• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:35
CEST 21:35
KST 04:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9161 users

[Game] Osu! - Page 56

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 54 55 56 57 58 370 Next
prototype.
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada4215 Posts
June 11 2011 21:27 GMT
#1101
Okay.. i dunno what happened

I can't connect to osu anymore... hopefully it's not just me
( ・´ー・`)
jaerak
Profile Joined January 2010
United States124 Posts
June 11 2011 21:27 GMT
#1102
same here =/
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
June 11 2011 21:46 GMT
#1103
hey xVoiid :D

yes we should meet up more often guys
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Nilitsu
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada442 Posts
June 11 2011 21:49 GMT
#1104
yup, same here can't log in T_T
Silentenigma
Profile Joined July 2009
Turkey2037 Posts
June 12 2011 01:54 GMT
#1105
On June 11 2011 12:26 Blisse wrote:
Sorry I'm busy. I'm also noob in Starcraft 2 from what my random teammates tell me.

http://www.mediafire.com/?f1f1rcftqz1tb22

That's what I have. I mixed an matched from a lot of different skins, and find it very nice and clean. The thing I don't like is the 321 countdown, but I haven't found a good substitute.

I turn off all the combo bursts and flare-y stuff, but I put L in there for giggles.

The cursor and continue bars and the like are pretty preferential.

Thanks man this is a great skin (except 3 2 1 thing My scores are improved!
日本語が上手ですね
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-12 03:53:43
June 12 2011 03:52 GMT
#1106
On June 09 2011 23:57 Xafnia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2011 15:04 Bobbias wrote:
I've already got pretty much all the easy pack music.... I still find that there's not enough charts that I can use to push myself. People seem to have a habit of making charts where you miss 1 or 2 and fail immediately.... Not very good for getting better if you only get 20 seconds into something, miss a note and fail :/

Show nested quote +
On June 08 2011 00:04 Xafnia wrote:
Also, many maps have multiple 5star diffs, just do the easier one.

+ Show Spoiler +

For example:
[image loading]

I have underlined potential diffs you could try.



I'm well aware of the multiple difficulties, I have 1k+ charts, but half of them are terrible songs (I'm not a touhou fanatic or a huge animu, though I like some anime music, and some touhou music), or the charts are either too easy or too hard. Sometimes one hard is impossible, while the other is too easy, or playable, except for the fact that if you miss a single note, you die. That is quite possibly the single most annoying thing that I find... I'd much rather play a chart that I can actually practice.


A good example is comparing DJPop's Theme of Puella Magi map to Masayoshi Minoshima - Fire by Shinxyn... I can reliably pass the Puella Magi map with little difficulty. I'm not great, and usually get a B, but I can pass all the time. I can't pass Fire's hard map because you need to be ridiculously accurate, and basically need to full combo it, and even then you need to get almost all 300s... I think the actual map for Puella Magi is harder than the map for fire, but the difference is in the timing requirements.

I'm looking for maps that require some quick jumps, and such (like Puella Magi) but don't have stupid timing requirements, so I can actually get more than 20 seconds into the damn song.

And yes, I am looking for maps myself. I always download massive amounts of tracks for any music game like this.
prototype.
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada4215 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-12 09:29:11
June 12 2011 09:28 GMT
#1107
On June 12 2011 12:52 Bobbias wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2011 23:57 Xafnia wrote:
On June 09 2011 15:04 Bobbias wrote:
I've already got pretty much all the easy pack music.... I still find that there's not enough charts that I can use to push myself. People seem to have a habit of making charts where you miss 1 or 2 and fail immediately.... Not very good for getting better if you only get 20 seconds into something, miss a note and fail :/

On June 08 2011 00:04 Xafnia wrote:
Also, many maps have multiple 5star diffs, just do the easier one.

+ Show Spoiler +

For example:
[image loading]

I have underlined potential diffs you could try.



I'm well aware of the multiple difficulties, I have 1k+ charts, but half of them are terrible songs (I'm not a touhou fanatic or a huge animu, though I like some anime music, and some touhou music), or the charts are either too easy or too hard. Sometimes one hard is impossible, while the other is too easy, or playable, except for the fact that if you miss a single note, you die. That is quite possibly the single most annoying thing that I find... I'd much rather play a chart that I can actually practice.


A good example is comparing DJPop's Theme of Puella Magi map to Masayoshi Minoshima - Fire by Shinxyn... I can reliably pass the Puella Magi map with little difficulty. I'm not great, and usually get a B, but I can pass all the time. I can't pass Fire's hard map because you need to be ridiculously accurate, and basically need to full combo it, and even then you need to get almost all 300s... I think the actual map for Puella Magi is harder than the map for fire, but the difference is in the timing requirements.

I'm looking for maps that require some quick jumps, and such (like Puella Magi) but don't have stupid timing requirements, so I can actually get more than 20 seconds into the damn song.

And yes, I am looking for maps myself. I always download massive amounts of tracks for any music game like this.

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/28793 - uryuu difficulty

This map might not be so bad to practice on. I think this will help improve reading different patterns other than just quarter/eighth notes.
( ・´ー・`)
Tenox
Profile Joined January 2007
Sweden128 Posts
June 12 2011 09:55 GMT
#1108
Holy shit, just passed Revolution Deathsquad. God damnit the solo felt like it'd never end. Not too respectable of a pass, but this is probably the hardest song I passed so far.:D:D
[image loading]
Please check out my gallery at: 10ox.deviantart.com
Joedaddy
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1948 Posts
June 12 2011 10:44 GMT
#1109
wtf... when I try to register an account it says "the entered email domain has no MX record"

its a @hotmail.com email address.... wtf is this about? does anyone know?
I might be the minority on TL, but TL is the minority everywhere else.
Xafnia
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada874 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-12 19:49:39
June 12 2011 14:47 GMT
#1110
A good example is comparing DJPop's Theme of Puella Magi map to Masayoshi Minoshima - Fire by Shinxyn... I can reliably pass the Puella Magi map with little difficulty. I'm not great, and usually get a B, but I can pass all the time. I can't pass Fire's hard map because you need to be ridiculously accurate, and basically need to full combo it, and even then you need to get almost all 300s... I think the actual map for Puella Magi is harder than the map for fire, but the difference is in the timing requirements.


Masayoshi Minoshima - Fire starts with a slow section, that's why you need good accuracy at the start, after you've passed it you can miss plenty on both hard and insane. Also that map is definitely harder than DJPop's Theme of Puella Magi (just played it).

Assuming this is you: http://osu.ppy.sh/u/bobbias , you need to play maps much more than 10-15 times before you give up if you want to pass harder maps. If you see me in game PM me (Xafnia) and maybe I can find you some maps to play.

Tenox: Grats o/
Invictus
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Singapore2697 Posts
June 12 2011 15:01 GMT
#1111
On June 12 2011 18:55 Tenox wrote:
Holy shit, just passed Revolution Deathsquad. God damnit the solo felt like it'd never end. Not too respectable of a pass, but this is probably the hardest song I passed so far.:D:D
[image loading]


this song would probably remain a dream for me to pass
Lee Jaedong Fighting!
Xafnia
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada874 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-12 20:01:31
June 12 2011 20:00 GMT
#1112
On June 12 2011 10:54 Silentenigma wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2011 12:26 Blisse wrote:
Sorry I'm busy. I'm also noob in Starcraft 2 from what my random teammates tell me.

http://www.mediafire.com/?f1f1rcftqz1tb22

That's what I have. I mixed an matched from a lot of different skins, and find it very nice and clean. The thing I don't like is the 321 countdown, but I haven't found a good substitute.

I turn off all the combo bursts and flare-y stuff, but I put L in there for giggles.

The cursor and continue bars and the like are pretty preferential.

Thanks man this is a great skin (except 3 2 1 thing My scores are improved!


http://www.mediafire.com/?4tfv8axi8337hva

Gameplay focused for gameplay elements, fluff focused for random stuff. Turn off combobursts of course.
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-12 20:43:10
June 12 2011 20:36 GMT
#1113
Beautiful! Stealing some stuff. Thanks! I liked the multicolor balls from some songs, but wanted a less crazy color feel. Mine looks a lot better now, thanks again!
There is no one like you in the universe.
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
June 12 2011 23:29 GMT
#1114
On June 12 2011 23:47 Xafnia wrote:
Show nested quote +
A good example is comparing DJPop's Theme of Puella Magi map to Masayoshi Minoshima - Fire by Shinxyn... I can reliably pass the Puella Magi map with little difficulty. I'm not great, and usually get a B, but I can pass all the time. I can't pass Fire's hard map because you need to be ridiculously accurate, and basically need to full combo it, and even then you need to get almost all 300s... I think the actual map for Puella Magi is harder than the map for fire, but the difference is in the timing requirements.


Masayoshi Minoshima - Fire starts with a slow section, that's why you need good accuracy at the start, after you've passed it you can miss plenty on both hard and insane. Also that map is definitely harder than DJPop's Theme of Puella Magi (just played it).

Assuming this is you: http://osu.ppy.sh/u/bobbias , you need to play maps much more than 10-15 times before you give up if you want to pass harder maps. If you see me in game PM me (Xafnia) and maybe I can find you some maps to play.

Tenox: Grats o/


That is indeed me. I used to play Stepmania, DJ Max, IIDX, and O2Jam, so I'm no stranger to music games. The way I learn is by finding songs at the edge of what I can pass and trying them until I pass them (I only passed Puella Magi a little while ago, it felt hopeless the first time I tried playing it).

Also, I can't stand retrying songs over and over again. I think the most I've ever retried a song in one sitting was about 10, and that's rare, usually if I fail 2 or 3 times, I move on to something else. I also basically expect myself to be able to sightread most songs I play the first time....
wooozy
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3813 Posts
June 12 2011 23:46 GMT
#1115
On June 12 2011 18:55 Tenox wrote:
Holy shit, just passed Revolution Deathsquad. God damnit the solo felt like it'd never end. Not too respectable of a pass, but this is probably the hardest song I passed so far.:D:D
[image loading]


[image loading]

yeyeye got you beat
Silentenigma
Profile Joined July 2009
Turkey2037 Posts
June 13 2011 03:07 GMT
#1116
On June 11 2011 12:26 Blisse wrote:
Sorry I'm busy. I'm also noob in Starcraft 2 from what my random teammates tell me.

http://www.mediafire.com/?f1f1rcftqz1tb22

That's what I have. I mixed an matched from a lot of different skins, and find it very nice and clean. The thing I don't like is the 321 countdown, but I haven't found a good substitute.

I turn off all the combo bursts and flare-y stuff, but I put L in there for giggles.

The cursor and continue bars and the like are pretty preferential.

Thanks again man I passed all maps i failed before and got sick combos<3
I got a question:What is the fastest way to get high ranks.I am about 40k ranked now.How can I climb faster.Shold I play same maps over and over or play lots of maps.
日本語が上手ですね
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-13 04:15:05
June 13 2011 04:09 GMT
#1117
Thanks, haha. Fixed up some other stuff I didn't like. Still waiting for that perfect 321 timer though.
Just download a bunch of the beatmap packs and go through them. It's more of a time commitment than any trick. Cursor is blue, option to pink and a bunch of better buttons, more blue themed.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zxz83bqoln47qdi

Play the same maps until you get an S, or play other maps until you're good enough to S those maps. If you can never S, make sure it's a dumb misclick rather than a complete failure to read the beat. It's an amazing feeling to go back to a beatmap after a few days or weeks and suddenly find out you can actually see and read and click the beat.

Just play. Don't need to be ranked to have fun. This was the first time I've checked my rank.
There is no one like you in the universe.
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
June 13 2011 04:33 GMT
#1118
After playing numerous music games, I've found that playing songs you can barely pass (or can't) generally makes you improve far faster than playing stuff over and over again. Instead of simply memorizing a map, and learning the notes on it, you teach yourself how to sightread difficult maps, anticipate beat patterns, and adapt to interesting problems. Either way will get you to be a batter player, which will get you ranked higher, but playing harder songs will definitely help you improve faster... and then you can go back and S everything you couldn't before, if you really care.

Getting S's will definitely help you move up the ranks faster, but you get more ranked points for playing a song you don't know than Sing something you already had an A on (generally speaking).

Example: You have a song you've passed with an A and your score is something like 1million, and you go back and S it and get 1.5 mill. That's a sore increase of 500k.... If you play a map with similar score numbers, get another 1 mill A, you now have a score increase of 1 mill, instead of .5 mill...

(the numbers are low because I suck at the game, lawl)

Also, can someone add me to the list at the beginning of this thread? My name's Bobbias on there, same as here.
prototype.
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada4215 Posts
June 13 2011 05:52 GMT
#1119
When I first started out, I just kept playing the same difficult maps over and over again until I passed it. I didn't bother going through a hundred songs. I have like 100+ plays on songs I can S without much difficulty now on my historical statistics page.

When I get discouraged from all the failing, I just go and play some easy/normal diff.

Don't worry so much about ranks. Just play maps/songs you like and improve at the same time.
( ・´ー・`)
Silentenigma
Profile Joined July 2009
Turkey2037 Posts
June 13 2011 16:05 GMT
#1120
I didnt play 3 4 star maps much and dont want to play them again to just get a S.I generally play 4.5-5 star maps and play it until i get at least b rank on them.Is it a good approach?
Some players say if you fail you should play at half speed to memorize notes.Should I play like that in very fast maps?
日本語が上手ですね
Prev 1 54 55 56 57 58 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1593
RotterdaM962
TaKeTV 387
IndyStarCraft 209
SteadfastSC163
ZombieGrub103
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1593
RotterdaM 962
IndyStarCraft 209
SteadfastSC 163
RuFF_SC2 154
MaxPax 138
ZombieGrub103
UpATreeSC 71
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2756
Shuttle 526
Dewaltoss 107
910 71
Mind 61
Bale 16
Counter-Strike
fl0m4279
pashabiceps1649
Fnx 681
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4594
Liquid`Hasu599
Other Games
Beastyqt768
mouzStarbuck428
ToD183
C9.Mang0156
shahzam110
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 175
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 17
• Eskiya23 17
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade329
Other Games
• imaqtpie884
• Shiphtur343
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 25m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 25m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 25m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.