• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:28
CEST 08:28
KST 15:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8995 users

[Game] Osu! - Page 54

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 370 Next
iAsian
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada68 Posts
May 25 2011 02:37 GMT
#1061
FnaticMSiKR.111
unranked
Terran/zerg/protoss/random

(Kawaii can't post so he's asked me to. He also says he'll probably be super unavailable)

iAsian.849
1100+ Masters
Zerg/(Protoss i guess?)
Xafnia
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada874 Posts
May 25 2011 02:56 GMT
#1062
On May 25 2011 08:00 cabarkapa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2011 06:18 Lucidity wrote:
On May 12 2011 11:20 ebacho wrote:
With osz2 supposedly dropping next public release, I'd like to get some opinions from the greater osu! TL hivemind.

For those who don't know, osz2 is peppy's new format for osu beatmaps in an effort to reduce competitiveness and make the game more fun. While this is a totally different debate, the key features/changes in osz2 are:

- Forced skins on each map, with storyboard forcing for at least one clear (after you clear it once, you can toggle sb).
- Forced backgrounds.
- Removal of ability to take away certain map elements (if you remove say, the bg the map will become unranked and you will have to redownload. If you have maps you've modified you'll have to redownload them).

For those who don't know or care, this is a problem for many competitive players such as myself. Some maps are nigh impossible to play or FC with the skins and backgrounds mappers choose. Players who like mods are affected even more by this change (find a map with a flashy sb or white background that you've never played and Hard Rock or Hidden it).

On the other hand, the mappers' perspective of this is that since they put the effort needed to create their map, they get to choose how the players experience it. Many have argued that by removing certain objects or elements from maps, players are "ruining the ideal osu! experience" in that map.

I definitely fall into the former category, but I'm curious to see what others think about this issue - thoughts?

Edit: In an effort to increase transparency, I am a very competitive osu player. I was on the US osu team for the OWC tournament a couple months back, and I still regularly take #1's on leaderboards.

Aaaand here is the giant topic where peppy answers a boatload of questions about osz2. http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=47994


I'm glad I'm not a competitive player anymore ^^ I would have been raging. peppy has always had weird ideas with his features... Almost a "If I spent time creating this feature you WILL enjoy (endure) it." When Kiai was initially introduced some mappers went batshit insane with it, making some maps unplayable imo. The returned darrihuka (darri mix) comes to mind as a particularly egregious offender. peppy would not budge on making Kiai time toggleable though. And still doesn't? Why is he so set on ignoring the most dedicated members of the community.

Luckily there were workarounds :> gopice made a skin where kiai time was basically invisible ;p With FORCED skins though... peppy is just silly. And he's using the mappers as an excuse. Is the mapper consensus really that they want to force people to play the map with all the bells and whistles? I can't imagine it is ;o Many mappers are terrible to mediocre players themselves. When you play easy-hard maps it's possible to deal with Kiai time blinding you and blue circles on a blue background with fake blue SB circles floating around too... When you play Lunatic songs that's simply ridiculous though. How can people not see that :/

Anyhoo. Who are the top mappers these days? I haven't really played osu! in 6 months and am keen to play a bit again. Who should I look for when downloading maps? I used to enjoy happy30, lesjuh, Kirby, Card N'FoRcE, Alazy~ etc. Not a fan of DJPop style stream spams.

Do TL guys play multi at all?

I don't even know what kiai time is lol... Is it present in normal osu! mode? Because I honestly have never noticed.

Also Festival of Ghost 2 is one of my favorite maps as well! Though my favorite darri map is Lee Jung Hyun - Michyeo [Hard]. I don't really notice who is even mapping the maps I play these days, just like to play them.


Star "fountains" appear, notes flash brightly.
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
May 25 2011 03:12 GMT
#1063
On May 25 2011 08:00 cabarkapa wrote:I don't even know what kiai time is lol... Is it present in normal osu! mode? Because I honestly have never noticed.

Also Festival of Ghost 2 is one of my favorite maps as well! Though my favorite darri map is Lee Jung Hyun - Michyeo [Hard]. I don't really notice who is even mapping the maps I play these days, just like to play them.


http://osu.ppy.sh/b/47528

My favorite Darri map
cabarkapa
Profile Joined November 2009
United States1014 Posts
May 25 2011 03:29 GMT
#1064
On May 25 2011 12:12 MegaManEXE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2011 08:00 cabarkapa wrote:I don't even know what kiai time is lol... Is it present in normal osu! mode? Because I honestly have never noticed.

Also Festival of Ghost 2 is one of my favorite maps as well! Though my favorite darri map is Lee Jung Hyun - Michyeo [Hard]. I don't really notice who is even mapping the maps I play these days, just like to play them.


http://osu.ppy.sh/b/47528

My favorite Darri map

Too bad can't play for awhile, I'll check this out when I can.

On May 25 2011 11:56 Xafnia wrote:
Star "fountains" appear, notes flash brightly.

Lol I still don't notice this, I'll pay more attention I guess next time I play.
Jaehoon - Master strategist
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
May 25 2011 04:55 GMT
#1065
FnaticMSiKR.111
unranked
Terran/zerg/protoss/random

(Kawaii can't post so he's asked me to. He also says he'll probably be super unavailable)

iAsian.849
1100+ Masters
Zerg/(Protoss i guess?)


Epic!

Wait so the first account is like FnaticMSi's team account? Wondering why it says KR (Korea?)
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Xafnia
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada874 Posts
May 25 2011 05:00 GMT
#1066
On May 25 2011 12:12 MegaManEXE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2011 08:00 cabarkapa wrote:I don't even know what kiai time is lol... Is it present in normal osu! mode? Because I honestly have never noticed.

Also Festival of Ghost 2 is one of my favorite maps as well! Though my favorite darri map is Lee Jung Hyun - Michyeo [Hard]. I don't really notice who is even mapping the maps I play these days, just like to play them.


http://osu.ppy.sh/b/47528

My favorite Darri map


Just played it, that song is amazing. <3
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
May 25 2011 05:18 GMT
#1067
On May 25 2011 13:55 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
Show nested quote +
FnaticMSiKR.111
unranked
Terran/zerg/protoss/random

(Kawaii can't post so he's asked me to. He also says he'll probably be super unavailable)

iAsian.849
1100+ Masters
Zerg/(Protoss i guess?)


Epic!

Wait so the first account is like FnaticMSi's team account? Wondering why it says KR (Korea?)


KawaiiRice can't fit his full username on there + the team tag so he has to abbreviate it I think

The account he uses on the Korean server is just named "wtf"
iAsian
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada68 Posts
May 25 2011 18:55 GMT
#1068
On May 25 2011 13:55 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
Show nested quote +
FnaticMSiKR.111
unranked
Terran/zerg/protoss/random

(Kawaii can't post so he's asked me to. He also says he'll probably be super unavailable)

iAsian.849
1100+ Masters
Zerg/(Protoss i guess?)


Epic!

Wait so the first account is like FnaticMSi's team account? Wondering why it says KR (Korea?)


The first account is KawaiiRice's NA account. The second is mine =P
Wineandbread
Profile Joined September 2009
United States2065 Posts
May 26 2011 07:38 GMT
#1069
Shameless self-promotion

I find Catch the Beat pretty fun actually, and very easy going game. Don't have to think much when I play hehe

WindCalibur
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Canada938 Posts
May 26 2011 07:45 GMT
#1070
Someone needs to get cookiezi to start laddering on the korean server.

Btw my ign is silentwings if anyone is curious .
iAsian
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada68 Posts
May 26 2011 17:32 GMT
#1071
Lmao Cookiezi in SC2.. he'd have like 400 apm x_x
KRZY
Profile Joined May 2011
4 Posts
May 26 2011 21:08 GMT
#1072
Are you guys aware that Cookiezi plays SC2 with a tablet? xD
iAsian
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada68 Posts
May 27 2011 00:59 GMT
#1073
Okay... 400 apm and a lot of trouble clicking <_<
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-27 05:33:31
May 27 2011 03:13 GMT
#1074
Psh duh, I should have known KR meant KawaiiRice

I fail ^_^

Still need 1 more !

Edit:

Bad/OK news, the sub-forum team league started already, but that's ok, there would be an odd number if we joined and the coordinator didn't want to do round robin for a Ro5.

It's OK because there will be many more of these to come, and much larger (he hopes). We can be ready now for the 2nd league, for sure! :D

And perhaps KawaiiRice will be more available to play then
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
SexyBimbo
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany89 Posts
May 30 2011 00:37 GMT
#1075
Wait, Cookiezi is playing sc2? I dindt know that oO
Link to his profile, anybody? ^^

Playing sc2 with a tablet is fun actually! ^^ I am usually using my mouse even in Osu but from time to time I like doing some stuff with my tablet.
Ever since I tried that out in Starcraft (neigh impossible to right click anything) I started appreciating that there are hotkeys for orders like "move" or "mine" lol
Hard to get used to and my micro is terrible that way but it sure is fun xD

Oh and Ebacho:

In an effort to increase transparency, I am a very competitive osu player. I was on the US osu team for the OWC tournament a couple months back, and I still regularly take #1's on leaderboards.

I know you're a decent player but having played in the OWC does not necessarily make one any good as illustrated by players like Shael or mappers like Saten-San whom I respect yet don't consider good players.

SB aka BexyChobo in osu!
Why do ppl do this; does my name look anything like Kiwikaki?? - Kawaiirice
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
May 30 2011 04:50 GMT
#1076
HOLY ON GUYS! SUB-FORUM TEAM LEAGUE - HOPE IS NOT LOST

If the LoL team (im in it right now) isn't able to get its players to be committed, we have a chance of slipping ourselves into LoL's place.

Just be ready to send me a PM to pick your map!
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
May 31 2011 05:47 GMT
#1077
Ok listen up, LoL team pulled out... I will see if we can replace them.

EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO PLAY IN SUB-FORUM TEAM LEAGUE PM ME YOUR:

Character.Code
1st Map of Choice
2nd Map of Choice
3rd Map of Choice

I will try to put players on the maps they want! First come first serve, regardless of skill. No time to worry about putting a good team together, we just need a team xD
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Xafnia
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada874 Posts
June 03 2011 00:53 GMT
#1078
[image loading]
How is this even possible.
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
June 03 2011 01:02 GMT
#1079
06/03/2011 - LAST FULL SUBMIT - FIXED TYPOS IN TWO TITLES

130 - 240 BPM (Mostly Streams)
If you can FC this, then you're probably asian.
Enjoy.
Special thanks to sir TKiller for picking the songs for me.
Never.Die
Profile Joined March 2010
Japan189 Posts
June 05 2011 08:57 GMT
#1080
On June 03 2011 09:53 Xafnia wrote:
[image loading]
How is this even possible.


Wow I'm watching the replay right now. I'm in a deep state of WTF.
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 184
ProTech133
Nina 93
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 194
Dewaltoss 120
Bale 35
sSak 28
ZergMaN 20
Noble 15
NotJumperer 8
Icarus 6
League of Legends
JimRising 644
Other Games
summit1g9743
Sick197
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick880
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2184
League of Legends
• Lourlo1146
• Rush1025
• Stunt803
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 32m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4h 32m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 32m
Replay Cast
16h 32m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 4h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.