• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:17
CEST 04:17
KST 11:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9804 users

Deus Ex 3!? - Page 10

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 76 Next
ballasdontcry
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada595 Posts
February 04 2011 21:52 GMT
#181
How is it even fair to judge Deus Ex 1 by the standards of 2011? Might as well blast SC1 for having zealots that move like robots, not having more than 12 units per control group, etc etc..

It was advanced for its time, and it's a classic. It's a perfect fusion of shooter and RPG. What more is there to say about a great game? I'm sure you can nitpick like this for every game >10 years old...
Treemonkeys
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States2082 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-04 22:08:34
February 04 2011 22:04 GMT
#182
I was reading the PC gamer coverage on DX3 and it actually looks like it might actually be good, I don't want to get my hopes up too much to be let down like in DX2, but I'll be playing DX3 and giving it an honest chance for sure.

So in anticipation I started a new play through of DX1 which I haven't touched in years, can't believe how much "real world" conspiracy theory stuff is littered in the game that completely went over my head when I was younger.

Maybe someone can answer who has played it more than I have, how many skill specializations are reasonable to "max out" towards the end of the game? I don't want to overdo it and be a jack of all trades, master of none. I'd like to do melee/rifle/electronics/lockpick/computers to be a sort of infiltration specialist, and maybe add pistols if that's not too much. I remember being really powerful at the end of the game but I can't remember how many skills I was using. I always wanted to do a build where I get melee skill and the melee aug which I assume is going to be kick ass when I get that dragon sword later in the game.
http://shroomspiration.blogspot.com/
Newbistic
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
China2912 Posts
February 04 2011 22:27 GMT
#183
On February 04 2011 18:46 sc4k wrote:
Wow, something I actually disagree with you on Boblion! That's a first. I love the skill system.

Having shot quite a few guns in my times (pistols and shotguns) I can tell you that if you don't have any skill using a weapon you really have a ridiculous shot. You can't hit a target 10 metres away with a pistol. Now obviously, an agent who has been trained will not be a complete noob so surely you should be able to hit enemies properly from the start of the game??

Well of course, you can!!! Because the game allows you to pick skills at the beginning, it means you can control what 'training' JC got...it could have been covert ops or sniper rifle 101 or whatever. If you want, as you know, you can start the game being advanced in a weapon and therefore pretty badass from the beginning. Then as he learns more dimensions so he can cope, he learns to be better with other weapons. I think the skill system is an IMMENSE boon, I think it should be ADDED to not taken away. It makes it way more RPG and awesome to have the system in as well as augmentations. Why would lack of experience prevent you from physically obtaining advanced weapons and pressing the trigger button?

Also, I love getting XP for exploring. And it makes sense, in a warped RPG sort of way...you get rewarded for casing the joint because it shows you have epic finding skills and therefore are a good agent.

Trading XP for accuracy is an AWESOME thing, imo. It also means that you have to specialise in specific weapons, which is completely realistic, seeing as real weapons all have different feelings to them and you have to get used to the way they recoil and feel and even the mentality of using them.


That's an interesting take on Deus Ex's game design.

Personally, I think the weapons system should be like how Boblion says, in that you start out trained in weapons and only become stronger over time with added mods. It's a bit ridiculous that an expensive, advanced prototype agent like Denton is sent into the field with only poor pistol training and becomes a master marksman over the course of the game's events. True, master level makes weapons OP in Deus Ex, but that's mostly because enemies didn't scale in size or difficulty as the game progressed. Even when fully leveled Denton's marksmanship is merely on par with the pin-point accuracy of protagonists in other shooters. Crysis does a decent, albeit very simple, job of this, by allowing your character to pick up additional mods for his gun through the game.

I agree with you in the way the XP system is implemented. Deus Ex is a game full of secrets, so giving XP is an excellent way of providing the incentive to explore. For a game like Deus Ex this is far better than giving XP for killing enemies, since then the player would just grind through all the enemies instead of taking time to explore. The XP system funnels the player towards the game's strengths rather than its comparatively awkward combat.
Logic is Overrated
KOPF
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Finland164 Posts
February 04 2011 22:39 GMT
#184
On February 05 2011 07:04 Treemonkeys wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I was reading the PC gamer coverage on DX3 and it actually looks like it might actually be good, I don't want to get my hopes up too much to be let down like in DX2, but I'll be playing DX3 and giving it an honest chance for sure.

So in anticipation I started a new play through of DX1 which I haven't touched in years, can't believe how much "real world" conspiracy theory stuff is littered in the game that completely went over my head when I was younger.

Maybe someone can answer who has played it more than I have, how many skill specializations are reasonable to "max out" towards the end of the game? I don't want to overdo it and be a jack of all trades, master of none. I'd like to do melee/rifle/electronics/lockpick/computers to be a sort of infiltration specialist, and maybe add pistols if that's not too much. I remember being really powerful at the end of the game but I can't remember how many skills I was using. I always wanted to do a build where I get melee skill and the melee aug which I assume is going to be kick ass when I get that dragon sword later in the game
.


I got 6 skills maxed but I did have the Shifter mod on (which adds more ways for getting skill points) when I played it through again last week. That game is still one of the best games around despite some UI, control and AI issues. It could say something about the decline in the modern games or the fact that the 1st Deus Ex was just in a class of its own.

I seriously hope that Deus Ex 3 will be better then 2. If it actually works it'll be much better then IW already.

+ Show Spoiler +
I wonder how the game will end in the bombing of the Statue of Liberty (because the game developers said that the ending of Deus Ex 3 will link to the founding of UNATCO and UNATCO was founded after the said bombing.


The game looks gorgeous though and I am getting a much better vibe from it then from IW. I think it was unreasonable to think that DX3 would be just a DX1 with better graphics though, because the times have changed and there is a broader audience then just die hard pc gamers. If DX3 captures the atmosphere, style and story of DX1, it will be really good. And the action will be probably better looking and more natural feeling in DX3 with the modern technology.
stroggos
Profile Joined February 2009
New Zealand1543 Posts
February 04 2011 22:52 GMT
#185
On February 05 2011 06:52 ballasdontcry wrote:
How is it even fair to judge Deus Ex 1 by the standards of 2011? Might as well blast SC1 for having zealots that move like robots, not having more than 12 units per control group, etc etc..

It was advanced for its time, and it's a classic. It's a perfect fusion of shooter and RPG. What more is there to say about a great game? I'm sure you can nitpick like this for every game >10 years old...


imo deus ex 1 is still one of the best games ever when compared to games made in the past several years, i first played deus ex in about 2007-8 and it was amazing. The height of game innovation in this day and age is dual SMG's
hi
Treemonkeys
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States2082 Posts
February 05 2011 00:49 GMT
#186
On February 05 2011 07:52 stroggos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2011 06:52 ballasdontcry wrote:
How is it even fair to judge Deus Ex 1 by the standards of 2011? Might as well blast SC1 for having zealots that move like robots, not having more than 12 units per control group, etc etc..

It was advanced for its time, and it's a classic. It's a perfect fusion of shooter and RPG. What more is there to say about a great game? I'm sure you can nitpick like this for every game >10 years old...


imo deus ex 1 is still one of the best games ever when compared to games made in the past several years, i first played deus ex in about 2007-8 and it was amazing. The height of game innovation in this day and age is dual SMG's


Yeah for sure, games have really taken a step backwards IMO for the sake of accessibility and yearly releases.
http://shroomspiration.blogspot.com/
DisaFear
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia4074 Posts
February 05 2011 00:56 GMT
#187
On February 05 2011 07:52 stroggos wrote:
imo deus ex 1 is still one of the best games ever when compared to games made in the past several years, i first played deus ex in about 2007-8 and it was amazing.


This
Probably time to give it another shot, and try to stealth. Never happens, as much as I say it, need to shoot that guy to steal his stuff!
How devious | http://anartisticanswer.blogspot.com.au/
Spekulatius
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany2413 Posts
February 05 2011 01:11 GMT
#188
Deus Ex, Baldurs Gate II and Starcraft. My lonely island games (and yea, those also ).
Always smile~
DannyJ
Profile Joined March 2010
United States5110 Posts
February 05 2011 01:11 GMT
#189
On February 05 2011 07:52 stroggos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2011 06:52 ballasdontcry wrote:
How is it even fair to judge Deus Ex 1 by the standards of 2011? Might as well blast SC1 for having zealots that move like robots, not having more than 12 units per control group, etc etc..

It was advanced for its time, and it's a classic. It's a perfect fusion of shooter and RPG. What more is there to say about a great game? I'm sure you can nitpick like this for every game >10 years old...


The height of game innovation in this day and age is dual SMG's


Haha so true.
viletomato
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada277 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-07 19:42:34
March 07 2011 19:39 GMT
#190
For you Deus Ex fans, the release date for DX:HR is going to be released early this week!!

The count down timer is set to Tuesday 8:00am (dont' know what timezone) on a french website.
http://www.micromania.fr/

Source: http://twitter.com/sdastous/status/43903732051738624
By the way, d'Astous is the founder of eidos montreal so the source is official.


I'm hoping for a May release!

Tomatoes, the king of fruits
Miss_Cleo
Profile Joined March 2010
United States406 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-07 19:56:57
March 07 2011 19:56 GMT
#191
time to fix my ps3 which i haven't touched in about 4 months just for this game
viletomato
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada277 Posts
March 08 2011 15:35 GMT
#192
Oh damn it's coming out Aug 26th 2011. Too bad I wanted to play it in the spring. Ahhhhhhhhhh


Tomatoes, the king of fruits
Lord_of_Chaos
Profile Joined June 2007
Sweden372 Posts
March 08 2011 16:04 GMT
#193
On March 08 2011 04:39 viletomato wrote:
For you Deus Ex fans, the release date for DX:HR is going to be released early this week!!

The count down timer is set to Tuesday 8:00am (dont' know what timezone) on a french website.
http://www.micromania.fr/

Source: http://twitter.com/sdastous/status/43903732051738624
By the way, d'Astous is the founder of eidos montreal so the source is official.


I'm hoping for a May release!


So the release date for the release date has been set?
viletomato
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada277 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-19 15:32:30
March 08 2011 16:12 GMT
#194
On March 09 2011 01:04 Lord_of_Chaos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2011 04:39 viletomato wrote:
For you Deus Ex fans, the release date for DX:HR is going to be released early this week!!

The count down timer is set to Tuesday 8:00am (dont' know what timezone) on a french website.
http://www.micromania.fr/

Source: http://twitter.com/sdastous/status/43903732051738624
By the way, d'Astous is the founder of eidos montreal so the source is official.


I'm hoping for a May release!


So the release date for the release date has been set?



Yes, and the REAL release date is the 23rd of August
Tomatoes, the king of fruits
CROrens
Profile Joined May 2007
Croatia1005 Posts
March 18 2011 09:38 GMT
#195
gameplay footage



note: people bitch about object outlines, but im sure you can disable that in options. no i dont have a source, just common sense
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives. - Anonymous ......||......Hyuk fan! \o/
TinchoSN
Profile Joined February 2011
Argentina8 Posts
March 20 2011 23:08 GMT
#196
On March 18 2011 18:38 CROrens wrote:
gameplay footage

+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnDEH0CmW_c


note: people bitch about object outlines, but im sure you can disable that in options. no i dont have a source, just common sense


Amazing footage! Gives hopes of a true heir to Deus Ex 1... I keep my fingers crossed!

Agree on the outlines. Probably justify it with some augmentation.
phanto
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden708 Posts
March 20 2011 23:16 GMT
#197
I must say it looks like totally drab shit from what I've seen. Loved Deus Ex, haven't played the sequel.
iNbluE
Profile Joined January 2011
Switzerland674 Posts
March 20 2011 23:35 GMT
#198
On February 05 2011 10:11 Spekulatius wrote:
Deus Ex, Baldurs Gate II and Starcraft. My lonely island games (and yea, those also ).


You Sir have a great mind
ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
viletomato
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada277 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-04 21:30:17
April 04 2011 21:28 GMT
#199
Here's the new trailer (out a few weeks already),

It shows 3 ways to play a stage.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-FxYxPtMi4]
[/url]


sorry i dont' know how to embed the video
Tomatoes, the king of fruits
disciple
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
9071 Posts
April 04 2011 21:41 GMT
#200
the gameplay trailer is great, but if Im honest from what I saw Deus Ex is going to steer rather too close to Ghost In The Shell
Administrator"I'm a big deal." - ixmike88
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 76 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings132
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 77
PiLiPiLi 27
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1993
Bale 42
Dota 2
monkeys_forever535
NeuroSwarm194
League of Legends
Doublelift4408
Counter-Strike
taco 630
Other Games
summit1g7628
JimRising 542
C9.Mang0368
WinterStarcraft163
ViBE161
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick929
BasetradeTV178
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 110
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP96
• poizon28 32
• davetesta29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1144
• Shiphtur16
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
7h 43m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
9h 43m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 43m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 43m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.