting to be controlled by the insta-lynch mechanic as opposed to the deadline. We were even discussing a 96-hour deadline.

It clearly didn't work as intended with the inactivity, and I'm not sure what BH's thoughts are on the length. That being said, I want to see this with a more active player-lineup first.

^

I don't think we took advantage of the cycles. If we'd used instant lynch to put a lot of pressure on a number of different people D1, get them to 3-4 votes and really turn the screws, I think we could have gained a TON of useful information.

The 72-hour day is just...a red herring. Or whatever. Like, we read that and go "the day was 72 hours, so long!" But really, we had full control over how long days were, and the day was however long we said it was. I agree that the long cycles didn't help town in this game, but I don't think that's intrinsic to the length of the cycle, it's how we played things.
Fe fi fo fum.
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
October 06 2012 18:11 GMT
#645
dear god....
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
October 06 2012 18:26 GMT
#646
Sorry town. I thought I had the time for mafia but I just really didn't.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
October 06 2012 19:03 GMT
#647
They have only a moment before the cheeser is upon them again. Somehow, he knows about Tasteless' Secret Hallway. The walls shudder as bolts of cheese ricochet down the corridor. Nick runs as fast as he can, trying to pull his friend with him, knowing that if he can get Dan to safety, they word will get out. At least if he can save his friend, everything will be okay.

Just as they're about to reach the end of the corridor, a huge bolt of cheese flies past them and blocks the way, forming into an impermeable barrier. Nick lowers his head and rushes it, but he can't bust through the cheese wall. Fucking Blizzard still hasn't fixed it, so you can wall the bottom of a ramp with 2 pylons, and there's not a lot that people can do to stop it. As he reaches desperately into his pocket for a weapon, he hears a dark voice call out to him.

"Too slow, fools."

Nick turns, and beholds the last cheeser. More dairy than man, he hunches oddly as dark vortices of whirling, liquified curd and grease twist about him, obscuring his figure and his face. A frightening sight for any man. Taking stock of his chances, our hero realizes he as little to work with: he has no more room to run, nowhere to hide, and no weapons to fight him with. Dan is barely conscious, Ret is lost forever.

The cheeser steps forwards, pointing a cheese-encrusted hand at Nick. "Give up now, and I'll make it pain-free. You're not even a pro any more like these others were. What chance do you think you have? You don't even have a build order than can stop me."

Nick grits his teeth and says, "I still have the Tasteless Build."

The cheeser furrows his brow. "What's that?"

Tasteless says, "Come and find out, if you're so curious!"

With that, Tasteless leaps forwards and the two are joined in glorious battle.

End of Chapter 2.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
October 06 2012 19:12 GMT
#648
Overall, the setup didn't work out as well as I wanted it to, but I think in part the town reacted poorly to the Instant Majority Lynch (though scum definitely made mistakes as well). The double-bus on D3 was pretty brilliant, and given the activity level of town it clinched victory for the town.

On October 07 2012 03:07 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2012 02:01 Hapahauli wrote:
On October 07 2012 01:48 ShiaoPi wrote:
oh another thing, I think the long day-cycles were counter-productive. They kind of let people just cruise by without having to worry for a deadline. Probably the standard 48/24h works better to encourage more active play.



The idea of the 72-hour deadline was to allow the voting to be controlled by the insta-lynch mechanic as opposed to the deadline. We were even discussing a 96-hour deadline.

It clearly didn't work as intended with the inactivity, and I'm not sure what BH's thoughts are on the length. That being said, I want to see this with a more active player-lineup first.

^

I don't think we took advantage of the cycles. If we'd used instant lynch to put a lot of pressure on a number of different people D1, get them to 3-4 votes and really turn the screws, I think we could have gained a TON of useful information.

The 72-hour day is just...a red herring. Or whatever. Like, we read that and go "the day was 72 hours, so long!" But really, we had full control over how long days were, and the day was however long we said it was. I agree that the long cycles didn't help town in this game, but I don't think that's intrinsic to the length of the cycle, it's how we played things.


Ultimately, long cycles with Instant Lynch are what town makes of them. Many townies used the 72-hour cycle to be lazy and post less, but you could easily imagine a situation where it's just treated like a 48-hour day in terms of activity, and scum live in constant fear of getting hammered (bussing or soft-voting your own teammate is quite dangerous if he might get hammered while you're asleep).

I actually think town had a good chance going into D3, and going into D4 at LYLO is fine. As Bluelightz, I'd have provided several links to previous times I'd been lynched at LYLO for doing exactly what he did this game as town, and also chided ShiaoPi not to vote him because he'd get immediately hammered. With a 72 hour day that might give him enough time to argue himself out of getting lynched.

Good NKs from scum, good double-bus.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
October 07 2012 00:04 GMT
#649
guys guys guys

Austin not mvp. Should have posted closer to deadline. Epic fail. Changed nk.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Bluelightz
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Indonesia2463 Posts
October 07 2012 02:50 GMT
#650
On October 07 2012 02:14 marvellosity wrote:
wp scum with the nice double bus on the penultimate day. The players weren't alive to the idea that it was the perfect time for some kinda neat play, but scum pulled it off really neatly.

BL, you had me fooled a lot of the game. You were more aggressive than I'm used to seeing you, and I thought you were scum for it. Was it just the different playerbase?


Felt different when you come into the game from a win
Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue, Radiation Is Good Because Nuclear bombs go BOOM | I love TL Mafia! ♥ http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 ♥| Mvp is most boss
Bluelightz
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Indonesia2463 Posts
October 07 2012 02:52 GMT
#651
I think this game was sort of a mirror of purgatory mafia w/ the mechanics.
Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue, Radiation Is Good Because Nuclear bombs go BOOM | I love TL Mafia! ♥ http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 ♥| Mvp is most boss
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
October 07 2012 03:43 GMT
#652
On October 07 2012 09:04 iamperfection wrote:
guys guys guys

Austin not mvp. Should have posted closer to deadline. Epic fail. Changed nk.


Awwww, really? Deadline was right around when I leave work. If scum would have told me they'd let me survive, I'd have stayed a little later.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
October 07 2012 04:00 GMT
#653
Who were you planning on killing?
Fe fi fo fum.
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-07 14:41:23
October 07 2012 04:14 GMT
#654
On October 07 2012 13:00 austinmcc wrote:
Who were you planning on killing?

s&b... it was sinesis idea thought he was the most suspicious of us. My active lurking caught you though.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
phagga
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland2194 Posts
October 07 2012 15:42 GMT
#655
Thanks to the hosts for this game. I liked the concept and the mechanics, unfortunately the game suffered from the heavy inactivity.

I still struggle with trying to make the town more active. I tried to come up with meaningful topics for day 1 to discuss, but failed. Also, I need to cut the filler crap on my D1 posts. Obviously I was scummy although I tried hard to be the opposite.

About the game, I would never have lynched Bluelightz. It was pretty obvious for me that he was more or less playing to his town meta. However, I thought the same of Iamperfect after comparing with his play in Rockband Mafia.

About my D2 absence and replacement: 15 minutes after This Post I received a phone call from my stepfather. He informed me that my mother has had a cardiac arrest at night. 4 Days earlier they had removed a tumor from her throat. That night, the wound broke open again and blood got in her lung, which caused her circulation to shut down. They reanimated her immediatly, but her brain took severe damage. She died 30 hours later.

So, yeah, I first thought I want to play on because it was a good distraction of all the shit going on at the time. However, I was on the road or the hospital the whole time and could only play from mobile, which sucks. Blazinghand was kind enough to offer me replacement, which I accepted.

In hindsight, I should have asked for a replacement immediatly. Sorry for waiting so long.

"A person who does not concern himself with politics has already made the political choice he was so anxious to spare himself: he is serving the ruling party." - Max Frisch
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-07 16:53:06
October 07 2012 16:50 GMT
#656
Not bluelightz's fault at all, as always

Well, except for the fact he also threw his vote down early and on the wrong person
Bluelightz
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Indonesia2463 Posts
October 07 2012 16:56 GMT
#657
On October 08 2012 01:50 syllogism wrote:
Not bluelightz's fault at all, as always

Well, except for the fact he also threw his vote down early and on the wrong person


My vote didn't matter anyway.
Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue, Radiation Is Good Because Nuclear bombs go BOOM | I love TL Mafia! ♥ http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 ♥| Mvp is most boss
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-14 21:18:47
December 14 2012 21:18 GMT
#658
accidental post
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
December 15 2012 01:23 GMT
#659
On December 15 2012 06:18 Blazinghand wrote:
accidental post

I noticed it was a dick
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Prev 1 31 32 33 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings59
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O140
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 108
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 877
ZZZero.O 140
Bale 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm165
League of Legends
Doublelift5307
JimRising 774
Other Games
summit1g9572
FrodaN3260
KnowMe197
C9.Mang0184
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1199
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP57
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie905
• Shiphtur203
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
10h 19m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
11h 19m
Monday Night Weeklies
16h 19m
Replay Cast
23h 19m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 11h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.