• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:45
CEST 11:45
KST 18:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8356 users

[SGL] RooT vs NrG. (Drama) - Page 2

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
ROOTCatZ
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
Peru1238 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-07 03:41:12
September 07 2010 03:39 GMT
#21
I said "im 7 pooling (fair warning)" exactly, because its one of my main opening builds on steppes of war and I don't like it when people call it cheese, as my follow up is i think good, or at least has good winning ratio against almost every protoss i've played in NA. Built a hatch outside of his base to lure him out, I was plenty ahead and could afford it, also it worked.

I don't ever try to be bm unless bm'd first, AhhBoxah got on my nerves as he talked like this after he already won the game, and I answered back (perhaps i shouldnt've).

From my understanding the admins decided to ban NrG because of previous behavior and not this situation alone. I told the admins i was more than happy to finish the clanwar as I don't like to take free wins, and again I think im a nice guy, unless provoked. I agree with NeverExpo that this is no reason to dq them from the league, and again I was (and still am) more than willing to finish the clanwar, however it was the admin's choice because this was not the first time this happened with NrG.

After this, NeverExpo msg'd me on Starcraft2 I explained to him that It wasn't my choice or my wish for them to be dq'd on the back of this incident. He continued to poke on the incident and was pretty insisting and bm over a situation I have no control over.

Later on he msg'd me to apologize about his previous behavior, I gladly accepted his apology and he proceeded to tell me he'd post about this incident on TL because he didn't think it was fair. and that's I guess my side of the story if it matters.
Progamerwww.root-gaming.com
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
September 07 2010 03:42 GMT
#22
On September 07 2010 12:39 CatZ.root wrote:
I said "im 7 pooling (fair warning)" exactly, because its one of my main opening builds on steppes of war and I don't like it when people call it cheese, as my follow up is i think good, or at least has good winning ratio against almost every protoss i've played in NA. Built a hatch outside of his base to lure him out, I was plenty ahead and could afford it, also it worked.


He's not lying here. Raelcun has told me many times how CatZ and everyone argue about it being a legit strat. CatZ really does feel it's not an all in.

I don't care about the drama I just wanted to say I could verify that that statement is not a lie or a stretching of the truth.
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
September 07 2010 03:43 GMT
#23
Honestly, this is all a little bit silly... you call this drama? This is nothing....
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
NrG.NeverExpo
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2114 Posts
September 07 2010 03:45 GMT
#24
Yea what CatZ said is true, i did get very upset and took it out on him which i shudnt have, and i immediately appologized afterwards. The "BM" incident people from inflow are referring to is something that happened close to 2 months ago in a friendly CW between NrG and inflow. Boxxah did say something stupid during that clan war, and he lost, and i told him it was wrong and ofc he knew it was wrong. But considering an incident like that towards a league is absolutely ridiculous. Inflow complained about our BM before even encountering us in the SGL. They merely did it to punish us, I guess from prior events. SGL admins once again made a horrible decision in taking something from a CW that didn't even matter and holding it against us in their league..
TwitteR: @NeverExpo follow me, i'll follow back :)
Lexvink
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada310 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-07 03:53:46
September 07 2010 03:47 GMT
#25
CatZ is known for being a funny/joking guy, as well as having a reputation of 7 pooling on Steppes vs toss(I am assuming that is what happened with the 7 pool). DQ for a single game of back and forth BM seems a bit unreasonable, but from what I heard, it also happened in the matches between NrG and team nG(would like to see a representative from NrG confirming/confirming this). If that is true, then a DQ could be reasonable if this has occurred previously and how severe the BM was.

After watching the replay, CatZ just responded with insults of his own after being attacked by the NrG player, which is understandable. And expanding to your opponents natural is fine... if your in the lead, securing the lead is a acceptable thing to do, Flash has done so in televised games. I understand how this can be considered as BM by Boxxah as it is a bit of a slap in the face such as nuking in SC1, pylon/cannon heart(bit more BM), but they are all acceptable things to do.
NrG.Bamboo
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2756 Posts
September 07 2010 03:48 GMT
#26
Hi, Bamboo here.

There is slightly more to the story (after talking to the admin along with NeverExpo on MSN after the news was broken to me). GnR (admin) claims that NrG has a BM reputation already due to 2 events that happened in the past.

One event was against team nG, I believe a week ago, when one of our members called an opposing team member "cheesy". This was said in spectator chat only, none of the players were disturbed and there was no BM from either side in a public setting. At all. But that seems to be one of the two situations that cast NrG as a BM team.

The other event was against team inflow several weeks ago in which one of our players did say "gg scrub" after being cheesed and lost. The kicker here is that it had nothing to do with SGL, and was just a friendly CW.

And I'll just leave that with a small excerpt from our MSN conversation:
+ Show Spoiler +
SGL]GnR says:
yes i give you one chacne
its qualifiers
there are no second chances
kurt says:
so what have we done wrong before this
do u have any records of it?
or do u have 2 people
coming to you
SGL]GnR says:
i dont need records
kurt says:
and making shit up
SGL]GnR says:
its my league and what i say goes
kurt says:
because they lost clan wars?
u know how pissed some ppl get when they lose
SGL]GnR says:
i apologize
but the decision is final
I need to protect all your life you can enjoy the vibrant life of your battery
Alou
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States3748 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-07 03:52:05
September 07 2010 03:48 GMT
#27
On September 07 2010 12:45 NrG.NeverExpo wrote:
Yea what CatZ said is true, i did get very upset and took it out on him which i shudnt have, and i immediately appologized afterwards. The "BM" incident people from inflow are referring to is something that happened close to 2 months ago in a friendly CW between NrG and inflow. Boxxah did say something stupid during that clan war, and he lost, and i told him it was wrong and ofc he knew it was wrong. But considering an incident like that towards a league is absolutely ridiculous. Inflow complained about our BM before even encountering us in the SGL. They merely did it to punish us, I guess from prior events. SGL admins once again made a horrible decision in taking something from a CW that didn't even matter and holding it against us in their league..


Oh that's just what I remembered. I had no idea if it was related to SGL or not as I wasn't there at the time and I doubt anyone on Inflow has brought it up with SGL. We just brought it up like a week ago in Vent when talking about SGL teams so I thought it might have been something recent. My bad lol.

Edit - If this incident IS part of the reasoning the SGL admins used, that's lame. Their BM from 2 months ago in something not associated with SGL is no reason for them to be DQ'ed.

Nor is calling something cheesy in chat.

People need thicker skins and learn to just ignore BM lol.
Life is Good.
IefNaij
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada291 Posts
September 07 2010 03:49 GMT
#28
drama/bm/rivalry makes the game more entertaining, no one should be disqualified from the league.. quite stupid imo >_<
NrG.NeverExpo
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2114 Posts
September 07 2010 03:49 GMT
#29
On September 07 2010 12:43 Plexa wrote:
Honestly, this is all a little bit silly... you call this drama? This is nothing....

It's not the drama within the Clan War, its the decision-making that 1 person made by himself without consulting any of his admin team about it. He held something against us that happened outside of his league and 2 months ago apperently, on top of this stuff against root. Maybe you think it's silly because you aren't in our position. When there aren't many ways to prove yourself in such a new game, and you work hard to commit yourself and your team to a league, only to be kicked out for some ridiculous event that happened between 2 players, you get kind of upset. I take this game and my team very seriously, and I thought I could rely on the community of TL for support.
TwitteR: @NeverExpo follow me, i'll follow back :)
NrG.Bamboo
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2756 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-07 03:53:46
September 07 2010 03:52 GMT
#30
On September 07 2010 12:39 CatZ.root wrote:
I said "im 7 pooling (fair warning)" exactly, because its one of my main opening builds on steppes of war and I don't like it when people call it cheese, as my follow up is i think good, or at least has good winning ratio against almost every protoss i've played in NA. Built a hatch outside of his base to lure him out, I was plenty ahead and could afford it, also it worked.

I don't ever try to be bm unless bm'd first, AhhBoxah got on my nerves as he talked like this after he already won the game, and I answered back (perhaps i shouldnt've).

From my understanding the admins decided to ban NrG because of previous behavior and not this situation alone. I told the admins i was more than happy to finish the clanwar as I don't like to take free wins, and again I think im a nice guy, unless provoked. I agree with NeverExpo that this is no reason to dq them from the league, and again I was (and still am) more than willing to finish the clanwar, however it was the admin's choice because this was not the first time this happened with NrG.

After this, NeverExpo msg'd me on Starcraft2 I explained to him that It wasn't my choice or my wish for them to be dq'd on the back of this incident. He continued to poke on the incident and was pretty insisting and bm over a situation I have no control over.

Later on he msg'd me to apologize about his previous behavior, I gladly accepted his apology and he proceeded to tell me he'd post about this incident on TL because he didn't think it was fair. and that's I guess my side of the story if it matters.

Hi, and just for the record, I had no issues with the game we played; I am an extremely emotional player and was raging quite hard, but none of which was heard by anyone outside of my room (I didn't even mention anything to my teammates about the game afterwards).

A lot of my players also wanted to finish the CW as well =[
I need to protect all your life you can enjoy the vibrant life of your battery
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
September 07 2010 03:52 GMT
#31
On September 07 2010 12:49 NrG.NeverExpo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2010 12:43 Plexa wrote:
Honestly, this is all a little bit silly... you call this drama? This is nothing....

It's not the drama within the Clan War, its the decision-making that 1 person made by himself without consulting any of his admin team about it. He held something against us that happened outside of his league and 2 months ago apperently, on top of this stuff against root. Maybe you think it's silly because you aren't in our position. When there aren't many ways to prove yourself in such a new game, and you work hard to commit yourself and your team to a league, only to be kicked out for some ridiculous event that happened between 2 players, you get kind of upset. I take this game and my team very seriously, and I thought I could rely on the community of TL for support.

No I think the fact you guys were disqualified over something like this is silly. The administration for this tournament should step up and realise how fucking stupid this is.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Mato
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia412 Posts
September 07 2010 03:53 GMT
#32
On September 07 2010 12:49 NrG.NeverExpo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2010 12:43 Plexa wrote:
Honestly, this is all a little bit silly... you call this drama? This is nothing....

It's not the drama within the Clan War, its the decision-making that 1 person made by himself without consulting any of his admin team about it. He held something against us that happened outside of his league and 2 months ago apperently, on top of this stuff against root. Maybe you think it's silly because you aren't in our position. When there aren't many ways to prove yourself in such a new game, and you work hard to commit yourself and your team to a league, only to be kicked out for some ridiculous event that happened between 2 players, you get kind of upset. I take this game and my team very seriously, and I thought I could rely on the community of TL for support.


Looks pretty clear cut from here, no offense. You both BM'd each other (CatZ being the "less" I'd say, considering what he did initially wasn't even bm). You both got warnings, but in your case this was a third strike.

How can you say being BM in another competition has no relevance? Third time your clan has been BM and you want people to feel sorry for you? No
kickinhead
Profile Joined December 2008
Switzerland2069 Posts
September 07 2010 03:55 GMT
#33
ban wasn't necessary...
https://soundcloud.com/thesamplethief
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
September 07 2010 03:55 GMT
#34
On September 07 2010 12:53 Mato wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2010 12:49 NrG.NeverExpo wrote:
On September 07 2010 12:43 Plexa wrote:
Honestly, this is all a little bit silly... you call this drama? This is nothing....

It's not the drama within the Clan War, its the decision-making that 1 person made by himself without consulting any of his admin team about it. He held something against us that happened outside of his league and 2 months ago apperently, on top of this stuff against root. Maybe you think it's silly because you aren't in our position. When there aren't many ways to prove yourself in such a new game, and you work hard to commit yourself and your team to a league, only to be kicked out for some ridiculous event that happened between 2 players, you get kind of upset. I take this game and my team very seriously, and I thought I could rely on the community of TL for support.


Looks pretty clear cut from here, no offense. You both BM'd each other (CatZ being the "less" I'd say, considering what he did initially wasn't even bm). You both got warnings, but in your case this was a third strike.

How can you say being BM in another competition has no relevance? Third time your clan has been BM and you want people to feel sorry for you? No

You call that BM? For crying out loud man, just let people play the game and stop worrying about petty shit like this.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
September 07 2010 03:55 GMT
#35
On September 07 2010 12:53 Mato wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2010 12:49 NrG.NeverExpo wrote:
On September 07 2010 12:43 Plexa wrote:
Honestly, this is all a little bit silly... you call this drama? This is nothing....

It's not the drama within the Clan War, its the decision-making that 1 person made by himself without consulting any of his admin team about it. He held something against us that happened outside of his league and 2 months ago apperently, on top of this stuff against root. Maybe you think it's silly because you aren't in our position. When there aren't many ways to prove yourself in such a new game, and you work hard to commit yourself and your team to a league, only to be kicked out for some ridiculous event that happened between 2 players, you get kind of upset. I take this game and my team very seriously, and I thought I could rely on the community of TL for support.


Looks pretty clear cut from here, no offense. You both BM'd each other (CatZ being the "less" I'd say, considering what he did initially wasn't even bm). You both got warnings, but in your case this was a third strike.

How can you say being BM in another competition has no relevance? Third time your clan has been BM and you want people to feel sorry for you? No

"friendly clan war" and "another competition" are different things i think...
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
Ftrunkz
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Australia2474 Posts
September 07 2010 03:56 GMT
#36
based off the info purely in the op, utterly, utterly retarded decision -_-;;
@NvPinder on twitter | Member of Gamecom Nv | http://www.clan-ta.com | http://www.youtube.com/user/ftrunkz | http://www.twitchtv.com/xghpinder
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-07 03:57:11
September 07 2010 03:56 GMT
#37
On September 07 2010 12:48 Valentine wrote:
]SGL]GnR says:
yes i give you one chacne
its qualifiers
there are no second chances
kurt says:
so what have we done wrong before this
do u have any records of it?
or do u have 2 people
coming to you
SGL]GnR says:
i dont need records
kurt says:
and making shit up
SGL]GnR says:
its my league and what i say goes
kurt says:
because they lost clan wars?
u know how pissed some ppl get when they lose
SGL]GnR says:
i apologize
but the decision is final


Wow, not a good attitude for a tournament organizer. Yes dude you do need records. Aren't you the league with like 94 pages of rules?
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
stalife
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada1222 Posts
September 07 2010 03:56 GMT
#38
I think the decision is pretty harsh... and catz 7 pooling on steppes.. i lost from it too :/
www.memoryexpress.com
Mato
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia412 Posts
September 07 2010 03:57 GMT
#39
@Plexa - I don't, but what I think is irrelevant. The fact that the two of them degenerated into a decent amount of lines of shittalk is enough for the league to decide... and they did.

Not saying I agree with the bans, just that organisations have rules...
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
September 07 2010 03:58 GMT
#40
On September 07 2010 12:56 stalife wrote:
I think the decision is pretty harsh... and catz 7 pooling on steppes.. i lost from it too :/

Yea man 7pool is legit on that map. Stupid short rush distance >.<
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech29
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 390
Horang2 367
EffOrt 323
Larva 280
Pusan 87
Mind 83
sorry 64
ggaemo 58
Hyun 54
scan(afreeca) 52
[ Show more ]
Killer 46
Bale 45
Barracks 36
NotJumperer 34
Sharp 32
Yoon 22
Sacsri 20
Shinee 16
Hm[arnc] 13
Noble 7
Dota 2
febbydoto99
League of Legends
JimRising 402
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1388
edward53
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King97
Other Games
summit1g7831
ceh9649
Happy365
crisheroes206
Sick171
dupreeh71
Pyrionflax67
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick563
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast10
• LUISG 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2274
League of Legends
• Jankos1031
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
15m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1h 15m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
14h 15m
Patches Events
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.