• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:30
CEST 21:30
KST 04:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10836 users

Dating: How's your luck? - Page 621

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 619 620 621 622 623 1068 Next
We are extremely close to shutting down this thread for the same reasons the PUA thread was shut down. While some of the time this thread contains actual discussion with people asking help and people giving nice advice, it often gets derailed by rubbish that should not be here. The moderation team will be trying to steer this thread in a different direction from now on.

Posts of the following nature are banned:
1) ANYTHING regarding PUA. If your post contains the words 'alpha' or 'beta' or anything of that sort please don't hit post.
2) Stupid brags. You can tell us about your nice success stories with someone, but posts such as 'lol 50 Tinder matches' are a no-no.
3) Any misogynistic bullshit, including discussion about rape culture.
4) One night stands and random sex. These are basically brags that invariably devolve into gender role discussions and misogynistic comments.

Last chance, guys. This thread is for dating advice and sharing dating stories. While gender roles, sociocultural norms, and our biological imperative to reproduce are all tangentially related, these subjects are not the main purpose of the thread. Please AVOID these discussions. If you want to discuss them at length, go to PMs or start a blog. If you disagree with someone's ideologies, state that you disagree with them and why they won't work from a dating standpoint and move on. We will not tolerate any lengthy derailments that aren't directly about dating.
ttk
Profile Joined May 2015
United States3 Posts
May 22 2015 04:08 GMT
#12401
On May 22 2015 12:58 Najda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 22 2015 11:42 ttk wrote:
On May 22 2015 11:21 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On May 22 2015 11:19 ttk wrote:
Any tips for meeting girls?

I live in a suburby area (so not a city) and take classes at a local college. I find meeting girls to be incredibly hard and especially girls that are my age (20).


Perhaps in your classes? You'll already have a common interest, and can study/ get coffee together sometime?

Are you in the USA? Just asking because I guess you'd need to wait a year before you can meet girls at a bar/ club (although those are both great places if you can get in).

What else do you do in your spare time? Any hobbies that are outdoors or in a group (e.g., sports, gym) can increase your chance of meeting girls.

There's also online dating, but I have zero experience with that.


I'm an engineering major so of the small amount of girls in my classes are either taken or not that interesting.

I haven't played sports in about a year and the gym I go to is pretty vacant because I go during lunch. I've been tempted to try one of the 'adult' sports leagues but it looks like it's filled with people who are 30+ or older. When I look around online for groups for younger people all I can find are semi-pro leagues which is not what I'm interested.


Does your school have any recreational sports leagues or other group activities you'd be interested in joining?


I was going to say no because it's only a small local college but I'm pretty sure there are some activities posted but I'll need to check.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
May 22 2015 04:26 GMT
#12402
The reality is that being a 20 year old male in the real world (as opposed to secluded on a coed campus) sucks for most people. On the bright side your dating potential should only continue to go up as you age.
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
evilfatsh1t
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia8929 Posts
May 22 2015 05:45 GMT
#12403
yeah i turned 22 this year and im in my 2nd year at my full time job. i work 60+ hrs a week and im finding it extremely difficult to meet a new girl, let alone a girl which actually suits my tastes (im korean so im looking for a korean girl. i live in australia though)
i think at some point you just have to accept that unless you get REALLY lucky or you make a huge amount of effort to go out of your way to meet people, youre not gonna get in a relationship as most people in your age group are still going to school or have their own social circle which they have no reason to branch out from yet.
LemOn
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United Kingdom8629 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-22 09:20:41
May 22 2015 09:15 GMT
#12404
On May 22 2015 11:50 GreenHorizons wrote:
Another option is finding a girl that you think you would be interesting in being friends with and hope she has friends she can introduce you to.

Do you have experience with this? I've never really had a female friend (engineering school, low amount of GFs) but it'd be awesome talking about sex, meeting her friends, and picking up girls must be a lot easier with a good looking friend at your side?
I always assumed it'd be weird when either one is single, or your relationships aren't working out and sooner or later you'd want to pork each other. So I never really had a proper female friend.
Much is the father figure that I miss in my life. Go Daddy! DoC.LemOn, LemOn[5thF]
LemOn
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United Kingdom8629 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-22 09:22:24
May 22 2015 09:19 GMT
#12405
On May 22 2015 13:26 IgnE wrote:
The reality is that being a 20 year old male in the real world (as opposed to secluded on a coed campus) sucks for most people. On the bright side your dating potential should only continue to go up as you age.

Hahaha I'd love to be 20 all over again this is so bizzare to read :D

As someone mentioned, get out of your way to meet people - just saying hello to random strangers is a great start, or just walking up to a person and telling them you're getting over social anxiety so you came over to chat.
Eventually you break out of your comfort zone and meet other people, including girls. You're 20, you've got nothing to lose and you'll use this so much in your later life it's insane
Much is the father figure that I miss in my life. Go Daddy! DoC.LemOn, LemOn[5thF]
God Killer v2
Profile Joined March 2015
United States434 Posts
May 22 2015 19:47 GMT
#12406
On May 22 2015 08:42 LemOn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 22 2015 06:29 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On May 22 2015 06:19 God Killer v2 wrote:
Just got a date this Saturday, hope I don't screw it up


Haha hopefully not! What are you two doing on this date?

Good creative date ideas btw?

Oh right I didn't check back, we're going to see Avengers-->bowling-->wasting time in the mall-->ice cream. Nothing too mindblowing/special lol
DARSHAN??? --GO C9 GO CLG GO KOO--
mecrotq
Profile Joined June 2013
Canada121 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-23 01:36:56
May 23 2015 01:13 GMT
#12407
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46503 Posts
May 23 2015 01:14 GMT
#12408
On May 23 2015 04:47 God Killer v2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 22 2015 08:42 LemOn wrote:
On May 22 2015 06:29 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On May 22 2015 06:19 God Killer v2 wrote:
Just got a date this Saturday, hope I don't screw it up


Haha hopefully not! What are you two doing on this date?

Good creative date ideas btw?

Oh right I didn't check back, we're going to see Avengers-->bowling-->wasting time in the mall-->ice cream. Nothing too mindblowing/special lol


Good luck Avengers was awesome
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46503 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-23 01:57:36
May 23 2015 01:18 GMT
#12409
Edit: mecrotq and I are PMing about his relationship and he asked me to kindly remove the conversation from the thread posts, so I am
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
mecrotq
Profile Joined June 2013
Canada121 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-23 01:37:10
May 23 2015 01:22 GMT
#12410
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46503 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-23 01:57:43
May 23 2015 01:25 GMT
#12411
Edit: mecrotq and I are PMing about his relationship and he asked me to kindly remove the conversation from the thread posts, so I am
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
mecrotq
Profile Joined June 2013
Canada121 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-23 01:37:40
May 23 2015 01:27 GMT
#12412
mecrotq
Profile Joined June 2013
Canada121 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-23 01:37:25
May 23 2015 01:29 GMT
#12413
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46503 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-23 01:57:50
May 23 2015 01:31 GMT
#12414
Edit: mecrotq and I are PMing about his relationship and he asked me to kindly remove the conversation from the thread posts, so I am
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46503 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-23 01:57:55
May 23 2015 01:32 GMT
#12415
Edit: mecrotq and I are PMing about his relationship and he asked me to kindly remove the conversation from the thread posts, so I am
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
mecrotq
Profile Joined June 2013
Canada121 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-23 01:36:41
May 23 2015 01:33 GMT
#12416
mecrotq
Profile Joined June 2013
Canada121 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-23 01:36:30
May 23 2015 01:35 GMT
#12417
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46503 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-23 01:58:01
May 23 2015 01:37 GMT
#12418
Edit: mecrotq and I are PMing about his relationship and he asked me to kindly remove the conversation from the thread posts, so I am
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
May 23 2015 06:51 GMT
#12419
What a let down after seeing 12 new posts in the thread.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46503 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-23 13:22:35
May 23 2015 13:20 GMT
#12420
On May 23 2015 15:51 Najda wrote:
What a let down after seeing 12 new posts in the thread.


Sorry ^^;; Don't worry though; the public conversation in the thread wasn't nearly as juicy as the PMs haha.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Prev 1 619 620 621 622 623 1068 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 629
ProTech132
UpATreeSC 119
JuggernautJason65
Nina 45
MindelVK 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 29313
Calm 2834
Mini 146
firebathero 128
Dewaltoss 103
soO 45
HiyA 27
Hyun 26
Bale 23
NaDa 20
[ Show more ]
Aegong 19
PianO 19
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8497
XaKoH 298
canceldota2
League of Legends
Doublelift256
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1598
fl0m1480
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu671
Other Games
FrodaN2254
B2W.Neo583
Beastyqt581
mouzStarbuck312
Livibee183
ToD182
KnowMe146
C9.Mang0128
Trikslyr115
RotterdaM99
Mew2King47
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 60
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki32
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1130
• Shiphtur784
• WagamamaTV234
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 46m
Replay Cast
3h 31m
OSC
1d 3h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 14h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.