• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:54
CEST 21:54
KST 04:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8833 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 152

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 150 151 152 153 154 698 Next
Vaelone
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Finland4400 Posts
July 15 2012 03:53 GMT
#3021
On July 15 2012 12:33 DannyJ wrote:
Witcher 1 is really strange. After the first like1/3rd of that game I was pretty sure it was one of the worst games I've ever played. By the time I finished the game I thought it was one of the best ever... I think a lot of people felt that way.


I had the exact same issue with it, I stopped playing it for several months once I hit the swamp but once I eventually got back into it I marathoned rest of the game.
Neurosis
Profile Joined October 2010
United States893 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-15 03:59:01
July 15 2012 03:56 GMT
#3022
On July 15 2012 12:33 DannyJ wrote:
Witcher 1 is really strange. After the first like1/3rd of that game I was pretty sure it was one of the worst games I've ever played. By the time I finished the game I thought it was one of the best ever... I think a lot of people felt that way.


Yep, it has pacing problems for sure. You have to force yourself to play through certain sections of the game but in the end I found it to be worth it.
Darpa
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada4413 Posts
July 15 2012 04:00 GMT
#3023
Witcher 2 is on sale for the next hour, 15 bucks
"losers always whine about their best, Winners go home and fuck the prom queen"
Mysticesper
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1183 Posts
July 15 2012 04:02 GMT
#3024
On July 15 2012 09:20 Spazer wrote:
Ys Origin is an excellent game. My favorite action RPG of all time. The story is pretty vanilla, but the gameplay and soundtrack are absolutely solid.

Oath is also a good game, but it is markedly harder than Ys Origin. Savepoints in Oath are fewer in number, and the overworld also has some pretty lethal enemies. There were a few times where I died and had to redo long sections of the area, which was pretty annoying. As for boss battles (the highlight of any Ys game), I feel like Origin has the upper hand in visual design, but Oath takes the cake in terms of difficulty.

If you're new to the series, I would recommend playing Origin before Oath. The savepoint placement, while it may seem minor, really does make the game a lot more fun to play.

Also, if you do play Oath, do note that there is an upgrade system for your armor/weaponry. Talk to the guy in the back of the shop. I only discovered it halfway through the game, much to my anguish.

Show nested quote +
On July 15 2012 03:04 LaNague wrote:
Can someone please report how long the Ys games take to play trough?

Uhhh, it's been a while and this is only a rough estimate, but I'd say 5-10 hours per clear? Bear in mind that in Ys Origin, you need to replay the same levels with different characters to fully clear the game. You start the game with two characters, and need to clear them both to unlock the third. The third character's playstyle, however, is fun personified. Well worth the effort, in my opinion. And while yes, the levels are the same, the two initial characters differ enough in playstyle that it's fine. Also, the non-boss sections go by pretty quickly after the first playthrough because you know what to do.

I'd put Oath at about 20-30 hours for a playthrough.

Show nested quote +
On July 15 2012 05:28 seRapH wrote:
On July 15 2012 04:32 Thienan567 wrote:
On July 15 2012 03:57 Xacez wrote:
I found some info on Ys origin if it tickles your fancy.
http://www.reddit.com/r/ShouldIbuythisgame/comments/wjuui/sib_ys_origin/


So according to reddit it's a good buy, but I'd still like TL's opinion. Ys: Origin, a good buy? The trailer looks pretty good imo

http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=307441

Buy it.

I'm honestly so happy that somebody actually remembered my blog, haha.

Must say... I am enjoying it immensely. Definitely the best purchase I have made so far.
paintfive
Profile Joined September 2011
785 Posts
July 15 2012 04:22 GMT
#3025
On July 15 2012 13:02 Mysticesper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2012 09:20 Spazer wrote:
Ys Origin is an excellent game. My favorite action RPG of all time. The story is pretty vanilla, but the gameplay and soundtrack are absolutely solid.

Oath is also a good game, but it is markedly harder than Ys Origin. Savepoints in Oath are fewer in number, and the overworld also has some pretty lethal enemies. There were a few times where I died and had to redo long sections of the area, which was pretty annoying. As for boss battles (the highlight of any Ys game), I feel like Origin has the upper hand in visual design, but Oath takes the cake in terms of difficulty.

If you're new to the series, I would recommend playing Origin before Oath. The savepoint placement, while it may seem minor, really does make the game a lot more fun to play.

Also, if you do play Oath, do note that there is an upgrade system for your armor/weaponry. Talk to the guy in the back of the shop. I only discovered it halfway through the game, much to my anguish.

On July 15 2012 03:04 LaNague wrote:
Can someone please report how long the Ys games take to play trough?

Uhhh, it's been a while and this is only a rough estimate, but I'd say 5-10 hours per clear? Bear in mind that in Ys Origin, you need to replay the same levels with different characters to fully clear the game. You start the game with two characters, and need to clear them both to unlock the third. The third character's playstyle, however, is fun personified. Well worth the effort, in my opinion. And while yes, the levels are the same, the two initial characters differ enough in playstyle that it's fine. Also, the non-boss sections go by pretty quickly after the first playthrough because you know what to do.

I'd put Oath at about 20-30 hours for a playthrough.

On July 15 2012 05:28 seRapH wrote:
On July 15 2012 04:32 Thienan567 wrote:
On July 15 2012 03:57 Xacez wrote:
I found some info on Ys origin if it tickles your fancy.
http://www.reddit.com/r/ShouldIbuythisgame/comments/wjuui/sib_ys_origin/


So according to reddit it's a good buy, but I'd still like TL's opinion. Ys: Origin, a good buy? The trailer looks pretty good imo

http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=307441

Buy it.

I'm honestly so happy that somebody actually remembered my blog, haha.

Must say... I am enjoying it immensely. Definitely the best purchase I have made so far.


Just don't choose Nightmare for your 1st playthrough.... ive been stuck at the sand boss for weeks and just beat it :DD
Chrispy
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada5878 Posts
July 15 2012 04:59 GMT
#3026
So is all the Civ DLC worth it? I haven't ever played a Civ game and really want to buy this pack but it's got a crap ton of DLC... maybe better to just buy CIV III+IV+V alone?
Retvrn to Forvms
Kamais Ookin
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada591 Posts
July 15 2012 05:11 GMT
#3027
Batman 66% off -_-

Do you guys think it will be in daily deals?
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Kamais_Ookin Twitch account streaming fighting games and PC games, etc twitch.tv/kamais_ookin
furymonkey
Profile Joined December 2008
New Zealand1587 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-15 05:15:48
July 15 2012 05:13 GMT
#3028
On July 15 2012 13:59 Chrispy wrote:
So is all the Civ DLC worth it? I haven't ever played a Civ game and really want to buy this pack but it's got a crap ton of DLC... maybe better to just buy CIV III+IV+V alone?


If I remembered correctly, Just buy the Civ 5 GOTY, it includes all the DLC, except the Korea Combo pack, because it got released after the GOTY. Note that I don't know if they released any DLC after Korea ones.

GOTY
http://store.steampowered.com/app/901772/

Korea Combo pack
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/11092/

Civ 5 Gods & King
http://store.steampowered.com/app/16870/

And then buy the expansion pack you should be good to go. If you aren't sure just check the list of DLC included in the GOTY page.

Edit: If you're new to Civ and don't know if you will like the game or not, I think Civ5 GOTY and its expansion pack are the safest choice. Civ 5 is lot more mainstream compare to previous Civ but it is still very good. If you don't like Civ 5, I doubt you will like previous Civ at all.
Leenock the Punisher
Chrispy
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada5878 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-15 05:16:16
July 15 2012 05:15 GMT
#3029
I would say that's as good as a deal as you're gonna get on Arkham City.. but hey I'm no expert.

Retvrn to Forvms
Curu
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada2817 Posts
July 15 2012 05:44 GMT
#3030
On July 15 2012 14:11 Kamais Ookin wrote:
Batman 66% off -_-

Do you guys think it will be in daily deals?


The general consensus is that flash sales/daily sales/community choice are all the lowest a game will get, if you see a game you want on one of those just get it.

That said Batman has VERY limited playing time and replay value. The games are FANTASTIC (I bought Arkham Asylum for $5 in a Christmas sale and loved it so much I instantly bought Arkham City for the full $60 price afterwards). Definitely look up a few combat guides since the game doesn't really teach you how to get crits and chains but once you get the flow of combat it is SO MUCH FUN even though it's very simplistic. I could play the combat system for hours on end and never get bored of it.

Arkham Asylum is great but you'll only squeeze about 15 hours out of it, maybe add another 5-10 if you decide to go for 100% completion. It's very linear but it's still a ton of fun. Arkham City is about the same length, 15 hours and is ridiculously fun; everything that made Arkham Asylum great is made even greater in Arkham City (and it is a lot less linear than AA). If you go for 100% completion it'll probably add another 15+ hours but it is very tedious and IMO not fun at all. There are just such a ridiculous amount of Riddler trophies and stuff to find it becomes an absolute chore.

I do kind of regret buying Arkham City at full price because the replay value isn't very good but both games for $17 is a 100% buy.
wat
smr
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany4808 Posts
July 15 2012 06:33 GMT
#3031
Sigh... I wanted Batman so badly but never knew I would need a windows live account. Guess I'm getting for PS3 then even if that means paying more.
heishe
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany2284 Posts
July 15 2012 06:38 GMT
#3032
Should I buy Civ IV or Civ V?
If you value your soul, never look into the eye of a horse. Your soul will forever be lost in the void of the horse.
lynx.oblige
Profile Joined August 2009
Sierra Leone2268 Posts
July 15 2012 07:22 GMT
#3033
Highly recommend the Witcher games and highly doubt Batman will go any lower than it already is.
Everyone needs a nemesis.
Ydriel
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Italy516 Posts
July 15 2012 07:25 GMT
#3034
On July 15 2012 15:38 heishe wrote:
Should I buy Civ IV or Civ V?

Tough question. Civ V if you've never played civ games, or even 4x games, before. It's more mainstream, the combat system is better, although the micromanagement part is a bit lacking. If not....get both? Both are great in their own right xD
<3 SC2 <3<3 Dota 2. Steam ID: HellS
furymonkey
Profile Joined December 2008
New Zealand1587 Posts
July 15 2012 07:29 GMT
#3035
On July 15 2012 15:33 smr wrote:
Sigh... I wanted Batman so badly but never knew I would need a windows live account. Guess I'm getting for PS3 then even if that means paying more.


Can't you just create a offline profile? I remembered all games that uses window live can.
Leenock the Punisher
Grease
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States138 Posts
July 15 2012 07:38 GMT
#3036
I sure hope ArmaII goes on the daily sale or flash deals or even community!
SHIT HAPPENS
smr
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany4808 Posts
July 15 2012 07:52 GMT
#3037
On July 15 2012 15:38 heishe wrote:
Should I buy Civ IV or Civ V?


If you're getting the add-on as well I'd say go for Civ V. I prefer the combat system because in Civ IV you're building a stack of doom which you a-move over the continent whereas in Civ V you should plan attacks carefully or else enemy cities destroy you. Graphics are of course another point which may or may not be important.

But depending on your preferences you might prefer Civ IV which is a bit more micro intensive when it comes to city-management and espionage.

I won't comment on possible differences in diplomacy etc because all that only comes from a regular king difficulty player.
Kojak21
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada1104 Posts
July 15 2012 07:57 GMT
#3038
Must buy more cheap games!!!! But i dont know what!
¯\_(☺)_/¯
heishe
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany2284 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-15 08:04:49
July 15 2012 08:04 GMT
#3039
On July 15 2012 16:52 smr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2012 15:38 heishe wrote:
Should I buy Civ IV or Civ V?


If you're getting the add-on as well I'd say go for Civ V. I prefer the combat system because in Civ IV you're building a stack of doom which you a-move over the continent whereas in Civ V you should plan attacks carefully or else enemy cities destroy you. Graphics are of course another point which may or may not be important.

But depending on your preferences you might prefer Civ IV which is a bit more micro intensive when it comes to city-management and espionage.

I won't comment on possible differences in diplomacy etc because all that only comes from a regular king difficulty player.


Alright, I think I'm going with Civ V. Civ IV will still be pretty cheap after the sale so I can still pick it up when I feel like it.

I'll get Civ V today and wait for G&K to get on sale a bit cheaper(I hope it does).

If you value your soul, never look into the eye of a horse. Your soul will forever be lost in the void of the horse.
oPPRoBe
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States199 Posts
July 15 2012 08:29 GMT
#3040
Hey guys!
Wanted to know if I should get Civ V or Batman. Any suggestions?
lmlm
Prev 1 150 151 152 153 154 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 567
ProTech147
BRAT_OK 84
Railgan 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 1620
Shuttle 654
Dewaltoss 118
Trap 29
Bale 17
scan(afreeca) 12
Dota 2
420jenkins473
XaKoH 433
Counter-Strike
fl0m4158
Fnx 653
kRYSTAL_16
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4101
Liquid`Hasu553
Other Games
summit1g4349
Liquid`RaSZi1914
FrodaN788
B2W.Neo424
C9.Mang0164
ToD164
TKL 98
UpATreeSC81
RotterdaM79
QueenE66
Mew2King26
PPMD18
JuggernautJason14
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV227
BasetradeTV223
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream20
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 38
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2530
League of Legends
• TFBlade819
Other Games
• Shiphtur1322
• imaqtpie863
• WagamamaTV324
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 6m
Patches Events
20h 6m
The PondCast
1d 14h
INu's Battles
1d 15h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.