• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:23
CEST 18:23
KST 01:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9736 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 153

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 151 152 153 154 155 698 Next
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-15 08:39:55
July 15 2012 08:38 GMT
#3041
batman has activation limit, game for windows live and secure rom.

Only buy it if you dont care that your PC is becoming rootkit central.




Civ 5s gameplay is questionable from a 4x veteran standpoint, but at least its a native steam game.
blabber
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4448 Posts
July 15 2012 08:40 GMT
#3042
On July 15 2012 17:29 oPPRoBe wrote:
Hey guys!
Wanted to know if I should get Civ V or Batman. Any suggestions?

Civilization if you want to play turn based strategy. Batman if you want action adventure
blabberrrrr
Canucklehead
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada5074 Posts
July 15 2012 09:14 GMT
#3043
Batman is fantastic! Everyone should get it!
Top 10 favourite pros: MKP, MVP, MC, Nestea, DRG, Jaedong, Flash, Life, Creator, Leenock
spacemonkeyy
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia477 Posts
July 15 2012 09:19 GMT
#3044
Looking at Skyrim, Batman and the Witcher 2- I'm sure they are all good games but I jsut can't help but feel like I'm bored of them before even purchasing them. Once upon a time I would always finish everygame I bought but lately it's more like the exception that I will finish a game, maybe its because I have more or maybe I am hareder to please. My complaint really has to do with no multiplayer and grinding like RPG mechanics- I would say I am a RPG fan but big open world RPG's jsut don't have the same feel to it as they used to in the Ocarina of Time Era. I don't know if it the overwhelming side quests or repetition or boring battle mechanics but it's something that bugs me.

So far in the steam sales I picked up
Binding of Isaac - great little indie game - finished it
Team Fortress Classic & Half-Life 1 set (for the lolz mainly, although breifly playing HL1 I realised how good it was for its time and even though the visuals is very dated the gameplay is still quite good)
Assasins Creed Revelations - never played any AC before the idea apeals to me thought it would be a good chance to give it a shot.

That being said I'm really sitting on the fence about the WItcher 2, Batman and Skyrim- I feel they are too similar to AC in a lot of ways and I will eventually get bored. Would love to hear some opinions on this either way.
Siborg
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia51 Posts
July 15 2012 09:36 GMT
#3045
Skyrim and Witcher 2 Are very different to Creed. Batman kinda comes close but is still very way off. Skyrim and Witcher are more slow paced with spotted combat but a decent story. While AC and batman the combat keeps coming continually usually unless your hunting for objectives.
He looks really angry, I wish I wasnt me but i guess I dont have much of a choice.
incinerate_
Profile Joined October 2010
172 Posts
July 15 2012 09:38 GMT
#3046
On July 15 2012 18:19 spacemonkeyy wrote:
Looking at Skyrim, Batman and the Witcher 2- I'm sure they are all good games but I jsut can't help but feel like I'm bored of them before even purchasing them. Once upon a time I would always finish everygame I bought but lately it's more like the exception that I will finish a game, maybe its because I have more or maybe I am hareder to please. ....


Yup, I also have this experience more and more. I blame it on getting old.
I just don't have so much time anymore as I used to. So I am looking for more in less time, i.e. I am very quickly annoyed by grinding etc.


That being said I'm really sitting on the fence about the WItcher 2, Batman and Skyrim- I feel they are too similar to AC in a lot of ways and I will eventually get bored. Would love to hear some opinions on this either way.


I can only comment on Witcher 2. Personally I had an absolutely great time playing this game.It is one of the very few games that I played twice (there is a point in the story where you have to make a decision which will hugely affect the game. It's almost like two games in one).

The story continues where the Witcher 1 finished. So it is a definitive plus if you played the first part. Still enjoyable if you did not I guess, but it might take a little bit longer to get immersed into the game. The story is interesting and nicely done. And your decisions in the main story line really do matter. You also have the opportunity to explore on your own (i.e. there is side quests). The combat system takes some time getting used to. Controls are keyboard and mouse. You can parry and attack, roll around to dodge etc..
Zocat
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2229 Posts
July 15 2012 09:50 GMT
#3047
On July 15 2012 18:19 spacemonkeyy wrote:
That being said I'm really sitting on the fence about the WItcher 2, Batman and Skyrim- I feel they are too similar to AC in a lot of ways and I will eventually get bored. Would love to hear some opinions on this either way.


Skip Skyrim - I dont think it's the game you're looking for. It's fun for the first few hours. After that the openness would become a problem for you - there's no direction to go. You can grind small (boring, repetitive) dungeons or do some sidequests. Sure you could just follow the mainquest but imho Skyrim is not a game for that.
OrchidThief
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark2298 Posts
July 15 2012 10:11 GMT
#3048
Witcher 2 is great. And it's definitely not a sandbox, it's more like the old rpg's in my opinion. Good story and it's one of the few rpg's with actually decent combat mechanics. (As opposed to say the ones in Skyrim that are aweful).
spacemonkeyy
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia477 Posts
July 15 2012 10:35 GMT
#3049
Great feedback guys! I'm glad I'm not the only one! After all the Hmming and haaing it seems I missed the Witcher 2 at 60% off, I wonder if it will be back? It's 40% at the moment. From what it sounds like I would be doubling up getting batman with AC? To be honest batman doesn't really interest me a great deal (I do like the movies but think the batman character is a little lame haha). Once again thanks heaps!
NeonFlare
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Finland1307 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-15 11:02:59
July 15 2012 10:49 GMT
#3050
Sigh, here I was thinking Batman, Skyrim, TW2 etc. would come even cheaper, but right now they are all pretty borderline. I guess I'll wait for winter sale for some of them and watch if there's anything else of interest before the final re-sale day, where probably at least one of them shows up.

Damn limited funds.

Also, Civ V is pretty good but to Civ veterans it feels a bit lacking, that expansion helped it quite a lot (bought a steamkey at 19€ during release I think, now it seems to go for 13€ o_o), but if you are reasonably new to such turnbased strategies, it serves well as entry game. Do however note that despite some tweaks the AI still does some questionable things when it comes to diplomacy and most of them prefer war over other options.
MoonfireSpam
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1153 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-15 11:31:38
July 15 2012 11:28 GMT
#3051
Civ 5 G&K 25% off, is that new or has it been 25% off since the start of the sale?

Would like to add that Orks Must Die is a really fun little game although it has been said lots before! Pretty cool 3rd person action tower defense.
MoneyHypeMike
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada305 Posts
July 15 2012 11:37 GMT
#3052
I'm pretty sure it has been -25% since beggening.
I am suprised they didn't make a CIV5 pack including it.
Teejing
Profile Joined January 2009
Germany1360 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-15 12:23:50
July 15 2012 12:07 GMT
#3053
I got civ 5 and civ 4 and i prefer civ 4 (with mod: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=407049 ).

Civ 5 looks better, better i just could not tolerate the loading times between turns in civ 5, besides a lot of missing stuff from civ 4.

Still civ 5 is still a good game especially combat is more fun as long as there arent too many units.

edit civ4 with add ons ofc
DwD
Profile Joined January 2010
Sweden8621 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-15 12:21:44
July 15 2012 12:20 GMT
#3054
I havent played Civ4 so I dont know how good it is but I do know I played Civ 3 for many many years before I started playing Civ5. Try Civ3 out, it's super cheap aswell!

I'm only after The Walking Dead and maybe Fallout now. Any thoughts on those games?
~ T-ARA ~ DREAMCATCHER ~ EVERGLOW ~ OH MY GIRL ~ DIA ~ BOL4 ~ CHUNGHA ~
SilverStar
Profile Joined January 2012
Sweden18511 Posts
July 15 2012 12:26 GMT
#3055
If you are planning on buying a game from ubisoft hold off for the moment. Their severs are down and people are unable to login and play.
f_Ce
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany29 Posts
July 15 2012 12:27 GMT
#3056
If I'm not mistaken it is cheaper to get the Civ games and DLC seperate.

The Collection is listet at 24,99 EUR.
Civ 5 GOTY (9,99) + Korea & Wonders Combo Pack (1,24) + Civ 4 Complete Edition (6,24) + Civ 3 Complete (1,24) adds up to 18,71 EUR.

I decided to buy Civ 5 and Civ 4 first. So I'm wondering if it's worth to get the Korea & Wonders Pack as well as Civ 3.
DongLongJohnson
Profile Joined July 2012
Germany143 Posts
July 15 2012 12:49 GMT
#3057
On July 15 2012 21:27 f_Ce wrote:
Civ 5 GOTY (9,99) + Korea & Wonders Combo Pack (1,24) + Civ 4 Complete Edition (6,24) + Civ 3 Complete (1,24) adds up to 18,71 EUR.


I would recommend Gods&Kings. Its new and 17$ is the cheapest I've seen it until now. When you only buy Civ5 GotY and Gods&Kings you end up with ~26$.
Derez
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Netherlands6068 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-15 13:48:56
July 15 2012 12:49 GMT
#3058
Why so little love for Tropico in this thread?

The amount of people that enjoy sim/management games might be small, but tropico has excellent gameplay and the atmosphere (carribean dictator) is great. It has no 'real' multiplayer, but its at least a 100 hours of content in the SP + player based scenarios, which is a steal at 7.5 euro.
MilesTeg
Profile Joined September 2010
France1271 Posts
July 15 2012 13:36 GMT
#3059
I thought Batman was really overrated. Maybe it's just not my kind of game. There is nothing particularly awful, it's just not nearly as fantastic as a lot of critics have said. I think it's the most boring game I have played in recent years.

I really want to buy both Civilization V AND G&K, now the question is how? Having ruled out the Civilization collection which is silly unless you want to play Civilization IV (already have it), what should I do? Should I wait?
AgentChaos
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom4569 Posts
July 15 2012 13:45 GMT
#3060
you guys should definitely pick up skyrim for the mods
IM & EG supporter
Prev 1 151 152 153 154 155 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech173
UpATreeSC 95
BRAT_OK 39
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 4573
Bisu 1831
Soulkey 1489
EffOrt 893
Mini 646
Larva 377
Horang2 377
ZerO 343
actioN 224
ggaemo 197
[ Show more ]
Yoon 118
Dewaltoss 115
Mind 98
Shinee 92
hero 69
Sharp 66
Sea.KH 63
sorry 62
Snow 53
Barracks 52
Hyun 43
Bale 30
Trap 27
ToSsGirL 22
Terrorterran 20
NaDa 18
Rock 16
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 10
Noble 9
zelot 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5444
Dendi1417
420jenkins309
XaKoH 80
League of Legends
Reynor70
Counter-Strike
fl0m3524
Fnx 692
x6flipin608
edward26
pashabiceps0
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes385
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1353
hiko969
FrodaN418
B2W.Neo404
XBOCT235
Liquid`VortiX218
Livibee195
QueenE98
TKL 80
Mew2King42
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV166
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 62
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 42
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV649
League of Legends
• Nemesis4140
• TFBlade685
Other Games
• Shiphtur489
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 37m
Patches Events
23h 37m
The PondCast
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.