• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:03
CEST 22:03
KST 05:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11141 users

Deus Ex 3!? - Page 55

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 57 76 Next
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
September 02 2011 06:27 GMT
#1081
On September 02 2011 14:54 GTR wrote:
playing through the last level, my god, the developers sure got lazy with their enemy coding.

Last level was like a l4dead game lol.

Only time the shotgun was useful for me ( such a shitty weapon compared to dx1 -.- )
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
September 02 2011 06:29 GMT
#1082
On September 02 2011 15:27 Boblion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2011 14:54 GTR wrote:
playing through the last level, my god, the developers sure got lazy with their enemy coding.

Last level was like a l4dead game lol.

Only time the shotgun was useful for me ( such a shitty weapon compared to dx1 -.- )

i ditched my shotty for a pulse rifle before the last level and i was like

but i finally managed to find one haha. then i ended up using the heavy rifle anyway
Writer
Karliath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2214 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-02 06:41:46
September 02 2011 06:37 GMT
#1083
On September 02 2011 15:24 sob3k wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2011 15:22 Kiante wrote:
On September 02 2011 15:13 sob3k wrote:
Well, I've been playing the game a bit....but I'm having some issues with it, kinda dissapointed.

I wrote a blog about it, but I should post it here too. If anyone disagrees or want to weigh in...

http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=261729




You wrote a blog about how you suck completely and utterly at the game.

you wrote a blog about how you cant use more than 4 buttons

You wrote a blog about how you cant think creatively (i played a shootem up hacker fyi).


Then instead of QQing in this thread

you wrote a fucking blog about it.


Rofl. go play halo son.

edit: and you thought it was worth bold and bigging. seriously? what so important about your blog about being a little bitch?


Are you for real? Did you even read what I wrote?


Wow, no reason to be that antagonizing dude. -.-

In response to sob3k's blog post:

Controls:
Because I mapped right click to ironsights, something more standard (though I never ended up needing it, with laser pointers), and cover to a macro button on my mouse, I didn't feel like there were too many buttons. Oh, and I never used toggle walk/run. That's only for feigning a dramatic moment, imo, or if you get motion sickness running in tight spaces. I guess F1-F4 is awkward, but I only ever got cloak and typhoon, and I only used them up to two times max throughout the whole game, so that didn't bother me. Crouching and Jumping was awkward though. Sometimes when I was crouched, pressing crouch again simply didn't allow my character to stand up. It wasn't infuriating, but definitely noticeable.

Interface:
In terms of weapon space, I never had a problem with that because I would always just drop my sniper rifle, which takes up lots of space, and pick up the item to see how much space it takes. I'd only have to pick up one item if I didn't like what I picked up. I agree with most of your other opinions in this category though.

Customization:
Personally, I had so many praxis kits midway through the game that I was a hacker AND a shooter. I agree with the lack of choice in the things you detailed. What you don't mention, however, is the variety of ways in which you can pass a level. I think that is where to choice comes in the best. Talk your way past guards, sneak past guards "openly," sneak past guards through airducts, cloak past guards, knock out guards, lethal melee guards, hack to 1) kill guards 2) bypass guards, shoot guards, etc. I admit to not really experiencing the problems you had in this section, because I chose to do a no hostile melee run, except for bosses.

Overall, however, none of the problems really detracted from the game in a notable sense for me. I think this is a great game that handles several aspects of gaming that I like laudably, even if not perfectly. I mean, if I have to nitpick, my two biggest problems were 1) my upgraded pistol could headshot enemies with helmets, whereas my sniper rifle couldn't 2) some of the Chinese characters on the items in-game had such low resolution that I could barely read what they were saying.
DisaFear
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia4074 Posts
September 02 2011 06:53 GMT
#1084
On September 02 2011 15:37 Karliath wrote:
Oh, and I never used toggle walk/run. That's only for feigning a dramatic moment, imo, or if you get motion sickness running in tight spaces


A use for walk - it helps you approach mines, if you want to collect them or just get past them. You cannot do this normally, only when walking (crouched i believe?)
How devious | http://anartisticanswer.blogspot.com.au/
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
September 02 2011 06:54 GMT
#1085
I shot them

>.>
Writer
Karliath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2214 Posts
September 02 2011 06:55 GMT
#1086
On September 02 2011 15:53 DisaFear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2011 15:37 Karliath wrote:
Oh, and I never used toggle walk/run. That's only for feigning a dramatic moment, imo, or if you get motion sickness running in tight spaces


A use for walk - it helps you approach mines, if you want to collect them or just get past them. You cannot do this normally, only when walking (crouched i believe?)


Ohhh I guess that's true. I read/watched that quick tutorial that told you to approach it crouched, slowly, and tried it a few times, only for the mines to blow up in my face. After that, I just stopped trying. Good to know.
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-02 07:03:03
September 02 2011 07:00 GMT
#1087
On September 02 2011 15:53 DisaFear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2011 15:37 Karliath wrote:
Oh, and I never used toggle walk/run. That's only for feigning a dramatic moment, imo, or if you get motion sickness running in tight spaces


A use for walk - it helps you approach mines, if you want to collect them or just get past them. You cannot do this normally, only when walking (crouched i believe?)


yeah, thats what I used it for

To people saying you were a hacker and a shooter, thats exactly what I meant, but I just went entirely into the hacker tree and shot normally. If you have lvl 4 hacking and find a lvl 5 door you are fucked, but If you are a lvl 5 hacker and meet a 20 soldiers, you can still shoot them with a little finesse, so there is really no point in putting anything into the gunning tree.
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
September 02 2011 07:11 GMT
#1088
What are the difference in terms of story for nonlethal versus lethal.

Are the endings different?

Are the boss fight endings different?

Anything?
twitch.tv/medrea
Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
September 02 2011 07:21 GMT
#1089
On September 02 2011 15:53 DisaFear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2011 15:37 Karliath wrote:
Oh, and I never used toggle walk/run. That's only for feigning a dramatic moment, imo, or if you get motion sickness running in tight spaces


A use for walk - it helps you approach mines, if you want to collect them or just get past them. You cannot do this normally, only when walking (crouched i believe?)


It's so good when you're trying to move extra silently. That is ofcourse, if you don't have the augs for that, and I don't yet. Just got to Shangai now.
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
Resilient
Profile Joined June 2010
United Kingdom1431 Posts
September 02 2011 07:40 GMT
#1090
On September 02 2011 16:11 Medrea wrote:
What are the difference in terms of story for nonlethal versus lethal.

Are the endings different?

Are the boss fight endings different?

Anything?


No, it just changes what starter weapon you're given. Everything else is based on conversation choice or performance in one specific mission.
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
September 02 2011 07:54 GMT
#1091
On September 02 2011 16:40 Resilient wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2011 16:11 Medrea wrote:
What are the difference in terms of story for nonlethal versus lethal.

Are the endings different?

Are the boss fight endings different?

Anything?


No, it just changes what starter weapon you're given. Everything else is based on conversation choice or performance in one specific mission.


I apologize I wasn't clear. I meant approach to the game.

What happens between lethal and nonlethal in the endgame.
twitch.tv/medrea
Resilient
Profile Joined June 2010
United Kingdom1431 Posts
September 02 2011 08:07 GMT
#1092
Well there's really no difference if you go lethal or not at any point of the game. It doesn't change the story. Non-lethal is more rewarding XP-wise, but not necessarily harder than lethal even at end-game.

Boss fights are always lethal, you can't escape that. The ending can change a little in what he says during it if you played terminator mode or pacifist mode.
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
September 02 2011 08:30 GMT
#1093
On September 02 2011 17:07 Resilient wrote:.

Boss fights are always lethal, you can't escape that. The ending can change a little in what he says during it if you played terminator mode or pacifist mode.


Thanks, thats EXACTLY what I wanted to know. Should I play again to find out the differences?
twitch.tv/medrea
Resilient
Profile Joined June 2010
United Kingdom1431 Posts
September 02 2011 10:13 GMT
#1094
Not really worth replaying it purely for that. It's literally two sentences. You can probably youtube it instead.
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
September 02 2011 10:15 GMT
#1095
Anyone keep crashing when exiting the Chiron Building in Detroit? (Adam's apartment building). I noticed this during my first playthrough, but somehow found a way to fix it by tweaking my graphics settings. Now, I'm stuck once again, and no amount of tweaking is helping. T_T please patch this buggy game Eidos.
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
Gowerly
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom916 Posts
September 02 2011 10:31 GMT
#1096
Did a pacifist run with no cloak or sound suppression upgrades. Was quite hard except for panchaea whereupon I just ran through it.
I will reduce you to a series of numbers.
DarKcS
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia1237 Posts
September 02 2011 10:38 GMT
#1097
Just load the autosave/quicksave and re-watch all the 'endings' (just crappy videos). Only difference in what Jensen says is based on how many people you killed (he'll either say "I avoided killing people" or "I killed everyone who got in my way!").

Playing it again trying to go stealth only (+500 bonus for not being seen in a segment) is very tense and fun. You'll also spend more time in areas you never went through before. There's usually 3 ways to get in to a building (vent, door/hack + front door/rungun/wall break down), fun finding them all.
Die tomorrow - Live today
Thereisnosaurus
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia1822 Posts
September 02 2011 11:17 GMT
#1098
Playing it again trying to go stealth only (+500 bonus for not being seen in a segment) is very tense and fun. You'll also spend more time in areas you never went through before. There's usually 3 ways to get in to a building (vent, door/hack + front door/rungun/wall break down), fun finding them all.


I loved plotting out silent takedowns when you had three or so guards really close to each other. You'd tranq one and in the time it took him to collapse sneak up behind the others, stungun one and takedown the other. 3out without alerting anyone ^^ striiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike!
Poisonous Sheep counter Hydras
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
September 02 2011 14:29 GMT
#1099
On September 02 2011 16:00 sob3k wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2011 15:53 DisaFear wrote:
On September 02 2011 15:37 Karliath wrote:
Oh, and I never used toggle walk/run. That's only for feigning a dramatic moment, imo, or if you get motion sickness running in tight spaces


A use for walk - it helps you approach mines, if you want to collect them or just get past them. You cannot do this normally, only when walking (crouched i believe?)


yeah, thats what I used it for

To people saying you were a hacker and a shooter, thats exactly what I meant, but I just went entirely into the hacker tree and shot normally. If you have lvl 4 hacking and find a lvl 5 door you are fucked, but If you are a lvl 5 hacker and meet a 20 soldiers, you can still shoot them with a little finesse, so there is really no point in putting anything into the gunning tree.

I go around with hacking lvl 4 and if I run into lvl 5 security I just use those security bypass packs. I rather put that one point into silent hacking then lvl 5.
Chibithor
Profile Joined April 2011
Brazil514 Posts
September 02 2011 16:45 GMT
#1100
I'm currently on a second playthrough doing a stealthy no-hacking augs run. I've had to skip 3 sidequests so far, but at least one of them is possible without hacking. It's interesting to see how much I missed on my first time, especially when I can't take the 'just hack it' shortcuts.


+ Show Spoiler [Some help for Hangar] +
Some have had trouble with the hangar mechs, and I just found out a few things on my second playthrough that may help/clear up some things. Some of the guards that come after you during the alert have the password for the computer that can disable the mechs, though you still need the robot disabing aug.

The room also has a rocket launcher and enough ammo (3) to kill one of them, and a heavy rifle and enough ammo (185 or so) to let me finish the second one off with 4 revolver shots after firing using up the rifle ammo. I did this on Give me Deus Ex difficulty without any combat augs, so the heavy rifle might be enough on lower difficulties or accuracy aug, since I doubt my accuracy was 100%. You can fire at the mechs somewhat safely from under the helipad. The mechs don't hear anything, so you should be able to navigate around the room enough to find all of the items I mentioned as long as you're careful.
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 57 76 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 444
IndyStarCraft 301
EmSc Tv 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22024
Calm 2233
Shuttle 338
Mini 163
White-Ra 163
ZZZero.O 129
firebathero 73
scan(afreeca) 21
soO 12
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6136
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1503
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4481
Liquid`Hasu586
Other Games
summit1g6794
Liquid`RaSZi2302
FrodaN1522
fl0m1483
RotterdaM879
olofmeister855
B2W.Neo750
Beastyqt353
crisheroes295
Livibee229
Pyrionflax135
Mew2King57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick932
BasetradeTV206
StarCraft 2
angryscii 19
EmSc Tv 12
EmSc2Tv 12
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki46
• blackmanpl 20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1491
• Shiphtur699
• WagamamaTV349
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 57m
Replay Cast
2h 57m
OSC
15h 57m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.