• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:30
CEST 03:30
KST 10:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9318 users

Deus Ex 3!? - Page 8

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 76 Next
NormandyBoy
Profile Joined May 2010
France200 Posts
December 12 2010 20:29 GMT
#141
I must say I'm more and more worry about DE3. I mean, a cover system why not, but those retarded instant kill are so dumb.
Remember how hard it was to knock out silently even a mere soldier in DE1 ? You had to hit it right in the head without him noticing you, and he could he moving or sat which made the thing harder. Now, you just have to push one button, the animation is different according to the enemy's position but you just press the same button and it works just fine. Where is the fucking gameplay ?
One cool thing in DE1 was you could increase your combat strenght and keep knocking out advanced soldiers like MJ12 commandos with your basic baton, which also allowed you to break lockers, boxes and some doors for free. I really don't see the same deep implications in the gameplay when Adam just punch a dude when you press X.

I also hate that the camera goes into 3rd person when you sitck to a wall because it allows you to magically see into a corridor, while the guard in it can't see you...3rd person is so cheated for infiltration. Remember in IW when you could max your X-ray vision whithin less than 2 hours of game ? Remember how easy infiltrating was ?
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-12 20:37:22
December 12 2010 20:36 GMT
#142
On December 13 2010 05:29 NormandyBoy wrote:
I must say I'm more and more worry about DE3. I mean, a cover system why not, but those retarded instant kill are so dumb.
Remember how hard it was to knock out silently even a mere soldier in DE1 ? You had to hit it right in the head without him noticing you, and he could he moving or sat which made the thing harder. Now, you just have to push one button, the animation is different according to the enemy's position but you just press the same button and it works just fine. Where is the fucking gameplay ?
One cool thing in DE1 was you could increase your combat strenght and keep knocking out advanced soldiers like MJ12 commandos with your basic baton, which also allowed you to break lockers, boxes and some doors for free. I really don't see the same deep implications in the gameplay when Adam just punch a dude when you press X.

I also hate that the camera goes into 3rd person when you sitck to a wall because it allows you to magically see into a corridor, while the guard in it can't see you...3rd person is so cheated for infiltration. Remember in IW when you could max your X-ray vision whithin less than 2 hours of game ? Remember how easy infiltrating was ?

was easy, walk up behind them aim for the back of their head. generally 2 stuns (or hits) would take them out, unless you had the dragon sword

my issue is all those gameplay stuff

and this color scheme, it's so goddamn ugly i'm tired of all this brown (and yellow) and bloom graphics.
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
NormandyBoy
Profile Joined May 2010
France200 Posts
December 12 2010 21:11 GMT
#143
On December 13 2010 05:36 rabidch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2010 05:29 NormandyBoy wrote:
I must say I'm more and more worry about DE3. I mean, a cover system why not, but those retarded instant kill are so dumb.
Remember how hard it was to knock out silently even a mere soldier in DE1 ? You had to hit it right in the head without him noticing you, and he could he moving or sat which made the thing harder. Now, you just have to push one button, the animation is different according to the enemy's position but you just press the same button and it works just fine. Where is the fucking gameplay ?
One cool thing in DE1 was you could increase your combat strenght and keep knocking out advanced soldiers like MJ12 commandos with your basic baton, which also allowed you to break lockers, boxes and some doors for free. I really don't see the same deep implications in the gameplay when Adam just punch a dude when you press X.

I also hate that the camera goes into 3rd person when you sitck to a wall because it allows you to magically see into a corridor, while the guard in it can't see you...3rd person is so cheated for infiltration. Remember in IW when you could max your X-ray vision whithin less than 2 hours of game ? Remember how easy infiltrating was ?

was easy, walk up behind them aim for the back of their head. generally 2 stuns (or hits) would take them out, unless you had the dragon sword

my issue is all those gameplay stuff

and this color scheme, it's so goddamn ugly i'm tired of all this brown (and yellow) and bloom graphics.

Yeah but to walk silently to them you need to crouch and you can't hit their head if you crouch so you have to stand up but if they're walking they can get out of range if you're not fast enough, except if you have combat strengh at maximum which allows you to hit them in the legs and still knock them out, or if you have silent walk so you don't need to crouch...
And on the hardest difficulty you can't get away with "one or two" hits as they can one shot you. The dragon sword one shot them but it's louder (them cry as they die) and takes 4 units in your inventory...
See how everything involves gameplay choices ? I think that what made DE1 such a great game. The more gameplay the better, in DE3, I have the feeling it will just be pressing a button to trigger a cool animation.
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-12 21:33:36
December 12 2010 21:30 GMT
#144
On December 13 2010 06:11 NormandyBoy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2010 05:36 rabidch wrote:
On December 13 2010 05:29 NormandyBoy wrote:
I must say I'm more and more worry about DE3. I mean, a cover system why not, but those retarded instant kill are so dumb.
Remember how hard it was to knock out silently even a mere soldier in DE1 ? You had to hit it right in the head without him noticing you, and he could he moving or sat which made the thing harder. Now, you just have to push one button, the animation is different according to the enemy's position but you just press the same button and it works just fine. Where is the fucking gameplay ?
One cool thing in DE1 was you could increase your combat strenght and keep knocking out advanced soldiers like MJ12 commandos with your basic baton, which also allowed you to break lockers, boxes and some doors for free. I really don't see the same deep implications in the gameplay when Adam just punch a dude when you press X.

I also hate that the camera goes into 3rd person when you sitck to a wall because it allows you to magically see into a corridor, while the guard in it can't see you...3rd person is so cheated for infiltration. Remember in IW when you could max your X-ray vision whithin less than 2 hours of game ? Remember how easy infiltrating was ?

was easy, walk up behind them aim for the back of their head. generally 2 stuns (or hits) would take them out, unless you had the dragon sword

my issue is all those gameplay stuff

and this color scheme, it's so goddamn ugly i'm tired of all this brown (and yellow) and bloom graphics.

Yeah but to walk silently to them you need to crouch and you can't hit their head if you crouch so you have to stand up but if they're walking they can get out of range if you're not fast enough, except if you have combat strengh at maximum which allows you to hit them in the legs and still knock them out, or if you have silent walk so you don't need to crouch...
And on the hardest difficulty you can't get away with "one or two" hits as they can one shot you. The dragon sword one shot them but it's louder (them cry as they die) and takes 4 units in your inventory...
See how everything involves gameplay choices ? I think that what made DE1 such a great game. The more gameplay the better, in DE3, I have the feeling it will just be pressing a button to trigger a cool animation.

theres a split second you can let go of crouch with non MJ 12 commandos since I don't want to risk messing up with them. also always silent walk, i don't see how speed walk helps covert stuff anyway. I get combat strength but I hardly turn it on because prod > most melee items

i've burned through deus ex hard mode many many times, it's not hard at all just sometimes tricky
even convert i still go back and take out everybody at the end of the stage (except for maybe versalife hong kong, thats a bitch one)
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
n00bination
Profile Joined October 2010
United States102 Posts
December 12 2010 21:32 GMT
#145
Personally, I feel that Deus Ex 1 has terribly outdated mechanics. Just played through it again last month after several years of it collecting dust, and boy oh boy was it an absolute chore. Were it not for me wanting to see how several of my more psychotic decisions played out in the world around me, I would not have made it through the game. I mean, until I got the higher levels of augmentations, I didn't feel very strong at all. Any shootout was just straight suicide, and stealth killing was the most tedious thing I've ever come across.

So forgive me if I say that I am all for the new gameplay mechanics that involve pressing a button to kill a grunt. So long as they don't give you the ability to jump into a room and blow apart 5 guards at once right from the get-go, I'm ok with whatever modern liberties they take with the gameplay. Besides, the beauty of the first game was not in the game mechanics, but in the way your choices were reflected in the world around you. That's my take.
I'm not a racist, I'm just telling how it is.
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
December 12 2010 21:39 GMT
#146
On December 13 2010 06:32 n00bination wrote:
Personally, I feel that Deus Ex 1 has terribly outdated mechanics. Just played through it again last month after several years of it collecting dust, and boy oh boy was it an absolute chore. Were it not for me wanting to see how several of my more psychotic decisions played out in the world around me, I would not have made it through the game. I mean, until I got the higher levels of augmentations, I didn't feel very strong at all. Any shootout was just straight suicide, and stealth killing was the most tedious thing I've ever come across.

So forgive me if I say that I am all for the new gameplay mechanics that involve pressing a button to kill a grunt. So long as they don't give you the ability to jump into a room and blow apart 5 guards at once right from the get-go, I'm ok with whatever modern liberties they take with the gameplay. Besides, the beauty of the first game was not in the game mechanics, but in the way your choices were reflected in the world around you. That's my take.

ideally how many hits it should take to kill somebody (melee or guns) should be differentiated out in difficulty modes but i doubt that will be the case.

oh yeah, early on in Deus ex i feel invincible with gas grenades. hehe
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
viletomato
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada277 Posts
December 12 2010 21:47 GMT
#147
On December 13 2010 05:29 NormandyBoy wrote:
I must say I'm more and more worry about DE3. I mean, a cover system why not, but those retarded instant kill are so dumb.
Remember how hard it was to knock out silently even a mere soldier in DE1 ? You had to hit it right in the head without him noticing you, and he could he moving or sat which made the thing harder. Now, you just have to push one button, the animation is different according to the enemy's position but you just press the same button and it works just fine. Where is the fucking gameplay ?
One cool thing in DE1 was you could increase your combat strenght and keep knocking out advanced soldiers like MJ12 commandos with your basic baton, which also allowed you to break lockers, boxes and some doors for free. I really don't see the same deep implications in the gameplay when Adam just punch a dude when you press X.

I also hate that the camera goes into 3rd person when you sitck to a wall because it allows you to magically see into a corridor, while the guard in it can't see you...3rd person is so cheated for infiltration. Remember in IW when you could max your X-ray vision whithin less than 2 hours of game ? Remember how easy infiltrating was ?



Um Deus Ex 1 wasn't hard at all... I played it on the hardest difficulty with no problems. The sniper rifle in Deus Ex was so overpowered, 1 shot kills to everything at a supreme range. It wasn't challenging at all. At least the kills in Deus Ex 3 you have to get close to the target. If one argues ...'well snipers are only effective once you upgrade them a bunch'. well how does one know those arm blade take downs are obtained early game?
Tomatoes, the king of fruits
n00bination
Profile Joined October 2010
United States102 Posts
December 12 2010 21:51 GMT
#148
In any case, when I get the game, I know that I WON'T be comparing it to Deus Ex 1. That's just not fair for the new game. Judge it on its own merits, not on the merits of a game that has such a strong legacy developed over the past decade.
I'm not a racist, I'm just telling how it is.
Blobskillz
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany548 Posts
December 12 2010 21:53 GMT
#149
Square Enix thsi game can only fail
viletomato
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada277 Posts
December 12 2010 21:57 GMT
#150
On December 13 2010 06:53 Blobskillz wrote:
Square Enix thsi game can only fail



What does Square Enix have anything to do with it failing? Eidos Montreal is developing it....
Tomatoes, the king of fruits
Blobskillz
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany548 Posts
December 13 2010 00:20 GMT
#151
On December 13 2010 06:57 viletomato wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2010 06:53 Blobskillz wrote:
Square Enix thsi game can only fail



What does Square Enix have anything to do with it failing? Eidos Montreal is developing it....


yeah then take a look at the recent games Square Enix published. All of them were crap and not even close to what I'd consider a finished game. As much as I want this game to succeed Square Enix gives me a headache.
Krigwin
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
1130 Posts
December 13 2010 00:26 GMT
#152
On December 13 2010 06:51 n00bination wrote:
In any case, when I get the game, I know that I WON'T be comparing it to Deus Ex 1. That's just not fair for the new game. Judge it on its own merits, not on the merits of a game that has such a strong legacy developed over the past decade.

I'll be comparing it to Deus Ex. Know why? Because the game has "Deus Ex" in its title. If they wanted the game to be judged by its own merits, they should have named it "Generic Sci-Fi FPS #25208" or something, instead of "Deus Ex". The "Deus Ex" in the title is supposed to remind you of Deus Ex. That's why I'll be comparing it to Deus Ex, and if it doesn't compare, then it has failed.

You can't have it both ways. Either have an original IP that can be judged solely on its own merits, or a sequel that gains brand recognition but also has an obligation to the original.
trainRiderJ
Profile Joined August 2010
United States615 Posts
December 16 2010 15:16 GMT
#153
Looks like we'll be waiting a little longer for this one:

http://www.1up.com/news/deus-ex-human-revolution-delayed
Chewie
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark708 Posts
December 16 2010 15:20 GMT
#154
So Final Fantasy XIV bombed and this is making them try harder with Deus Ex. How very fortunate *maniacal laugh*.
trainRiderJ
Profile Joined August 2010
United States615 Posts
December 16 2010 16:02 GMT
#155
Just what I was thinking
xaeiu
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
432 Posts
December 18 2010 20:59 GMT
#156
a extendet trailer just got released...looks pretty sweet, although there is no gameplay

http://store.steampowered.com/video/39170/80486
cLemenZa
Profile Joined November 2010
England66 Posts
December 20 2010 23:20 GMT
#157
Anyone else just excited for the storyline? For me it was the beauty of the original Deus Ex and was the reason why I went back again and again
'The sun never sets on the British Empire,' 1919
KillyKyll
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States267 Posts
December 21 2010 03:54 GMT
#158
On December 21 2010 08:20 cLemenZa wrote:
Anyone else just excited for the storyline? For me it was the beauty of the original Deus Ex and was the reason why I went back again and again


Well, for me, that's the problem.

Deus Ex is so great, that I'm worried that 3 will just try and fail. The extended trailer actually did give me hope, as it seemed to at least take place in a similar universe as the first.
Seriously?
cLemenZa
Profile Joined November 2010
England66 Posts
December 21 2010 22:32 GMT
#159
On December 21 2010 12:54 Killykill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2010 08:20 cLemenZa wrote:
Anyone else just excited for the storyline? For me it was the beauty of the original Deus Ex and was the reason why I went back again and again


Well, for me, that's the problem.

Deus Ex is so great, that I'm worried that 3 will just try and fail. The extended trailer actually did give me hope, as it seemed to at least take place in a similar universe as the first.


Really? I feel from the trailers that the developers are trying to recreate the feel of DX1 - just look at the protagonist, but only time will tell I guess
'The sun never sets on the British Empire,' 1919
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
February 03 2011 18:34 GMT
#160
Another new Trailer.

fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 76 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings95
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE169
StarCraft: Brood War
Sharp 45
Bale 26
Dota 2
monkeys_forever548
NeuroSwarm209
League of Legends
Doublelift4022
Counter-Strike
taco 483
Other Games
summit1g7097
JimRising 497
C9.Mang0351
ToD87
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick715
BasetradeTV172
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 136
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP88
• poizon28 41
• davetesta27
• Adnapsc2 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra871
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
8h 30m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
10h 30m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 30m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 30m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
Patches Events
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.