• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:10
CEST 04:10
KST 11:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8935 users

[Poll] Best Mouse? - Page 8

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 15 Next All
Jlab
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States217 Posts
April 01 2010 20:51 GMT
#141
My mouse got here rtoday (REALLY FAST shipping) its a LMO and i am EXTREMELY happy with the quality of this mouse. Based on the mouse alone the things i like are: The scroll wheel - you can distinctly tell how many notches you are scrolling, The grip - It almost forces you to use a Claw grip (maybe fingertip) and it just feels comfortable with that grip. and the buttons depress very quickly and its just an awesome mouse.
Vynakros
Profile Joined March 2010
Slovenia63 Posts
April 02 2010 17:24 GMT
#142
Just bought a Razer Lachesis, and I'm really satisfied with the feel of the mouse. I'd like to know one thing though - do you guys use any special mouse pads and, if you own one, do you consider it a waste of money or a good buy i.e. the 50€ Razer mouse pads? I'm currently using my mouse on a wooden surface, which has the typically marbled woody look to it, and I see my cursor skip from time to time. Is that due to the marbled surface or is that a hardware flaw?
Gridlock
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United Kingdom517 Posts
April 02 2010 17:45 GMT
#143
On March 29 2010 23:38 Day[9] wrote:
Although razer products are REALLY amazing, the diamondback causes carpal tunnel. I'd go with some of their newer models for the shape.


Is it purely the mouse or also uber long gaming sessions that would get you CT with any mouse?
NeVeR
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
1352 Posts
April 02 2010 17:48 GMT
#144
logitech mini for brood war
razer krait for sc2
[Silverflame]
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany640 Posts
April 02 2010 17:51 GMT
#145
Logitech G9
Fav P Stork / Fav T Fantasy / Fav Z Hoejja
Jlab
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States217 Posts
April 02 2010 20:16 GMT
#146
On April 03 2010 02:24 Vynakros wrote:
Just bought a Razer Lachesis, and I'm really satisfied with the feel of the mouse. I'd like to know one thing though - do you guys use any special mouse pads and, if you own one, do you consider it a waste of money or a good buy i.e. the 50€ Razer mouse pads? I'm currently using my mouse on a wooden surface, which has the typically marbled woody look to it, and I see my cursor skip from time to time. Is that due to the marbled surface or is that a hardware flaw?

My guess (educated guess) would be that its the wooden surface.
Personally i have a cloth mousepad and i don't think its bad at all. Many people have the Exactmat (my friend has one) but i don't know that it matters too much.
danbel1005
Profile Joined February 2008
United States1319 Posts
April 02 2010 20:26 GMT
#147
Razer Lachesis

[image loading]
"EE HAN TIMING" Jaedong vs Stork [22 December, 2007] 2set @ Finals EVER OSL.
Vynakros
Profile Joined March 2010
Slovenia63 Posts
April 02 2010 22:25 GMT
#148
On April 03 2010 05:16 Jlab wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2010 02:24 Vynakros wrote:
Just bought a Razer Lachesis, and I'm really satisfied with the feel of the mouse. I'd like to know one thing though - do you guys use any special mouse pads and, if you own one, do you consider it a waste of money or a good buy i.e. the 50€ Razer mouse pads? I'm currently using my mouse on a wooden surface, which has the typically marbled woody look to it, and I see my cursor skip from time to time. Is that due to the marbled surface or is that a hardware flaw?

My guess (educated guess) would be that its the wooden surface.
Personally i have a cloth mousepad and i don't think its bad at all. Many people have the Exactmat (my friend has one) but i don't know that it matters too much.


Thanks for the feedback! I'll test it out and see how it performs.
Perseverance
Profile Joined February 2010
Japan2800 Posts
April 02 2010 23:48 GMT
#149
Always been a logitech fan!
<3 Moonbattles
abrasion
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia722 Posts
April 05 2010 11:59 GMT
#150
On March 30 2010 15:22 ShadowDrgn wrote:
I used an MX510 for nearly 10 years and thought it was the best mouse ever. The thing is so old you can barely recognize the Logitech logo, and the paint has peeled off in multiple places. I picked up a Salmosa for $20 on a whim last year, and I absolutely love it. So much so that I can't believe I used an MX510 for an entire decade without ever trying out new mice. The MX510 is just so bulky and cumbersome in comparison. If you think your MX518 is a super awesome gaming mouse, it might be because you don't know any better.



This is very true.
The Salmosa is a breath of fresh air for fingertip gamers with short fingers.
I railed on Razer heavily and angrily across the internets about 2 years ago when I purchased the copperhead because it's for fingertip gamers! only to find the thing was far far too goddamned long, it's a huge mouse due to it's length :/

The Salmosa regular (haven't tried mini) is amazing for someone with small hands and who is a fingertip gamer. Conssidering I have such small hands, it would've been better if I was a palmer but that's just how it is, I need a very small mouse.
MX518 is bad in my opinion.

What I do need though is a small mouse with many buttons for FPS games, I currently have this.
http://images.google.com/images?q=microsoft intellimouse optical -explorer symmetrical&hl=en but I'd like something more modern, possibly even smaller and with another button on the left for my thumb. (I've been considering the Xai but goddamn it's expensive)
derpmods
s.a.y
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Croatia3840 Posts
April 05 2010 12:07 GMT
#151
intellimouse.

I am not good with quotes
Fosh
Profile Joined January 2009
Sweden117 Posts
April 05 2010 12:34 GMT
#152
I'm using the G500, its a pretty good update of the G5.
emucxg
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Finland4559 Posts
April 05 2010 12:54 GMT
#153
Logitech G1 / G3 got my vote
cognizantfire
Profile Joined March 2010
Hong Kong77 Posts
April 05 2010 13:13 GMT
#154
I'm using the Logitech Mini Optical Plus, it's an updated version of the Logitech Mini Optical. It's amazing, with higher DPI and super smooth control.
Puosu
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
7086 Posts
April 05 2010 13:17 GMT
#155
On April 05 2010 22:13 cognizantfire wrote:
I'm using the Logitech Mini Optical Plus, it's an updated version of the Logitech Mini Optical. It's amazing, with higher DPI and super smooth control.

It's in no way connected to the LMO known to SC players, its just smaller so its "mini plus". The shape is pretty terrible when I used it a few years ago and afaik. it does have 400 dpi and just as terrible sensor as the LMO.
KrAzYfoOL
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Australia3037 Posts
April 05 2010 13:18 GMT
#156
On April 05 2010 22:17 Puosu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2010 22:13 cognizantfire wrote:
I'm using the Logitech Mini Optical Plus, it's an updated version of the Logitech Mini Optical. It's amazing, with higher DPI and super smooth control.

It's in no way connected to the LMO known to SC players, its just smaller so its "mini plus". The shape is pretty terrible when I used it a few years ago and afaik. it does have 400 dpi and just as terrible sensor as the LMO.


It has 800 dpi
It's better to burn out than to fade away
aiyeeta
Profile Joined June 2007
United States199 Posts
April 05 2010 13:31 GMT
#157
I've used the Death Adder, Diamondback, Lachesis, MX518, and the Intellimouse 3.0. ...and the Naga.

I loved the Intellimouse 3.0, and I loved it a lot. Unfortunately, they saw fit to make the 4.0 and drop the 3.0. I died a little inside. I used that mouse until the day it died and still keep it's corpse within arm's reach of my computer, just so I never forget it's gaming glory.

MX518 was my next mouse of choice, and I've been recommending that mouse ever since. It has a really comfortable grip due to it's surprisingly large size. My only complaint ever was button number 8 sitting too far back behind the scroll wheel, I never used it.

The Razer products seem to be designed to fit different hand gripping styles, and always bothered my hand a bit, especially the way they prefer "dead space" between parts of your hand and the mouse. I use a more resting position on my mice, so I prefer a mouse designed for such. Though, I have to admit, the Naga has a whole crap top of buttons on the side. I like buttons, a lot. So I scooped up the shiny for my current rig, but still keep my MX518 on standby.

BTW, the Naga is too small... I expected a 17 button mouse not to leave half my hand off the back. Gives it a nice pivot point, but stresses my arm a bit because of it.
"...And that was the first time I got crabs"
RamenStyle
Profile Joined September 2004
United States1929 Posts
April 05 2010 13:36 GMT
#158
I voted mini optical. Shame it is out of production and so hard to find any stock of it these days.
Ursad0n
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States523 Posts
April 05 2010 14:11 GMT
#159
On April 05 2010 22:36 RamenStyle wrote:
I voted mini optical. Shame it is out of production and so hard to find any stock of it these days.

Target.com
or amazon.com
those are the best and easiest places to find LMO
You make it sound like there's a correlation between what should happen and what actually happens. I mean, life is chaotic and it's often unfair. I know it is for me.
JSH
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4109 Posts
April 05 2010 14:36 GMT
#160
the only mouse I ever used to play SC

[image loading]


only image I could fine lol

On serious note I want to try the logitech mini optical
"It's called a miracle because it doesn't happen" - Just like my chances of reaching C- on ICCUP
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 202
NeuroSwarm 148
FoxeR 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1030
Leta 616
Bale 83
League of Legends
Doublelift4156
Other Games
summit1g8616
JimRising 536
ViBE198
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick672
BasetradeTV201
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 100
• Light_VIP 12
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1086
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 50m
Patches Events
12h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 50m
OSC
20h 50m
OSC
1d 9h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.