• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:09
CEST 11:09
KST 18:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7893 users

Video shows U.S. Marines urinating on bodies - Page 6

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
January 12 2012 02:36 GMT
#101
Not a good thing to do. But then again, the US Marines aren't reflexive of this. I'd be more concerned when there wouldn't be people doing bad things once in a while.

On a whole, even if you don't like the US armies for what they do, you've gotta respect that there are men and women out there to try to do the right thing for their country, and that's worth a hell of a lot more than some'd think.
kiss kiss fall in love
FuzzyJAM
Profile Joined July 2010
Scotland9300 Posts
January 12 2012 02:36 GMT
#102
On January 12 2012 11:30 Alryk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2012 11:26 FuzzyJAM wrote:
On January 12 2012 11:25 Alryk wrote:
On January 12 2012 11:24 Mohdoo wrote:
On January 12 2012 11:22 Tegin wrote:
This incident doesn't represent every Marine, nor the USMC in general. Damn technology.


Damn technology? Technology is the reason these pitiful people will be brought to justice. Technology is the reason people become aware of this disgraceful behavior.


I think he's talking about how the media tends to just show the ridiculously awful side of things and never the good side, not that he's disagreeing with you

Also: did I answer your question well enough? If you have something else to ask please feel free.

What good side?


The side where I helped evac a building of marines and civilians?

Who were there because? And who needed saving because?

Don't get me wrong, I can understand that individuals in the military can be doing exceptionally courageous and great things and I respect them for it, but the reason they have to do them is because the military was misused in the first place. Pretty much every military, regardless of how terrible the endeavour might be, has produced great moments of selfless courage that you can look on with pride as an individual. The "good side" I'm looking for, however, is the total positive effect of the military action taking place.
Did you ever say Yes to a single joy?
FraCuS
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1072 Posts
January 12 2012 02:36 GMT
#103
I'm a soldier and I'm a grunt, I hear almost everyone in my combat platoon talk about killing Muslim's and fucking them up. I hear it all the time. It's really all brain wash I hear from people who disagree with Muslim's. I'm not really a religious person but I really disagree with this and this is fucking disappointing why these fuck heads are doing shit like this.

People like these guys, gives American soldiers a bad rep. No wonder why Iraqi's civilians fucking hate us, mainly because of our actions and shit. One reason why i really second guess why i joined the USARMY is when, we were out on patrol and we had a couple of soccer balls. There was kids running on the side of the road. I asked if we could stop and hand them some balls. My leader said "Nah fuck them and I just simply said "roger" with disgust...We didn't have to stop, or anything we could of just thrown them out the turret. We had soccer balls in the first place to hand them out... =\

But don't view the US military as a bunch of assholes, there are a lot of us actually that really aren't pathetic like them degenerates.
Apink/Girl's Day/miss A/IU/Crayon Pop/Sistar/Exo K :D l Kpop and Kdrama Enthusiast
Abort Retry Fail
Profile Joined December 2011
2636 Posts
January 12 2012 02:37 GMT
#104
On January 12 2012 11:27 MasterBlasterCaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2012 11:24 FuzzyJAM wrote:
On January 12 2012 11:19 MasterBlasterCaster wrote:
Sorry, guys, but "winning the hearts and minds" of the population is not the soldier's job. His job is to shoot where his CO tells him to shoot, kill who his CO tells him to kill, and be a nasty, crude, rude, and generally unpleasant mother-fucker.

People are making WAAAAAAAY too big a deal about this...

If all a soldier's job is to kill people who he's been told to kill then it's an exceptionally dishonourable job.

You can't have things both ways.

I can and do have it both ways. A good soldier follows the lawful orders of his CO without question or hesitation. If his CO orders him to kill a target, he has a duty to kill that target as quickly and efficiently as possible.

No job is honorable or dishonorable taken by itself. Only the one who is doing it can make it honorable or dishonorable. In this instance, what the soldiers did was gross, but hardly shocking or even all that disrespectful. I don't see how shooting someone is okay, but then peeing on them is "so horrible!"

Please tell us, do you have a baggage with anything/anyone?
What happened why you have such anger inside you?
BSOD
diophan
Profile Joined September 2011
United States1018 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-12 02:40:26
January 12 2012 02:38 GMT
#105
On January 12 2012 11:35 MasterBlasterCaster wrote:
I didn't say that it wasn't disrespectful. My point is

Why are you expecting killers to be respectful to people they just killed?

Why do soldiers have to be "respectful"?


This is exactly the attitude that caused the disaster which was Vietnam. I'm glad our military leaders now understand to some extent the exit strategy from Iraq/Afghanistan isn't "recruit people who will mindlessly kill who goes against us, do a bunch of disrespectful things to make every more people turn against us so we have to kill them too, and once they're all dead we're done".
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
January 12 2012 02:38 GMT
#106
On January 12 2012 11:36 FraCuS wrote:
I'm a soldier and I'm a grunt, I hear almost everyone in my combat platoon talk about killing Muslim's and fucking them up. I hear it all the time. It's really all brain wash I hear from people who disagree with Muslim's. I'm not really a religious person but I really disagree with this and this is fucking disappointing why these fuck heads are doing shit like this.

People like these guys, gives American soldiers a bad rep. No wonder why Iraqi's civilians fucking hate us, mainly because of our actions and shit. One reason why i really second guess why i joined the USARMY is when, we were out on patrol and we had a couple of soccer balls. There was kids running on the side of the road. I asked if we could stop and hand them some balls. My leader said "Nah fuck them and I just simply said "roger" with disgust...We didn't have to stop, or anything we could of just thrown them out the turret. We had soccer balls in the first place to hand them out... =\

But don't view the US military as a bunch of assholes, there are a lot of us actually that really aren't pathetic like them degenerates.


+10
kiss kiss fall in love
RoosterSamurai
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Japan2108 Posts
January 12 2012 02:39 GMT
#107
On January 12 2012 11:35 MasterBlasterCaster wrote:
I didn't say that it wasn't disrespectful. My point is

Why are you expecting killers to be respectful to people they just killed?

Why do soldiers have to be "respectful"?

Where did you all get this idea that the military is happy fun time filled with a bunch of people who are deep thinkers who are constantly pontificating about their love and respect for their enemy? That is some pure hollywood BS right there.

We're not there to annihilate the Iraqi's and their culture. We're there to bring peace to their land. Regardless of whether or not I agree with the war, one thing I do know is that shooting their people and pissing on them is certainly not a good way to make them like us or democracy more... It's barbaric actions like this that can cause more young Iraqi men to want to defend their country against the occupying forces.
cz
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States3249 Posts
January 12 2012 02:39 GMT
#108
If this is what is bad, we're doing good. Refer to the history of any war and you'll find things infinitely worse than peeing on enemy dead.
MasterBlasterCaster
Profile Joined October 2011
United States568 Posts
January 12 2012 02:40 GMT
#109
Why are you so obsessed with attacking my person instead of my arguments? Don't answer that, just think about it for a while, then think about what you are defending and what you are condemning.

That being said, obviously this thread isn't going anywhere. A lot of people who aren't in the military and never will be pontificating about what soldiers should think... yeah.. that sounds pretty unproductive...
Alryk
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2718 Posts
January 12 2012 02:41 GMT
#110
On January 12 2012 11:34 Mohdoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2012 11:27 MasterBlasterCaster wrote:
On January 12 2012 11:24 FuzzyJAM wrote:
On January 12 2012 11:19 MasterBlasterCaster wrote:
Sorry, guys, but "winning the hearts and minds" of the population is not the soldier's job. His job is to shoot where his CO tells him to shoot, kill who his CO tells him to kill, and be a nasty, crude, rude, and generally unpleasant mother-fucker.

People are making WAAAAAAAY too big a deal about this...

If all a soldier's job is to kill people who he's been told to kill then it's an exceptionally dishonourable job.

You can't have things both ways.

I can and do have it both ways. A good soldier follows the lawful orders of his CO without question or hesitation. If his CO orders him to kill a target, he has a duty to kill that target as quickly and efficiently as possible.

No job is honorable or dishonorable taken by itself. Only the one who is doing it can make it honorable or dishonorable. In this instance, what the soldiers did was gross, but hardly shocking or even all that disrespectful. I don't see how shooting someone is okay, but then peeing on them is "so horrible!"


Desecration of a corpse is legally defined as war crime.


Show nested quote +
On January 12 2012 11:25 Alryk wrote:
On January 12 2012 11:24 Mohdoo wrote:
On January 12 2012 11:22 Tegin wrote:
This incident doesn't represent every Marine, nor the USMC in general. Damn technology.


Damn technology? Technology is the reason these pitiful people will be brought to justice. Technology is the reason people become aware of this disgraceful behavior.


I think he's talking about how the media tends to just show the ridiculously awful side of things and never the good side, not that he's disagreeing with you

Also: did I answer your question well enough? If you have something else to ask please feel free.


Yes, you did, thank you. Its shocking to hear that soldiers are allowed to serve more than the recommended amount. I can imagine that after a while, they're totally fucked up from all the shit that goes down. That is DEFINITELY something that needs to change...


It's not so much being "allowed" as "necessitated," we have already dipped into our reserves to give the active duty soldiers as few tours as possible, it's just a mess in there. Despite how messed up a lot of the people may be though, they're driven (mostly) by a desire to uphold our country's values and what they believe is right, and to most of us, it means serving (and potentially dying). But I assure you, the military doesn't WANT us there. A tired soldier on his sixth tour is much closer to dead than a soldier on his second. They do their best to cycle it, but the military is pretty starved for recruits right now, at least that's what I believe.
Team Liquid, IM, ViOlet!
Tegin
Profile Joined November 2010
United States840 Posts
January 12 2012 02:42 GMT
#111
On January 12 2012 11:39 cz wrote:
If this is what is bad, we're doing good. Refer to the history of any war and you'll find things infinitely worse than peeing on enemy dead.

Exactly what I said a page ago. This is nothing compared to the gruesome things that have happened in previous wars.
Pain is weakness leaving the body.
RoosterSamurai
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Japan2108 Posts
January 12 2012 02:43 GMT
#112
On January 12 2012 11:41 Alryk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2012 11:34 Mohdoo wrote:
On January 12 2012 11:27 MasterBlasterCaster wrote:
On January 12 2012 11:24 FuzzyJAM wrote:
On January 12 2012 11:19 MasterBlasterCaster wrote:
Sorry, guys, but "winning the hearts and minds" of the population is not the soldier's job. His job is to shoot where his CO tells him to shoot, kill who his CO tells him to kill, and be a nasty, crude, rude, and generally unpleasant mother-fucker.

People are making WAAAAAAAY too big a deal about this...

If all a soldier's job is to kill people who he's been told to kill then it's an exceptionally dishonourable job.

You can't have things both ways.

I can and do have it both ways. A good soldier follows the lawful orders of his CO without question or hesitation. If his CO orders him to kill a target, he has a duty to kill that target as quickly and efficiently as possible.

No job is honorable or dishonorable taken by itself. Only the one who is doing it can make it honorable or dishonorable. In this instance, what the soldiers did was gross, but hardly shocking or even all that disrespectful. I don't see how shooting someone is okay, but then peeing on them is "so horrible!"


Desecration of a corpse is legally defined as war crime.


On January 12 2012 11:25 Alryk wrote:
On January 12 2012 11:24 Mohdoo wrote:
On January 12 2012 11:22 Tegin wrote:
This incident doesn't represent every Marine, nor the USMC in general. Damn technology.


Damn technology? Technology is the reason these pitiful people will be brought to justice. Technology is the reason people become aware of this disgraceful behavior.


I think he's talking about how the media tends to just show the ridiculously awful side of things and never the good side, not that he's disagreeing with you

Also: did I answer your question well enough? If you have something else to ask please feel free.


Yes, you did, thank you. Its shocking to hear that soldiers are allowed to serve more than the recommended amount. I can imagine that after a while, they're totally fucked up from all the shit that goes down. That is DEFINITELY something that needs to change...


It's not so much being "allowed" as "necessitated," we have already dipped into our reserves to give the active duty soldiers as few tours as possible, it's just a mess in there. Despite how messed up a lot of the people may be though, they're driven (mostly) by a desire to uphold our country's values and what they believe is right, and to most of us, it means serving (and potentially dying). But I assure you, the military doesn't WANT us there. A tired soldier on his sixth tour is much closer to dead than a soldier on his second. They do their best to cycle it, but the military is pretty starved for recruits right now, at least that's what I believe.

Maybe if we didn't insist on having hundreds of thousands of occupying forces in non-threatening countries like Germany and Japan, we wouldn't be so starved though?
diophan
Profile Joined September 2011
United States1018 Posts
January 12 2012 02:44 GMT
#113
On January 12 2012 11:42 Tegin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2012 11:39 cz wrote:
If this is what is bad, we're doing good. Refer to the history of any war and you'll find things infinitely worse than peeing on enemy dead.

Exactly what I said a page ago. This is nothing compared to the gruesome things that have happened in previous wars.


Yeah and it used to be common to stone a woman for being an adulteress. I guess anything I do now to mine which is less severe than that is excused, 'cause it used to worse, right?

Seriously that's the argument? People used to do worse stuff so this is okay?
Alryk
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2718 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-12 02:48:08
January 12 2012 02:45 GMT
#114
On January 12 2012 11:43 RoosterSamurai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2012 11:41 Alryk wrote:
On January 12 2012 11:34 Mohdoo wrote:
On January 12 2012 11:27 MasterBlasterCaster wrote:
On January 12 2012 11:24 FuzzyJAM wrote:
On January 12 2012 11:19 MasterBlasterCaster wrote:
Sorry, guys, but "winning the hearts and minds" of the population is not the soldier's job. His job is to shoot where his CO tells him to shoot, kill who his CO tells him to kill, and be a nasty, crude, rude, and generally unpleasant mother-fucker.

People are making WAAAAAAAY too big a deal about this...

If all a soldier's job is to kill people who he's been told to kill then it's an exceptionally dishonourable job.

You can't have things both ways.

I can and do have it both ways. A good soldier follows the lawful orders of his CO without question or hesitation. If his CO orders him to kill a target, he has a duty to kill that target as quickly and efficiently as possible.

No job is honorable or dishonorable taken by itself. Only the one who is doing it can make it honorable or dishonorable. In this instance, what the soldiers did was gross, but hardly shocking or even all that disrespectful. I don't see how shooting someone is okay, but then peeing on them is "so horrible!"


Desecration of a corpse is legally defined as war crime.


On January 12 2012 11:25 Alryk wrote:
On January 12 2012 11:24 Mohdoo wrote:
On January 12 2012 11:22 Tegin wrote:
This incident doesn't represent every Marine, nor the USMC in general. Damn technology.


Damn technology? Technology is the reason these pitiful people will be brought to justice. Technology is the reason people become aware of this disgraceful behavior.


I think he's talking about how the media tends to just show the ridiculously awful side of things and never the good side, not that he's disagreeing with you

Also: did I answer your question well enough? If you have something else to ask please feel free.


Yes, you did, thank you. Its shocking to hear that soldiers are allowed to serve more than the recommended amount. I can imagine that after a while, they're totally fucked up from all the shit that goes down. That is DEFINITELY something that needs to change...


It's not so much being "allowed" as "necessitated," we have already dipped into our reserves to give the active duty soldiers as few tours as possible, it's just a mess in there. Despite how messed up a lot of the people may be though, they're driven (mostly) by a desire to uphold our country's values and what they believe is right, and to most of us, it means serving (and potentially dying). But I assure you, the military doesn't WANT us there. A tired soldier on his sixth tour is much closer to dead than a soldier on his second. They do their best to cycle it, but the military is pretty starved for recruits right now, at least that's what I believe.

Maybe if we didn't insist on having hundreds of thousands of occupying forces in non-threatening countries like Germany and Japan, we wouldn't be so starved though?


I'm not too familiar with Germany, but I am definitely ok with soldiers being in Japan and Korea. North Korea is a pretty damn big threat. One of my friends who was in Korea was speaking with korean soldiers who told them that if we weren't there and North Korea staged an "all out attack" on South Korea, they'd survive for about an hour, and North Korea would have Seoul within a day. Japan also needs protection from us there, although I'm pretty sure we also have a still standing treaty from WW2 that keeps soldiers there.

Plus, if SK fell, what would happen to GSL?

Edit: I feel like "hundreds of thousands" is a bit of an overstatement, I think it's more like eighty thousand total, but I could be wrong.
Team Liquid, IM, ViOlet!
BlondeOna
Profile Joined November 2011
Australia89 Posts
January 12 2012 02:45 GMT
#115
I hope you guys realize that this is a by product of their training. It is hard wired into their brain to hate their target immensely so there is not even a split second of conflicting emotion on the battlefield.
'This is a f****** joke, f*** you'
dudeman001
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2412 Posts
January 12 2012 02:46 GMT
#116
On January 12 2012 11:42 Tegin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2012 11:39 cz wrote:
If this is what is bad, we're doing good. Refer to the history of any war and you'll find things infinitely worse than peeing on enemy dead.

Exactly what I said a page ago. This is nothing compared to the gruesome things that have happened in previous wars.

And like I said 3 pages ago, I can't think of a single occupying army that treated the conquered respectfully. It really sucks when stories like this come out and reflect poorly on a country's armed forces, it just goes to show humanity still sucks.
Sup.
RoosterSamurai
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Japan2108 Posts
January 12 2012 02:47 GMT
#117
On January 12 2012 11:45 Alryk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2012 11:43 RoosterSamurai wrote:
On January 12 2012 11:41 Alryk wrote:
On January 12 2012 11:34 Mohdoo wrote:
On January 12 2012 11:27 MasterBlasterCaster wrote:
On January 12 2012 11:24 FuzzyJAM wrote:
On January 12 2012 11:19 MasterBlasterCaster wrote:
Sorry, guys, but "winning the hearts and minds" of the population is not the soldier's job. His job is to shoot where his CO tells him to shoot, kill who his CO tells him to kill, and be a nasty, crude, rude, and generally unpleasant mother-fucker.

People are making WAAAAAAAY too big a deal about this...

If all a soldier's job is to kill people who he's been told to kill then it's an exceptionally dishonourable job.

You can't have things both ways.

I can and do have it both ways. A good soldier follows the lawful orders of his CO without question or hesitation. If his CO orders him to kill a target, he has a duty to kill that target as quickly and efficiently as possible.

No job is honorable or dishonorable taken by itself. Only the one who is doing it can make it honorable or dishonorable. In this instance, what the soldiers did was gross, but hardly shocking or even all that disrespectful. I don't see how shooting someone is okay, but then peeing on them is "so horrible!"


Desecration of a corpse is legally defined as war crime.


On January 12 2012 11:25 Alryk wrote:
On January 12 2012 11:24 Mohdoo wrote:
On January 12 2012 11:22 Tegin wrote:
This incident doesn't represent every Marine, nor the USMC in general. Damn technology.


Damn technology? Technology is the reason these pitiful people will be brought to justice. Technology is the reason people become aware of this disgraceful behavior.


I think he's talking about how the media tends to just show the ridiculously awful side of things and never the good side, not that he's disagreeing with you

Also: did I answer your question well enough? If you have something else to ask please feel free.


Yes, you did, thank you. Its shocking to hear that soldiers are allowed to serve more than the recommended amount. I can imagine that after a while, they're totally fucked up from all the shit that goes down. That is DEFINITELY something that needs to change...


It's not so much being "allowed" as "necessitated," we have already dipped into our reserves to give the active duty soldiers as few tours as possible, it's just a mess in there. Despite how messed up a lot of the people may be though, they're driven (mostly) by a desire to uphold our country's values and what they believe is right, and to most of us, it means serving (and potentially dying). But I assure you, the military doesn't WANT us there. A tired soldier on his sixth tour is much closer to dead than a soldier on his second. They do their best to cycle it, but the military is pretty starved for recruits right now, at least that's what I believe.

Maybe if we didn't insist on having hundreds of thousands of occupying forces in non-threatening countries like Germany and Japan, we wouldn't be so starved though?


I'm not too familiar with Germany, but I am definitely ok with soldiers being in Japan and Korea. North Korea is a pretty damn big threat. One of my friends who was in Korea was speaking with korean soldiers who told them that if we weren't there and North Korea staged an "all out attack" on South Korea, they'd survive for about an hour, and North Korea would have Seoul within a day. Japan also needs protection from us there, although I'm pretty sure we also have a still standing treaty from WW2 that keeps soldiers there.

Plus, if SK fell, what would happen to GSL?

I don't disagree with you, but even with us being in Korea and Japan, if North Korea decides to go all out and attack South Korea, all of our initial forces would most likely still be wiped out, and we'd have to re-invade just to push the NK's back.
And we have guaranteed Japan protection from other countries since WW2, but honestly, I could see the US breaking that treaty if it ends up leaving our land too unprotected. I'm very confident we would abandon Japan if China tried to invade it.
Abort Retry Fail
Profile Joined December 2011
2636 Posts
January 12 2012 02:47 GMT
#118
On January 12 2012 11:40 MasterBlasterCaster wrote:
Why are you so obsessed with attacking my person instead of my arguments? Don't answer that, just think about it for a while, then think about what you are defending and what you are condemning.

That being said, obviously this thread isn't going anywhere. A lot of people who aren't in the military and never will be pontificating about what soldiers should think... yeah.. that sounds pretty unproductive...


Ok. I get your point. But please reply to this post by Rooster

We're not there to annihilate the Iraqi's and their culture. We're there to bring peace to their land. Regardless of whether or not I agree with the war, one thing I do know is that shooting their people and pissing on them is certainly not a good way to make them like us or democracy more... It's barbaric actions like this that can cause more young Iraqi men to want to defend their country against the occupying forces.
BSOD
Damiani
Profile Joined October 2011
United States514 Posts
January 12 2012 02:48 GMT
#119
Only in the U.S would you hear about this. This is sick and disgust
ing.period.
Tegin
Profile Joined November 2010
United States840 Posts
January 12 2012 02:49 GMT
#120
On January 12 2012 11:44 diophan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2012 11:42 Tegin wrote:
On January 12 2012 11:39 cz wrote:
If this is what is bad, we're doing good. Refer to the history of any war and you'll find things infinitely worse than peeing on enemy dead.

Exactly what I said a page ago. This is nothing compared to the gruesome things that have happened in previous wars.


Yeah and it used to be common to stone a woman for being an adulteress. I guess anything I do now to mine which is less severe than that is excused, 'cause it used to worse, right?

Seriously that's the argument? People used to do worse stuff so this is okay?

Never meant to imply this behavior is "okay". It isn't any any sane human being knows this. But looking at previous wars and the war crimes that have been committed this is nothing.
Pain is weakness leaving the body.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
firebathero 1369
Hyuk 449
Bisu 260
Dewaltoss 92
Leta 79
Larva 65
Killer 63
EffOrt 45
soO 43
ZerO 41
[ Show more ]
Yoon 38
Sharp 35
ToSsGirL 35
Aegong 32
Soma 30
Sexy 30
Bale 26
Light 20
Hm[arnc] 16
Sacsri 14
NaDa 11
JulyZerg 7
Terrorterran 1
Dota 2
Fuzer 127
League of Legends
JimRising 428
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss928
byalli635
kRYSTAL_35
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor998
crisheroes266
Other Games
gofns11345
summit1g9105
singsing1380
olofmeister951
ceh9643
Mew2King90
ArmadaUGS46
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream151
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2384
League of Legends
• Rush1106
• Stunt408
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
3h 52m
OSC
12h 52m
CranKy Ducklings
1d
Online Event
1d 1h
FEL
1d 6h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 7h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 9h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.