• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:03
CEST 07:03
KST 14:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7748 users

[Champion] Gangplank - Page 36

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 44 Next All
Amarok
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia2003 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-07 05:20:17
August 07 2013 05:18 GMT
#701
The thing I like (in theory) about DRing over Flask is the HP. Flask provides more regen, but GP has plenty of that in his kit anyway if he has mana. The HP (and the AP) make you more resilient against all-ins which is the only way of pushing out a GP with mana.

The thing I don't like about it is a no ward start. Do the DRing advocates here generally start with pots or a ward?

I love the Zeus build. I try to stay clear of top lane, but when I do get stuck with it GP feels almost like a failsafe. Nearly impossible to get murdered in lane with a really solid midgame power spike.
Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity
Mauzel
Profile Joined December 2009
United States421 Posts
August 07 2013 19:09 GMT
#702
Depends on the lane and our junglers.

Go ward when:
it's a lane where I have an advantage and I'm going to try to zone the guy / their jungler is a scary ganker and our jungler has less presence

Go pots when:
If it's a lane where I'm going to be zoned / the opponent is probably going to push and I'm going to be forced to farm under tower.

You don't necessarily need the regen from the pots thanks to max-W.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
August 07 2013 20:26 GMT
#703
Can you give examples for top lane noobs?
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Amarok
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia2003 Posts
August 08 2013 00:02 GMT
#704
So far the only complaint I have about the Zeusplank build is raging from people who think you're trolling.

Had a game last night where I got ganked early and fell behind a Wukong. No worries, max W and safely farm. Died once but got into midgame with my turret intact and a 15 cs deficit (but 1 kill and assist). Start to gain back lane presence once shiv and wits get built. I start pushing the lane, roam around and get a few kills in their jungle, throw ultis around the map. All of a sudden I'm 4-1-6 with a 30 CS lead over Wukong.

Then my team starts getting caught, baiting in more members and giving up objectives. Baron and an inhib go down and suddenly I get asked if I'm trolling. "WTF is that build?" All chat starts hearing about "this troll gp." Team chat starts hearing "You're not a diamond korean bro!"

In the end we get a teamfight right. I bait their initiation onto me and charge into the backlines, killing their AP carry and zoning their jungler and AD carry singlehandedly. I die, but my team cleans up the fight and rushes the nexus.

The 15-9-6 Jayce (who started the rot by getting caught twice) picked up a triple kill, and proudly proclaims how he "carried" this troll 8-4-14 GP.
Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity
Mauzel
Profile Joined December 2009
United States421 Posts
August 08 2013 01:15 GMT
#705
Wouldn't call myself an expert but based on my experience

Difficult lanes: Renekton, Jax, Wukong, Darius, Riven

Meh Lanes: Kennen, Elise, Kennen

Easy lanes (1-6 at least): Singed, Nidalee, Udyr, Rice farmers (cho, shen, vlad, etc.)

Difficult -> defintely get pots
Meh -> depends on junglers
Easy lanes -> probably get wards. depends on opponent jungler
Complete
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1864 Posts
August 08 2013 01:50 GMT
#706
does oranges remove darius passive stacks?
RouaF
Profile Joined October 2010
France4121 Posts
August 08 2013 07:29 GMT
#707
Pretty sure it doesn't.
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-08 08:06:38
August 08 2013 08:06 GMT
#708
On August 08 2013 10:50 Complete wrote:
does oranges remove darius passive stacks?

oranges only removes cc
it's like cleanse except it also works on suppressions
DrunkenOne
Profile Joined August 2012
United States302 Posts
August 15 2013 17:56 GMT
#709
Ran koreaplank mid against a kha6 (people still play him mid?). Koreaplank #1. GP mid isn't half bad, you actually have decent roaming capability with e passive/active, waveclear fast with shiv, and can setup ganks bot by ulting while your bot engages and then you show up to finish them off.
Yarr?
Nick!
Profile Joined March 2011
Scotland701 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-15 20:06:00
August 15 2013 19:57 GMT
#710
Or you can start Flask/Pot/Ward and laugh at the amount of healing you churn out (Max W in almost every situation)

In regards to the ''Zeus'' start that is, Gp is probably one of the best champions to have a flask
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
August 16 2013 10:02 GMT
#711
The mapwide CC on ult is so strong. The slow is everywhere in the target area, not just places hit by the cannonballs which miss always unless they're full HP then they do 1k damage and kill.

RNG is pretty hilarious but a slow anywhere on the map is really strong.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
DrunkenOne
Profile Joined August 2012
United States302 Posts
August 22 2013 13:56 GMT
#712
with the price decrease on phage/triforce and the sheen proc buff on triforce, might it be a better 2nd item after shiv if the enemy isn't stacking armor?
Yarr?
JSH
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4109 Posts
August 22 2013 14:54 GMT
#713
I feel Trinity after Shiv would only work if you win your lane really really hard, so you can still farm massive amounts of gold to get those defensive items as soon as possible before teamfights start
Shiv+Trinity, while you do good damage, you are still very squishy

I think new phage (haven't tested myself) can be good if you are ahead against certain champs that you really need to stick on to
Although even with the changes, I feel IBG would be a better choice than trinity if you are against ad top

Still giants belt after shiv seems more safe and stable choice
Once you get your shiv+giants belt+wits end put together, you'll beat anyone top lane as long as you are pretty even
"It's called a miracle because it doesn't happen" - Just like my chances of reaching C- on ICCUP
Amarok
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia2003 Posts
August 22 2013 23:35 GMT
#714
I like Kindlegem after Wits/Shiv, particularly if I need MR. It builds into SV which is OP generally, but also synergises well with GP. I'll sometimes get it before Shiv if I'm against a primarily magic based champ. Boots1, Wits, SV makes it impossible for a magic champ to bully you out.

I still feel like in most matchups if you don't get ahead early, you need to counterbuild defensively before you can finish your shiv/wits core. There's just too long of a period (levels 3-8) where you can be bullied off CS hard and fall behind. I've had the most problems with tanky champs who can outtrade you then sustain through any damage you do pre on-hit item(s).

I had a Shen who absolutely murdered me yesterday. I maintained relevance but I couldn't stop him becoming a monster, flying around the map snowballing the rest of the match. He had some jungle help (and I didn't) but once he got a few tanky items he wasn't concerned with my damage in the slightest.
Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
August 23 2013 00:25 GMT
#715
stxz really countered me hard with nidalee last night but I think that was more due to my inexperience than the matchup being horrible

though sheen rush nidalee is just really hard to play against. Those auto + transform + cougar Q with sheen proc wtf.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
chinstrap
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom253 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-23 16:04:00
August 23 2013 15:54 GMT
#716
Well I gave this Korean Zeus GP build a try.

I like. I like a lot.

I was somewhat pessimistic when I was sat on boots, shiv and a giants belt wondering what wits would really do to help. The dmg spike was WAY bigger than i expected. Also the orange baits can be so hilarious. TF ults in to dive turret when you are on 50% hp? Good fucking luck TF

Edit: So I am clearly inexperienced with this build. Do people play it mainly top or mid? Any matchups I should specifically avoid? I imagine its is still a risky early pick.
KissBlade
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States5718 Posts
August 23 2013 16:05 GMT
#717
It's played top.
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
August 23 2013 23:42 GMT
#718
On August 24 2013 00:54 chinstrap wrote:
Well I gave this Korean Zeus GP build a try.

I like. I like a lot.

I was somewhat pessimistic when I was sat on boots, shiv and a giants belt wondering what wits would really do to help. The dmg spike was WAY bigger than i expected. Also the orange baits can be so hilarious. TF ults in to dive turret when you are on 50% hp? Good fucking luck TF

Edit: So I am clearly inexperienced with this build. Do people play it mainly top or mid? Any matchups I should specifically avoid? I imagine its is still a risky early pick.


One of the points of it is that it's a very safe pick that is harder to counter than most top picks.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
Complete
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1864 Posts
August 23 2013 23:50 GMT
#719
depends on your definition of safe...I guess there isn't really (m)any matchups you'll get slaughtered in as long as you know not to play aggressively as GP is a very strong passive farmer, but there's certainly a lot of match ups you can't do anything but farm passively and ult other lanes...
DrunkenOne
Profile Joined August 2012
United States302 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-29 15:31:47
August 29 2013 15:28 GMT
#720
Remember when GP = automatic opponent starts with cloth? Yeah. No one gives GP any respect anymore. Just went vs a gold 1 irelia, im silver 1 on this account so idk if she thought she could straight up crush me in lane or what. Anyways she goes 21/9 masteries and starts with red elixir/1 pot/ward and teleport. She tried to all in me at lvl 2 and died even with red elixir en route to me snowballing and carrying. Good job good effort.

GP = Rodney Dangerfield

More on topic, I'm still taking iceborne over triforce, even after the triforce buff. Rushing an early shroud is great vs a lot of ad lanes which makes the build path for gauntlet much more attractive. You can sit on the shroud while you get shiv/wits and only build it into gauntlet later. I guess vs double/triple ap a triforce might make more sense since the armor on the gauntlet isn't as necessary early.
Yarr?
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 44 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft286
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft685
PiGStarcraft286
RuFF_SC2 168
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 306
Stork 200
Leta 122
PianO 84
Hyuk 33
ggaemo 23
Bale 16
Icarus 8
yabsab 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm199
League of Legends
JimRising 692
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox726
Westballz34
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor599
Other Games
summit1g8799
Coldzera 820
C9.Mang0280
Sick118
ViBE81
ArmadaUGS32
Liquid`Ken9
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick774
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream124
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 92
• Letter147
• Adnapsc2 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2149
League of Legends
• Lourlo1184
• Stunt381
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
4h 57m
Online Event
5h 57m
FEL
10h 57m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 57m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 57m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 6h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.