• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:01
CEST 21:01
KST 04:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8188 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 154

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 152 153 154 155 156 698 Next
Stancel
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Singapore15360 Posts
July 15 2012 13:53 GMT
#3061
I saw Binding of Isaac's price and the genre, was thinking okay, might buy this

then I found out TB did a WTF is of that game

wtf did i just watch and will i ever feel clean again
ffxiv enjoyer
DwD
Profile Joined January 2010
Sweden8621 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-15 13:57:45
July 15 2012 13:57 GMT
#3062
On July 15 2012 22:36 MilesTeg wrote:
I thought Batman was really overrated. Maybe it's just not my kind of game. There is nothing particularly awful, it's just not nearly as fantastic as a lot of critics have said. I think it's the most boring game I have played in recent years.

I really want to buy both Civilization V AND G&K, now the question is how? Having ruled out the Civilization collection which is silly unless you want to play Civilization IV (already have it), what should I do? Should I wait?


It won't become cheaper than the daily deal.. So buy
~ T-ARA ~ DREAMCATCHER ~ EVERGLOW ~ OH MY GIRL ~ DIA ~ BOL4 ~ CHUNGHA ~
MilesTeg
Profile Joined September 2010
France1271 Posts
July 15 2012 14:09 GMT
#3063
On July 15 2012 22:57 DwD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2012 22:36 MilesTeg wrote:
I thought Batman was really overrated. Maybe it's just not my kind of game. There is nothing particularly awful, it's just not nearly as fantastic as a lot of critics have said. I think it's the most boring game I have played in recent years.

I really want to buy both Civilization V AND G&K, now the question is how? Having ruled out the Civilization collection which is silly unless you want to play Civilization IV (already have it), what should I do? Should I wait?


It won't become cheaper than the daily deal.. So buy


Yeah didn't realise it was a daily... I bought Civ 5 complete and the Korea expansion. I'm waiting to see if G&K gets cheaper but I'll definitely buy that too.
DwD
Profile Joined January 2010
Sweden8621 Posts
July 15 2012 14:16 GMT
#3064
On July 15 2012 23:09 MilesTeg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2012 22:57 DwD wrote:
On July 15 2012 22:36 MilesTeg wrote:
I thought Batman was really overrated. Maybe it's just not my kind of game. There is nothing particularly awful, it's just not nearly as fantastic as a lot of critics have said. I think it's the most boring game I have played in recent years.

I really want to buy both Civilization V AND G&K, now the question is how? Having ruled out the Civilization collection which is silly unless you want to play Civilization IV (already have it), what should I do? Should I wait?


It won't become cheaper than the daily deal.. So buy


Yeah didn't realise it was a daily... I bought Civ 5 complete and the Korea expansion. I'm waiting to see if G&K gets cheaper but I'll definitely buy that too.


Well technically a flash isnt a daily But Flash deal seems to be better than daily.. So gogo
~ T-ARA ~ DREAMCATCHER ~ EVERGLOW ~ OH MY GIRL ~ DIA ~ BOL4 ~ CHUNGHA ~
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-15 14:18:58
July 15 2012 14:18 GMT
#3065
On July 15 2012 22:53 DoNotDisturb wrote:
I saw Binding of Isaac's price and the genre, was thinking okay, might buy this

then I found out TB did a WTF is of that game

wtf did i just watch and will i ever feel clean again


I couldn't keep playing that for longer than 20 minutes. I can see the mechanics and gameplay being really addictive, but the characters and ambient were incredibly repulsive to me and I just couldn't get past that.

Definitely not for everyone (although for that price, it kinda is for everyone as it's definitely try-worthy).
wattabeast
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States957 Posts
July 15 2012 14:18 GMT
#3066
opinions on L.A. Noire now that it won the vote?
:O
Purind
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Canada3562 Posts
July 15 2012 14:19 GMT
#3067
Civ sale looks pretty sick. I don't know anything about Civ, just that it's turn based strategy and it's supposed to be very good. The most eye-popping thing to me was Civ 3 for $1.24. I'm not willing to spend $25 on a series I have no clue whether or not I like, but I'm definitely willing to try it for $1.24. Only experience I have with turn based strategy is the Heroes of Might and Magic series and board games like Settlers.

Is Civ 3 a good indication of how the rest of the series is? Are there major fundamental differences? If I like 3, am I likely to like 4 and 5?

Not gonna lie, I haven't been so excited over one dollar game, like... ever
Trucy Wright is hot
Zhou
Profile Joined February 2009
United States832 Posts
July 15 2012 14:21 GMT
#3068
A lot of people really really like Civ IV moreso than Civ 5, if that gives you any indication. I think all of them are nice in their own way, and I wouldn't really be able to distinguish what are the biggest differences other than non-stacking army units in Civ 5 that might prefer one over the other.
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
July 15 2012 14:23 GMT
#3069
If you like Civ 3, you'll probably like Civ 4 at least. It really depends on how you determine what you like. For people who get really into the Civ series, all games are radically different. For someone who's just casually playing an empire building TBS, they're pretty much all about the same thing. That said, 5 is a lot more tactical (combat wise) than any other Civ.
ilion
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States65 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-15 14:35:27
July 15 2012 14:34 GMT
#3070
If I am considering buying Civ IV, which of the expansion packs should I get? Warlords, Beyond the Sword, and Colonization?
Reading the descriptions, it seems they're just adding single player scenarios if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: Actually, it turns out they add new civilizations and a bunch of other features, so nevermind. At least warlords does.
MilesTeg
Profile Joined September 2010
France1271 Posts
July 15 2012 14:39 GMT
#3071
On July 15 2012 23:16 DwD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2012 23:09 MilesTeg wrote:
On July 15 2012 22:57 DwD wrote:
On July 15 2012 22:36 MilesTeg wrote:
I thought Batman was really overrated. Maybe it's just not my kind of game. There is nothing particularly awful, it's just not nearly as fantastic as a lot of critics have said. I think it's the most boring game I have played in recent years.

I really want to buy both Civilization V AND G&K, now the question is how? Having ruled out the Civilization collection which is silly unless you want to play Civilization IV (already have it), what should I do? Should I wait?


It won't become cheaper than the daily deal.. So buy


Yeah didn't realise it was a daily... I bought Civ 5 complete and the Korea expansion. I'm waiting to see if G&K gets cheaper but I'll definitely buy that too.


Well technically a flash isnt a daily But Flash deal seems to be better than daily.. So gogo


Thanks, I did

First time I follow closely these sales, I heard many people talk about how hard it is not to buy things but it's the first time I experience it... yes it's really hard. Even if realistically there's no way I'll have the time to play them I just WANT them.
Purind
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Canada3562 Posts
July 15 2012 14:55 GMT
#3072
On July 15 2012 23:23 Talin wrote:
If you like Civ 3, you'll probably like Civ 4 at least. It really depends on how you determine what you like. For people who get really into the Civ series, all games are radically different. For someone who's just casually playing an empire building TBS, they're pretty much all about the same thing. That said, 5 is a lot more tactical (combat wise) than any other Civ.


So... similar but different. Would it be like SC1 and SC2, where they are similar in spirit, but radically different in many fundamental ways? Similar enough that it feels like you're still playing the same series, but at the same time very different, enough so that you're playing a different game?
Trucy Wright is hot
Mysticesper
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1183 Posts
July 15 2012 14:59 GMT
#3073
On July 15 2012 23:55 Purind wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2012 23:23 Talin wrote:
If you like Civ 3, you'll probably like Civ 4 at least. It really depends on how you determine what you like. For people who get really into the Civ series, all games are radically different. For someone who's just casually playing an empire building TBS, they're pretty much all about the same thing. That said, 5 is a lot more tactical (combat wise) than any other Civ.


So... similar but different. Would it be like SC1 and SC2, where they are similar in spirit, but radically different in many fundamental ways? Similar enough that it feels like you're still playing the same series, but at the same time very different, enough so that you're playing a different game?


I would say that's fairly accurate, especially in the transition from civ 3/4 to 5 just due to the fact that you go from square tiles to hexagonal tiles.
L3gendary
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1470 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-15 15:01:15
July 15 2012 14:59 GMT
#3074
Regarding the civ5 dlc, do the civs carry over to gods and kings? Like if i get the korea pack can i use them in G&K?
Also, is G&K a must have in the sense that it improves the game in a fundamental way?
Watching Jaedong play purifies my eyes. -Coach Ju Hoon
Zhou
Profile Joined February 2009
United States832 Posts
July 15 2012 15:01 GMT
#3075
On July 15 2012 23:59 L3gendary wrote:
Regarding the civ5 dlc, do the civs carry over to gods and kings? Like if i get the korea pack can i use them in G&K?
Also, is G&K a must have in the sense that it improves the game in a fundamental way?


Absolutely. That's why it's dlc!
MoneyHypeMike
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada305 Posts
July 15 2012 15:11 GMT
#3076
On July 15 2012 23:18 wattabeast wrote:
opinions on L.A. Noire now that it won the vote?


Awesome Game.
Easily worth the 7.5$
Chillax
Profile Joined March 2011
England585 Posts
July 15 2012 15:25 GMT
#3077
Does anyone know when the next set of dailys will be up?
Murdco
Profile Joined June 2011
United States745 Posts
July 15 2012 15:29 GMT
#3078
On July 16 2012 00:25 Chillax wrote:
Does anyone know when the next set of dailys will be up?

In 1 hour and 30 minutes
XaCez
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden6991 Posts
July 15 2012 15:31 GMT
#3079
Magicka and Q.U.B.E. are 75% off as Flash sales for the next few hours. Magicka is somewhat buggy but highly recommended.
People get too easily offended by people getting too easily offended by the word rape.
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-15 15:36:13
July 15 2012 15:33 GMT
#3080
On July 15 2012 23:19 Purind wrote:
Civ sale looks pretty sick. I don't know anything about Civ, just that it's turn based strategy and it's supposed to be very good. The most eye-popping thing to me was Civ 3 for $1.24. I'm not willing to spend $25 on a series I have no clue whether or not I like, but I'm definitely willing to try it for $1.24. Only experience I have with turn based strategy is the Heroes of Might and Magic series and board games like Settlers.

Is Civ 3 a good indication of how the rest of the series is? Are there major fundamental differences? If I like 3, am I likely to like 4 and 5?

Not gonna lie, I haven't been so excited over one dollar game, like... ever



civ 3 has some flaws that make some decisions only between good and bad instead of choosing 2 viable paths.
Civ 4 did the best job in giving viable strategic choices, but 3 is still pretty good, especially if you only play a few matches, you will probably not really notice anything strange.

Civ 3 also had really nice scenarios that changed the tech trees and units completely, i loved that!
Playing only in ancient times for example, it had great charme.




On civ 5, yes the DLCs carry over.
And yes, gods and kings fixes some glaring flaws in the gameplay design, for example it readjusts the costs of building anything. the ratio was way off in the original because they wanted the player to have much less units (otherwise 1 stack per tile doesnt work).
Prev 1 152 153 154 155 156 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 425
ProTech151
UpATreeSC 114
BRAT_OK 104
Railgan 45
MindelVK 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 1913
Shuttle 500
Dewaltoss 125
Trap 33
Bale 23
scan(afreeca) 15
Dota 2
XaKoH 577
420jenkins440
Counter-Strike
fl0m3958
Fnx 665
kRYSTAL_27
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3572
Liquid`Hasu507
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1842
FrodaN976
summit1g562
B2W.Neo420
Livibee202
C9.Mang0144
TKL 92
RotterdaM85
ToD79
QueenE77
Mew2King30
JuggernautJason15
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV225
BasetradeTV169
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 9
• Adnapsc2 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 33
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2981
• TFBlade783
Other Games
• Shiphtur1310
• imaqtpie700
• WagamamaTV327
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 59m
Patches Events
20h 59m
The PondCast
1d 14h
INu's Battles
1d 15h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.