• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:01
CEST 22:01
KST 05:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8940 users

[Patch 3.15] Yasuo General Discussion - Page 44

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 224 Next
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
December 17 2013 01:40 GMT
#861
On December 17 2013 10:40 Shikyo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2013 10:37 cLutZ wrote:
On December 17 2013 10:21 Shikyo wrote:
On December 17 2013 10:17 Gahlo wrote:
On December 17 2013 10:13 Shikyo wrote:
On December 17 2013 09:47 Slusher wrote:
Well people who care about mana are already covered by codex, except mabye jayce

Mm? It's not about caring about mana, it's about making it bad for manaless.

Codex also is AP-based and doesn't even give mana or mana regen so that makes no sense.

It's just that if I want mana and cdr I need to go with glacial so I'll be going tanky, if I want to go offensive it's a deadend

Mana-nonAP is a massive shithole anyway. So few options and most of them often aren't relevant to people that want them.

Well, even so Codex and its derivates actually do not even offer mana and CDR. Let's say I want an offensive build based around Archangel with max CDR. There's nothing, not a single item.

Strange that I'm forced into going tanky with mass armor if I want to itemize like that.

Hrm, I guess it's a silly argument though I'd prefer having more options instead of just athenes every game.


http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Morellonomicon

You are joking right?

That item gives no mana.

Neither does Athenes.
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-17 01:44:41
December 17 2013 01:41 GMT
#862
On December 17 2013 10:40 Shikyo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2013 10:37 cLutZ wrote:
On December 17 2013 10:21 Shikyo wrote:
On December 17 2013 10:17 Gahlo wrote:
On December 17 2013 10:13 Shikyo wrote:
On December 17 2013 09:47 Slusher wrote:
Well people who care about mana are already covered by codex, except mabye jayce

Mm? It's not about caring about mana, it's about making it bad for manaless.

Codex also is AP-based and doesn't even give mana or mana regen so that makes no sense.

It's just that if I want mana and cdr I need to go with glacial so I'll be going tanky, if I want to go offensive it's a deadend

Mana-nonAP is a massive shithole anyway. So few options and most of them often aren't relevant to people that want them.

Well, even so Codex and its derivates actually do not even offer mana and CDR. Let's say I want an offensive build based around Archangel with max CDR. There's nothing, not a single item.

Strange that I'm forced into going tanky with mass armor if I want to itemize like that.

Hrm, I guess it's a silly argument though I'd prefer having more options instead of just athenes every game.


http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Morellonomicon

You are joking right?

That item gives no mana.


If you are pairing it with AA staff why do you want more mana? Is your plan to have a perfect item set for taking advantage of the 3% passive? I dont understand your goal. Tear + Morello is a perfectly fine alternative to Athenes in many cases.

Edit, NVM, clear troll.
Freeeeeeedom
Alzadar
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada5009 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-17 01:47:18
December 17 2013 01:43 GMT
#863
On December 17 2013 10:21 Shikyo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2013 10:17 Gahlo wrote:
On December 17 2013 10:13 Shikyo wrote:
On December 17 2013 09:47 Slusher wrote:
Well people who care about mana are already covered by codex, except mabye jayce

Mm? It's not about caring about mana, it's about making it bad for manaless.

Codex also is AP-based and doesn't even give mana or mana regen so that makes no sense.

It's just that if I want mana and cdr I need to go with glacial so I'll be going tanky, if I want to go offensive it's a deadend

Mana-nonAP is a massive shithole anyway. So few options and most of them often aren't relevant to people that want them.

Well, even so Codex and its derivates actually do not even offer mana and CDR. Let's say I want an offensive build based around Archangel with max CDR. There's nothing, not a single item.

Strange that I'm forced into going tanky with mass armor if I want to itemize like that.

Hrm, I guess it's a silly argument though I'd prefer having more options instead of just athenes every game.


Archangel, DFG, CDR Boots, 5% from Masteries, Blue elixir/buff?

With Blue buff nerf I've really started getting Blue elixir more often and much earlier. Admittedly building CDR Boots feels shitty BUT this build lets you max CDR without even building a primary CDR item, seems decent enough.

edit: Ok, by "based around Archangel" you mean "every item gives flat mana". That's just silly. Archangel is nice because it lets mana-hungry champs get a bit of damage from the mana they're forced to build, it doesn't mean you should build extraneous mana just for the Archangel passive. For 400g Sapphire you get 200 mana -> 6 AP from Archangels. If you didn't need that extra mana then you really wasted your money.
I am the Town Medic.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-17 01:46:00
December 17 2013 01:44 GMT
#864
On December 17 2013 10:41 cLutZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2013 10:40 Shikyo wrote:
On December 17 2013 10:37 cLutZ wrote:
On December 17 2013 10:21 Shikyo wrote:
On December 17 2013 10:17 Gahlo wrote:
On December 17 2013 10:13 Shikyo wrote:
On December 17 2013 09:47 Slusher wrote:
Well people who care about mana are already covered by codex, except mabye jayce

Mm? It's not about caring about mana, it's about making it bad for manaless.

Codex also is AP-based and doesn't even give mana or mana regen so that makes no sense.

It's just that if I want mana and cdr I need to go with glacial so I'll be going tanky, if I want to go offensive it's a deadend

Mana-nonAP is a massive shithole anyway. So few options and most of them often aren't relevant to people that want them.

Well, even so Codex and its derivates actually do not even offer mana and CDR. Let's say I want an offensive build based around Archangel with max CDR. There's nothing, not a single item.

Strange that I'm forced into going tanky with mass armor if I want to itemize like that.

Hrm, I guess it's a silly argument though I'd prefer having more options instead of just athenes every game.


http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Morellonomicon

You are joking right?

That item gives no mana.


If you are pairing it with AA staff why do you want more mana? Is your plan to have a perfect item set for taking advantage of the 3% passive? I dont understand your goal. Tear + Morello is a perfectly fine alternative to Athenes in many cases.

AA scales with mana.

Yeah, maybe spamming blue pots is the way to go...
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
December 17 2013 01:45 GMT
#865
On December 17 2013 10:41 cLutZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2013 10:40 Shikyo wrote:
On December 17 2013 10:37 cLutZ wrote:
On December 17 2013 10:21 Shikyo wrote:
On December 17 2013 10:17 Gahlo wrote:
On December 17 2013 10:13 Shikyo wrote:
On December 17 2013 09:47 Slusher wrote:
Well people who care about mana are already covered by codex, except mabye jayce

Mm? It's not about caring about mana, it's about making it bad for manaless.

Codex also is AP-based and doesn't even give mana or mana regen so that makes no sense.

It's just that if I want mana and cdr I need to go with glacial so I'll be going tanky, if I want to go offensive it's a deadend

Mana-nonAP is a massive shithole anyway. So few options and most of them often aren't relevant to people that want them.

Well, even so Codex and its derivates actually do not even offer mana and CDR. Let's say I want an offensive build based around Archangel with max CDR. There's nothing, not a single item.

Strange that I'm forced into going tanky with mass armor if I want to itemize like that.

Hrm, I guess it's a silly argument though I'd prefer having more options instead of just athenes every game.


http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Morellonomicon

You are joking right?

That item gives no mana.


If you are pairing it with AA staff why do you want more mana? Is your plan to have a perfect item set for taking advantage of the 3% passive? I dont understand your goal. Tear + Morello is a perfectly fine alternative to Athenes in many cases.

I assume he's going for "bigar shild!" in this hypothetical build.
ItsFunToLose
Profile Joined December 2010
United States776 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-17 01:48:28
December 17 2013 01:45 GMT
#866
My point is itemizing CDR SHOULD feel shitty and that a real choice between 15% cdr and 15Mpen boots should exist, but doesn't, because everyone can get 40% cdr + sorcs.

Imagine a world where DFG has 0 CDR,
morello's gives 10
athene's give 5
fiendish codex gives 5

defensive items just straight up don't.


suddenly cdr runes or 9-0-21 builds or ionian boots start to look very attractive.
"skillshots are inherently out of your control whether they hit or not" -PrinceXizor
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
December 17 2013 01:46 GMT
#867
I mean, you're trying to argue with Shikyo. It's about as productive as asking me to be rationale toward Riven.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
December 17 2013 01:48 GMT
#868
On December 17 2013 10:45 Gahlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2013 10:41 cLutZ wrote:
On December 17 2013 10:40 Shikyo wrote:
On December 17 2013 10:37 cLutZ wrote:
On December 17 2013 10:21 Shikyo wrote:
On December 17 2013 10:17 Gahlo wrote:
On December 17 2013 10:13 Shikyo wrote:
On December 17 2013 09:47 Slusher wrote:
Well people who care about mana are already covered by codex, except mabye jayce

Mm? It's not about caring about mana, it's about making it bad for manaless.

Codex also is AP-based and doesn't even give mana or mana regen so that makes no sense.

It's just that if I want mana and cdr I need to go with glacial so I'll be going tanky, if I want to go offensive it's a deadend

Mana-nonAP is a massive shithole anyway. So few options and most of them often aren't relevant to people that want them.

Well, even so Codex and its derivates actually do not even offer mana and CDR. Let's say I want an offensive build based around Archangel with max CDR. There's nothing, not a single item.

Strange that I'm forced into going tanky with mass armor if I want to itemize like that.

Hrm, I guess it's a silly argument though I'd prefer having more options instead of just athenes every game.


http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Morellonomicon

You are joking right?

That item gives no mana.


If you are pairing it with AA staff why do you want more mana? Is your plan to have a perfect item set for taking advantage of the 3% passive? I dont understand your goal. Tear + Morello is a perfectly fine alternative to Athenes in many cases.

I assume he's going for "bigar shild!" in this hypothetical build.


Nah, hes just trolling. Otherwise he would be complaining about not having a ROA analog that uses Pickaxe so he can get back to playing Blue Ezreal.

The Tear items aren't supposed to be good, and they shouldn't be good. The only reason people forget this is because of the propagation of manaless champs, constant blue buff donations, and the original set of Tear items(and original super op athenes) spoiling people.
Freeeeeeedom
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
December 17 2013 01:52 GMT
#869
I was joking about nashors kass. Lichbane might be alright.
liftlift > tsm
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
December 17 2013 01:52 GMT
#870
On December 17 2013 09:57 cLutZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2013 08:54 Ryuu314 wrote:
On December 17 2013 08:28 Alaric wrote:
'dunno, I have trouble distinguishing Irelia's long cd dps-oriented true damage compared to the close-to-true-damage from Elise, the "what's counterplay?" Jayce, or the "we put a high skill ceiling but we forgot about the skill floor along the way/tinkered with it through buffs" affecting Zed, Kha'Zix, Riven, and a bit Ahri and Fizz.
Would you rather lane against pre-nerf Zac, Nasus, Zed, or simply Renekton, than Irelia? It's not like she also happen to have something akin to a powercurve, that's becoming pretty rare amongst non-tanks.

Pre-nerf Irelia is up there with Zac, Zed, Renekton. She was absolutely retarded to lane against. Once she hit level ~3 you virtually could not lane against her unless you were playing another OP champ (aka pre-nerf GP, Renekton, or Udyr) since she would out-trade you, out-sustain you, and be able to chase you down and kill you. On the off chance that you got ahead, she had great disengage with her E. Plus, by the time she hits 6, you might as well give up harassing her since she healed to full health every other minion wave with her ult if W wasn't enough. Even Mundo ult only heals 40% max hp at the cost of 20% of ur current hp. On top of that, she reduces all cc by almost half in teamfights for free with no trade-off meaning she could dive like a monster. Irelia could afford to build almost pure tank and still do mad damage due to her true damage W.

The better nerf Irelia meme and how bad of a pick Irelia is now is justified and all, but I think a lot of people are forgetting how truly fucking retarded pre-nerf Irelia was.


But that was a numbers problem. The great thing about Irelia (and Jax, and hopefully the new W-centric Kass), is that Autoattacks draw minion aggro, they take time to deal their damage (so there is time for counterganks, cc, etc), and prevents the champ from being able to create the kind of infinite farmfests when behind because they can actually get zoned.

You can argue the same thing about Nasus. Everything is a numbers problem if you want to get technical.

Irelia's kit has innate sustain, cc reduction, true damage, and burst. It does everything you could want a bruiser's kit to do.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-17 01:57:16
December 17 2013 01:56 GMT
#871
On December 17 2013 10:48 cLutZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2013 10:45 Gahlo wrote:
On December 17 2013 10:41 cLutZ wrote:
On December 17 2013 10:40 Shikyo wrote:
On December 17 2013 10:37 cLutZ wrote:
On December 17 2013 10:21 Shikyo wrote:
On December 17 2013 10:17 Gahlo wrote:
On December 17 2013 10:13 Shikyo wrote:
On December 17 2013 09:47 Slusher wrote:
Well people who care about mana are already covered by codex, except mabye jayce

Mm? It's not about caring about mana, it's about making it bad for manaless.

Codex also is AP-based and doesn't even give mana or mana regen so that makes no sense.

It's just that if I want mana and cdr I need to go with glacial so I'll be going tanky, if I want to go offensive it's a deadend

Mana-nonAP is a massive shithole anyway. So few options and most of them often aren't relevant to people that want them.

Well, even so Codex and its derivates actually do not even offer mana and CDR. Let's say I want an offensive build based around Archangel with max CDR. There's nothing, not a single item.

Strange that I'm forced into going tanky with mass armor if I want to itemize like that.

Hrm, I guess it's a silly argument though I'd prefer having more options instead of just athenes every game.


http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Morellonomicon

You are joking right?

That item gives no mana.


If you are pairing it with AA staff why do you want more mana? Is your plan to have a perfect item set for taking advantage of the 3% passive? I dont understand your goal. Tear + Morello is a perfectly fine alternative to Athenes in many cases.

I assume he's going for "bigar shild!" in this hypothetical build.


Nah, hes just trolling. Otherwise he would be complaining about not having a ROA analog that uses Pickaxe so he can get back to playing Blue Ezreal.

The Tear items aren't supposed to be good, and they shouldn't be good. The only reason people forget this is because of the propagation of manaless champs, constant blue buff donations, and the original set of Tear items(and original super op athenes) spoiling people.

I don't think it makes sense that while the tear items are either AD or AP, the mana + cdr items are armor-based. I don't see how that's trolling but whatever suits you

Maybe you don't realize this, but it's actually what could be used to make mana-based champions actually favorable over CD-based champions, because Tear is one of the few advantages they have.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
December 17 2013 01:59 GMT
#872
On December 17 2013 10:52 Ryuu314 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2013 09:57 cLutZ wrote:
On December 17 2013 08:54 Ryuu314 wrote:
On December 17 2013 08:28 Alaric wrote:
'dunno, I have trouble distinguishing Irelia's long cd dps-oriented true damage compared to the close-to-true-damage from Elise, the "what's counterplay?" Jayce, or the "we put a high skill ceiling but we forgot about the skill floor along the way/tinkered with it through buffs" affecting Zed, Kha'Zix, Riven, and a bit Ahri and Fizz.
Would you rather lane against pre-nerf Zac, Nasus, Zed, or simply Renekton, than Irelia? It's not like she also happen to have something akin to a powercurve, that's becoming pretty rare amongst non-tanks.

Pre-nerf Irelia is up there with Zac, Zed, Renekton. She was absolutely retarded to lane against. Once she hit level ~3 you virtually could not lane against her unless you were playing another OP champ (aka pre-nerf GP, Renekton, or Udyr) since she would out-trade you, out-sustain you, and be able to chase you down and kill you. On the off chance that you got ahead, she had great disengage with her E. Plus, by the time she hits 6, you might as well give up harassing her since she healed to full health every other minion wave with her ult if W wasn't enough. Even Mundo ult only heals 40% max hp at the cost of 20% of ur current hp. On top of that, she reduces all cc by almost half in teamfights for free with no trade-off meaning she could dive like a monster. Irelia could afford to build almost pure tank and still do mad damage due to her true damage W.

The better nerf Irelia meme and how bad of a pick Irelia is now is justified and all, but I think a lot of people are forgetting how truly fucking retarded pre-nerf Irelia was.


But that was a numbers problem. The great thing about Irelia (and Jax, and hopefully the new W-centric Kass), is that Autoattacks draw minion aggro, they take time to deal their damage (so there is time for counterganks, cc, etc), and prevents the champ from being able to create the kind of infinite farmfests when behind because they can actually get zoned.

You can argue the same thing about Nasus. Everything is a numbers problem if you want to get technical.

Irelia's kit has innate sustain, cc reduction, true damage, and burst. It does everything you could want a bruiser's kit to do.

Her kit was fine, they just need to revert like, ONE nerf lol
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
December 17 2013 02:01 GMT
#873
On December 17 2013 10:52 wei2coolman wrote:
I was joking about nashors kass. Lichbane might be alright.

There was a thread on reddit about ~500AP Kass being able to add 1k magic damage with PBE w and lichbane. Didn't pay too much attention or verify, so take it for what it's worth.
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-17 02:05:06
December 17 2013 02:03 GMT
#874
if you have 500 ap and are in melee range, you deserve that 1k autoattack.
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
December 17 2013 02:08 GMT
#875
On December 17 2013 10:52 Ryuu314 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2013 09:57 cLutZ wrote:
On December 17 2013 08:54 Ryuu314 wrote:
On December 17 2013 08:28 Alaric wrote:
'dunno, I have trouble distinguishing Irelia's long cd dps-oriented true damage compared to the close-to-true-damage from Elise, the "what's counterplay?" Jayce, or the "we put a high skill ceiling but we forgot about the skill floor along the way/tinkered with it through buffs" affecting Zed, Kha'Zix, Riven, and a bit Ahri and Fizz.
Would you rather lane against pre-nerf Zac, Nasus, Zed, or simply Renekton, than Irelia? It's not like she also happen to have something akin to a powercurve, that's becoming pretty rare amongst non-tanks.

Pre-nerf Irelia is up there with Zac, Zed, Renekton. She was absolutely retarded to lane against. Once she hit level ~3 you virtually could not lane against her unless you were playing another OP champ (aka pre-nerf GP, Renekton, or Udyr) since she would out-trade you, out-sustain you, and be able to chase you down and kill you. On the off chance that you got ahead, she had great disengage with her E. Plus, by the time she hits 6, you might as well give up harassing her since she healed to full health every other minion wave with her ult if W wasn't enough. Even Mundo ult only heals 40% max hp at the cost of 20% of ur current hp. On top of that, she reduces all cc by almost half in teamfights for free with no trade-off meaning she could dive like a monster. Irelia could afford to build almost pure tank and still do mad damage due to her true damage W.

The better nerf Irelia meme and how bad of a pick Irelia is now is justified and all, but I think a lot of people are forgetting how truly fucking retarded pre-nerf Irelia was.


But that was a numbers problem. The great thing about Irelia (and Jax, and hopefully the new W-centric Kass), is that Autoattacks draw minion aggro, they take time to deal their damage (so there is time for counterganks, cc, etc), and prevents the champ from being able to create the kind of infinite farmfests when behind because they can actually get zoned.

You can argue the same thing about Nasus. Everything is a numbers problem if you want to get technical.

Irelia's kit has innate sustain, cc reduction, true damage, and burst. It does everything you could want a bruiser's kit to do.


No one said her kit isn't good. I simply think that it is easier to get a kit like Irelia's to be "decent" than it is for Rengar, Yorik, or Poppy to be "decent". Most importantly, her kit still allows for her to be zoned when she it behind, she has a weak early laning phase (when the numbers are done correctly), she needs to sacrifice tankiness to do damage (unlike Shyvana or Renekton), and even if she is fed it takes more than a second and a half to kill your ADC (unlike Zed or Riven for instance). Irelia's kit has its own problems, but that is mostly due to her passive being kind of silly (but you could remake that IMO without ruining her feel).

Its not about "everything is a numbers problem", its about the margin of error in the numbers that in which a champion is competitive. For teamfights, sustained damage is easier to balance than burst, for laning sustain that requires you to be in melle range is easier to balance than that at range. AOE waveclear on bruisers is another consideration, and of course, using mana.
Freeeeeeedom
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
December 17 2013 02:20 GMT
#876
On December 17 2013 11:08 cLutZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2013 10:52 Ryuu314 wrote:
On December 17 2013 09:57 cLutZ wrote:
On December 17 2013 08:54 Ryuu314 wrote:
On December 17 2013 08:28 Alaric wrote:
'dunno, I have trouble distinguishing Irelia's long cd dps-oriented true damage compared to the close-to-true-damage from Elise, the "what's counterplay?" Jayce, or the "we put a high skill ceiling but we forgot about the skill floor along the way/tinkered with it through buffs" affecting Zed, Kha'Zix, Riven, and a bit Ahri and Fizz.
Would you rather lane against pre-nerf Zac, Nasus, Zed, or simply Renekton, than Irelia? It's not like she also happen to have something akin to a powercurve, that's becoming pretty rare amongst non-tanks.

Pre-nerf Irelia is up there with Zac, Zed, Renekton. She was absolutely retarded to lane against. Once she hit level ~3 you virtually could not lane against her unless you were playing another OP champ (aka pre-nerf GP, Renekton, or Udyr) since she would out-trade you, out-sustain you, and be able to chase you down and kill you. On the off chance that you got ahead, she had great disengage with her E. Plus, by the time she hits 6, you might as well give up harassing her since she healed to full health every other minion wave with her ult if W wasn't enough. Even Mundo ult only heals 40% max hp at the cost of 20% of ur current hp. On top of that, she reduces all cc by almost half in teamfights for free with no trade-off meaning she could dive like a monster. Irelia could afford to build almost pure tank and still do mad damage due to her true damage W.

The better nerf Irelia meme and how bad of a pick Irelia is now is justified and all, but I think a lot of people are forgetting how truly fucking retarded pre-nerf Irelia was.


But that was a numbers problem. The great thing about Irelia (and Jax, and hopefully the new W-centric Kass), is that Autoattacks draw minion aggro, they take time to deal their damage (so there is time for counterganks, cc, etc), and prevents the champ from being able to create the kind of infinite farmfests when behind because they can actually get zoned.

You can argue the same thing about Nasus. Everything is a numbers problem if you want to get technical.

Irelia's kit has innate sustain, cc reduction, true damage, and burst. It does everything you could want a bruiser's kit to do.


No one said her kit isn't good. I simply think that it is easier to get a kit like Irelia's to be "decent" than it is for Rengar, Yorik, or Poppy to be "decent". Most importantly, her kit still allows for her to be zoned when she it behind, she has a weak early laning phase (when the numbers are done correctly), she needs to sacrifice tankiness to do damage (unlike Shyvana or Renekton), and even if she is fed it takes more than a second and a half to kill your ADC (unlike Zed or Riven for instance). Irelia's kit has its own problems, but that is mostly due to her passive being kind of silly (but you could remake that IMO without ruining her feel).

Its not about "everything is a numbers problem", its about the margin of error in the numbers that in which a champion is competitive. For teamfights, sustained damage is easier to balance than burst, for laning sustain that requires you to be in melle range is easier to balance than that at range. AOE waveclear on bruisers is another consideration, and of course, using mana.

Irelia's in a bad spot atm I agree. I'm just saying that when she was popular, she was absolute fucking retarded to play against due to her kit doing everything well.

I actually think that if you remove or significantly nerf her passive you'll ruin her feel.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
December 17 2013 02:23 GMT
#877
Currently he can do only like 680 with Lich Bane and W.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
December 17 2013 02:25 GMT
#878
On December 17 2013 11:20 Ryuu314 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2013 11:08 cLutZ wrote:
On December 17 2013 10:52 Ryuu314 wrote:
On December 17 2013 09:57 cLutZ wrote:
On December 17 2013 08:54 Ryuu314 wrote:
On December 17 2013 08:28 Alaric wrote:
'dunno, I have trouble distinguishing Irelia's long cd dps-oriented true damage compared to the close-to-true-damage from Elise, the "what's counterplay?" Jayce, or the "we put a high skill ceiling but we forgot about the skill floor along the way/tinkered with it through buffs" affecting Zed, Kha'Zix, Riven, and a bit Ahri and Fizz.
Would you rather lane against pre-nerf Zac, Nasus, Zed, or simply Renekton, than Irelia? It's not like she also happen to have something akin to a powercurve, that's becoming pretty rare amongst non-tanks.

Pre-nerf Irelia is up there with Zac, Zed, Renekton. She was absolutely retarded to lane against. Once she hit level ~3 you virtually could not lane against her unless you were playing another OP champ (aka pre-nerf GP, Renekton, or Udyr) since she would out-trade you, out-sustain you, and be able to chase you down and kill you. On the off chance that you got ahead, she had great disengage with her E. Plus, by the time she hits 6, you might as well give up harassing her since she healed to full health every other minion wave with her ult if W wasn't enough. Even Mundo ult only heals 40% max hp at the cost of 20% of ur current hp. On top of that, she reduces all cc by almost half in teamfights for free with no trade-off meaning she could dive like a monster. Irelia could afford to build almost pure tank and still do mad damage due to her true damage W.

The better nerf Irelia meme and how bad of a pick Irelia is now is justified and all, but I think a lot of people are forgetting how truly fucking retarded pre-nerf Irelia was.


But that was a numbers problem. The great thing about Irelia (and Jax, and hopefully the new W-centric Kass), is that Autoattacks draw minion aggro, they take time to deal their damage (so there is time for counterganks, cc, etc), and prevents the champ from being able to create the kind of infinite farmfests when behind because they can actually get zoned.

You can argue the same thing about Nasus. Everything is a numbers problem if you want to get technical.

Irelia's kit has innate sustain, cc reduction, true damage, and burst. It does everything you could want a bruiser's kit to do.


No one said her kit isn't good. I simply think that it is easier to get a kit like Irelia's to be "decent" than it is for Rengar, Yorik, or Poppy to be "decent". Most importantly, her kit still allows for her to be zoned when she it behind, she has a weak early laning phase (when the numbers are done correctly), she needs to sacrifice tankiness to do damage (unlike Shyvana or Renekton), and even if she is fed it takes more than a second and a half to kill your ADC (unlike Zed or Riven for instance). Irelia's kit has its own problems, but that is mostly due to her passive being kind of silly (but you could remake that IMO without ruining her feel).

Its not about "everything is a numbers problem", its about the margin of error in the numbers that in which a champion is competitive. For teamfights, sustained damage is easier to balance than burst, for laning sustain that requires you to be in melle range is easier to balance than that at range. AOE waveclear on bruisers is another consideration, and of course, using mana.

Irelia's in a bad spot atm I agree. I'm just saying that when she was popular, she was absolute fucking retarded to play against due to her kit doing everything well.

I actually think that if you remove or significantly nerf her passive you'll ruin her feel.


Then yea, shes going to be quite difficult to balance. The basic reason why sustained damage is easier to balance is that you are able to stop it in some way.
Freeeeeeedom
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
December 17 2013 02:31 GMT
#879
I thought that the biggest thing about Irelia's OPness was actually her passive, along with the fact that she was nearly impossible to push off the lane. With her passive she can go all Mundo on you and completely ignore any CC while she kills your ADC. She can still do all that in the lategame but just about everything beats her in lane now.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Velocirapture
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States983 Posts
December 17 2013 02:41 GMT
#880
On December 17 2013 11:31 Shikyo wrote:
I thought that the biggest thing about Irelia's OPness was actually her passive, along with the fact that she was nearly impossible to push off the lane. With her passive she can go all Mundo on you and completely ignore any CC while she kills your ADC. She can still do all that in the lategame but just about everything beats her in lane now.


I think this is a lesson they learned really recently with zac. The second they took the tenacity off his passive he went from 100% pick/ban to unusable in serious matches. I think irelia and mundo are the only champs with tenacity effects in their kit and mundo has to activate his. If they took away Irelia's tenacity it is likely very easy to tweak her kit into tier one without making her OP.
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 224 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1469
RotterdaM980
TaKeTV 383
IndyStarCraft 190
SteadfastSC174
ZombieGrub105
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1515
RotterdaM 980
IndyStarCraft 183
SteadfastSC 183
MaxPax 180
RuFF_SC2 105
ZombieGrub78
UpATreeSC 77
MindelVK 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2728
Shuttle 502
Dewaltoss 114
910 68
Mind 62
Bale 13
Counter-Strike
fl0m3833
pashabiceps1197
Fnx 687
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu693
Other Games
Grubby4244
summit1g1775
Beastyqt756
shahzam472
mouzStarbuck423
ToD199
C9.Mang0157
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV210
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 202
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 14
• Eskiya23 14
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade303
Other Games
• imaqtpie841
• Shiphtur294
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
2h 59m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 59m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
14h 59m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Patches Events
1d 19h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.