• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:12
CEST 17:12
KST 00:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20266Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9828 users

Dating: How's your luck? - Page 622

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 620 621 622 623 624 1068 Next
We are extremely close to shutting down this thread for the same reasons the PUA thread was shut down. While some of the time this thread contains actual discussion with people asking help and people giving nice advice, it often gets derailed by rubbish that should not be here. The moderation team will be trying to steer this thread in a different direction from now on.

Posts of the following nature are banned:
1) ANYTHING regarding PUA. If your post contains the words 'alpha' or 'beta' or anything of that sort please don't hit post.
2) Stupid brags. You can tell us about your nice success stories with someone, but posts such as 'lol 50 Tinder matches' are a no-no.
3) Any misogynistic bullshit, including discussion about rape culture.
4) One night stands and random sex. These are basically brags that invariably devolve into gender role discussions and misogynistic comments.

Last chance, guys. This thread is for dating advice and sharing dating stories. While gender roles, sociocultural norms, and our biological imperative to reproduce are all tangentially related, these subjects are not the main purpose of the thread. Please AVOID these discussions. If you want to discuss them at length, go to PMs or start a blog. If you disagree with someone's ideologies, state that you disagree with them and why they won't work from a dating standpoint and move on. We will not tolerate any lengthy derailments that aren't directly about dating.
puerk
Profile Joined February 2015
Germany855 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-23 14:25:44
May 23 2015 14:25 GMT
#12421
Well at least i saw the first few posts, you can't erase my memory! Vive la resistance!
LemOn
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United Kingdom8629 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-23 19:42:56
May 23 2015 19:34 GMT
#12422
ban imo, what are this secrecy?

Btw asked a girl I've been on 3 dates (did stuff on all, pretty much all but the final step) with to be my friend yesterday.
She was pretty upset at first, we spent the night cuddling, she was trying to initiate stuff but I stayed strong. We agreed that the raw chemistry is just not there and we work better as friends, I really prefer talking to her and doing fun shit + cuddling than having a sexual desire. She is in a complicated situation, sort of lives with bf, theres another guy she's crazy about+one night stands. I'm crazy about this other girl too, sort of am into the whole pickup thing so it seems pretty sustainable for now.

She's a great person we have tons of fun together. But the chemistry is low, values are not aligned in terms of long term commitment etc., and we want both a completely different relationship dynamic (I want a girl that let's me be the man, take initiative, lead that is just okay being in her feminine - and she wants a sharer, take charge quite a bit and likes to be vocal about what she wants strongly) so there's like no potential for long run either.

Really curious of what you guys think tho, I've never been friends with a girl before at all, much less a great looking one (despite the chemistry not being there), can this work? What about when we both have dry spells down the line - should be casual sex off limits, or set hard rules for no hugging etc. right off the bat?

Much is the father figure that I miss in my life. Go Daddy! DoC.LemOn, LemOn[5thF]
puerk
Profile Joined February 2015
Germany855 Posts
May 23 2015 19:37 GMT
#12423
"my love life is to awesome, what do?"
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
May 23 2015 20:13 GMT
#12424
Treat her like a guy friend or like the girlfriend of one of your friends.
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
May 23 2015 20:31 GMT
#12425
I don't understand how you can cuddle with someone in a way that isn't sexual. It seems like an inherently sexual activity.
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46503 Posts
May 23 2015 20:33 GMT
#12426
On May 24 2015 05:31 WarSame wrote:
I don't understand how you can cuddle with someone in a way that isn't sexual. It seems like an inherently sexual activity.


I agree... once you move from hugging to cuddling/ snuggling, you go into an intimate territory that really can't be platonic imo.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
May 24 2015 01:59 GMT
#12427
yeah you are crazy dude
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
levelping
Profile Joined May 2010
Singapore759 Posts
May 24 2015 06:45 GMT
#12428
To put it another way, how do you cuddle with someone that you have little chemistry with? Seems really (mega) awkward.
Fyodor
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada971 Posts
May 24 2015 07:29 GMT
#12429
On May 24 2015 04:34 LemOn wrote:
ban imo, what are this secrecy?

Btw asked a girl I've been on 3 dates (did stuff on all, pretty much all but the final step) with to be my friend yesterday.
She was pretty upset at first, we spent the night cuddling, she was trying to initiate stuff but I stayed strong. We agreed that the raw chemistry is just not there and we work better as friends, I really prefer talking to her and doing fun shit + cuddling than having a sexual desire. She is in a complicated situation, sort of lives with bf, theres another guy she's crazy about+one night stands. I'm crazy about this other girl too, sort of am into the whole pickup thing so it seems pretty sustainable for now.

She's a great person we have tons of fun together. But the chemistry is low, values are not aligned in terms of long term commitment etc., and we want both a completely different relationship dynamic (I want a girl that let's me be the man, take initiative, lead that is just okay being in her feminine - and she wants a sharer, take charge quite a bit and likes to be vocal about what she wants strongly) so there's like no potential for long run either.

Really curious of what you guys think tho, I've never been friends with a girl before at all, much less a great looking one (despite the chemistry not being there), can this work? What about when we both have dry spells down the line - should be casual sex off limits, or set hard rules for no hugging etc. right off the bat?


You're both hilarious.
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24384 Posts
May 25 2015 21:33 GMT
#12430
On May 24 2015 04:34 LemOn wrote:
ban imo, what are this secrecy?

Btw asked a girl I've been on 3 dates (did stuff on all, pretty much all but the final step) with to be my friend yesterday.
She was pretty upset at first, we spent the night cuddling, she was trying to initiate stuff but I stayed strong. We agreed that the raw chemistry is just not there and we work better as friends, I really prefer talking to her and doing fun shit + cuddling than having a sexual desire. She is in a complicated situation, sort of lives with bf, theres another guy she's crazy about+one night stands. I'm crazy about this other girl too, sort of am into the whole pickup thing so it seems pretty sustainable for now.

She's a great person we have tons of fun together. But the chemistry is low, values are not aligned in terms of long term commitment etc., and we want both a completely different relationship dynamic (I want a girl that let's me be the man, take initiative, lead that is just okay being in her feminine - and she wants a sharer, take charge quite a bit and likes to be vocal about what she wants strongly) so there's like no potential for long run either.

Really curious of what you guys think tho, I've never been friends with a girl before at all, much less a great looking one (despite the chemistry not being there), can this work? What about when we both have dry spells down the line - should be casual sex off limits, or set hard rules for no hugging etc. right off the bat?



My personal opinion is to join us in the 21st century, where being feminine doesn't mean following a man.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
May 26 2015 01:44 GMT
#12431
On May 26 2015 06:33 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2015 04:34 LemOn wrote:
ban imo, what are this secrecy?

Btw asked a girl I've been on 3 dates (did stuff on all, pretty much all but the final step) with to be my friend yesterday.
She was pretty upset at first, we spent the night cuddling, she was trying to initiate stuff but I stayed strong. We agreed that the raw chemistry is just not there and we work better as friends, I really prefer talking to her and doing fun shit + cuddling than having a sexual desire. She is in a complicated situation, sort of lives with bf, theres another guy she's crazy about+one night stands. I'm crazy about this other girl too, sort of am into the whole pickup thing so it seems pretty sustainable for now.

She's a great person we have tons of fun together. But the chemistry is low, values are not aligned in terms of long term commitment etc., and we want both a completely different relationship dynamic (I want a girl that let's me be the man, take initiative, lead that is just okay being in her feminine - and she wants a sharer, take charge quite a bit and likes to be vocal about what she wants strongly) so there's like no potential for long run either.

Really curious of what you guys think tho, I've never been friends with a girl before at all, much less a great looking one (despite the chemistry not being there), can this work? What about when we both have dry spells down the line - should be casual sex off limits, or set hard rules for no hugging etc. right off the bat?



My personal opinion is to join us in the 21st century, where being feminine doesn't mean following a man.


Nothing wrong with liking submisive woman for relationships, I do aswell. Wathever floats ur boat.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
May 26 2015 01:53 GMT
#12432
What does femininity mean to you?
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
puerk
Profile Joined February 2015
Germany855 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-26 02:24:35
May 26 2015 02:23 GMT
#12433
On May 26 2015 10:44 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2015 06:33 GreenHorizons wrote:
On May 24 2015 04:34 LemOn wrote:
ban imo, what are this secrecy?

Btw asked a girl I've been on 3 dates (did stuff on all, pretty much all but the final step) with to be my friend yesterday.
She was pretty upset at first, we spent the night cuddling, she was trying to initiate stuff but I stayed strong. We agreed that the raw chemistry is just not there and we work better as friends, I really prefer talking to her and doing fun shit + cuddling than having a sexual desire. She is in a complicated situation, sort of lives with bf, theres another guy she's crazy about+one night stands. I'm crazy about this other girl too, sort of am into the whole pickup thing so it seems pretty sustainable for now.

She's a great person we have tons of fun together. But the chemistry is low, values are not aligned in terms of long term commitment etc., and we want both a completely different relationship dynamic (I want a girl that let's me be the man, take initiative, lead that is just okay being in her feminine - and she wants a sharer, take charge quite a bit and likes to be vocal about what she wants strongly) so there's like no potential for long run either.

Really curious of what you guys think tho, I've never been friends with a girl before at all, much less a great looking one (despite the chemistry not being there), can this work? What about when we both have dry spells down the line - should be casual sex off limits, or set hard rules for no hugging etc. right off the bat?



My personal opinion is to join us in the 21st century, where being feminine doesn't mean following a man.


Nothing wrong with liking submisive woman for relationships, I do aswell. Wathever floats ur boat.


the trouble starts when you call your personal preferences the norm for truly belonging to the prefered gender.
for instance if i was into bald overweight castrates that would not make that "masculine", the same way you being into submissive woman does not make them "feminine"
not to mention that the concepts of masculine and feminine as used today are utter rubbish.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
May 26 2015 03:14 GMT
#12434
On May 26 2015 11:23 puerk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2015 10:44 GoTuNk! wrote:
On May 26 2015 06:33 GreenHorizons wrote:
On May 24 2015 04:34 LemOn wrote:
ban imo, what are this secrecy?

Btw asked a girl I've been on 3 dates (did stuff on all, pretty much all but the final step) with to be my friend yesterday.
She was pretty upset at first, we spent the night cuddling, she was trying to initiate stuff but I stayed strong. We agreed that the raw chemistry is just not there and we work better as friends, I really prefer talking to her and doing fun shit + cuddling than having a sexual desire. She is in a complicated situation, sort of lives with bf, theres another guy she's crazy about+one night stands. I'm crazy about this other girl too, sort of am into the whole pickup thing so it seems pretty sustainable for now.

She's a great person we have tons of fun together. But the chemistry is low, values are not aligned in terms of long term commitment etc., and we want both a completely different relationship dynamic (I want a girl that let's me be the man, take initiative, lead that is just okay being in her feminine - and she wants a sharer, take charge quite a bit and likes to be vocal about what she wants strongly) so there's like no potential for long run either.

Really curious of what you guys think tho, I've never been friends with a girl before at all, much less a great looking one (despite the chemistry not being there), can this work? What about when we both have dry spells down the line - should be casual sex off limits, or set hard rules for no hugging etc. right off the bat?



My personal opinion is to join us in the 21st century, where being feminine doesn't mean following a man.


Nothing wrong with liking submisive woman for relationships, I do aswell. Wathever floats ur boat.


the trouble starts when you call your personal preferences the norm for truly belonging to the prefered gender.
for instance if i was into bald overweight castrates that would not make that "masculine", the same way you being into submissive woman does not make them "feminine"
not to mention that the concepts of masculine and feminine as used today are utter rubbish.


While I do agree what your general argument, I strongly correlate feminity with a supporting role in a relationship.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24384 Posts
May 26 2015 03:38 GMT
#12435
On May 26 2015 12:14 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2015 11:23 puerk wrote:
On May 26 2015 10:44 GoTuNk! wrote:
On May 26 2015 06:33 GreenHorizons wrote:
On May 24 2015 04:34 LemOn wrote:
ban imo, what are this secrecy?

Btw asked a girl I've been on 3 dates (did stuff on all, pretty much all but the final step) with to be my friend yesterday.
She was pretty upset at first, we spent the night cuddling, she was trying to initiate stuff but I stayed strong. We agreed that the raw chemistry is just not there and we work better as friends, I really prefer talking to her and doing fun shit + cuddling than having a sexual desire. She is in a complicated situation, sort of lives with bf, theres another guy she's crazy about+one night stands. I'm crazy about this other girl too, sort of am into the whole pickup thing so it seems pretty sustainable for now.

She's a great person we have tons of fun together. But the chemistry is low, values are not aligned in terms of long term commitment etc., and we want both a completely different relationship dynamic (I want a girl that let's me be the man, take initiative, lead that is just okay being in her feminine - and she wants a sharer, take charge quite a bit and likes to be vocal about what she wants strongly) so there's like no potential for long run either.

Really curious of what you guys think tho, I've never been friends with a girl before at all, much less a great looking one (despite the chemistry not being there), can this work? What about when we both have dry spells down the line - should be casual sex off limits, or set hard rules for no hugging etc. right off the bat?


My personal opinion is to join us in the 21st century, where being feminine doesn't mean following a man.


Nothing wrong with liking submisive woman for relationships, I do aswell. Wathever floats ur boat.


the trouble starts when you call your personal preferences the norm for truly belonging to the prefered gender.
for instance if i was into bald overweight castrates that would not make that "masculine", the same way you being into submissive woman does not make them "feminine"
not to mention that the concepts of masculine and feminine as used today are utter rubbish.


While I do agree what your general argument, I strongly correlate feminity with a supporting role in a relationship.


People are obviously free to think what they wish it just seems like a terribly outdated idea. It implies things like women leaders are less feminine simply because they are leaders. That seems utterly stupid (although I could think of worse words) on it's face.

It also implies if a man takes a supporting role for lets say his surgeon wife, he is somehow less masculine or 'manly'. Which again is a stupid, outdated notion on it's face imo.

It's reasonable to prefer a partner who prioritizes supporting you over expressing themselves (not my cup of tea) but the idea that if women don't fit your idea of a woman they are less feminine is just ridiculous to me.


"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
May 26 2015 03:47 GMT
#12436
On May 26 2015 12:38 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2015 12:14 GoTuNk! wrote:
On May 26 2015 11:23 puerk wrote:
On May 26 2015 10:44 GoTuNk! wrote:
On May 26 2015 06:33 GreenHorizons wrote:
On May 24 2015 04:34 LemOn wrote:
ban imo, what are this secrecy?

Btw asked a girl I've been on 3 dates (did stuff on all, pretty much all but the final step) with to be my friend yesterday.
She was pretty upset at first, we spent the night cuddling, she was trying to initiate stuff but I stayed strong. We agreed that the raw chemistry is just not there and we work better as friends, I really prefer talking to her and doing fun shit + cuddling than having a sexual desire. She is in a complicated situation, sort of lives with bf, theres another guy she's crazy about+one night stands. I'm crazy about this other girl too, sort of am into the whole pickup thing so it seems pretty sustainable for now.

She's a great person we have tons of fun together. But the chemistry is low, values are not aligned in terms of long term commitment etc., and we want both a completely different relationship dynamic (I want a girl that let's me be the man, take initiative, lead that is just okay being in her feminine - and she wants a sharer, take charge quite a bit and likes to be vocal about what she wants strongly) so there's like no potential for long run either.

Really curious of what you guys think tho, I've never been friends with a girl before at all, much less a great looking one (despite the chemistry not being there), can this work? What about when we both have dry spells down the line - should be casual sex off limits, or set hard rules for no hugging etc. right off the bat?


My personal opinion is to join us in the 21st century, where being feminine doesn't mean following a man.


Nothing wrong with liking submisive woman for relationships, I do aswell. Wathever floats ur boat.


the trouble starts when you call your personal preferences the norm for truly belonging to the prefered gender.
for instance if i was into bald overweight castrates that would not make that "masculine", the same way you being into submissive woman does not make them "feminine"
not to mention that the concepts of masculine and feminine as used today are utter rubbish.


While I do agree what your general argument, I strongly correlate feminity with a supporting role in a relationship.


People are obviously free to think what they wish it just seems like a terribly outdated idea. It implies things like women leaders are less feminine simply because they are leaders. That seems utterly stupid (although I could think of worse words) on it's face.

It also implies if a man takes a supporting role for lets say his surgeon wife, he is somehow less masculine or 'manly'. Which again is a stupid, outdated notion on it's face imo.

It's reasonable to prefer a partner who prioritizes supporting you over expressing themselves (not my cup of tea) but the idea that if women don't fit your idea of a woman they are less feminine is just ridiculous to me.




I think we should agree to disagree, but I'd like to point out you are being too harsh with your definition.

Woman leaders can lead in a mostly supportive way, helping subordinates feel good and encourage them to take good decisions (Think the opposite of a dictator). People also have many facets, and while a woman could be bossy at the office she can be happily submisive with her partner.

Making money =/= calling the shots in the relationship.

supporting your partner and expressing yourself is a false dichotomy; stuff is way more complex.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24384 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-26 03:56:06
May 26 2015 03:53 GMT
#12437
On May 26 2015 12:47 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2015 12:38 GreenHorizons wrote:
On May 26 2015 12:14 GoTuNk! wrote:
On May 26 2015 11:23 puerk wrote:
On May 26 2015 10:44 GoTuNk! wrote:
On May 26 2015 06:33 GreenHorizons wrote:
On May 24 2015 04:34 LemOn wrote:
ban imo, what are this secrecy?

Btw asked a girl I've been on 3 dates (did stuff on all, pretty much all but the final step) with to be my friend yesterday.
She was pretty upset at first, we spent the night cuddling, she was trying to initiate stuff but I stayed strong. We agreed that the raw chemistry is just not there and we work better as friends, I really prefer talking to her and doing fun shit + cuddling than having a sexual desire. She is in a complicated situation, sort of lives with bf, theres another guy she's crazy about+one night stands. I'm crazy about this other girl too, sort of am into the whole pickup thing so it seems pretty sustainable for now.

She's a great person we have tons of fun together. But the chemistry is low, values are not aligned in terms of long term commitment etc., and we want both a completely different relationship dynamic (I want a girl that let's me be the man, take initiative, lead that is just okay being in her feminine - and she wants a sharer, take charge quite a bit and likes to be vocal about what she wants strongly) so there's like no potential for long run either.

Really curious of what you guys think tho, I've never been friends with a girl before at all, much less a great looking one (despite the chemistry not being there), can this work? What about when we both have dry spells down the line - should be casual sex off limits, or set hard rules for no hugging etc. right off the bat?


My personal opinion is to join us in the 21st century, where being feminine doesn't mean following a man.


Nothing wrong with liking submisive woman for relationships, I do aswell. Wathever floats ur boat.


the trouble starts when you call your personal preferences the norm for truly belonging to the prefered gender.
for instance if i was into bald overweight castrates that would not make that "masculine", the same way you being into submissive woman does not make them "feminine"
not to mention that the concepts of masculine and feminine as used today are utter rubbish.


While I do agree what your general argument, I strongly correlate feminity with a supporting role in a relationship.


People are obviously free to think what they wish it just seems like a terribly outdated idea. It implies things like women leaders are less feminine simply because they are leaders. That seems utterly stupid (although I could think of worse words) on it's face.

It also implies if a man takes a supporting role for lets say his surgeon wife, he is somehow less masculine or 'manly'. Which again is a stupid, outdated notion on it's face imo.

It's reasonable to prefer a partner who prioritizes supporting you over expressing themselves (not my cup of tea) but the idea that if women don't fit your idea of a woman they are less feminine is just ridiculous to me.




I think we should agree to disagree, but I'd like to point out you are being too harsh with your definition.

Woman leaders can lead in a mostly supportive way, helping subordinates feel good and encourage them to take good decisions (Think the opposite of a dictator). People also have many facets, and while a woman could be bossy at the office she can be happily submisive with her partner.

Making money =/= calling the shots in the relationship.

supporting your partner and expressing yourself is a false dichotomy; stuff is way more complex.


I'm not sure what your talking about with the leadership thing and we clearly have radically different ideas of what femininity means and how the word/concept is used, so yeah I think agreeing to disagree is the best choice there.

As for supporting and expressing that was more directed at the original comment that said:

(I want a girl that let's me be the man, take initiative, lead that is just okay being in her feminine - and she wants a sharer, take charge quite a bit and likes to be vocal about what she wants strongly)


That's (the bold) a bullshit misogynist construction of femininity and it's not a good/modern view to have imo.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
LemOn
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United Kingdom8629 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-26 09:59:08
May 26 2015 09:44 GMT
#12438
With her I mean that it comes down to sharing emotion - she wanted me to call her a lot, share my feelings, and tells me in a very direct confrontational way.

For me feminine energy is based more on emotion than logic, being indirect, sharing, and naturally avoiding direct uncomfortable confrontations. She basically pushes me towards my feminine, don't know if misogynist or whatever. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just that in a romantic relationship I personally prefer to be the one to be expected to make the tough decisions, push through a crowd, make the call on where we should go if we're unsure, be slightly possessive with her return that pizza with a hair in it and demand another one, be the one to fend of the jackasses bumping into us and be the one that calmly listens to her problems while being the stable "rock" she can emotionally rely on. Exactly what happens with the girl I'm crazy about right now.

Like the biggest compliment was when she told me she's usually very strong willed and pushy, and her friends are always complaining about stuff. And that she's being bitchy all the time with me and she didn't understand it cause she's never done that before. And then she told me it's cause I never get phased by anything and get to be so calm and decisive she gets to relax, and basically be in her feminine.

It just keeps the spark on, the two poles that keep the sexual tension going. And it's great for my ego and sexual energy, and vice versa. It's not a view of women overall - I dump my emotional stuff on friends and family male or female. It's really awesome with the chick I mentioned, I truly believe we can be friends, I share everything, don't plan stuff, but the more I do the less I feel the raw sexual desire towards her. And vice versa.


I won't get into the discussion and semantics, doubt there's any point and this thread should be for specific personal stories rather than global discussions. Also don't get women being less feminine a wrong thing at all - just like a lot of men are a lot more feminine these days and there's nothing necessarily wrong with that either. Just saying this seems to be my preference right now between the two specific girls
Much is the father figure that I miss in my life. Go Daddy! DoC.LemOn, LemOn[5thF]
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46503 Posts
May 26 2015 10:18 GMT
#12439
On May 26 2015 12:14 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2015 11:23 puerk wrote:
On May 26 2015 10:44 GoTuNk! wrote:
On May 26 2015 06:33 GreenHorizons wrote:
On May 24 2015 04:34 LemOn wrote:
ban imo, what are this secrecy?

Btw asked a girl I've been on 3 dates (did stuff on all, pretty much all but the final step) with to be my friend yesterday.
She was pretty upset at first, we spent the night cuddling, she was trying to initiate stuff but I stayed strong. We agreed that the raw chemistry is just not there and we work better as friends, I really prefer talking to her and doing fun shit + cuddling than having a sexual desire. She is in a complicated situation, sort of lives with bf, theres another guy she's crazy about+one night stands. I'm crazy about this other girl too, sort of am into the whole pickup thing so it seems pretty sustainable for now.

She's a great person we have tons of fun together. But the chemistry is low, values are not aligned in terms of long term commitment etc., and we want both a completely different relationship dynamic (I want a girl that let's me be the man, take initiative, lead that is just okay being in her feminine - and she wants a sharer, take charge quite a bit and likes to be vocal about what she wants strongly) so there's like no potential for long run either.

Really curious of what you guys think tho, I've never been friends with a girl before at all, much less a great looking one (despite the chemistry not being there), can this work? What about when we both have dry spells down the line - should be casual sex off limits, or set hard rules for no hugging etc. right off the bat?



My personal opinion is to join us in the 21st century, where being feminine doesn't mean following a man.


Nothing wrong with liking submisive woman for relationships, I do aswell. Wathever floats ur boat.


the trouble starts when you call your personal preferences the norm for truly belonging to the prefered gender.
for instance if i was into bald overweight castrates that would not make that "masculine", the same way you being into submissive woman does not make them "feminine"
not to mention that the concepts of masculine and feminine as used today are utter rubbish.


While I do agree what your general argument, I strongly correlate feminity with a supporting role in a relationship.


Masculinity and femininity (gender) are cultural constructs that change over time (as opposed to male and female sex, which are biological constants), so while it was considered feminine to be submissive and dependent a few decades ago, feminist movements and social integration may have significantly affected how and what we perceive to be womanly (or manly). For example, it is generally acceptable nowadays for women to be the breadwinners in the family, or for dads to take on the stay-at-home role with babies; this starts to chip away at the old-fashioned idea that women have to be the supporters/ nurturers/ dependents (and by proxy, that such things are necessarily "feminine").
But it's really in the eye of the beholder anyway, as gender is largely subjective and evolving over time.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Racket
Profile Joined July 2013
3023 Posts
May 26 2015 11:44 GMT
#12440
On May 26 2015 18:44 LemOn wrote:
With her I mean that it comes down to sharing emotion - she wanted me to call her a lot, share my feelings, and tells me in a very direct confrontational way.

For me feminine energy is based more on emotion than logic, being indirect, sharing, and naturally avoiding direct uncomfortable confrontations. She basically pushes me towards my feminine, don't know if misogynist or whatever. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just that in a romantic relationship I personally prefer to be the one to be expected to make the tough decisions, push through a crowd, make the call on where we should go if we're unsure, be slightly possessive with her return that pizza with a hair in it and demand another one, be the one to fend of the jackasses bumping into us and be the one that calmly listens to her problems while being the stable "rock" she can emotionally rely on. Exactly what happens with the girl I'm crazy about right now.

Like the biggest compliment was when she told me she's usually very strong willed and pushy, and her friends are always complaining about stuff. And that she's being bitchy all the time with me and she didn't understand it cause she's never done that before. And then she told me it's cause I never get phased by anything and get to be so calm and decisive she gets to relax, and basically be in her feminine.

It just keeps the spark on, the two poles that keep the sexual tension going. And it's great for my ego and sexual energy, and vice versa. It's not a view of women overall - I dump my emotional stuff on friends and family male or female. It's really awesome with the chick I mentioned, I truly believe we can be friends, I share everything, don't plan stuff, but the more I do the less I feel the raw sexual desire towards her. And vice versa.


I won't get into the discussion and semantics, doubt there's any point and this thread should be for specific personal stories rather than global discussions. Also don't get women being less feminine a wrong thing at all - just like a lot of men are a lot more feminine these days and there's nothing necessarily wrong with that either. Just saying this seems to be my preference right now between the two specific girls


I don't think possible to have a healthy "as friends" relationship with a women you, from time to time, feel attracted to or vice versa (she towards you). With the constant ups and down life gives you, you will find yourself immersed in uncomfortable situations more often than you may willing to deal with.
You have to think also that this is not only about you, and even if you find a way to deal with your emotions and passions properly, that doesn't mean she will function like you do even if you both agree on that.

If for instance, two years in the future, after suppressing any minimal thing that aroused you during this lapse, she finds herself in a mess, weak and needy, and makes a move on you. How can you deal with it without hurting her (blaming it on her is off limits of course, nor can you recall what you agreed on because it will hurt her, it is a given)?

You may also think that as today things are the way they are then next year will be the same, and you will be able to deal with things. But in the case you can't, will you distance yourself from her? How will she react?

One last thing, for me the most important, this inconsistent attraction you feel is just tied to physics or has it to do with intellectual?
If the latter I advise you to RUN FAST AND FAR AWAY. For me those are the hardest to have under control.
Prev 1 620 621 622 623 624 1068 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
MaxPax 362
OGKoka 254
Codebar 39
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 46798
Calm 4266
Shuttle 2139
Bisu 1631
FanTaSy 1500
Mini 935
EffOrt 644
Soma 640
Rush 501
Stork 329
[ Show more ]
Light 264
Hyuk 247
Snow 234
firebathero 227
actioN 188
ZerO 181
Dewaltoss 92
Zeus 81
Barracks 80
hero 70
Sea.KH 58
Killer 51
Shinee 39
ToSsGirL 38
Hyun 38
Pusan 34
Sharp 33
Bale 26
Free 24
Yoon 22
Shine 21
PianO 19
HiyA 17
Aegong 16
sorry 16
yabsab 14
zelot 14
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7108
Dendi1135
League of Legends
KnowMe33
Counter-Strike
x6flipin239
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes568
Lowko429
Other Games
singsing2248
hiko1854
B2W.Neo381
byalli270
Livibee218
Liquid`VortiX196
Hui .180
mouzStarbuck117
Mew2King61
Trikslyr42
Rex28
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV249
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV73
League of Legends
• Nemesis2500
Other Games
• Shiphtur337
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 4m
Replay Cast
7h 49m
OSC
1d 7h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 18h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.