• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:55
CEST 16:55
KST 23:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War175.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202620Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11158 users

[Poll] Best Mouse? - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 13 14 15 Next All
Kaboo
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Sweden125 Posts
March 29 2010 14:46 GMT
#21
On March 29 2010 23:38 Day[9] wrote:
Although razer products are REALLY amazing, the diamondback causes carpal tunnel. I'd go with some of their newer models for the shape.


Hey, I'm a big fan! Brown-nosing aside, do you know why that specific model is causing CTS?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication -Leonardo da Vinci
koOma
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway462 Posts
March 29 2010 14:47 GMT
#22
design and weight are the only things that matter for RTS games (as long as the sensor isn't TERRIBAD). Currently using a modded DeathAdder (rubber grip on sides + feet) but I wanna get the Xai again, that shape is just awesome.
He wears a mask so when he dogs his face / Each and every race could absorb the bass /// ST_Life
Boundz(DarKo)
Profile Joined March 2009
5311 Posts
March 29 2010 14:50 GMT
#23
Deathadder is the best one I've played with.
asdfTT123
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States989 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-29 14:57:43
March 29 2010 14:50 GMT
#24
I have the following:

Logitech G5
Logitech G9
Logitech Mini Optical
Razer Abyssus (newly revised Salmosa)

Logitech Mini Optical wins for me by a large margin. The G9 is a terrible mouse ergonomically speaking so I won't even get into that - basically instant CTS.

G5 is good for palm grips but I find that less than ideal for RTS, but is your comfortable everyday mouse.

It comes down to the Abyssus and the LMO for RTS games, and while the Abyssus does have better DPI and theoretically better tracking, the buttons are louder than the LMO, the feet are much noisier on my Razer Exactpad (quite ironic, isn't it?), and I hate the extremely slippery sides of the mouse (what was Razer thinking?!). The LMO has nice quiet buttons, tracks well on my pad, and I can grip onto it without any issues. High DPI is completely useless for RTS games, anyways. You can't beat the price of an LMO, though they're being discontinued, which is quite a pity. On the other hand, I do prefer the overall shape of the Abyssus over the LMO by a bit.

LMO all the way for this fingertip grip user - just too many gripes about the Abyssus.

Originally I was happy with my G5 for Starcraft, but I didn't know what I was missing until I tried the LMO.

I would love the try the G1 or G3 if I can get my hands on it, but I doubt they will be better.
n.Die_Jaedong <3
Thrill
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
2599 Posts
March 29 2010 14:50 GMT
#25
Currently using the Ikari (it's bad for SC, but not terribad) which is an awesome all-around mouse, very comfortable. I'm waiting for Blizzcon where i think Razer will announce their new line of SC2 branded products which will surely include at least one mouse.
lepape
Profile Joined November 2005
Canada557 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-29 15:00:15
March 29 2010 14:50 GMT
#26
Logitech G3 does the job quite well, I love it. All the other models are for right-handed only.

Razer products are so overated and overpriced, it's a real joke. I hate the whole publicity about ''You wanna be PRO at video games? Then you NEED our products!'' Then of course all the rich newb kids ask their parents a Razer mouse and keyboard for Christmas just so they can get owned on SC by some korean kid who plays in a PC Bang with the shittiest equipment ever.
GaliKo
Profile Joined November 2009
Canada207 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-29 15:13:13
March 29 2010 14:56 GMT
#27
If it was up there I'd be voting for the SteelSeries Ikari Laser, love its ergonomic design when I'm playing shooters but I find I'm comfortable using a claw grip for SC.

And when it comes down to it, I find SteelSeries' products more appealing then Razer or any other company.
Wr3k
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2533 Posts
March 29 2010 14:57 GMT
#28
Wheres the logitech G9x?
bLah.
Profile Joined July 2009
Croatia497 Posts
March 29 2010 14:59 GMT
#29
On March 29 2010 23:38 Day[9] wrote:
Although razer products are REALLY amazing, the diamondback causes carpal tunnel. I'd go with some of their newer models for the shape.


Yup, for example abyssus has quite good shape. I had problems with my wrist before and I'm just amazed how it hurts so much less after I got abyssus.
I have small hand and use fingertip grip, that's probably important.
WaveMotion
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States147 Posts
March 29 2010 15:09 GMT
#30
wheres my mac trackpad on the poll?
In heaven, everything is fine.
intrigue
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Washington, D.C9935 Posts
March 29 2010 15:10 GMT
#31
i am a huge fan of the lightest and cheapest razer models; i used to use a krait and now use a salmosa and i've been really happy with them both in terms of performance and comfort. i've never seen the need for a 'high-end' crazy expensive deathcopperadderxxx ultra with 10 buttons and a retina scanner, but then again i only play bw sc2 and tf2
Moderatorsloppy little slug
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
March 29 2010 15:12 GMT
#32
Deathadder for me, it's really well built and I find it pleasant to use, Suits my grip well. Previous ones I used like Krait and Copperhead is kinda meh, and wears easily.
POGGERS
Khenra
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Netherlands885 Posts
March 29 2010 15:14 GMT
#33
Maybe you've guys read my thread a few weeks back about me getting a new mouse.

I bought the wireless Logitech Performance Moue MX. It's really good, and the wireless is so good that there's absolutely no difference with wired mouses. I surely recommend getting one.
This signature is ruining eSports.
danl9rm
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States3111 Posts
March 29 2010 15:15 GMT
#34
none of the above.

microsoft intellimouse explorer 3.0
"Science has so well established that the preborn baby in the womb is a living human being that most pro-choice activists have conceded the point. ..since the abortion proponents have lost the science argument, they are now advocating an existential one."
Robinsa
Profile Joined May 2009
Japan1333 Posts
March 29 2010 15:15 GMT
#35
IE 1.1 or 3.0 is my favourite by far. My old one did however break down some time ago and I couldnt find a new one so I'm currently using Laser 6000.^^
4649!!
Kaboo
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Sweden125 Posts
March 29 2010 15:16 GMT
#36
On March 30 2010 00:14 Khenra wrote:
Maybe you've guys read my thread a few weeks back about me getting a new mouse.

I bought the wireless Logitech Performance Moue MX. It's really good, and the wireless is so good that there's absolutely no difference with wired mouses. I surely recommend getting one.


Ugh, wireless. I will need a scientific examination of one of those before I ever try one again. The ones I've seen are really heavy too :/
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication -Leonardo da Vinci
gaiia
Profile Joined December 2008
Finland21 Posts
March 29 2010 15:17 GMT
#37
My vote goes for Logitech MX300. I own a pair of them and as a former Quake 3 player, I needed a mouse that could keep up with my low sensitivity in a FPS. (62cm/360turn) I like the shape of the MX300, too.

Too bad the MX300 along with the MX500 (The best optical sensors of all time, the MX's.) are not made anymore.
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-29 15:21:05
March 29 2010 15:20 GMT
#38
i love my mini

I've had a number of mx series Logitech's and they always have a short life expectancy, but I do like them. I don't like the G series mice either (I have used the G5 and another one in the past).
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
VTArlock
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1763 Posts
March 29 2010 15:51 GMT
#39
Logitech mx518! I've literally had the same mouse for years, runs like a champ great shape and amazing accuracy.
Why?
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-29 15:58:37
March 29 2010 15:54 GMT
#40
The poll in the op is so bad.. There are 1000000000000000000 mice, and even if you could get all the mice on the poll, the results would be so small.

Mx518 is probably the most common mouse, doesn't mean it's the best. I've had the Mx500, 510, and 518 (all very much the same), and I never liked any of them. Too big and bulky. The side buttons and shape is nice for standard browsing but for gaming it sucks.


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=82573

I have used many mice. I have large hands. I use fingertip grip mostly. I prefer smaller/light mouse.

My Ranking:

Razer Viper:
[image loading]

Best gaming mouse I've had so far. Opti 1000dpi, Very light, Smooth struts on bottom, narrow & not heavy, and no extra bullshit buttons. I don't really like the rubbery grip clear line across the side but I don't really touch it anyways.

Logitech MX300:
[image loading]

Oldschool mouse, opti 600 or 800 dpi (cant remember), light when you remove the weight, same as above but slightly wider.

Logitech G3:
[image loading]

Laser 2000 dpi, same look as 300 but heavier and has extra buttons for web browsing.
Great mouse for browsing and still pretty good for gaming.

Logitech MX310:
[image loading]

Opti 800 dpi, used this mouse for years (had 2), pretty solid, never really liked the ergonomic shape but its pretty similar to the MX300 but slightly heavier (I think you can remove weight) and side buttons. Great for browsing and pretty ok for gaming.

Logitech MX500 & 510 & 518:
[image loading]

Opti 800dpi, used these mice for a long time, All pretty much the same, never liked the bulkiness or shape, heaviest of all these (even with weight removed), has side buttons for browsing. Good mouse for browsing not so good for gaming imo. PS- the only difference I found between these are the colors..

And of course I've gone through lots of cheapy opti mouse in the downtime between other mice.
If you must go with one of these the best one I had was something like 'A4 tech' and it was grey kinda slender/long and light opti mouse with 800dpi I think. Pretty light weight as well.
looks kinda like this:
[image loading]



PS- I currently have G3 and Viper plugged in simultaneously and I switch between them for gaming/browsing.
The G3 has much higher sensitivity.

PPS- If you use my mouse button fixing guide/blog the MX300 is the hardest to fix. And I haven't tried opening the Viper or G3 yet to check for weights because the screws are under the struts (but I think they don't have any anyways).



also to note, I dunno if it was a driver thing but I since changed my mind and used the g3 for gaming and never looked back. (although the left button did just malfunction yesterday, logitech has like 5 year warranty and I'm gonna get a replacement for free, no shipping or anything)
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 13 14 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
LamboSC2 402
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 38139
Calm 7285
Bisu 2487
Rain 1431
Jaedong 1036
Horang2 605
BeSt 572
Rush 412
Soma 385
Larva 335
[ Show more ]
Stork 323
Light 281
Zeus 193
ZerO 190
Snow 172
Mind 137
Free 107
910 103
Barracks 82
Killer 60
Sea.KH 50
Mong 48
Hyun 45
Shinee 35
Trap 32
ToSsGirL 31
Terrorterran 28
Pusan 23
Hm[arnc] 21
Bale 21
Rock 20
Aegong 20
sorry 20
Sexy 13
Sacsri 10
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8580
XaKoH 435
Counter-Strike
fl0m4108
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes488
Other Games
gofns34418
singsing2313
B2W.Neo774
hiko482
Lowko355
Mlord333
Hui .184
Livibee170
DeMusliM158
mouzStarbuck135
djWHEAT112
RotterdaM91
QueenE66
Trikslyr66
Mew2King65
ToD58
KnowMe40
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile110
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis4221
• Jankos2392
• TFBlade669
Other Games
• Shiphtur283
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 5m
Big Brain Bouts
19h 5m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 2h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 4h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 19h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.