• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:29
CEST 20:29
KST 03:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon109
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9982 users

[TV] HBO Game of Thrones - Page 1402

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1836 Next
All book discussion in this thread is now allowed.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24367 Posts
June 09 2015 21:32 GMT
#28021
lol @ the people blaming the show writers for burning Stannis daughter.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
June 09 2015 21:43 GMT
#28022
On June 10 2015 06:32 GreenHorizons wrote:
lol @ the people blaming the show writers for burning Stannis daughter.

Yeah it makes no sense, they didn't, Stannis did it
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
Kickstart
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1941 Posts
June 09 2015 22:14 GMT
#28023
Apparantly it was GRRMs idea. Least that was in the behind the scenes for this episode or something.
maybenexttime
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Poland5869 Posts
June 09 2015 22:50 GMT
#28024
On June 10 2015 06:23 Gorsameth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2015 04:24 crms wrote:
On June 10 2015 04:13 Adreme wrote:
On June 10 2015 03:42 B.I.G. wrote:
Oh Stannis... If I were him I would've burned that crazy ass wife first just to see if that would work. I feel like a horrible person but burning the kid thing was so horrible I just couldn't stop laughing, ever so slightly over the top.. I had expected him to stab her in the back when he hugged her and said I'm so sorry.

Anyway to me this scene with Stannis kind of signified that he made his decision. To hell with honor and glory I want that goddamn throne. You could actually see him turn madder and madder during this episode. He looked like outright lunatic in the end. I wouldn't be surprised if he loses Davos over this and just loots, murders, and tortures his way to the capital until Jon Snow catches up with him and decapitates him in the way only a Stark can.


What I got out of it was that he made the only choice he could to not only save everyone in the present "we cant go forward and we cant go back" was already established earlier in the episode so if he does not do exactly that then everyone will die anyway but also as far as he knows save the world.

Remember he has been told by Melisandre that he HAS to be on the Iron Throne before winter arrives or the entire world is doomed . Its not about what he wants, its not about doing whats honorable its about "becoming the man you were meant to be" and sometimes that involves difficult choices. I am not sure if he made the right choice but I think he made the only choices that were available to him beyond slowly wait for death.

this is how i took the scene as well. he isn't doing this for personal glory, but for justice, order and because of his full faith in the lord of light. Originally he went for the throne due to Robert's passing and being the 'rightful heir' now I feel it's mixed with his faith. However, if the lord of light is bogus or evil and wicked, well I guess he's screwed. We obviously know Melisandre has some powers as we've seen them first hand, I'm still not convinced her powers and her lord are out to 'save the world' though.

Melisandra's main concern seems to be to fight the White Walkers. According to her visions Stannis is the man who unites the 7 kingdoms against the threat of Winter. While her actions are extreme I believe she is firmly on the side of good. Just with a dash of "End justifies the means".


Melisandre: Are you a good man, Ser Davos Seaworth?
Davos Seaworth: l’d say my parts are mixed, my lady, good and bad.
Melisandre: lf half an onion is black with rot, it’s a rotten onion.
A man is good or he is evil.

Based on her own words, I am convinced that she is on the side of evil. Knowingly or not.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
June 09 2015 22:55 GMT
#28025
On June 10 2015 07:14 Kickstart wrote:
Apparantly it was GRRMs idea. Least that was in the behind the scenes for this episode or something.


It's going to happen in the books yeah much easier to read about than hear on a show though xD the terrified screams.
When I think of something else, something will go here
TMG26
Profile Joined July 2012
Portugal2017 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-09 23:22:05
June 09 2015 23:07 GMT
#28026
That was not smart.

User was temp banned for this post.
Supporter of the situational Blink Dagger on Storm.
jeeeeohn
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States1343 Posts
June 09 2015 23:12 GMT
#28027
I'm probably in the minority here, but I loved the arena / dragon scene.
If you can't jam with the best, then you have to slam with the rest.
Conti
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany2516 Posts
June 09 2015 23:12 GMT
#28028
You might not want to directly quote the books in this thread.
Chewbacca.
Profile Joined January 2011
United States3634 Posts
June 09 2015 23:42 GMT
#28029
On June 10 2015 08:12 jeeeeohn wrote:
I'm probably in the minority here, but I loved the arena / dragon scene.

Yeah I saw nothing wrong with it except CGI flying seemed awkward. I really don't get the dislike for how "weak" the dragon was...it is still young and we know that Dragons aren't some invincible gods in this world...they've already been beaten back once.
Kickstart
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1941 Posts
June 09 2015 23:43 GMT
#28030
The CGI was my main problem, mostly in the parts where the dragon was flying, on the ground it was fine I think. Also the dragons are still very very young, so showing that they were still vulnerable was good and interesting in my opinion. I mean if 1 young dragon was shown to be invincible might as well end the show since dany has 3 .
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
June 09 2015 23:56 GMT
#28031
On June 10 2015 08:12 jeeeeohn wrote:
I'm probably in the minority here, but I loved the arena / dragon scene.


I loved it a lot to. The flying with Danny on was kind of weird looking but I can get over that haha.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Talaris
Profile Joined March 2011
Switzerland766 Posts
June 09 2015 23:57 GMT
#28032
On June 10 2015 08:42 Chewbacca. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2015 08:12 jeeeeohn wrote:

Yeah I saw nothing wrong with it except CGI flying seemed awkward. I really don't get the dislike for how "weak" the dragon was...it is still young and we know that Dragons aren't some invincible gods in this world...they've already been beaten back once.

I wished they'd played with the fact that seeing men / friends / fellow conspirators burn to a crisp, smelling burnt flesh, seeing ppl torn in half etc..... should at least instill a bit of terror or panic - especially if done by a mystic creature.
But no, convenient Javelin throwers >>>> shock and awe. >_< The way it looked like ppl ran due to some masked guys, but didn't care for a (baby) dragon.

So, I'd rather have seen more men running and just a single javelin hitting him and hurting him. I mean, if he can ignore 3 hits, who cares, he could withstand another 300...

The flying CGI was bad, yeah....as bad as Sheridan "flying" on Kosh - just that this was done 18 or 19 years ago :D


Liked the other parts. Especially the Prince of Dorn (sp?) being depicted as a man who has seen war and thus acting the way he does, even though it means swallowing hits to his pride.
Also staying calm when Oberyn's ex-wife (? or just lover?) offended him harshly at the dinner with Jaimie.

Also liked Arya showing that she's not the "omg hax0r 1337 cold blooded assassin" yet that she wants to become. She was so distracted, I wonder if Jaqen not hitting her means that she got superb at lying now or if he was lenient when she lied to him about the gambler.


In general: But I'm really not sure what the sand snakes scenes are supposed to show/add this whole season (?)
-= Jaedong // HerO // HasuObs // Best // Rush =-
kwizach
Profile Joined June 2011
3658 Posts
June 10 2015 00:45 GMT
#28033
Let's see the impact of the last episode...

Poll: After episode 9...

I didn't root for Stannis before and I still don't (19)
 
50%

I used to root for Stannis and I still do (10)
 
26%

I didn't root for Stannis before but I do now (5)
 
13%

I used to root for Stannis but I no longer do (4)
 
11%

38 total votes

Your vote: After episode 9...

(Vote): I used to root for Stannis but I no longer do
(Vote): I used to root for Stannis and I still do
(Vote): I didn't root for Stannis before and I still don't
(Vote): I didn't root for Stannis before but I do now

"Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions." -- Stephen Colbert
jinorazi
Profile Joined October 2004
Korea (South)4948 Posts
June 10 2015 01:08 GMT
#28034
i wouldnt expect much from tv cgi, its probably the worst GoT has done but its really inevitable for the budget.

i'm liking the dorne scene though, that girl flirting with bronn is foooooooiiiineee
age: 84 | location: california | sex: 잘함
Garuga
Profile Joined June 2015
49 Posts
June 10 2015 01:18 GMT
#28035
Can this thread start banning people for spoiling the books now since the show is past them?
Kickstart
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1941 Posts
June 10 2015 02:04 GMT
#28036
The thread already bans book discussion. :/
B.I.G.
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
3251 Posts
June 10 2015 02:33 GMT
#28037
On June 10 2015 05:43 Cloud9157 wrote:
Stannis made it extremely difficult, but I still support him... Barely.

If nothing else, it was survival. No one was going to escape that situation with their life. Still doesn't make it easy to accept that he burned the daughter that he had a heart to heart with earlier in the season.

Show nested quote +
On June 10 2015 03:42 B.I.G. wrote:
Oh Stannis... If I were him I would've burned that crazy ass wife first just to see if that would work.


Need blood of the king in order for stuff to happen. His wife doesn't have his blood in her, but his daughter did.

I know but I would try anyway.

And I guess you guys are right about the "stannis feels he has no choice part", that was how je explained to his daughter after all.. But the total madness in his eyes in the end isn't a: "I did what I had to look" but more of a losing your shit now its all in amd no turning back look.
Garuga
Profile Joined June 2015
49 Posts
June 10 2015 02:47 GMT
#28038
I wasn't really surprised that he decided to kill his daughter. Even though the show seemed like it was building a strong, familial relationship with Shareen and Stannis, we already know what kind of king Stannis is; he already used red magic to kill his brother Renly, seemingly without remorse, so it isn't that surprising that he chose his kingly ambitions over some daughter that he was only close with in the last few episodes.

Did anyone notice the mixed messages of sexuality the show was portraying? The scene with Meryn Trant ("too old") was a good scene that showed the dislike of pedophilia, but the scene between Ellaria and Jamie kind of defeated the message. Ellaria was talking about incest not being something that would be frowned upon in Dorne, and basically portrayed the message that people "like what they like" and she wasn't going to judge anyone for it. I thought this defeated the emotion that the pedophilia scene tried to bring out because it makes the viewer wonder if Ellaria is right and start thinking whether Meryn Trant just likes what he likes and that might not be frowned upon elsewhere. Seems like the show could have pieced together the episode better IMO to get the most emotion out of those scenes.

Also, won't Dany have dragonscale because she touched Jorah's hand when he had it? And does that in turn mean that Missandei now has dragonscale because they were holding hands in the arena? And does that in turn mean that Drogon has dragonscale because she touched the dragon after she touched Jorah when he had dragonscale? And does that in turn mean that Tyrion will take the Iron Throne once and for all--I think all signs point to "yes."
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24367 Posts
June 10 2015 02:50 GMT
#28039
On June 10 2015 09:45 kwizach wrote:
Let's see the impact of the last episode...

Poll: After episode 9...

I didn't root for Stannis before and I still don't (19)
 
50%

I used to root for Stannis and I still do (10)
 
26%

I didn't root for Stannis before but I do now (5)
 
13%

I used to root for Stannis but I no longer do (4)
 
11%

38 total votes

Your vote: After episode 9...

(Vote): I used to root for Stannis but I no longer do
(Vote): I used to root for Stannis and I still do
(Vote): I didn't root for Stannis before and I still don't
(Vote): I didn't root for Stannis before but I do now



There seems to be a huge gap between posters and voters or people just aren't being honest lol.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Kickstart
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1941 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-10 03:05:00
June 10 2015 02:59 GMT
#28040
On June 10 2015 11:47 Garuga wrote:
I wasn't really surprised that he decided to kill his daughter. Even though the show seemed like it was building a strong, familial relationship with Shareen and Stannis, we already know what kind of king Stannis is; he already used red magic to kill his brother Renly, seemingly without remorse, so it isn't that surprising that he chose his kingly ambitions over some daughter that he was only close with in the last few episodes.

Did anyone notice the mixed messages of sexuality the show was portraying? The scene with Meryn Trant ("too old") was a good scene that showed the dislike of pedophilia, but the scene between Ellaria and Jamie kind of defeated the message. Ellaria was talking about incest not being something that would be frowned upon in Dorne, and basically portrayed the message that people "like what they like" and she wasn't going to judge anyone for it. I thought this defeated the emotion that the pedophilia scene tried to bring out because it makes the viewer wonder if Ellaria is right and start thinking whether Meryn Trant just likes what he likes and that might not be frowned upon elsewhere. Seems like the show could have pieced together the episode better IMO to get the most emotion out of those scenes.

Also, won't Dany have dragonscale because she touched Jorah's hand when he had it? And does that in turn mean that Missandei now has dragonscale because they were holding hands in the arena? And does that in turn mean that Drogon has dragonscale because she touched the dragon after she touched Jorah when he had dragonscale? And does that in turn mean that Tyrion will take the Iron Throne once and for all--I think all signs point to "yes."


Well, trying to have a discussion on 'sexual morality' (whatever that means) is begging for trouble. But, I would say that you see both views even today to an extent. But even then there is a distinction between incest and pedophilia, the jamie incest situation is between two consenting adults (sure it started when they were younger but they are roughly same age so one, as far as we know, isnt taking advantage of the other, they both want to do it), pedophilia is different in that there is a question about whether or not a person so young knows what they are getting into and can even give informed consent. I tend to think people way overestimate the age at which people know what they are doing (as far as whether or not they want to follow through with sexual activities), but again this is opening a bag of worms. Just saying that Ellaria saying that Jamies situation isn't wrong doesn't imply she thinks pedophilia is ok, they are different.

On the dragonscale thing I don't think its as clear as "if someone has it at all they are contagious to everyone". Stannis' daughter had it all through the show but didnt infect anyone, they had stopped it from spreading but she still had it on her face. I assume it isn't contagious till the later stages or maybe just on the infected areas (but if it is touching from infected areas that doesn't explain Shireen cause people touched her face),
Prev 1 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1836 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 459
UpATreeSC 88
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1029
Dewaltoss 137
firebathero 88
Zeus 68
Trap 48
Sexy 30
zelot 30
soO 23
ToSsGirL 21
Bale 20
[ Show more ]
JYJ 19
Shine 16
NaDa 15
Dota 2
Gorgc7064
qojqva2305
Dendi855
420jenkins156
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1333
Fnx 674
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5354
Liquid`Hasu1064
Other Games
Grubby4618
summit1g1703
Beastyqt759
B2W.Neo634
ceh9473
byalli366
C9.Mang0156
KnowMe152
ArmadaUGS146
TKL 117
BRAT_OK 74
Railgan10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV248
WardiTV247
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream145
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 8
• Adnapsc2 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 33
• Azhi_Dahaki24
• FirePhoenix14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3690
Other Games
• Shiphtur356
• WagamamaTV294
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 31m
Kung Fu Cup
16h 31m
Stellar Fest
18h 31m
The PondCast
1d 15h
OSC
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.