• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:31
CEST 00:31
KST 07:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9130 users

Headphone enthusiast thread! - Page 193

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 191 192 193 194 195 244 Next
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
September 16 2012 20:01 GMT
#3841
On September 17 2012 04:24 EndofCreation wrote:
I was thinking Skullcandy Roc Nation Aviators to buy for about 200$ i hear many good things about it!

Please don't, you could seriously do better for that price.
liftlift > tsm
EndofCreation
Profile Joined May 2012
85 Posts
September 16 2012 20:14 GMT
#3842
If you feel i could get much better feel free to suggest
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
September 16 2012 20:18 GMT
#3843
On September 17 2012 05:14 EndofCreation wrote:
If you feel i could get much better feel free to suggest

Depends what you're looking for, I'm loving my Sennheiser HD280 pro's, only 80 bucks~, but they're a bit too neutral for my taste. I prefer a more warm, slightly defined bass sound. Just some brands to check out, Sony (with their MDR lineup), V-moda, Sennheiser, Grado sr60i, etc etc. Generally speaking you want to avoid super name brand stuff, like skullcandy, beats, bose, etc etc. they charge a lot just for the name.

head-fi has a lot of reviews on headphones, and I've always found their reviews to be pretty accurate.
liftlift > tsm
EndofCreation
Profile Joined May 2012
85 Posts
September 16 2012 20:23 GMT
#3844
Im looking for something that can play music without any background noise etc, and able to play some nice powerful songs/music ie powerful classical music quick paced rap and metal. Anything that can accommodate this under 200$ would be great!
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-17 03:57:48
September 16 2012 21:03 GMT
#3845
How loud of background noise are we talking about? like ambient noise like bird chirps, and small talk? or like vacuum loud? because there are headphones that have noise cancellation, but those are much more expensive, and affect the sound quality. Your best bet is probably just to find headphones that have nice natural noise isolation.'

Aviators are good, but not great for price. you could definitely save 50 bucks going with similar quality headphones.
liftlift > tsm
EndofCreation
Profile Joined May 2012
85 Posts
September 17 2012 00:59 GMT
#3846
just average day sounds like people on the bus, music in the gym etc
Nopileus
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany27 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-17 01:05:38
September 17 2012 01:05 GMT
#3847
The Skullcandy Aviators are actually said to be quite good, read this one

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/skullcandy-roc-nation-aviator
EndofCreation
Profile Joined May 2012
85 Posts
September 17 2012 01:19 GMT
#3848
Exactly what i though about it, but i want some peoples opinion on it im not much of a headphone guy
Nopileus
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany27 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-17 05:18:02
September 17 2012 05:16 GMT
#3849
Take a look at Sennheiser HD-25 II

Indestructible and isolate well, they are pretty forward sounding, great for Rock and Metal if that is what you are after.
Don't know how much those are where you are from though.

If they have to look good just go with the Skullcandys and see if they suit your needs.
Aphasie
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Norway474 Posts
September 17 2012 05:42 GMT
#3850
EndofCreation;

I've been using the Grado SR-60i's for about a year and a half now, and can attest to their quality for their price. However if you are looking for something to wear outside I would never go for those. Their noise reductions is next to nothing and their jack is grossly oversized for being in a pocket.

If you're looking for something wear outside, im very happy with my IEM's Shure 425. They're maybe a bit pricey, but their little brother SE315 is well withing your range. Though they have no noise reduction, the fit of the ear-bud makes it so that you dont hear anything save a terrorist attack. (Maybe a bit exaggarated, but I seldom to never have a problem with outside noise)
Roadog
Profile Joined May 2012
Canada1670 Posts
September 17 2012 05:54 GMT
#3851
I'm looking for a good sub-$200 IEM for on-the-go listening. I listen to mainly electronic genres of music, and I want a set with a bright sound and powerful bass. Is there even a good set with those two together?

I mean, I really don't mind my Klipsch Image S4s, it's just the lukewarm reviews among the enthusiasts, more or less.
sOs fan. Zerg just seem to have the most...potential. Dubbo Robo Colo! Why I play Protoss: Stalkers, bacon, toilets and mama -- Chelsea FC
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
September 17 2012 06:01 GMT
#3852
I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure when you're going for IEM's that are that expensive, it's almost mandatory to have an amp to go with them. So keep that in mind.
liftlift > tsm
Rollin
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia1552 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-18 13:10:17
September 18 2012 13:09 GMT
#3853
On September 17 2012 09:59 EndofCreation wrote:
just average day sounds like people on the bus, music in the gym etc

Buses are quite loud, you should be looking for iems or noise cancelling headphones. Both have their disadvantages, but personally I would never ever get noise cancelling headphones for recreational use.

Closed headphones just don't cut it for buses/trains... I know from experience.
Throw off those chains of reason, and your prison disappears. | Check your posting frequency timeline: http://www.teamliquid.net/mytlnet/post_activity_img.php
EndofCreation
Profile Joined May 2012
85 Posts
September 18 2012 15:24 GMT
#3854
So ive pretty much decided to get Beats Pro since they fit everything i would want in a headphone, its over the ear durable good sound and beautiful! thanks for the advice though
Exoteric
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia2330 Posts
September 18 2012 15:33 GMT
#3855
On September 17 2012 14:54 Roadog wrote:
I'm looking for a good sub-$200 IEM for on-the-go listening. I listen to mainly electronic genres of music, and I want a set with a bright sound and powerful bass. Is there even a good set with those two together?

I mean, I really don't mind my Klipsch Image S4s, it's just the lukewarm reviews among the enthusiasts, more or less.


Try the ultimate ears triple fi 10. It's got a v-shaped sound. Alternatively, you could get the vsonic gr07, which has more of a neutral sound but is probably one of the best iems you can buy under $200.
hell is other people
Smooth17
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada15 Posts
September 18 2012 15:59 GMT
#3856
Hey guys.

I recently broke my Sennheiser PC-350 Gaming headset. I really liked this headset, but I can't say that I loved it.

I'm looking into a new headset now, and the one I keep turning my eye towards is the B&W P5.

I have a B&W Zepplin air and I am in love with it.

I had a listen to a pair of P5s in future shop and I absolutely loved the sound, the thing I'm worried about is that they lay flat on your ears as opposed to all around, I'm worried they won't be as comfortable for extended playing. I do love that unlike the Sennheiser's I can take this with me travelling or to work as they look so much better and are much smaller.

What do you experts think about the P5s? Anything else I should be looking into in this range ~300

Thanks!
The key to immortality is living a life worth remembering.
uriel-
Profile Joined August 2007
Singapore1867 Posts
September 18 2012 15:59 GMT
#3857
On September 19 2012 00:24 EndofCreation wrote:
So ive pretty much decided to get Beats Pro since they fit everything i would want in a headphone, its over the ear durable good sound and beautiful! thanks for the advice though


So it comes to this =(
RawrAnOcean
Profile Joined February 2006
United States359 Posts
September 18 2012 16:13 GMT
#3858
I'm back in the market for a new headphone. This time with requirements instead of just the best headphones.

-Require a mic. The better the mic, the better the headphones.
-IEMs with decent noise isolation. I want to use this with my motorcycle for highway riding to block wind noise. Also to play music on low volumes and hear them well so I can still hear horns.
-Durable. Since these will be my portable headphones, I will most likely use them for lifting and running.
-Non fatiguing. A little bit of warmth though won't hurt. Something along the lines of the Brainwavz M2 with less bass.
-Ideally under $100

I own Denon D2000, VSonic GR07, Brainwavz M2 as my primary headphones. Listen to mostly top 40 and country. Right now the Klipsch S4A look like decent ones, but I haven't heard them in a long time. My brother's beats have a great mic, but those headphones are a rip off sound quality wise. Any advice?
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
September 18 2012 16:16 GMT
#3859
On September 19 2012 00:24 EndofCreation wrote:
So ive pretty much decided to get Beats Pro since they fit everything i would want in a headphone, its over the ear durable good sound and beautiful! thanks for the advice though

They sound awful -_-. All they have going for them is they look good.

Why are you doing this to yourself to look like a cool person when you're walking on the street. Get good sound. -_-
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
gosublade
Profile Joined May 2011
632 Posts
September 18 2012 16:23 GMT
#3860
Just tried on the Beats.. I went on the bash bandwagon even before, because I'm a hipster like that.. but now.. when I tried them on and lisened to actual music from them.. are you fking kidding me??? The comfort and sound quality levels were below any reasonable standards... I thought they AT LEAST match my previous Creative Fatal1ty quality(which is 5th the price of beats).. but man was I wrong.

Speaking of the price.. I just cant wrap my head around what a scam this brand is. Speechless
Not even death can save you from me.
Prev 1 191 192 193 194 195 244 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O156
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason105
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1054
ZZZero.O 156
Bale 20
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm115
League of Legends
Doublelift5042
JimRising 641
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5847
Other Games
summit1g8761
FrodaN3188
KnowMe221
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1207
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie991
• Shiphtur181
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
29m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 29m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
12h 29m
Monday Night Weeklies
17h 29m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 12h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.