• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:35
CEST 12:35
KST 19:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8313 users

Deus Ex 3!? - Page 16

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 76 Next
snotboogie
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Australia3550 Posts
June 01 2011 09:44 GMT
#301
Downloaded the alpha (100% buying the game). Having played The Witcher 2, I have to say this game is sadly a case of consoles holding the PC back. The graphics are straight up bad. It's something we'll have to just accept. However, the gameplay does feel like Deus Ex - I'm loving hacking email accounts and sneaking into people's offices. Noone keeps secrets from me!
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
June 01 2011 09:45 GMT
#302
On June 01 2011 18:44 snotboogie wrote:
Downloaded the alpha (100% buying the game). Having played The Witcher 2, I have to say this game is sadly a case of consoles holding the PC back. The graphics are straight up bad. It's something we'll have to just accept. However, the gameplay does feel like Deus Ex - I'm loving hacking email accounts and sneaking into people's offices. Noone keeps secrets from me!

Well to be honest it could be really bad because it is an alpha :p
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
snotboogie
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Australia3550 Posts
June 01 2011 09:58 GMT
#303
On June 01 2011 18:45 Boblion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2011 18:44 snotboogie wrote:
Downloaded the alpha (100% buying the game). Having played The Witcher 2, I have to say this game is sadly a case of consoles holding the PC back. The graphics are straight up bad. It's something we'll have to just accept. However, the gameplay does feel like Deus Ex - I'm loving hacking email accounts and sneaking into people's offices. Noone keeps secrets from me!

Well to be honest it could be really bad because it is an alpha :p


From all the released footage we've seen so far, I don't think so. I'd love to be wrong about this but I really think this is the final graphics.
Golgotha
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)8418 Posts
June 01 2011 10:24 GMT
#304
will test and report back!
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
June 01 2011 12:17 GMT
#305
Playing it now

After my binge I'll say how it is. But what I can tell so far is this is not some "pre alpha" crap. This is pretty refined detail so far. In terms of graphics, what you see is what you're gonna get most likely and in terms of gameplay it's not going to change that much.
viletomato
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada277 Posts
June 01 2011 12:32 GMT
#306
Yes the graphics are not that great, but what it lacks in graphics it has makes up in atmosphere, environment + music.

Tomatoes, the king of fruits
DisaFear
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia4074 Posts
June 01 2011 12:46 GMT
#307
Mmmmm...everyone seems to be doing it

Should I...?
How devious | http://anartisticanswer.blogspot.com.au/
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-01 12:59:54
June 01 2011 12:55 GMT
#308
On June 01 2011 21:32 viletomato wrote:
Yes the graphics are not that great, but what it lacks in graphics it has makes up in atmosphere, environment + music.



To be honest, anything better than the first ones graphics I dont give a fuck

But it's pretty good so far.

Mmmmm...everyone seems to be doing it

Should I...?


If you're a fan, definitely. This is not some pre-alpha bullshit as I said before, this is just before they polish it up for release for sure. I dont think people realize that games are finished months before they are released unless they are MMO's or some shit that are in BETA until the last week.

Unfortunately it'd be illegal to link a reliable link, and most of the major sites that have it have malware on them.
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-01 12:59:11
June 01 2011 12:58 GMT
#309
I want to see a review by a PC gamer who has played Dx1 and is a doubter.

( Sry Fruscainte )
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-01 13:01:03
June 01 2011 13:00 GMT
#310
On June 01 2011 21:58 Boblion wrote:
I want to see a review by a PC gamer who has played Dx1 and is a doubter.

( Sry Fruscainte )


I've beaten Dx1 three times. And Invisible War once (which sucked) and I am going into this with a keen eye. It's not like I'm going into this thinking it's the bets game ever, haha. I'm just starting the first real mission after the tutorial, so we'll see how this turns out.
Gnosis
Profile Joined December 2008
Scotland912 Posts
June 01 2011 13:02 GMT
#311
On June 01 2011 21:32 viletomato wrote:
Yes the graphics are not that great, but what it lacks in graphics it has makes up in atmosphere, environment + music.



Yeah, but I've been spoiled (most recently by The Witcher 2 - which had graphics, atmosphere and environment). I'm going to be very disappointed if this game is as ugly as those screens make it look.
"Reason is flawless, de jure, but reasoners are not, de facto." – Peter Kreeft
Anda
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany152 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-01 13:06:20
June 01 2011 13:03 GMT
#312
I don't play the beta/alpha... I just hope the game is not too casual. The Witcher 2 was a great RPG, copy that and improve the inventory/performance.
The Graphics are the same since 2006, everyone complaining about games not using the pc at its full potential are retarded, its this way since release of ps3/xbox360. the game with the overall best graphics is crysis (2006). all game-graphics are made to run on consoles, so there will be no new graphic-monsters, if the game is released on consoles.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
June 01 2011 13:07 GMT
#313
On June 01 2011 22:00 Fruscainte wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2011 21:58 Boblion wrote:
I want to see a review by a PC gamer who has played Dx1 and is a doubter.

( Sry Fruscainte )


I've beaten Dx1 three times. And Invisible War once (which sucked) and I am going into this with a keen eye. It's not like I'm going into this thinking it's the bets game ever, haha. I'm just starting the first real mission after the tutorial, so we'll see how this turns out.

Well i will appreciate your comments but to be really convinced i need a positive review by someone like Sadistx, Jibba or TheYango. You were too enthusiastic in the thread :p

If it is not as least as good than Dx1 i will be disappointed.
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
Deserex
Profile Joined November 2010
United States317 Posts
June 01 2011 13:08 GMT
#314
Slayers Domination baby!
"If you can chill, chill." - Liquid'Nony
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-01 13:09:11
June 01 2011 13:08 GMT
#315
On June 01 2011 22:02 Gnosis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2011 21:32 viletomato wrote:
Yes the graphics are not that great, but what it lacks in graphics it has makes up in atmosphere, environment + music.



Yeah, but I've been spoiled (most recently by The Witcher 2 - which had graphics, atmosphere and environment). I'm going to be very disappointed if this game is as ugly as those screens make it look.


It's very, very gold filtered from what I can tell so far. It's also very bright. I guess it's going for that future-esque look. It's pulling it off really nicely. It's no Witcher 2, but it doesn't have to be to look nice. The graphics are nothing special, but they're good.

Well i will appreciate your comments but to be really convinced i need a positive review by someone like Sadistx, Jibba or TheYango. You were too enthusiastic in the thread

If it is not as least as good than Dx1 i will be disappointed.


Haters always gonna hate. If you go into a game expecting utter shit, you're going to get utter shit.
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-01 13:15:04
June 01 2011 13:13 GMT
#316
Nah some people just have high expectations
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
Furycrab
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada456 Posts
June 01 2011 14:26 GMT
#317
Expectations are fine, but if you expect any game to compete with strong feelings for a classic you loved, you'll likely be disappointed no matter what.

Too tired to come up with something witty.
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-01 14:29:55
June 01 2011 14:29 GMT
#318
Dx 1 is still better than 99% of the games released nowadays. It has nothing to do with nostalgia.
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
June 01 2011 14:36 GMT
#319
I'm curious, but downloading it off a torrent site seems like a terrible idea. o.o
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
Maynarde
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia1286 Posts
June 01 2011 14:38 GMT
#320
Graphics don't make a great game, gameplay is where it's at I'm really excited about this Deus Ex, hope it kicks ass but not gonna play the Alpha will wait for full release.
CommentatorAustralian SC2 Caster | Twitter: @MaynardeSC2 | Twitch: twitch.tv/maynarde
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 76 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs AzuraLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings101
CranKy Ducklings SOOP44
SHIN 36
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 256
ByuN 202
mouzHeroMarine 36
SHIN 36
MindelVK 5
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35342
Calm 10036
Rain 3065
soO 826
BeSt 645
FanTaSy 601
Stork 450
Bisu 362
Soulkey 332
Soma 321
[ Show more ]
Rush 256
firebathero 240
Barracks 110
Last 100
Mind 65
Pusan 60
Shinee 50
Light 43
Sexy 36
ToSsGirL 34
Killer 31
Snow 28
Sharp 26
hero 23
HiyA 21
Terrorterran 21
Shine 18
sorry 17
Sacsri 15
Trap 15
yabsab 15
Hm[arnc] 14
zelot 12
Noble 7
scan(afreeca) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5843
League of Legends
Reynor35
Counter-Strike
byalli416
x6flipin0
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King119
Other Games
gofns36109
singsing2022
Pyrionflax241
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV214
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 61
• Dystopia_ 1
• Gemini_19 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV340
League of Legends
• Jankos3100
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 25m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 25m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 25m
OSC
12h 25m
OSC
1d 1h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.