• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:55
CEST 03:55
KST 10:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8443 users

[SGL] RooT vs NrG. (Drama) - Page 3

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
NrG.NeverExpo
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2114 Posts
September 07 2010 03:59 GMT
#41
@Plexa sorry to misinterpret your response, I understand now and yea i totally agree.

@Mato you can't possibly think that what you're saying makes sense. I know a player is his own ambassador, and he must try to represent himself as professionally as possible, but tings happen, things get said in the heat of competition. How would you feel to get banned or kicked out of something, because someone has a screenshot of u BMing some1 on ladder for 6pooling you?

"Sorry you can't play TSL3 because we have records indicating you called some one a scrub 2 months ago"

Yea, really logical.
TwitteR: @NeverExpo follow me, i'll follow back :)
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
September 07 2010 04:00 GMT
#42
On September 07 2010 12:57 Mato wrote:
@Plexa - I don't, but what I think is irrelevant. The fact that the two of them degenerated into a decent amount of lines of shittalk is enough for the league to decide... and they did.

Not saying I agree with the bans, just that organisations have rules...
That doesn't make the decision any less retarded. When this is a friendly clan war and people are playing in it for fun, they certainly are doing their damndest to piss off the players.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
September 07 2010 04:01 GMT
#43
On September 07 2010 12:49 IefNaij wrote:
drama/bm/rivalry makes the game more entertaining, no one should be disqualified from the league.. quite stupid imo >_<

yeah man, look at idra
hate it or love it the guy has stolen a lot of my time with his artosis interviews and TL posts t.t
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
tyCe
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia2542 Posts
September 07 2010 04:04 GMT
#44
I think any chat that isn't gg or pp shouldn't be allowed in tournament matches. Telling your opponent that you're going one build or another really screws with your opponent's mind and gives yourself an unfair advantage. On the other hand, to explicitly swear at your opponent is almost as bad - it is rude, but at least it does not give you an unfair advantage in the game.

I think CatZ should have been DQ'd immediately once he said he's going 7pool.
Betrayed by EG.BuK
Mato
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia412 Posts
September 07 2010 04:04 GMT
#45
"But things happen"

Maybe you (I'm guessing are the leader) recruit so things "don't happen"?.

Manner is fairly important to me, maybe because I've been involved with CS and then WoW arena communities so long where there is basically no manner... just a competition to see who can be the most abusive. I enjoy playing SC2 and win/lose enjoying myself without shittalk.

Just say again for the record, don't agree with the ban. But you can't expect sympathy.
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-07 04:10:55
September 07 2010 04:07 GMT
#46
On September 07 2010 13:04 tyCe wrote:
I think any chat that isn't gg or pp shouldn't be allowed in tournament matches. Telling your opponent that you're going one build or another really screws with your opponent's mind and gives yourself an unfair advantage. On the other hand, to explicitly swear at your opponent is almost as bad - it is rude, but at least it does not give you an unfair advantage in the game.

I think CatZ should have been DQ'd immediately once he said he's going 7pool.


How is it unfair? It's not like your not allowed to go 7 pool unless you first announce it? Mind games are a big part of SCII and this is just another one. If you have watched a CatZ game in the last 2 weeks you would KNOW he's 7 pooling on Steppes even if he didn't say it. Bad scouting of opponents, which imo is one of the biggest problems plaguing players right now.
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
NrG.NeverExpo
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2114 Posts
September 07 2010 04:10 GMT
#47
On September 07 2010 13:04 Mato wrote:
"But things happen"

Maybe you (I'm guessing are the leader) recruit so things "don't happen"?.

Manner is fairly important to me, maybe because I've been involved with CS and then WoW arena communities so long where there is basically no manner... just a competition to see who can be the most abusive. I enjoy playing SC2 and win/lose enjoying myself without shittalk.

Just say again for the record, don't agree with the ban. But you can't expect sympathy.

So would you think its fair for some one to take your shit talking in CS into consideration when they are contemplating letting you play an event in SC2? No one is perfect, saying I should recruit so that things "don't happen" is stupid. People get mad, even professional athletes and gamers. He lost his cool once, is it going to haunt him forever? And this is just talking, what if he ACTUALLY broke a rule?
TwitteR: @NeverExpo follow me, i'll follow back :)
NrG.NeverExpo
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2114 Posts
September 07 2010 04:12 GMT
#48
On September 07 2010 13:07 iCCup.Diamond wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2010 13:04 tyCe wrote:
I think any chat that isn't gg or pp shouldn't be allowed in tournament matches. Telling your opponent that you're going one build or another really screws with your opponent's mind and gives yourself an unfair advantage. On the other hand, to explicitly swear at your opponent is almost as bad - it is rude, but at least it does not give you an unfair advantage in the game.

I think CatZ should have been DQ'd immediately once he said he's going 7pool.


How is it unfair? It's not like your not allowed to go 7 pool unless you first announce it? Mind games are a big part of SCII and this is just another one. If you have watched a CatZ game in the last 2 weeks you would KNOW he's 7 pooling on Steppes even if he didn't say it. Bad scouting of opponents, which imo is one of the biggest problems plaguing players right now.

Let's keep in mind this isn't about CatZ or his builds or his "mindgames" There would be a huge argument as to whether or not lyrical mindgames should or should not be allowed in the competitive sc2 game, but this is not the place for that.
TwitteR: @NeverExpo follow me, i'll follow back :)
VTArlock
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1763 Posts
September 07 2010 04:13 GMT
#49
i disagree with the ban. Where in the rules does it say "if you bm we will disqualify you".
Why?
Buddhist
Profile Joined April 2010
United States658 Posts
September 07 2010 04:14 GMT
#50
What the hell is SGL? I read through the whole thread, maybe I missed it, but I don't see anything explaining what it is. I did a bit of searching and all I find is the GSL, which is obviously unrelated.
Grroar
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States291 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-07 04:15:48
September 07 2010 04:15 GMT
#51
This seems way over the top, doesn't seem like they have any other proof of BM (I don't even consider this BM, it is BM because he said fucking?, people curse). Sorry for your team NrG, that was a terrible decision, I hope after seeing this thread he will let you continue the league.

What the hell is SGL? I read through the whole thread, maybe I missed it, but I don't see anything explaining what it is. I did a bit of searching and all I find is the GSL, which is obviously unrelated.


http://sgleague.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Its a sc2 team league type deal
www.vVv-Gaming.com
YoonHo
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada1043 Posts
September 07 2010 04:15 GMT
#52
This decision is really silly, I was in NrG vent channel when it all went down (the decision). It was so sudden, there was no discussion (at least from what I was hearing), just "you guys are out of the league". I basically agree with what Plexa/JF are saying because to be DQ'd from something as SILLY as this is just baffling. Let players BM each other a little, let there be some rivalry, let there be a bit of drama. At the end of the day, it's just a game and we're all trying to have some fun.
IUFam Golf Wang~ NrGsteve
Mercatosis
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2 Posts
September 07 2010 04:15 GMT
#53
Unless there are specific rules about players talking via the in-game chat (i know some leagues have this), I don't really see any reason for CatZ to suffer from this. I don't really see him stating that he's 7pooling being BM.
Cade
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada1420 Posts
September 07 2010 04:18 GMT
#54
On September 07 2010 13:04 tyCe wrote:
I think any chat that isn't gg or pp shouldn't be allowed in tournament matches. Telling your opponent that you're going one build or another really screws with your opponent's mind and gives yourself an unfair advantage. On the other hand, to explicitly swear at your opponent is almost as bad - it is rude, but at least it does not give you an unfair advantage in the game.

I think CatZ should have been DQ'd immediately once he said he's going 7pool.


Something very weird must be going on in your head if you think that talking is an "unfair" advantage.
casualman
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1198 Posts
September 07 2010 04:19 GMT
#55
SGL is a no-name league. Let us forget about it and watch the GSL Open.
GuMiho <3
NrG.NeverExpo
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2114 Posts
September 07 2010 04:20 GMT
#56
On September 07 2010 13:15 Mercatosis wrote:
Unless there are specific rules about players talking via the in-game chat (i know some leagues have this), I don't really see any reason for CatZ to suffer from this. I don't really see him stating that he's 7pooling being BM.

This is your first post, and it was a bad one. I don't want CatZ to suffer from this, this wasn't even the issue. Did you read the chatlogs in the game between he and ahhboxxah? Or did you watch the replay? Did you even read my hole OP?
TwitteR: @NeverExpo follow me, i'll follow back :)
Wargizmo
Profile Joined March 2010
1237 Posts
September 07 2010 04:22 GMT
#57

I can't think of a single professional sport where this kind of trashtalk would get you banned from an entire league. Warnings and fines - happens all the time, even being DQ'd from a match or a player recieving a 1 match ban happens now and then, but an entire team being removed from a whole competition? I think this is completely unreasonable, especially considering there wasn't even racism or homophobia involved (the only things I would even consider banning someone for BM over)

OmniEulogy
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada6600 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-07 04:27:22
September 07 2010 04:24 GMT
#58
00:20:13 - CatZ to ALL: im most manner person in the world
00:20:13 - AhhBoxxah to ALL: LOL

00:20:18 - CatZ to ALL: im talking to a piece of shit newb

I think this is really where the problem should have been if you are looking at CatZ's actions.

And I feel that this is just as bad as what got nrg the ban... so... I'm not sure I understand where the decision came from at all...
LiquidDota Staff
OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
September 07 2010 04:24 GMT
#59
On September 07 2010 13:07 iCCup.Diamond wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2010 13:04 tyCe wrote:
I think any chat that isn't gg or pp shouldn't be allowed in tournament matches. Telling your opponent that you're going one build or another really screws with your opponent's mind and gives yourself an unfair advantage. On the other hand, to explicitly swear at your opponent is almost as bad - it is rude, but at least it does not give you an unfair advantage in the game.

I think CatZ should have been DQ'd immediately once he said he's going 7pool.


How is it unfair? It's not like your not allowed to go 7 pool unless you first announce it? Mind games are a big part of SCII and this is just another one. If you have watched a CatZ game in the last 2 weeks you would KNOW he's 7 pooling on Steppes even if he didn't say it. Bad scouting of opponents, which imo is one of the biggest problems plaguing players right now.

What? Is this a joke? Saying shit during the game to your opponent isn't mindgame. It's a bad taste. It should just not be allowed - especially in a clan war or tournament setting.
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
September 07 2010 04:26 GMT
#60
On September 07 2010 13:24 OneOther wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2010 13:07 iCCup.Diamond wrote:
On September 07 2010 13:04 tyCe wrote:
I think any chat that isn't gg or pp shouldn't be allowed in tournament matches. Telling your opponent that you're going one build or another really screws with your opponent's mind and gives yourself an unfair advantage. On the other hand, to explicitly swear at your opponent is almost as bad - it is rude, but at least it does not give you an unfair advantage in the game.

I think CatZ should have been DQ'd immediately once he said he's going 7pool.


How is it unfair? It's not like your not allowed to go 7 pool unless you first announce it? Mind games are a big part of SCII and this is just another one. If you have watched a CatZ game in the last 2 weeks you would KNOW he's 7 pooling on Steppes even if he didn't say it. Bad scouting of opponents, which imo is one of the biggest problems plaguing players right now.

What? Is this a joke? Saying shit during the game to your opponent isn't mindgame. It's a bad taste. It should just not be allowed - especially in a clan war or tournament setting.

Whatever, it's not the issue. If you're going to disallow it fine, but make sure it's well known in advance etc. The rules don't stipulate that you need to be quiet all game so what Catz did is fine.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1991
GuemChi 1579
Artosis 647
910 68
Bale 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm162
Counter-Strike
taco 455
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox500
Other Games
summit1g8256
Doublelift2283
JimRising 528
Day[9].tv346
C9.Mang0343
PiGStarcraft294
Maynarde142
CosmosSc2 29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick963
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 127
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv346
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 5m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
9h 5m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
22h 5m
Patches Events
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.