• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:59
CEST 01:59
KST 08:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War375.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7833 users

[Poll] Best Mouse? - Page 5

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14 15 Next All
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
March 29 2010 22:17 GMT
#81
So far I like my Salmosa best. Other mice are very close though.
I used a MX518 for quite a while and still have one on my other system, but nowadays I prefer smaller mice.
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
Klapdout
Profile Joined August 2007
United States282 Posts
March 29 2010 22:40 GMT
#82
On March 30 2010 06:22 Day[9] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2010 23:46 Kaboo wrote:
On March 29 2010 23:38 Day[9] wrote:
Although razer products are REALLY amazing, the diamondback causes carpal tunnel. I'd go with some of their newer models for the shape.


Hey, I'm a big fan! Brown-nosing aside, do you know why that specific model is causing CTS?


Therefore, I'm now a big Kaboo fan! :D

I think it's the fact that the back of the mouse pushes into the palm just under the knuckles. This has given me SO much ache and pain buuu. I love razer a ton though. Their products are THE best gaming mouses out there as far as I'm concerned. I'm going to replace my diamondback at some point with another razer product


Its funny you say that, I've recently replaced my death adder due to causing me wrist pain, and it also puts pressure on the same area of my palm. Which is unfortunate because the mouse tracks flawlessly.

Tried replacing it with a xai, lol that thing is bad... so many technical problems I had to send it back for a refund. It has a ton of positive acceleration, the mwheelup/down randomly activate while the mouse is being used(in FPS's these tend to be auto-bound to switch weapon, which is how I noticed it), and the mouse is useless on a cloth pad, it collects lint over the laser and causes extreme tracking problems. I googled each of these problems as they came up to see if it was just a bad mouse, but alas, it seems many many people have the same exact issues with the xai. Which is unfortunate as the xai fits my hand better than any mouse I've ever used.

Replaced the xai with a Razer Imperator, research showed the mouse had a big z-axes tracking problem, but no other notable issues so I gave it a shot. First thing I did was test the z-axes problem, and it really isnt a big deal, whenever I pick up the mouse it moves like an inch to the bottom right, I don't play low sens games where this would be an issue for me. For the first two days of owning the mouse it had a bad tracking problem where if the mouse would sit and rest for a minute before being used again, it would 'wander'. As in when I go to click on a button/icon as soon as I stop moving the mouse it continued to move straight down every time about an inch. I started an RMA process when the problem just went away on its own after 2 days, I've had flawless x-y tracking since.

I've become a pretty big fan of the imperator, causes no wrist pain, tracks excellent(unless you pick it up) and it fits my hand great for both palm, and claw grip (I switch grips based on what I'm doing in game never even noticed it until people started all this mouse grip talk) I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a right handed ergonomic mouse.
cgrinker
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3824 Posts
March 29 2010 22:46 GMT
#83
You ever see that episode of South Park where Wendy takes Stan to the meeting where the girls make all of those lists?
Navi
Profile Joined November 2009
5286 Posts
March 29 2010 22:53 GMT
#84
On March 30 2010 07:03 CagedMind wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On March 30 2010 06:22 Day[9] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2010 23:46 Kaboo wrote:
On March 29 2010 23:38 Day[9] wrote:
Although razer products are REALLY amazing, the diamondback causes carpal tunnel. I'd go with some of their newer models for the shape.


Hey, I'm a big fan! Brown-nosing aside, do you know why that specific model is causing CTS?


Therefore, I'm now a big Kaboo fan! :D

I think it's the fact that the back of the mouse pushes into the palm just under the knuckles. This has given me SO much ache and pain buuu. I love razer a ton though. Their products are THE best gaming mouses out there as far as I'm concerned. I'm going to replace my diamondback at some point with another razer product



Seeing that your using a mouse that you claim is causing yourself cts. Kinda contradicts the image of day9 being smart. Just saying.


he's saying that it causes him cts, and that he knows it. And thus, despite the positives of the diamondback (and razer products in general) he is going to replace it.

does that mean he's dumb? i don't think so...
Hey! Listen!
RaiZ
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
2813 Posts
March 29 2010 23:03 GMT
#85
I've tried :
- Logitech :
Mini Optical
Mousewhell Optical (exactly the same as G1)
MX5XX

- Razer :
Diamondback
Copperhead
Krait
Deathadder

- Microsoft :
Intellimouse (i don't remember which one, it was one of the first optical microsoft mice)


I'm a palm user. So far my favorite : mx500 (the intellimouse is a very close one too)
The Steelserie kinzu seems really really nice judging from the pic...

And finally at the very least : all of the razer mice. You read it right. I'm not a logitech or microsoft fanboy or whatever but all of the razer mice annoyed me to no end. The least annoying was the deathadder but it already broke in like 3 month. Since then i've been replacing it with the mx510.
I'm not sure if the razer's users have actually tried the others mice. Pretty surprised at the result tbh...
Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth. Oscar Wilde
minus_human
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
4784 Posts
March 29 2010 23:05 GMT
#86
Razer Krait
Kaboo
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Sweden125 Posts
March 29 2010 23:06 GMT
#87
I'm a palm user. So far my favorite : mx500


If I put my palm on the mx500 the tips of my fingers rests firmly on the table :/ Its too small for palm and too big for claw. I dunno...
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication -Leonardo da Vinci
CagedMind
Profile Joined February 2010
United States506 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-29 23:09:17
March 29 2010 23:07 GMT
#88
On March 30 2010 07:53 Navi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2010 07:03 CagedMind wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On March 30 2010 06:22 Day[9] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2010 23:46 Kaboo wrote:
On March 29 2010 23:38 Day[9] wrote:
Although razer products are REALLY amazing, the diamondback causes carpal tunnel. I'd go with some of their newer models for the shape.


Hey, I'm a big fan! Brown-nosing aside, do you know why that specific model is causing CTS?


Therefore, I'm now a big Kaboo fan! :D

I think it's the fact that the back of the mouse pushes into the palm just under the knuckles. This has given me SO much ache and pain buuu. I love razer a ton though. Their products are THE best gaming mouses out there as far as I'm concerned. I'm going to replace my diamondback at some point with another razer product



Seeing that your using a mouse that you claim is causing yourself cts. Kinda contradicts the image of day9 being smart. Just saying.


he's saying that it causes him cts, and that he knows it. And thus, despite the positives of the diamondback (and razer products in general) he is going to replace it.

does that mean he's dumb? i don't think so...



Note the "at some point". It seems to me he has been playing with it for quite a bit of time and doesn't plan to get around to replacing it soon. Which is rather dumb. His gf even bought him a hand massager for cts.
your micro has been depleted
Pulimuli
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Sweden2766 Posts
March 29 2010 23:08 GMT
#89
On March 30 2010 08:05 minus_human wrote:
Razer Krait


+1
Jlab
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States217 Posts
March 30 2010 01:23 GMT
#90
I've had my Diamondback 3G for less than 2 Months and i am already having pains in my shoulder and neck from the weight and wrist has been hurting. I love it as a mouse and its great and all but i can't go on using it. Still haven't voted, i hated the Intellimouse, i have one and i can't even use it is so annoying. Getting an LMO in the mail next month sometime so ill vote about a week or two after i get it.
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-30 01:24:51
March 30 2010 01:24 GMT
#91
On March 29 2010 23:15 Kaboo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2010 23:12 Ozarugold wrote:
I've been using a touchpad for about 5 years now for everything

A touchpad? Can you win aganst anything remotely sentient with that?

my friend has 180 apm with a touchpad ^^
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
Lysis
Profile Joined October 2009
United States147 Posts
March 30 2010 01:34 GMT
#92
I'm disappointed that there's no option for the Razer Mamba on there. One of the best mice I've seen or used. Fits my hand perfectly and is super-responsive, even in wireless mode. But if I had to choose one from the poll, I'd go with the DeathAdder due to it being the same shape and size as the Mamba, I'd think it would be just as good.
SC2: Tavyr#340 -- Razer Mamba user -- Don't trust anyone who says Terran is imba.
Glider
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States1353 Posts
March 30 2010 01:35 GMT
#93
I recently got the g9, it's not as comfortable for regular use, but it's really good for control and precision in gaming. not too big so it's good for finger tip fast movements.
SkylineSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States564 Posts
March 30 2010 01:37 GMT
#94
logitech mini optical cuz I think it makes me play like a progamer.

but mainly its small and cheap and slides well.
RatherGood
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada147 Posts
March 30 2010 01:53 GMT
#95
I haven't found a mouse better than the Logitech MX518, though admittedly, I haven't had cause to really look over other mice. Has anyone switched from an MX518 to something comparable? Mine's on its last leg, and the only other option I see is the G5.
da_head
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3350 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-30 02:00:53
March 30 2010 02:00 GMT
#96
i use the logitech anytime ax mouse. yeah its not for gaming, it's for portable purposes (i have a laptop). but it's pretty big and the fucking awesome thing about it is that it works on ANY surface (including glass tables). darkfield laser ftw! my only qualms with it is its pathetic battery life (about 2 weeks >.> )
When they see MC Probe, all the ladies disrobe.
loupouk
Profile Joined May 2003
France105 Posts
March 30 2010 02:08 GMT
#97
I bought a logitech mini optical because of the hype and it was a big disappointment. Ok this mouse fit well in my hand but its optical sensor is really bad. And it's not a question of dpi, my logitech G5 is way more precise even if I put it at 400 dpi.
peidongyang
Profile Joined January 2009
Canada2084 Posts
March 30 2010 02:08 GMT
#98
logitech optical mini.

cheap, portable, easy to use.
the throws never bothered me anyway
ohN
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States1075 Posts
March 30 2010 02:13 GMT
#99
MX518 and DA
Best mice I've ever used.

+ a Qck mousepad
Deux
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States159 Posts
March 30 2010 02:20 GMT
#100
Switched from a G5 to the Salmosa because of SC. No comparison for me, the salmosa wins hands down.

I definitely prefer the G5/MX518 for FPS games ex BF2BC and TF2.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings75
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech123
ViBE121
SpeCial 82
StarCraft: Brood War
910 69
NaDa 23
Dota 2
monkeys_forever425
canceldota156
NeuroSwarm144
League of Legends
Doublelift4681
Other Games
summit1g7001
JimRising 434
C9.Mang0373
ToD81
PPMD30
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick698
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 100
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP56
• poizon28 34
• RyuSc2 22
• Adnapsc2 11
• davetesta11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra801
Other Games
• Shiphtur564
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
10h 1m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
17h 1m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 1m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
Patches Events
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.