• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:55
CEST 20:55
KST 03:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9030 users

Sleeper Cell Mafia - Page 9

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 46 Next All
Impervious
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada4222 Posts
April 25 2011 13:45 GMT
#161
On April 25 2011 22:43 Ace wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 25 2011 22:38 Impervious wrote:
Guys, this talk about breadcrumbing is nice and all, but I don't see it going much further at the moment. We should probably wait a while before bringing this up, so we can catch a slip up. Especially if they are trying to hide their posting in the thread.

I think we should talk about the pros and cons of of double-checking anyone who gets the result of "insufficient analysis", to make it easier on the DT.

The pros of double checking are that you are more sure of the result. The cons are that you could be checking someone else instead, therefore checking more people. I really think the cons outweigh the pros in this case.

Thoughts?


Even if you double checked someone and got "Incomplete Analysis" it's a waste of time. If you get it once and you checked the person because you assumed they were scum it's better to come out with it and play the odds that they are CL and not that you hit the 25% chance you rolled the wrong result.

Also there may be other roles not listed in the OP that have this same effect. Whether they are good or bad you won't know so you could end up wasting another day of your check to get you no further than your first check. Just roll with the odds on this one.

That's pretty exactly what I was thinking. I just wanted to make sure I'm not alone on this one.
~ \(ˌ)im-ˈpər-vē-əs\ : not capable of being damaged or harmed.
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
April 25 2011 13:46 GMT
#162
Ace, I trust your analysis and think you are a smart player, but I don't like the idea of feeding ideas to the cell leader. I don't see how this can be helpful for town as I can think of other methods of comunicating with the sleeper agents that do not involve using the posts in this thread.
Impervious
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada4222 Posts
April 25 2011 13:46 GMT
#163
On April 25 2011 22:39 GMarshal wrote:
I like that question, I'll take the first shot at answering it.

Now, I'm assuming one person is receiving the message.

1.) Ace- "I'm the pardoner from XXXVIII": with a veteran player like Ace I would be trying to get as much information to him as possible, information is power and even with only a little bit of it I'm sure he could get stuff done

2.) Mr. Wiggles - " mafia will post 'serial killer' " or some other breadcrumb that would allow me to reveal myself to him and then the rest of the team. I might think of a more clever breadcrumb than that, and if it were clever enough I might use it for ace instead.

3.) why- same as for wiggles, as a veteran player both of them are people I could count on to work it into their regular posts without worrying too much about them messing up.

Nothing against you, but I haven't played or checked out a game where why has played. I would have put you in the 3rd spot.
~ \(ˌ)im-ˈpər-vē-əs\ : not capable of being damaged or harmed.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
April 25 2011 13:47 GMT
#164
On April 25 2011 22:38 Impervious wrote:
Guys, this talk about breadcrumbing is nice and all, but I don't see it going much further at the moment. We should probably wait a while before bringing this up, so we can catch a slip up. Especially if they are trying to hide their posting in the thread.

I think we should talk about the pros and cons of of double-checking anyone who gets the result of "insufficient analysis", to make it easier on the DT.

The pros of double checking are that you are more sure of the result. The cons are that you could be checking someone else instead, therefore checking more people. I really think the cons outweigh the pros in this case.

Thoughts?


I think the DT should just push for a lynch on the target 75% chance of having the cell leader is worth the gamble of accidentally getting a town player lynched, IMO. Sure it might suck for the town player getting the shit end of the stick, but hey, we die for the greater glory and all that.

I also think this is usless discussion that allows scum to blend in, I'm sure the mafia is content to debate this to death, rather than worrying about us sabotaging their cutesy plans. Still I want to see what you guys awnser to Ace's question
Moderator
Vain
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Netherlands1115 Posts
April 25 2011 13:47 GMT
#165
On April 25 2011 22:38 Impervious wrote:
Guys, this talk about breadcrumbing is nice and all, but I don't see it going much further at the moment. We should probably wait a while before bringing this up, so we can catch a slip up. Especially if they are trying to hide their posting in the thread.

I think we should talk about the pros and cons of of double-checking anyone who gets the result of "insufficient analysis", to make it easier on the DT.

The pros of double checking are that you are more sure of the result. The cons are that you could be checking someone else instead, therefore checking more people. I really think the cons outweigh the pros in this case.

Thoughts?


Well it depends on the case. if you suspect someone heavily of breadcrumbing and get "insufficient analysis" there is a great chance of him being the cell leader. if you checked someone who hasn't posted that much the dt should maybe check again as it could be a blue. If i was a DT i would only double check in very extreme cases. Mind that the Cell leader will post a bit to breadcrumb.
Battle.net 2.0 is a waiter and he's a dick
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
April 25 2011 13:54 GMT
#166
On April 25 2011 22:46 sandroba wrote:
Ace, I trust your analysis and think you are a smart player, but I don't like the idea of feeding ideas to the cell leader. I don't see how this can be helpful for town as I can think of other methods of comunicating with the sleeper agents that do not involve using the posts in this thread.


Well you can keep those methods to yourself since you don't seem intent on sharing. What I'm doing here is something else. Guess you'll just have to read into it a bit more.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
April 25 2011 13:54 GMT
#167
I agree with never double checking. I also think the DT should not reveal himself early and try to push for a lynch based on analysis if he gets a positive result. As there are probably 5 mafia in the game and we don't know how many DTs and no medic, trading for mafia 1 for 1 early is not a good deal for town.
Impervious
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada4222 Posts
April 25 2011 13:57 GMT
#168
On April 25 2011 22:47 GMarshal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 25 2011 22:38 Impervious wrote:
Guys, this talk about breadcrumbing is nice and all, but I don't see it going much further at the moment. We should probably wait a while before bringing this up, so we can catch a slip up. Especially if they are trying to hide their posting in the thread.

I think we should talk about the pros and cons of of double-checking anyone who gets the result of "insufficient analysis", to make it easier on the DT.

The pros of double checking are that you are more sure of the result. The cons are that you could be checking someone else instead, therefore checking more people. I really think the cons outweigh the pros in this case.

Thoughts?


I think the DT should just push for a lynch on the target 75% chance of having the cell leader is worth the gamble of accidentally getting a town player lynched, IMO. Sure it might suck for the town player getting the shit end of the stick, but hey, we die for the greater glory and all that.

I also think this is usless discussion that allows scum to blend in, I'm sure the mafia is content to debate this to death, rather than worrying about us sabotaging their cutesy plans. Still I want to see what you guys awnser to Ace's question

Actually, you're wrong with the "75%" thing.

There's a 1/15 chance that the cell leader will be checked tonight (based on pure percentages). There's a 14/15 chance that a non cell leader will be checked tonight (also based on pure percentages).

If the cell leader is checked, it will show up as insufficient analysis. If a non cell leader is checked, it'll show up as insufficient analysis in 25% of the checks.

Ultimately, this means that a result of insufficient analysis tonight leads to a 22.2% chance of actually being the cell leader..... IT IS NOT 75%.

However, lynching them is still the best move. Assuming 4 sleeper cells and the cell leader, out of a total of 15 people who could be checked, it adds up to about a 50% chance of hitting a red by lynching anyone who gets "insufficient analysis" tonight.

When you add in factors like intentionally checking scummy players (increasing your chance of checking the right people), then this is by far the best choice.
~ \(ˌ)im-ˈpər-vē-əs\ : not capable of being damaged or harmed.
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
April 25 2011 13:58 GMT
#169
On April 25 2011 22:54 Ace wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 25 2011 22:46 sandroba wrote:
Ace, I trust your analysis and think you are a smart player, but I don't like the idea of feeding ideas to the cell leader. I don't see how this can be helpful for town as I can think of other methods of comunicating with the sleeper agents that do not involve using the posts in this thread.


Well you can keep those methods to yourself since you don't seem intent on sharing. What I'm doing here is something else. Guess you'll just have to read into it a bit more.

I'm going to post my three people without the msg then.
Ace, GM, Mr. Wiggles.
I would inform them of all other mafia players so they can operate normally without the fear of mislynching one of the other agents.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
April 25 2011 14:04 GMT
#170
I forgot my 3:

1.) Eiii

If I recall I played in a Mafia game with him a long time ago. I think he's the only one here that was around more than 2 years ago? If so I could send him a message and it would be clearly obvious it was from me.

2.) Jackal58

I think I've also played a game with him before and he didn't suck.

3.) GMarshal/darmousseh/GGQ

I've modded games with all 3 of them participating. All 3 of them played decently in the last game I ran so they'd be prime choices.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
April 25 2011 14:09 GMT
#171
sandroba post your messages too. I'd like to know your relations to whoever you picked.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
April 25 2011 14:11 GMT
#172
I'm not going to post it because I can reveal any 5 people with 20 chars, and maybe the cell leader can't.
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
April 25 2011 14:13 GMT
#173
Also my list is based purely on who I think are the best players in this game. Don't feel ofended if I didn't pick you as I've read only a limited number of mafia games.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
April 25 2011 14:14 GMT
#174
huh? I dont understand that.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 25 2011 14:14 GMT
#175
On April 25 2011 22:58 sandroba wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 25 2011 22:54 Ace wrote:
On April 25 2011 22:46 sandroba wrote:
Ace, I trust your analysis and think you are a smart player, but I don't like the idea of feeding ideas to the cell leader. I don't see how this can be helpful for town as I can think of other methods of comunicating with the sleeper agents that do not involve using the posts in this thread.


Well you can keep those methods to yourself since you don't seem intent on sharing. What I'm doing here is something else. Guess you'll just have to read into it a bit more.

I'm going to post my three people without the msg then.
Ace, GM, Mr. Wiggles.
I would inform them of all other mafia players so they can operate normally without the fear of mislynching one of the other agents.

Well thanks for that. And how would you transmit this information? You said you can do so without posting anything in the thread. I'm curious how that mechanic would work. You can't send names. You can only contact 1 at a time. You have 5 words or 20 characters/msg.
Please don't answer that. God forbid the cell leader gets his hands on super secret stealth communications abilities.
Please stop posting pointless "I would do something but I'm not telling you what it is" posts.
This thread is for discussion. If you don't feel you can discuss something don't mention it. You're beginning to look a lot like somebody that wants to post a lot of useless stuff just to appear to be contributing.
Life can only kill you once.
Impervious
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada4222 Posts
April 25 2011 14:19 GMT
#176
Are we voting in this thread, or another thread yet to be created?
~ \(ˌ)im-ˈpər-vē-əs\ : not capable of being damaged or harmed.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 25 2011 14:28 GMT
#177
My 3 would be
tnkted

Tackster

GMarshall

My messages to all 3 would be from shared game experiences

tnkted would be a simple one My beloved. He would know exactly who sent it.

Tackster would be just as easy. You're easiest. He also would know who it was from.

GMarshall would be a bit more difficult but it would refer to LSB's Clues and Puzzles game where we were both scum together and LSBs first clus was basically Jackal is scum. I'd have to think about how I wrote it but it would allude to that.

All of these are fun and all but basically what I'm seeing from all of these is the CL can reveal himself to cell members one at a time. Does nothing for each cell member to id each other.
For that to happen something has to be left in the thread.

Life can only kill you once.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
April 25 2011 15:08 GMT
#178
Also I suppose its time I started generating discussion.

##Unvote
##Vote: Mr.Wiggles


do you know why I'm voting for you Mr.Wiggles?
Moderator
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
April 25 2011 15:10 GMT
#179
it wouldn't matter who I sent my 3 to, I'd just have to write: "Twinkle Twinkle Little Scum 3rd" and they'd know who I am.

Technically, theres no reason that scum needs to know who their buddies are if they know who the CL is. The CL can use them like a conductor, posting a scumlist or an analysis that triggers the agents to pick a certain person, perhaps the person third in the list or something (ie the 3rd from above). So I'll be watching scumlists to see if anybody dies from that.

IMO, the cell leader is going to be posting with the best of us this game. He's got to blend in more than anyone, and since he's godfather he's immune to checks. I'm guessing that the first time the DTs 'insufficently' checks a vig and the vig is lynched, we're going to be a lot less likely to lynch on results from DTs.
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
April 25 2011 15:11 GMT
#180
On April 25 2011 23:28 Jackal58 wrote:
My 3 would be
tnkted

Tackster

GMarshall

My messages to all 3 would be from shared game experiences

tnkted would be a simple one My beloved. He would know exactly who sent it.

Tackster would be just as easy. You're easiest. He also would know who it was from.

GMarshall would be a bit more difficult but it would refer to LSB's Clues and Puzzles game where we were both scum together and LSBs first clus was basically Jackal is scum. I'd have to think about how I wrote it but it would allude to that.

All of these are fun and all but basically what I'm seeing from all of these is the CL can reveal himself to cell members one at a time. Does nothing for each cell member to id each other.
For that to happen something has to be left in the thread.



OFFTOPIC:
LOL. dude, i was searching for that post in insane 2 and i couldn't find it, you don't happen to remember what page it was on do you?
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 46 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1935
RotterdaM920
TaKeTV 359
IndyStarCraft 200
SteadfastSC95
ZombieGrub59
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1935
RotterdaM 920
ByuN 331
IndyStarCraft 200
MaxPax 181
RuFF_SC2 128
SteadfastSC 95
UpATreeSC 65
ZombieGrub59
MindelVK 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3009
Shuttle 599
Dewaltoss 94
910 76
Zeus 73
Mind 69
ToSsGirL 25
Bale 16
Dota 2
qojqva3558
Counter-Strike
fl0m6009
pashabiceps1278
Fnx 670
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4282
Liquid`Hasu407
Other Games
singsing2015
Beastyqt767
ceh9471
mouzStarbuck348
C9.Mang0151
ToD51
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV225
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 155
• StrangeGG 45
• Reevou 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 17
• Eskiya23 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV517
Other Games
• imaqtpie774
• Shiphtur317
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
4h 5m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 5m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
16h 5m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Patches Events
1d 21h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.