• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:21
CEST 14:21
KST 21:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7119 users

Deus Ex 3!? - Page 18

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 76 Next
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
June 01 2011 20:05 GMT
#341
On June 02 2011 04:27 Fruscainte wrote:
I got to say, it's really good. It's not great, it's not astounding. But it's pretty damn good.

What is lacking to be great ?
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
NotJack
Profile Joined December 2009
United States737 Posts
June 01 2011 20:06 GMT
#342


I'm just guessing you hold DX1 in very high esteem, and if your hoping for them to come up with something as good or better, you'll likely feel like the guy who has read the books before going to a movie adaptation to whom the book will always be better. ;P


That analogy isn't perfect because the reasoning behind it is usually how books have much much more content/background of the story compared to the movie, and they're two entirely different mediums altogether.

While I do think nearly all cases of people loving old games is highly due to nostalgia (goldeneye's the best example imo), Deus Ex really is a true exception to the rule. It is undebatable that there has been one game to approach the kind of depth that Deus Ex has (Vampires Bloodlines) and while it was a great game, it didn't even approach the amazing world that is Deus Ex.

I really don't understand why people care about how well someone's eyelashes look in a game. It seems that as games have become more and more narrow with focus on large setpieces, gamers start to view a game less on less with what you actually do in it and how good it makes you feel.

Modern games don't have the joy of sneaking into a base only to find that the elevator you need to get on is blocked by three guards, and then finding out there's a manhole in a dark corner that takes you out into the lake the base is on that you can swim to the destination, or that there is a secret room opened with a pinball machine that has camo you can use to get past the guards. Am I the only one who gets tired of being in a near death situation in mordern games only having to press a universal action key to get out of it? In Deus Ex if you're in a tough situation, you're freaking out. In CoD I was falling off the side of a mountain and I was bored as hell waiting for the next part where I press M1 and M2 over and over.

These are the reasons some people here don't really care that much about graphics. Hopefully there won't be any deformed Spaniards in the final version but it wouldn't take much away from the game if it truly delivers.
Avean
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Norway449 Posts
June 01 2011 20:10 GMT
#343
I think this game will fail because its multiplatform sadly. You see it in the videos how bad the graphics are. Consoles are outdated and the pc market suffers cause of it.
sc4k
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United Kingdom5454 Posts
June 01 2011 20:33 GMT
#344
I would enjoy a game with year 2000 graphics if they brought it out at the level of quality deus ex is. In fact, if you could choose between 1 CoD and 4 deus ex's, I would consider you to be a blathering imbecile and a monstrous fail at life if you chose the former rather than the latter.
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-01 20:44:36
June 01 2011 20:43 GMT
#345
On June 02 2011 05:05 Boblion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 02 2011 04:27 Fruscainte wrote:
I got to say, it's really good. It's not great, it's not astounding. But it's pretty damn good.

What is lacking to be great ?


Well at the end of the day, it's still in Alpha.

There are a couple bugs. Face animations got a little wonky a lot, quicksave just stopped working near the end of the preview, and it crashed a couple times on me. Other than that though, it's solid.

If they can iron out those small things, it will be great.

I think this game will fail because its multiplatform sadly. You see it in the videos how bad the graphics are. Consoles are outdated and the pc market suffers cause of it.


If you base a games fun factor on it having photo-realistic graphics, you're going to not find many fun games. I just played it 10 hours straight and I had the time of my life. It lives up to the old game, this is a genuine sequel. They need to fire their marketing department because they made it look like shit when it really is not.

The game looks like trash in photos, I admit. However, although it does sound like a cop-out, believe me when I say the game looks 100% better when in motion.
sc4k
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United Kingdom5454 Posts
June 01 2011 21:01 GMT
#346
this is encouraging news fruscainte :D
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
June 01 2011 21:04 GMT
#347
On June 02 2011 06:01 sc4k wrote:
this is encouraging news fruscainte :D


Yah

I can't wait.

Too bad it comes out in fucking late August. Ugh.
nofAcedAgent
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States952 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-01 21:42:06
June 01 2011 21:41 GMT
#348
On June 01 2011 22:07 Boblion wrote:


Well i will appreciate your comments but to be really convinced i need a positive review by someone like Sadistx, Jibba or TheYango. You were too enthusiastic in the thread :p

If it is not as least as good than Dx1 i will be disappointed.


Hey you forgot about me!

Ive been trying to ignore this game since i heard about it, I just am not ready for another epic disapointment..

*fingers crossed*
NotJack
Profile Joined December 2009
United States737 Posts
June 01 2011 22:09 GMT
#349
Has there been a bad review from someone who played it besides meaningless graphic complaints? I haven't seen one yet.
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
June 01 2011 22:27 GMT
#350
On June 02 2011 07:09 NotJack wrote:
Has there been a bad review from someone who played it besides meaningless graphic complaints? I haven't seen one yet.


There are complaints about the cover system (switching from FPS to TPS) and some shooting mechanics. I noticed them, but I just looked past them since they were so minor.
Miss_Cleo
Profile Joined March 2010
United States406 Posts
June 01 2011 23:32 GMT
#351
On June 02 2011 07:27 Fruscainte wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 02 2011 07:09 NotJack wrote:
Has there been a bad review from someone who played it besides meaningless graphic complaints? I haven't seen one yet.


There are complaints about the cover system (switching from FPS to TPS) and some shooting mechanics. I noticed them, but I just looked past them since they were so minor.



can you elaborate on the shooting mechanics?
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
June 01 2011 23:53 GMT
#352
On June 02 2011 08:32 Miss_Cleo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 02 2011 07:27 Fruscainte wrote:
On June 02 2011 07:09 NotJack wrote:
Has there been a bad review from someone who played it besides meaningless graphic complaints? I haven't seen one yet.


There are complaints about the cover system (switching from FPS to TPS) and some shooting mechanics. I noticed them, but I just looked past them since they were so minor.



can you elaborate on the shooting mechanics?


Just the switch from third person to first person. One second you are looking down iron sights to your assault rifle, the next you are in cover leaning over and zooming in slightly like in Gears of War.

It gets confusing, to say the least.
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-02 00:38:22
June 02 2011 00:23 GMT
#353
Can't get rid of third person ?

Also, do you rate it higher than the witcher 2 ? ( I know that not the same kind of game, but still )
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51699 Posts
June 02 2011 01:56 GMT
#354
Played it up to going to the elevator. The graphics aren't TOO bad, but as many of you said, console implementation is putting it back. Reminds me way too much of the Source engine (which in 2011 is grossly outdated).

I do have to say some of the lighting/textures on some faces are horrid.
Commentator
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
June 02 2011 02:09 GMT
#355
On June 02 2011 10:56 GTR wrote:
Played it up to going to the elevator. The graphics aren't TOO bad, but as many of you said, console implementation is putting it back. Reminds me way too much of the Source engine (which in 2011 is grossly outdated).

I do have to say some of the lighting/textures on some faces are horrid.


It got on my nerves a bit too. But once you get 6-7 items you are constantly using, you realize very fast it's not a shitty console port.
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51699 Posts
June 02 2011 14:07 GMT
#356
Ugh, I hate how every time you get out of cover, you are always crouched.

I guess this game will take time to get used to.
Commentator
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
June 02 2011 15:41 GMT
#357
On June 02 2011 23:07 GTR wrote:
Ugh, I hate how every time you get out of cover, you are always crouched.

I guess this game will take time to get used to.


Not if you're standing in cover
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-02 17:06:06
June 02 2011 17:02 GMT
#358
On June 02 2011 10:56 GTR wrote:
Played it up to going to the elevator. The graphics aren't TOO bad, but as many of you said, console implementation is putting it back. Reminds me way too much of the Source engine (which in 2011 is grossly outdated).

I do have to say some of the lighting/textures on some faces are horrid.

I've just been watching footage on Youtube and it's not like it just looks bad for a 2011 game, it looks bad for a 2008 game. You can say it's "meaningless" but it's distracting how ugly everyone is and if done well, graphics can actually enhance gameplay. Especially in a Thief/DX type game where shadows and physics actually have some purpose. The graphics will probably be shored up a bit for release though.

I also heard right now maccel is forced, so aiming sucks. Confirmation Fruiscante? Also someone said the Xbox buttons to appear in the PC version at times, so there's your console port action.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-02 17:09:36
June 02 2011 17:06 GMT
#359
On June 03 2011 02:02 Jibba wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 02 2011 10:56 GTR wrote:
Played it up to going to the elevator. The graphics aren't TOO bad, but as many of you said, console implementation is putting it back. Reminds me way too much of the Source engine (which in 2011 is grossly outdated).

I do have to say some of the lighting/textures on some faces are horrid.

I've just been watching footage on Youtube and it's not like it just looks bad for a 2011 game, it looks bad for a 2008 game. You can say it's "meaningless" but it's distracting how ugly everyone is and if done well, graphics can actually enhance gameplay. Especially in a Thief/DX type game where shadows and physics actually have some purpose. The graphics will probably be shored up a bit for release though.

I also heard right now maccel is forced, so aiming sucks. Confirmation Fruiscante?



Yeah, there is MAJOR mouse lag. That's one thing I forgot to mention. It's also bugged to be forced DX11 unless you change it in the .exe.

Hopefully these are just bugs that won't actually be in the main game itself.

Also, there are console buttons in tutorials because this was a console preview. It was given to reviewers on the Xbox 360 to get a taste of it, and someone ripped it to PC. It's hardly a console port, especially with the item storage + having 7+ items used at once. Not once, past the first few tutorial things did I think this was a console port or did it even cross my mind. If I'm forced to use the Function Keys along with my entire numpad and 10+ other keys to do well, Console Port is not one of the first things that comes into my head.

Something I've noticed, as well, is that screenshots and captured video don't give it justice. I've seen dozens of screen shots, and they look like shit. And then I went and played it, and it looked nothing like the pictures. I mean, it literally looks nothing like how the game looks. It's really damn weird.
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
June 02 2011 17:13 GMT
#360
What do you mean it's an Xbox preview ripped to PC? That doesn't make much sense, especially if it's running DX11.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 76 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ByuNLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings203
SHIN 151
CranKy Ducklings SOOP53
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 391
ByuN 311
SHIN 151
Railgan 46
MindelVK 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 71593
Calm 11519
Rain 2490
Bisu 1455
FanTaSy 867
soO 542
Stork 532
Shuttle 434
Soma 264
Rush 246
[ Show more ]
Snow 205
firebathero 188
Last 144
Light 103
Mind 83
Pusan 73
Sea.KH 65
ToSsGirL 43
hero 40
Bale 40
Sharp 37
Trap 36
Killer 32
Hm[arnc] 31
Mong 30
Free 28
sorry 24
Aegong 20
Shine 20
yabsab 18
zelot 17
Noble 15
HiyA 14
Sacsri 13
IntoTheRainbow 11
Sexy 11
scan(afreeca) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8475
Dendi524
League of Legends
Reynor133
Counter-Strike
fl0m1316
x6flipin714
byalli649
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King69
Other Games
gofns29385
singsing2187
B2W.Neo573
Pyrionflax244
ToD129
Trikslyr25
Chillindude9
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV251
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 79
• Gemini_19 13
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
• Response 0
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV538
League of Legends
• Jankos3096
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1148
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 40m
OSC
10h 40m
Replay Cast
10h 40m
OSC
23h 40m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.