• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:12
CEST 09:12
KST 16:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9680 users

[Poll] Best Mouse? - Page 7

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 15 Next All
a176
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada6688 Posts
March 30 2010 06:28 GMT
#121
MX700 all time greatest mouse ever.
starleague forever
HeartOfTofu
Profile Joined December 2009
United States308 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-30 15:51:32
March 30 2010 14:47 GMT
#122
On March 30 2010 15:22 ShadowDrgn wrote:
I used an MX510 for nearly 10 years and thought it was the best mouse ever. The thing is so old you can barely recognize the Logitech logo, and the paint has peeled off in multiple places. I picked up a Salmosa for $20 on a whim last year, and I absolutely love it. So much so that I can't believe I used an MX510 for an entire decade without ever trying out new mice. The MX510 is just so bulky and cumbersome in comparison. If you think your MX518 is a super awesome gaming mouse, it might be because you don't know any better.


Well, the "bulky and cumbersome" feeling would fall into personal comfort. I know some people who actually liked the weight of the old wireless mice with the AA batteries inside. Of course with the wireless mice, an argument can be made that they are less suitable because of their latency (especially for older models), but when it really comes down to it I can't help but feel that wired mice started to reach their limits even before the release of the 518... Of course the 518 is still an optical mouse and we've had laser mice released since then, but I've yet to hear about significant and appreciable strides made in actual performance. It feels like the focus lately has been more on ergonomics and features (like adjustable weights or grips) than on things like DPI and tracking, maybe because mouse manufacturers realize that a very small percentage of people actually turn their mouse DPI to the 1600 mark and above so there's little point or little room left for improvement that could really be felt...

Of course people naturally gravitate toward the latest products when it's time to buy new peripherals, but I think sometimes we need to sit back and ask ourselves how much better they actually are. Of course this isn't to say that ergonomics and comfort aren't important, but mainly to point out that ergonomics is not something you could objectively point out as being better or worse for all people. Truth be told, I feel like more progress has been made in recent years in the field of mouse pads than mice themselves... All this being said, of course I will certainly try out some of the newer mice when the time comes, but I will find it hard to justify spending an extra $30 or so if the only real difference I can notice while using it is the shape (unless that shape is somehow significantly more comfortable) or some extra buttons...

I would actually be curious to know how many votes a mouse like the MX310 would have gotten since it's even more common and few people would probably notice a real difference between that and the 518...
I like to asphixiate myself while covered in liquid latex... Do you?
FeeL_ThE_RusH
Profile Joined February 2010
Ireland227 Posts
March 30 2010 15:28 GMT
#123
Logitech mx300 greatest mouse of all time, followed closely by G3 which is almost the same design... for left-handers ¬_¬
#starcraft.ie on Quakenet, Irish SC2ers assemble
Nao
Profile Joined October 2008
Poland166 Posts
March 30 2010 15:45 GMT
#124
Voting for Salmosa since there is only one better mouse for me, and it isn't on the list: the Razer Abyssus! . ( i actually think it's almost the same mouse anyways so no big deal here)

also for SC LMO was great, as were good old Logi MX310
One cannot out-kwanro Kwanro. -Trap
asdfTT123
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States989 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-30 17:59:22
March 30 2010 17:56 GMT
#125
Woot...found a G3 for $30 and decided to jump on it. For some reason I love to hoard computer peripherals. We'll see if this mouse can dethrone the Mini Optical, but I have strong doubts...

For anyone who owns both, can you compare the handling, and clicking noise of the two?
n.Die_Jaedong <3
FortuneSyn
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
1826 Posts
March 30 2010 18:15 GMT
#126
This poll is giving us what mouse do you use own, not what mouse you think is best >.>

I haven't actually tried any of those mouses except for salmosa, so i chose salmosa.
HeartOfTofu
Profile Joined December 2009
United States308 Posts
March 30 2010 19:23 GMT
#127
On March 31 2010 03:15 FortuneSyn wrote:
This poll is giving us what mouse do you use own, not what mouse you think is best >.>

I haven't actually tried any of those mouses except for salmosa, so i chose salmosa.


It's pretty natural since mice tend to be a long term investment for people. I can't think of a whole lot of people who spend enough time trying out 20 different mice to see which one is actually best. Generally people will do a little bit of research and just buy one and stick with it unless the one they buy is really horrible. Especially when it comes to gaming peripherals, where being accustomed to your peripheral is a key point to consistent performance, it does no good to constantly be swapping your equipment.
I like to asphixiate myself while covered in liquid latex... Do you?
Durak
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada3685 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-30 19:54:50
March 30 2010 19:26 GMT
#128
On March 30 2010 15:22 ShadowDrgn wrote:
I used an MX510 for nearly 10 years and thought it was the best mouse ever. The thing is so old you can barely recognize the Logitech logo, and the paint has peeled off in multiple places. I picked up a Salmosa for $20 on a whim last year, and I absolutely love it. So much so that I can't believe I used an MX510 for an entire decade without ever trying out new mice. The MX510 is just so bulky and cumbersome in comparison. If you think your MX518 is a super awesome gaming mouse, it might be because you don't know any better.


I'm still using my MX510. My hand is pretty big. How big is your hand and how do you hold the Salmosa?

Edit: I lied, it's an MX500. They're basically the same though.
SichuanPanda
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada1542 Posts
March 30 2010 19:36 GMT
#129
Been using the Copperhead for just over two years now, 2000 DPI is more than fast enough to get to where you need to be quickly, but low enough that accuracy doesn't go out the window. I've never once had the mouse skip, or get stuck while playing. I'm looking at picking up a new Razer mouse sometime in the near future, most likely the Salmosa. I gave up on wireless mice a long time ago, and I do not intend to go back, I'm sitting AT my computer, I'm not really sure why the cord is bothersome.
i-bonjwa
REDBLUEGREEN
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Germany1904 Posts
March 30 2010 19:38 GMT
#130
I'm using my MX500 since 6 or 7 years. Everyone complaints that it is so heavy but I like it that way
briann
Profile Joined December 2009
United States121 Posts
March 30 2010 19:39 GMT
#131
loving my g9x although its not for everyone. also its not that good for the price but it was a gift so cant complain
danbel1005
Profile Joined February 2008
United States1319 Posts
March 30 2010 19:54 GMT
#132
Best Ever

[image loading]
"EE HAN TIMING" Jaedong vs Stork [22 December, 2007] 2set @ Finals EVER OSL.
RaiZ
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
2813 Posts
March 30 2010 20:25 GMT
#133
Holy fucking shit... This mouse is brillant x)
What would have happened to the controller if nintendo actually designed this in the first place ? Oh god...
Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth. Oscar Wilde
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
March 30 2010 20:30 GMT
#134
As a multimonitor high resolution user and user of a wrist pad i use the g9 for everything mostly becuase it's great outside of gaming more so then it is inside of gaming it's not like i'll use two mice one for productivity and one for gaming.
404.Delirium
Profile Joined May 2008
United States1190 Posts
March 30 2010 20:38 GMT
#135
Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical!
seriously next disrespectful comment in this blog is ip ban. Be happy or get the hell out. // SC2 is like playing with neutral-colored Play-Doh while BW is like colorful Legos.
lokiM
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States3407 Posts
March 30 2010 20:53 GMT
#136
mini optical or salmosa
You can't fight the feeling.
Jlab
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States217 Posts
March 30 2010 21:06 GMT
#137
On March 31 2010 05:38 404.Delirium wrote:
Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical!

No offense but i HATE that mouse haha.
KrAzYfoOL
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Australia3037 Posts
March 30 2010 21:51 GMT
#138
On March 30 2010 15:22 ShadowDrgn wrote:
I used an MX510 for nearly 10 years and thought it was the best mouse ever. The thing is so old you can barely recognize the Logitech logo, and the paint has peeled off in multiple places. I picked up a Salmosa for $20 on a whim last year, and I absolutely love it. So much so that I can't believe I used an MX510 for an entire decade without ever trying out new mice. The MX510 is just so bulky and cumbersome in comparison. If you think your MX518 is a super awesome gaming mouse, it might be because you don't know any better.


What if the person that thinks the mx518 is a super awesome gaming mouse filtered through the Salmosa and a myriad of other popular mice?
It's better to burn out than to fade away
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
March 30 2010 21:55 GMT
#139
mx300
Moderator<:3-/-<
RaNgeD
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States733 Posts
March 30 2010 21:56 GMT
#140
My vote: Logitech G9x
Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. 1 Corinthians 13:7
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 1117
BeSt 289
sorry 107
Soma 90
Soulkey 71
Mind 65
Bale 25
ZergMaN 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm191
League of Legends
JimRising 611
Other Games
summit1g9321
Coldzera 713
WinterStarcraft703
C9.Mang0234
Sick189
febbydoto10
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick684
BasetradeTV208
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2222
Other Games
• Shiphtur712
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
2h 48m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
4h 48m
AI Arena Tournament
9h 48m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
11h 48m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.