• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:53
CEST 19:53
KST 02:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10181 users

Path of Exile - Page 1440

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
Glacierz
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1245 Posts
July 31 2018 02:32 GMT
#28781
Hmm... I took a quick look on trade, there are very few VD helm enchants selling, all with pretty insane prices. I probably also need 6L elder gloves and attack speed for the frenzy setup. Looks like these two items will run around 20 ex total, not sure if I want to invest that much into this one.
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
July 31 2018 03:23 GMT
#28782
Ok I'm home and on a pc now. Yeah I can imagine it's a nightmare to try and gear out a character in league now. If you want an idea of what gear to get this was my character, the empty jewel slots were fevered minds. Honestly if you want to make currency this league still I probably would not do a zerphi's poets pen build, because it mostly excels at farming uber elder, and the profit from that has gone way down other than if you get lucky with a good watcher's eye. I did about 30 runs this league and only got 2 watchers eyes, one I sold for 4 ex and the other was garbage, sold for like 10c lol.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/disturbed_999/characters character name was HuntsDumbIdiotBuild
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
Glacierz
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1245 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-07-31 03:58:11
July 31 2018 03:40 GMT
#28783
Thanks a lot! I poured all my currency into a MF TS build, so I'm not really looking to farm with this one. TS isn't so good on bosses so I figured I'd switch for the boss room with poet.

Sniped this for 65c, I think the guy didn't know about the build and there's a mod open. I feel pretty happy about it now haha.
[image loading]

P.S. Took a look at your profile, pretty sure your helm is worth a ton now.
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
July 31 2018 05:47 GMT
#28784
Nice, those are some really nice gloves for that build! I will say the build is pretty fun, other than incursions being a bit hard to get the doors on if you get unlucky and the fragment drops from the last mob on the other side of the room from the door you want to open. I didn't do it until later in the league when uber elder wasn't as profitable, but I'm thinking starting a new league as poets pen and switching into zerphis once you can afford the flask and farming uber elder could be quite good. I mean I guess you can probably do it earlier by going for a less gear dependant build like arc trap/mines or something.
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-07-31 07:49:08
July 31 2018 07:48 GMT
#28785
So anyone planning to play upcoming flashback race?
They said now each of the 4 leagues will get seperate rewards, so anyone planning to try their luck in SSF? :D
What characters do you plan to play?

I was thinking about Saboteur Arc Miner or Arc Trapper, don't know yet if SSF SC or trade SC.
ThaddeusK
Profile Joined July 2008
United States233 Posts
July 31 2018 13:23 GMT
#28786
Gonna try SSF as arc totems, only playing until the WoW expac comes out so it seems like a good chance to find out if not trading is enough of a benefit to overcome having to actually id rares and pick up small currency.
Glacierz
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1245 Posts
July 31 2018 13:45 GMT
#28787
Instead of Zerphi's, there is an indigon variant of the Poet Pen build that's a lot cheaper. I think there's a guide in the templar section of the forum.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
July 31 2018 15:30 GMT
#28788
On July 31 2018 16:48 -Archangel- wrote:
So anyone planning to play upcoming flashback race?
They said now each of the 4 leagues will get seperate rewards, so anyone planning to try their luck in SSF? :D
What characters do you plan to play?

I was thinking about Saboteur Arc Miner or Arc Trapper, don't know yet if SSF SC or trade SC.

It crossed my mind. I'm gonna play something a little sillier like 2H Infernal Blow which could probably work fine in SSF. But I also wanted to meme out and go full tanky for some experimentation which means Koams Heart and stuff which has me leaning trade league. Idk yet. Should be fun though.
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-07-31 18:52:08
July 31 2018 18:50 GMT
#28789
I'm thinking I'm going to do the flashback and actually try to race for a demialthough I doubt I can get an alt art one. Plan right now is trickster level as ed and then when I van switch to windripper. I think going wr or wand is the fastest for basically every ascendency, especially since it can take advantage of headhunter. I was undecided between slayer and trickster since both were very slow in the last flashback but trickster with mom is going to be more tanky and I think not dying in the high 90s would save more time than the slightly better clear speed slayer would have. Maybe anyone here have some suggestions? To clarify if I play which will depend on my work which I won't know until Thursday, I'll be doing SC trade league
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
Glacierz
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1245 Posts
July 31 2018 19:22 GMT
#28790
So flashback is like a parallel league to the current league with some additional mechanics/restrictions? Are they doing this because people get burned out midway through the season or something?
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
July 31 2018 19:42 GMT
#28791
Yeah I think because people get bored with the league quickly, and also people wanted racing and ggg didn't want to do races so they did the 1 race event
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22649 Posts
July 31 2018 20:08 GMT
#28792
On August 01 2018 04:22 Glacierz wrote:
So flashback is like a parallel league to the current league with some additional mechanics/restrictions? Are they doing this because people get burned out midway through the season or something?

I think that is it yeah. Its a big wave form in terms of player attention.
A new patch with a new league, everyone excited lots of people playing and over time the interest and attention just drops as people hit grind walls or complete whatever objective they set themselves. And if the next patch with its corresponding league is not yet ready you need something to bump interest back up.
So they do something that requires a minimum of effort by recycling old league mechanics to create a fresh start a new spike of interest that carries them to the next thing.

Its important to keep players engaged in a f2p game because a bored player is not going to spend money in your store.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-07-31 21:03:45
July 31 2018 21:02 GMT
#28793
People just like fresh economies. I know i do.

It's not like GGG can pump out decent expansions every month (nor would that be good for the game, i'm pretty sure the current rate is already reasonably harmful). This is how they put out a fresh economy to bring players back during low-play-time parts of the cycle without costing them dev time.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Tappo
Profile Joined July 2018
101 Posts
July 31 2018 21:12 GMT
#28794
On August 01 2018 06:02 Sn0_Man wrote:
People just like fresh economies. I know i do.

It's not like GGG can pump out decent expansions every month (nor would that be good for the game, i'm pretty sure the current rate is already reasonably harmful). This is how they put out a fresh economy to bring players back during low-play-time parts of the cycle without costing them dev time.

The current frequency of expansions is pretty much what keeps the game profitable. https://steamcharts.com/app/238960. The game bleeds like crazy. It doesnt seem to matter how fast they expand the game
Soltanol
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany55 Posts
July 31 2018 21:36 GMT
#28795
Did they ever explain why they dont do "real" race seasons anymore? Even though i never stood any chance in races, it was fun to try and get better
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-07-31 21:43:39
July 31 2018 21:41 GMT
#28796
They gave a few justifications that boiled down to:

Primarily, because race seasons need "a lot" of dev time to figure out the events, code the modifiers, set up the calendar, and especially artist time to create custom art for the race rewards (often including 3d art). They determined that dev time was more profitably spent on regular expansions, especially with the heightened cadence (no "small" leagues anymore, basically full expansion every 3 months).

Secondary reasons included that players felt pulled apart between the league and the races, and that it was really hard to balance race rewards such that they were simultaneously worth your time to participate in, but not a strictly superior route to wealth generation (although at this point the remove only tabs appear basically after the league is over).

I believe their numbers on player engagement in racing weren't too exciting when they quit.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Soltanol
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany55 Posts
August 01 2018 10:00 GMT
#28797
Thanks for the explanation.
Glacierz
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1245 Posts
August 01 2018 15:17 GMT
#28798
Trying the MF build ruined my PoE experience...

After running maps with 75%ish IIQ for a few weeks, it started to feel bad playing with other builds. The difference was very noticeable on currency and map sustain, and demotivated me from grinding with my other chars...
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-08-01 15:54:54
August 01 2018 15:53 GMT
#28799
On August 02 2018 00:17 Glacierz wrote:
Trying the MF build ruined my PoE experience...

After running maps with 75%ish IIQ for a few weeks, it started to feel bad playing with other builds. The difference was very noticeable on currency and map sustain, and demotivated me from grinding with my other chars...

This is how I felt after playing BV Elementalist this league, which is basically a way cheaper and more consistent autobomber. Shield Charging through hallways and shattering stuff in waves two screens away. It was so fun and so good. Every other idea I had and the couple of builds I actually tried felt like trash in comparison, for speed for MF for cheap single target... So I'm just waiting til 3.4 (and flashback I suppose) to play new things lol.
ThaddeusK
Profile Joined July 2008
United States233 Posts
August 01 2018 23:16 GMT
#28800
On August 02 2018 00:17 Glacierz wrote:
Trying the MF build ruined my PoE experience...

After running maps with 75%ish IIQ for a few weeks, it started to feel bad playing with other builds. The difference was very noticeable on currency and map sustain, and demotivated me from grinding with my other chars...


Just FYI, IIQ on gear does not affect map drops, so that bit atleast is just in your head.
Prev 1 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 579
UpATreeSC 120
ProTech82
JuggernautJason33
MindelVK 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33054
Calm 3433
Shuttle 1115
actioN 223
firebathero 173
Hyuk 107
Barracks 106
Dewaltoss 104
Liquid`Ret 71
Hyun 31
[ Show more ]
Free 25
Bale 24
HiyA 24
Aegong 21
NaDa 21
soO 19
PianO 17
Shine 14
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8753
Dendi1164
XaKoH 387
Fuzer 114
League of Legends
KnowMe82
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1296
fl0m1163
x6flipin448
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu34
Other Games
singsing2034
FrodaN1412
Beastyqt709
B2W.Neo400
ceh9394
mouzStarbuck310
Livibee187
byalli181
C9.Mang0149
RotterdaM110
Trikslyr81
Mew2King55
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 60
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV422
Other Games
• Shiphtur847
• imaqtpie621
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 23m
Replay Cast
5h 8m
OSC
1d 5h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 16h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 23h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.