• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:26
CEST 13:26
KST 20:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8446 users

Sleeper Cell Mafia - Page 11

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 46 Next All
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
April 25 2011 17:39 GMT
#201
It is possible for scum to kill scum at night.
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 25 2011 17:45 GMT
#202
On April 26 2011 02:39 iGrok wrote:
It is possible for scum to kill scum at night.

That just makes me believe scum are going to hunker down and hide for a day or two.
Life can only kill you once.
Vain
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Netherlands1115 Posts
April 25 2011 18:13 GMT
#203
On April 26 2011 02:16 GMarshal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2011 02:13 Zorkmid wrote:
On April 26 2011 00:51 Ace wrote:
That will become clear soon, I'm just waiting for more lists.

Rean, why, Kenpachi, Zorkmid, Vain, darmousseh, and GGQ still have to post their lists.


Ok, read through the whole thread, no idea what list it is that I have to post...


Imagine for a second you are the cell leader, who would you message and what would you tell them in that message? Pick 3 people ( assume in this imaginary world that anyone you choose to message is automatically a member of the mafia) .

I think I can guess as to why Ace wants this, but we'll see, just play along with and post it.


Ok, my list would be Ace, tnkted, GMarshal. Why? Because i've all seen this names before one way or another in the mafia forums. They have some experience playing it so if i give out the information to them would be the best choice. The post would be something like: Mafia codeword:very. Even pages

The codeword could be something else i guess. but it boils down to that.
Battle.net 2.0 is a waiter and he's a dick
why
Profile Joined May 2009
United States215 Posts
April 25 2011 18:33 GMT
#204
a) Although I don't like the way he posted it, I generally agree with Rean that the discussion so far has centered on setup analysis and not much scum analysis. I read through it and was surprised by how cordial everyone seemed. There just aren't any FoS's being thrown around yet, which is how stuff usually gets done.

At this point my best FoS is Jackal58. It seems really weird to me that everyone jumped on sandroba when he said that he had a way to communicate all the sleeper agent names via the 20 character message but wouldn't tell everyone. If he was scum, he would have jumped on the chance to reveal the strategy in the hopes that the scum leader would use the idea. Not giving up the idea is a null tell at worst. Since Jackal was the most vocal about sandroba giving up the information (and even going so far as to lightly FoS sandroba over the matter), I'm voting him.

##Vote: Jackal58

b) Depending on the exact meaning of

On April 08 2011 14:51 iGrok wrote:
Cute attempts to get around the "No Names" rule or the word/char limit will result in the message being "lost".


scum may be able to identify their entire team (or the majority) in one message that doesn't rely on the thread. I see no reason to give specifics, as that will only help mafia, but it should be kept in mind that a new sleeper agent MAY know the entire team each PM cycle. That said, we should definitely be on the lookout for repeated phrases, although the godfather would have to be dumb to make them easily detectable.

c) If I was godfather, I'd send messages to Ace, Wiggles, and GGQ. These are just people I think are particularly good at playing the game. My message would depend on exactly what the restrictions on naming names is. If too restrictive, I'd probably tell them to do something specific in their posts.
Tackster
Profile Joined February 2011
Ireland429 Posts
April 25 2011 18:42 GMT
#205
Hey guys - sorry i'm so late I didn't even realise I was in this until recently.

I quickly caught up - posting clues as to what you would message your mafia buddies? Really? Who thought that was a good idea?

Is it not terribly obvious that any halfway decent mafia would create a breadcrumbing strategy that totally avoids suspicion? Thinking we can catch it is unlikely and not useful. Behavioral analysis is all that is gonna help us here.

Tnkted I really need some kind of info as to why you did what you did earlier today? I'm reading it either as a green who didnt want to die so claimed a PR or a red with the amazing tactic of 'if i'm a REALLY obvious mafia no one will vote me...'

Anywho I feel I have very little to go on right now. Others who have yet to post I hope do so. I will be more active from now on!

As a last act:
##Vote Jackal58
This is not due to any hunting or anything - i just thought i'd mindlessly tunnel him until i have something better to do
Tackster: Can you give me a synonym of flammable? Deconduo: Inflammable...
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 25 2011 18:43 GMT
#206
On April 26 2011 03:33 why wrote:
a) Although I don't like the way he posted it, I generally agree with Rean that the discussion so far has centered on setup analysis and not much scum analysis. I read through it and was surprised by how cordial everyone seemed. There just aren't any FoS's being thrown around yet, which is how stuff usually gets done.

At this point my best FoS is Jackal58. It seems really weird to me that everyone jumped on sandroba when he said that he had a way to communicate all the sleeper agent names via the 20 character message but wouldn't tell everyone. If he was scum, he would have jumped on the chance to reveal the strategy in the hopes that the scum leader would use the idea. Not giving up the idea is a null tell at worst. Since Jackal was the most vocal about sandroba giving up the information (and even going so far as to lightly FoS sandroba over the matter), I'm voting him.

##Vote: Jackal58

b) Depending on the exact meaning of

Show nested quote +
On April 08 2011 14:51 iGrok wrote:
Cute attempts to get around the "No Names" rule or the word/char limit will result in the message being "lost".


scum may be able to identify their entire team (or the majority) in one message that doesn't rely on the thread. I see no reason to give specifics, as that will only help mafia, but it should be kept in mind that a new sleeper agent MAY know the entire team each PM cycle. That said, we should definitely be on the lookout for repeated phrases, although the godfather would have to be dumb to make them easily detectable.

c) If I was godfather, I'd send messages to Ace, Wiggles, and GGQ. These are just people I think are particularly good at playing the game. My message would depend on exactly what the restrictions on naming names is. If too restrictive, I'd probably tell them to do something specific in their posts.

My entire point to him was if you don't want to discuss it don't bring it up. And I'm always "vocal"

Glad you could join us.
Life can only kill you once.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
April 25 2011 18:45 GMT
#207
If sandroba is the Cell Leader though then he also doesn't have to tell anyone either

Discussion has centered on the setup but a few of us are trying to push some agendas here. There is much more going on here than you think. Once everyone finishes posting their lists I'll explain why I asked for them.

Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
why
Profile Joined May 2009
United States215 Posts
April 25 2011 18:58 GMT
#208
On April 26 2011 03:43 Jackal58 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2011 03:33 why wrote:
a) Although I don't like the way he posted it, I generally agree with Rean that the discussion so far has centered on setup analysis and not much scum analysis. I read through it and was surprised by how cordial everyone seemed. There just aren't any FoS's being thrown around yet, which is how stuff usually gets done.

At this point my best FoS is Jackal58. It seems really weird to me that everyone jumped on sandroba when he said that he had a way to communicate all the sleeper agent names via the 20 character message but wouldn't tell everyone. If he was scum, he would have jumped on the chance to reveal the strategy in the hopes that the scum leader would use the idea. Not giving up the idea is a null tell at worst. Since Jackal was the most vocal about sandroba giving up the information (and even going so far as to lightly FoS sandroba over the matter), I'm voting him.

##Vote: Jackal58

b) Depending on the exact meaning of

On April 08 2011 14:51 iGrok wrote:
Cute attempts to get around the "No Names" rule or the word/char limit will result in the message being "lost".


scum may be able to identify their entire team (or the majority) in one message that doesn't rely on the thread. I see no reason to give specifics, as that will only help mafia, but it should be kept in mind that a new sleeper agent MAY know the entire team each PM cycle. That said, we should definitely be on the lookout for repeated phrases, although the godfather would have to be dumb to make them easily detectable.

c) If I was godfather, I'd send messages to Ace, Wiggles, and GGQ. These are just people I think are particularly good at playing the game. My message would depend on exactly what the restrictions on naming names is. If too restrictive, I'd probably tell them to do something specific in their posts.

My entire point to him was if you don't want to discuss it don't bring it up. And I'm always "vocal"

Glad you could join us.


What sandroba did made perfect sense as town (and, yes, as cell leader). If it doesn't involve the thread then there is no reason for him to post specifics. However, it is still useful to say that there is a method he can think of that will inform the PM'ed scum of the entire list. The possibility he brought up, not the method, is the important part.

And Ace, I'm excited to see what you've been up to...
Zorkmid
Profile Joined November 2008
4410 Posts
April 25 2011 19:57 GMT
#209
On April 25 2011 22:30 Ace wrote:
Look at the player list. Let's pretend you were the Cell Leader for a second. What 3 players on the list would you send a message to and what would it be? (assume everyone is Scum for a second so you can just pick anyone)


I'm not really sure what the point is of picking three players or even telling you what my strategy as a cell leader would be...but let's play the game!

1. Ace - Make friends of Violence, Joy

2. Jackal58- Make friends of Violence, Avarice

3. Vain- Make friends of Avarice, Joy

Basically something to try and inform the agents of who their pals are. I'm not sure if my example messages would be "lost" or not.

The more I think about it though, the only reason to inform red agents of who the other red agents are would be so that they aren't nominated, in fact knowledge of all reds may even be more easily detectable by town. I think that the odds of ALL red agents being nominated in any given night is pretty damned small.

I guess that another strategy the CL could use would be to send out suggestions on lynch voting one by one, night by night in an attempt to lynch greens and reds.

I guess that these are the things that I'm going to be looking out for, in addition to breadcrumbing.

Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 25 2011 19:57 GMT
#210
On April 26 2011 03:58 why wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2011 03:43 Jackal58 wrote:
On April 26 2011 03:33 why wrote:
a) Although I don't like the way he posted it, I generally agree with Rean that the discussion so far has centered on setup analysis and not much scum analysis. I read through it and was surprised by how cordial everyone seemed. There just aren't any FoS's being thrown around yet, which is how stuff usually gets done.

At this point my best FoS is Jackal58. It seems really weird to me that everyone jumped on sandroba when he said that he had a way to communicate all the sleeper agent names via the 20 character message but wouldn't tell everyone. If he was scum, he would have jumped on the chance to reveal the strategy in the hopes that the scum leader would use the idea. Not giving up the idea is a null tell at worst. Since Jackal was the most vocal about sandroba giving up the information (and even going so far as to lightly FoS sandroba over the matter), I'm voting him.

##Vote: Jackal58

b) Depending on the exact meaning of

On April 08 2011 14:51 iGrok wrote:
Cute attempts to get around the "No Names" rule or the word/char limit will result in the message being "lost".


scum may be able to identify their entire team (or the majority) in one message that doesn't rely on the thread. I see no reason to give specifics, as that will only help mafia, but it should be kept in mind that a new sleeper agent MAY know the entire team each PM cycle. That said, we should definitely be on the lookout for repeated phrases, although the godfather would have to be dumb to make them easily detectable.

c) If I was godfather, I'd send messages to Ace, Wiggles, and GGQ. These are just people I think are particularly good at playing the game. My message would depend on exactly what the restrictions on naming names is. If too restrictive, I'd probably tell them to do something specific in their posts.

My entire point to him was if you don't want to discuss it don't bring it up. And I'm always "vocal"

Glad you could join us.


What sandroba did made perfect sense as town (and, yes, as cell leader). If it doesn't involve the thread then there is no reason for him to post specifics. However, it is still useful to say that there is a method he can think of that will inform the PM'ed scum of the entire list. The possibility he brought up, not the method, is the important part.

And Ace, I'm excited to see what you've been up to...

And he made no mention of not wanting to discuss it until I asked him to share. So I'm scummy because I'm not a mind reader?

Life can only kill you once.
Zorkmid
Profile Joined November 2008
4410 Posts
April 25 2011 20:02 GMT
#211
On April 26 2011 04:57 Zorkmid wrote:

I guess that another strategy the CL could use would be to send out suggestions on lynch voting one by one, night by night in an attempt to lynch greens and reds.



EBWOP: I guess that another strategy the CL could use would be to send out suggestions on lynch voting one by one, night by night in an attempt to lynch greens and BLUES.
why
Profile Joined May 2009
United States215 Posts
April 25 2011 20:27 GMT
#212
On April 26 2011 04:57 Jackal58 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2011 03:58 why wrote:
On April 26 2011 03:43 Jackal58 wrote:
On April 26 2011 03:33 why wrote:
a) Although I don't like the way he posted it, I generally agree with Rean that the discussion so far has centered on setup analysis and not much scum analysis. I read through it and was surprised by how cordial everyone seemed. There just aren't any FoS's being thrown around yet, which is how stuff usually gets done.

At this point my best FoS is Jackal58. It seems really weird to me that everyone jumped on sandroba when he said that he had a way to communicate all the sleeper agent names via the 20 character message but wouldn't tell everyone. If he was scum, he would have jumped on the chance to reveal the strategy in the hopes that the scum leader would use the idea. Not giving up the idea is a null tell at worst. Since Jackal was the most vocal about sandroba giving up the information (and even going so far as to lightly FoS sandroba over the matter), I'm voting him.

##Vote: Jackal58

b) Depending on the exact meaning of

On April 08 2011 14:51 iGrok wrote:
Cute attempts to get around the "No Names" rule or the word/char limit will result in the message being "lost".


scum may be able to identify their entire team (or the majority) in one message that doesn't rely on the thread. I see no reason to give specifics, as that will only help mafia, but it should be kept in mind that a new sleeper agent MAY know the entire team each PM cycle. That said, we should definitely be on the lookout for repeated phrases, although the godfather would have to be dumb to make them easily detectable.

c) If I was godfather, I'd send messages to Ace, Wiggles, and GGQ. These are just people I think are particularly good at playing the game. My message would depend on exactly what the restrictions on naming names is. If too restrictive, I'd probably tell them to do something specific in their posts.

My entire point to him was if you don't want to discuss it don't bring it up. And I'm always "vocal"

Glad you could join us.


What sandroba did made perfect sense as town (and, yes, as cell leader). If it doesn't involve the thread then there is no reason for him to post specifics. However, it is still useful to say that there is a method he can think of that will inform the PM'ed scum of the entire list. The possibility he brought up, not the method, is the important part.

And Ace, I'm excited to see what you've been up to...

And he made no mention of not wanting to discuss it until I asked him to share. So I'm scummy because I'm not a mind reader?



Jackal, this is the post I am referring to:

On April 25 2011 23:14 Jackal58 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 25 2011 22:58 sandroba wrote:
On April 25 2011 22:54 Ace wrote:
On April 25 2011 22:46 sandroba wrote:
Ace, I trust your analysis and think you are a smart player, but I don't like the idea of feeding ideas to the cell leader. I don't see how this can be helpful for town as I can think of other methods of comunicating with the sleeper agents that do not involve using the posts in this thread.


Well you can keep those methods to yourself since you don't seem intent on sharing. What I'm doing here is something else. Guess you'll just have to read into it a bit more.

I'm going to post my three people without the msg then.
Ace, GM, Mr. Wiggles.
I would inform them of all other mafia players so they can operate normally without the fear of mislynching one of the other agents.

Well thanks for that. And how would you transmit this information? You said you can do so without posting anything in the thread. I'm curious how that mechanic would work. You can't send names. You can only contact 1 at a time. You have 5 words or 20 characters/msg.
Please don't answer that. God forbid the cell leader gets his hands on super secret stealth communications abilities.
Please stop posting pointless "I would do something but I'm not telling you what it is" posts.
This thread is for discussion. If you don't feel you can discuss something don't mention it. You're beginning to look a lot like somebody that wants to post a lot of useless stuff just to appear to be contributing.


At this point sandroba has already laid out why he wouldn't want to say anything. You FoS him for it. This is anti-town, since you are FoSing someone for hiding something that only a scum would want/need to know about. You are the one prolonging discussion about something that shouldn't require further discussion.

Zorkmid
Profile Joined November 2008
4410 Posts
April 25 2011 20:31 GMT
#213
On April 26 2011 05:27 why wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2011 04:57 Jackal58 wrote:
On April 26 2011 03:58 why wrote:
On April 26 2011 03:43 Jackal58 wrote:
On April 26 2011 03:33 why wrote:
a) Although I don't like the way he posted it, I generally agree with Rean that the discussion so far has centered on setup analysis and not much scum analysis. I read through it and was surprised by how cordial everyone seemed. There just aren't any FoS's being thrown around yet, which is how stuff usually gets done.

At this point my best FoS is Jackal58. It seems really weird to me that everyone jumped on sandroba when he said that he had a way to communicate all the sleeper agent names via the 20 character message but wouldn't tell everyone. If he was scum, he would have jumped on the chance to reveal the strategy in the hopes that the scum leader would use the idea. Not giving up the idea is a null tell at worst. Since Jackal was the most vocal about sandroba giving up the information (and even going so far as to lightly FoS sandroba over the matter), I'm voting him.

##Vote: Jackal58

b) Depending on the exact meaning of

On April 08 2011 14:51 iGrok wrote:
Cute attempts to get around the "No Names" rule or the word/char limit will result in the message being "lost".


scum may be able to identify their entire team (or the majority) in one message that doesn't rely on the thread. I see no reason to give specifics, as that will only help mafia, but it should be kept in mind that a new sleeper agent MAY know the entire team each PM cycle. That said, we should definitely be on the lookout for repeated phrases, although the godfather would have to be dumb to make them easily detectable.

c) If I was godfather, I'd send messages to Ace, Wiggles, and GGQ. These are just people I think are particularly good at playing the game. My message would depend on exactly what the restrictions on naming names is. If too restrictive, I'd probably tell them to do something specific in their posts.

My entire point to him was if you don't want to discuss it don't bring it up. And I'm always "vocal"

Glad you could join us.


What sandroba did made perfect sense as town (and, yes, as cell leader). If it doesn't involve the thread then there is no reason for him to post specifics. However, it is still useful to say that there is a method he can think of that will inform the PM'ed scum of the entire list. The possibility he brought up, not the method, is the important part.

And Ace, I'm excited to see what you've been up to...

And he made no mention of not wanting to discuss it until I asked him to share. So I'm scummy because I'm not a mind reader?



Jackal, this is the post I am referring to:

Show nested quote +
On April 25 2011 23:14 Jackal58 wrote:
On April 25 2011 22:58 sandroba wrote:
On April 25 2011 22:54 Ace wrote:
On April 25 2011 22:46 sandroba wrote:
Ace, I trust your analysis and think you are a smart player, but I don't like the idea of feeding ideas to the cell leader. I don't see how this can be helpful for town as I can think of other methods of comunicating with the sleeper agents that do not involve using the posts in this thread.


Well you can keep those methods to yourself since you don't seem intent on sharing. What I'm doing here is something else. Guess you'll just have to read into it a bit more.

I'm going to post my three people without the msg then.
Ace, GM, Mr. Wiggles.
I would inform them of all other mafia players so they can operate normally without the fear of mislynching one of the other agents.

Well thanks for that. And how would you transmit this information? You said you can do so without posting anything in the thread. I'm curious how that mechanic would work. You can't send names. You can only contact 1 at a time. You have 5 words or 20 characters/msg.
Please don't answer that. God forbid the cell leader gets his hands on super secret stealth communications abilities.
Please stop posting pointless "I would do something but I'm not telling you what it is" posts.
This thread is for discussion. If you don't feel you can discuss something don't mention it. You're beginning to look a lot like somebody that wants to post a lot of useless stuff just to appear to be contributing.


At this point sandroba has already laid out why he wouldn't want to say anything. You FoS him for it. This is anti-town, since you are FoSing someone for hiding something that only a scum would want/need to know about. You are the one prolonging discussion about something that shouldn't require further discussion.



I don't really fervently disagree with FoSing him for it, I made my post which technically reveals things that agents and cell leader can do, but I did so after thinking about it for 5 minutes. I think that Sandroba is acting at least as anti-town as Jackal58 for failing to point out situation for the town to be vigilant of.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
April 25 2011 20:36 GMT
#214
God dammit, I figured out what sand was getting at. He is right, it can be done, the whole mafia team can be informed of who the other members are, in my method they won't find out who the GF is but they *will* know who the entire team is. I *think* its doable in five words too, assuming the team consists of five members or less.

Assume that by night 3 the whole mafia team will be aware of the other members are.

Time to work on lynching people I guess. Mr.Wiggles, have you figured out why my vote is on you yet?
Moderator
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
April 25 2011 20:42 GMT
#215
On April 26 2011 05:27 why wrote:

At this point sandroba has already laid out why he wouldn't want to say anything. You FoS him for it. This is anti-town, since you are FoSing someone for hiding something that only a scum would want/need to know about. You are the one prolonging discussion about something that shouldn't require further discussion.



That's not anti-town. Whether or not sandroba is correct in sharing his information and whether anyone believes what he is hiding is beneficial to the town, Jackal laying a FoS on him for that isn't anti-town.

anti-town is doing something that hampers the goal of killing scum. This isn't such an incident and it is a relevant discussion.

Add it up to your suspicion points and keep letting him dig a hole for himself if you think he's so anti-town.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Zorkmid
Profile Joined November 2008
4410 Posts
April 25 2011 20:47 GMT
#216
##VOTE Mr. Wiggles

I'm interested in your answer to GM's question.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 25 2011 20:57 GMT
#217
On April 26 2011 05:27 why wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2011 04:57 Jackal58 wrote:
On April 26 2011 03:58 why wrote:
On April 26 2011 03:43 Jackal58 wrote:
On April 26 2011 03:33 why wrote:
a) Although I don't like the way he posted it, I generally agree with Rean that the discussion so far has centered on setup analysis and not much scum analysis. I read through it and was surprised by how cordial everyone seemed. There just aren't any FoS's being thrown around yet, which is how stuff usually gets done.

At this point my best FoS is Jackal58. It seems really weird to me that everyone jumped on sandroba when he said that he had a way to communicate all the sleeper agent names via the 20 character message but wouldn't tell everyone. If he was scum, he would have jumped on the chance to reveal the strategy in the hopes that the scum leader would use the idea. Not giving up the idea is a null tell at worst. Since Jackal was the most vocal about sandroba giving up the information (and even going so far as to lightly FoS sandroba over the matter), I'm voting him.

##Vote: Jackal58

b) Depending on the exact meaning of

On April 08 2011 14:51 iGrok wrote:
Cute attempts to get around the "No Names" rule or the word/char limit will result in the message being "lost".


scum may be able to identify their entire team (or the majority) in one message that doesn't rely on the thread. I see no reason to give specifics, as that will only help mafia, but it should be kept in mind that a new sleeper agent MAY know the entire team each PM cycle. That said, we should definitely be on the lookout for repeated phrases, although the godfather would have to be dumb to make them easily detectable.

c) If I was godfather, I'd send messages to Ace, Wiggles, and GGQ. These are just people I think are particularly good at playing the game. My message would depend on exactly what the restrictions on naming names is. If too restrictive, I'd probably tell them to do something specific in their posts.

My entire point to him was if you don't want to discuss it don't bring it up. And I'm always "vocal"

Glad you could join us.


What sandroba did made perfect sense as town (and, yes, as cell leader). If it doesn't involve the thread then there is no reason for him to post specifics. However, it is still useful to say that there is a method he can think of that will inform the PM'ed scum of the entire list. The possibility he brought up, not the method, is the important part.

And Ace, I'm excited to see what you've been up to...

And he made no mention of not wanting to discuss it until I asked him to share. So I'm scummy because I'm not a mind reader?



Jackal, this is the post I am referring to:

Show nested quote +
On April 25 2011 23:14 Jackal58 wrote:
On April 25 2011 22:58 sandroba wrote:
On April 25 2011 22:54 Ace wrote:
On April 25 2011 22:46 sandroba wrote:
Ace, I trust your analysis and think you are a smart player, but I don't like the idea of feeding ideas to the cell leader. I don't see how this can be helpful for town as I can think of other methods of comunicating with the sleeper agents that do not involve using the posts in this thread.


Well you can keep those methods to yourself since you don't seem intent on sharing. What I'm doing here is something else. Guess you'll just have to read into it a bit more.

I'm going to post my three people without the msg then.
Ace, GM, Mr. Wiggles.
I would inform them of all other mafia players so they can operate normally without the fear of mislynching one of the other agents.

Well thanks for that. And how would you transmit this information? You said you can do so without posting anything in the thread. I'm curious how that mechanic would work. You can't send names. You can only contact 1 at a time. You have 5 words or 20 characters/msg.
Please don't answer that. God forbid the cell leader gets his hands on super secret stealth communications abilities.
Please stop posting pointless "I would do something but I'm not telling you what it is" posts.
This thread is for discussion. If you don't feel you can discuss something don't mention it. You're beginning to look a lot like somebody that wants to post a lot of useless stuff just to appear to be contributing.


At this point sandroba has already laid out why he wouldn't want to say anything. You FoS him for it. This is anti-town, since you are FoSing someone for hiding something that only a scum would want/need to know about. You are the one prolonging discussion about something that shouldn't require further discussion.


I was merely asking him to refrain from making posts that he did not feel he was able to discuss.
Much like tnkted's semi claim last night. If you can't discuss it don't allude to it. If you have to put forth something and need to hold back some details fine. At least explain that in your original post. But don't say I know all the answers but I'm not telling.
Life can only kill you once.
Tackster
Profile Joined February 2011
Ireland429 Posts
April 25 2011 20:59 GMT
#218
On April 26 2011 05:36 GMarshal wrote:
God dammit, I figured out what sand was getting at. He is right, it can be done, the whole mafia team can be informed of who the other members are, in my method they won't find out who the GF is but they *will* know who the entire team is. I *think* its doable in five words too, assuming the team consists of five members or less.

Assume that by night 3 the whole mafia team will be aware of the other members are.

Time to work on lynching people I guess. Mr.Wiggles, have you figured out why my vote is on you yet?


How does revealing this help town?
Tackster: Can you give me a synonym of flammable? Deconduo: Inflammable...
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
April 25 2011 21:05 GMT
#219
On April 26 2011 05:59 Tackster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2011 05:36 GMarshal wrote:
God dammit, I figured out what sand was getting at. He is right, it can be done, the whole mafia team can be informed of who the other members are, in my method they won't find out who the GF is but they *will* know who the entire team is. I *think* its doable in five words too, assuming the team consists of five members or less.

Assume that by night 3 the whole mafia team will be aware of the other members are.

Time to work on lynching people I guess. Mr.Wiggles, have you figured out why my vote is on you yet?


How does revealing this help town?


We now know we have to work on the assumption that the mafia will have all their names by day 3.
I think thats a pretty relevant piece of knowledge for us to have, no?
Moderator
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 25 2011 21:10 GMT
#220
On April 26 2011 06:05 GMarshal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2011 05:59 Tackster wrote:
On April 26 2011 05:36 GMarshal wrote:
God dammit, I figured out what sand was getting at. He is right, it can be done, the whole mafia team can be informed of who the other members are, in my method they won't find out who the GF is but they *will* know who the entire team is. I *think* its doable in five words too, assuming the team consists of five members or less.

Assume that by night 3 the whole mafia team will be aware of the other members are.

Time to work on lynching people I guess. Mr.Wiggles, have you figured out why my vote is on you yet?


How does revealing this help town?


We now know we have to work on the assumption that the mafia will have all their names by day 3.
I think thats a pretty relevant piece of knowledge for us to have, no?

It is very relevant. If it is indeed possible the biggest scum tells I think we'll see is a change in posting frequencies. I would suggest every body keep track of how many posts per day each player is making. If there is a marked increase by some of them after 2 or 3 days it is very likely they are scum.
Life can only kill you once.
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 46 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 921
WardiTV349
OGKoka 90
Liquipedia
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 12089
StarCastTV_EN333
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko332
OGKoka 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 13981
Bisu 5158
FanTaSy 3897
Jaedong 1469
Shuttle 1068
BeSt 1016
actioN 702
EffOrt 597
Horang2 514
Larva 301
[ Show more ]
Leta 294
Zeus 240
Dewaltoss 121
Barracks 114
Mind 99
Sexy 86
JYJ 78
scan(afreeca) 73
Mong 72
sorry 67
ToSsGirL 57
Shinee 44
sSak 42
Killer 41
Aegong 30
Free 30
Bale 29
soO 24
HiyA 14
Sacsri 11
yabsab 8
Dota 2
XaKoH 353
Dendi283
Counter-Strike
x6flipin209
Other Games
singsing2246
olofmeister1315
B2W.Neo346
crisheroes303
Pyrionflax219
dupreeh124
Livibee112
KnowMe83
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick623
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 203
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1281
Other Games
• WagamamaTV205
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 34m
Replay Cast
11h 34m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 34m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
23h 34m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC S3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.