• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:09
CEST 03:09
KST 10:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8582 users

[SGL] RooT vs NrG. (Drama) - Page 10

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 Next All
dellesh1ruH
Profile Joined August 2009
Denmark509 Posts
September 07 2010 19:34 GMT
#181
i cant download the rep - maybe u can upload it on another site?
Pain is temporary, Glory is forever!
enzym
Profile Joined January 2010
Germany1034 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-07 20:18:25
September 07 2010 20:17 GMT
#182
i dont think there's much point in discussing this issue further until we know what the other supposedly related cases of bm on nrgs part are.

catz opened by giving his opponent information. false or not cannot be known by the opponent at this point in time and it definately can screw with your gameplay considerably. it doesnt appear to be disallowed in this league, and whether or not the game of starcraft should entail mindgames played over written messages in the game chat is a topic that can be discussed elsewhere.

AhhBoxxah took offense to it (rightly so in my opinion) but lost possible morale highground for cussing, additionally to it not being an enforcable offense in this league.

catz returns that with worse or equally vicious insulting behaviour, but only nrg gets removed from the league.

we can either put trust in the organization of this league and assume that nrg did have a bad record, or
we can hold them accountable and see it as a biased decision at the cost of nrg until transparency is created and we can see and judge for ourselves the sufficiency of the supposed prior offenses on nrgs side.

i dont think leaving power unchecked is a good thing to do, because unlike nrg humanity does have a bad track record with this.

remains to be seen if the unease created from this thread can put enough pressure on the league to get the admins to talk.
"I fart a lot, often on my gf in bed, then we roll around laughing for 5 mins choking in gas." — exog // "…be'master, the art of reflection. If you are not a thinking man, to what purpose are you a man at all?" — S. T. Coleridge
shynee
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada180 Posts
September 07 2010 20:26 GMT
#183
Ban both players to set an example. But honestly, if the 7 pool comment is going to make you cry, then it's time to man up. If you consider this game a "sport" then let people be competitive as long as there is no disrespect, which the the 7 pool comment was not. But the comments afterwards were, so both players, not teams, should be banned.
Glasse
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada1237 Posts
September 07 2010 20:30 GMT
#184
What catz did at first wasnt bm... I see this as you crying for your own mistake. Someone on your team acted stupid because they can't take a joke, deal with it.
viraltouch
Profile Joined July 2010
United States299 Posts
September 07 2010 20:47 GMT
#185
lets talk about players/guilds that matter. besides telling him what you would do isn't bm. its stupid, but its not bm.
-StrifeX-
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States529 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-07 21:20:35
September 07 2010 21:19 GMT
#186
On September 08 2010 05:30 Glasse wrote:
What catz did at first wasnt bm... I see this as you crying for your own mistake. Someone on your team acted stupid because they can't take a joke, deal with it.



I agree with this. Seems like a bunch of crying that isn't going to change anything. There are plenty of leagues, go play in another one.

Bringing this into a forum is useless imo.
Raelcun
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States3747 Posts
September 07 2010 21:26 GMT
#187
Why is this topic even still open for discussion? NRG got removed due to having a history while Root did not, even if they are disputing one of the previous bad manner events there is another documented one and they got told by an admin that they would be acted upon if they did BM again. He posted the chat log about it after the first offense and the admin citing the events with inflow as well. Even if you toss out the Inflow episode there was still the second one in which caused the admin chat log anyways.

Very cut and dry, one team has a history the other doesnt, one gets a ban one gets a warning. The one that got banned was even told not to let this happen again -.- To make things worse he starts the OP by saying oh wowowowowow favoritism cuz root is a big team and we're not but conveniently leaves out the part about being warned by the admin previously? Then when other people bring up didnt you BM other teams in the past it suddenly changes from favoritism to oh wowwww only one of the previous bm episodes was in their league. I mean seriously? Going to say yes you had previous episodes and only one of them should count? -.- Thats like going to trial for double murder and saying you're not guilty because you only killed one of the victims within their jurisdiction.

I agree with drewbie dumb thread.
teko
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada1197 Posts
September 07 2010 21:30 GMT
#188
On September 08 2010 06:26 iCCup.Raelcun wrote:
Very cut and dry, one team has a history the other doesnt, one gets a ban one gets a warning.


Seems fair enough.
sputnik.theory
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Poland449 Posts
September 07 2010 21:31 GMT
#189
shouldn't this be a post on the SGL site?
why is NRG trying to bring more of this bullshit into TL?
do we really want more 'drama'?
even though you could hardly call this drama... bullshit pretty much sums it up.
“On the night of the murder I was at home, asleep. The characters in my dream can vouch for me.”
TadH
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1846 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-07 21:32:14
September 07 2010 21:31 GMT
#190
On September 07 2010 12:45 NrG.NeverExpo wrote:
. . Inflow complained about our BM before even encountering us in the SGL. They merely did it to punish us, I guess from prior events..


I was not going to say anything in this thread, because I don't want to compound the drama here, but as Inflows leader I feel the need to step in after seeing you post several times that we"whined" about you etc and after getting two PM's from you ranting at me for no reason.

Not once did we complain about you to the SGL, the fact that you BM'd us in a "friendly" Clan War and called one of my players a scrub after loosing HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR DQ at least it shouldn't.

What bearing \should a non related clanwar have against you? None I would hope.

So kindly stop mentioning my teams name and trying to pull us into your mess, we have done nothing wrong.

Also stop PM'ing me, thanks

PS: The ban was not even necessary, you would have lost to us(ohhhhh more ddramaaaaaaa)

zekie
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada380 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-07 21:36:57
September 07 2010 21:36 GMT
#191
after reading the chat log definately seems like catz did much more BM

i say you make a poll for this ^^
Cirno
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada168 Posts
September 07 2010 21:40 GMT
#192
I think we all need to just hold hands and sing a song of love.
NrG.Cirno
NrG.NeverExpo
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2114 Posts
September 07 2010 21:43 GMT
#193
On September 08 2010 06:31 TadH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2010 12:45 NrG.NeverExpo wrote:
. . Inflow complained about our BM before even encountering us in the SGL. They merely did it to punish us, I guess from prior events..


I was not going to say anything in this thread, because I don't want to compound the drama here, but as Inflows leader I feel the need to step in after seeing you post several times that we"whined" about you etc and after getting two PM's from you ranting at me for no reason.

Not once did we complain about you to the SGL, the fact that you BM'd us in a "friendly" Clan War and called one of my players a scrub after loosing HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR DQ at least it shouldn't.

What bearing \should a non related clanwar have against you? None I would hope.

So kindly stop mentioning my teams name and trying to pull us into your mess, we have done nothing wrong.

Also stop PM'ing me, thanks

PS: The ban was not even necessary, you would have lost to us(ohhhhh more ddramaaaaaaa)


lol more lies, post the 2 PMs i sent u? :D I sent you 1 PM (it sent twice somehow) because i didnt wanna discuss it here. You posted something in another thread about NrG. being "sub-par" And i wanted to comment on it. I even apologized in the PM for bm, ill actually post it here:

"So What is your problem man?

1 of our players says something very stupid after masq wins, and you try to bash our reputation on here? I'm 100% aware that you went to SGL admins and whined to them, and I guess your plan worked because the admin was quite an idiot, and help boxxah's stupid comment in a friendly cw against him in SGL. I think it was more of an act to eliminate the competition on your part, rather than anything else. Were you really that hurt about his comment? Did it greatly effect your day? Stop being so sensitive. If you had a serious problem with us you could have come to me directly, im a very reasonable guy and I would have been more than happy to apologize on behalf of our team, because yea what he did was wrong, but you dont have to go to these measures to try to make us look bad Bad taste and class man, really."

You're right it did send twice, b ut it was the same PM. I didnt mean to "litter" your inbox

P.S.: Lets schedule a CW if u want :D
TwitteR: @NeverExpo follow me, i'll follow back :)
Domonkazu
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany29 Posts
September 07 2010 21:52 GMT
#194
if catZ really didnt intend to BM (or screw his opponent mental game) with that "Im going 7 pool", he wont be so offended when AhhBoxxah called him bm.

the fact that he responded real hard makes me believe he just as guilty as AhhBoxxah.

both team should be DQ or just a warning. Doesnt make any sense if only NrG get DQ.

Favouritism is disgusting.
Raelcun
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States3747 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-07 21:55:16
September 07 2010 21:53 GMT
#195
On September 08 2010 06:43 NrG.NeverExpo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2010 06:31 TadH wrote:
On September 07 2010 12:45 NrG.NeverExpo wrote:
. . Inflow complained about our BM before even encountering us in the SGL. They merely did it to punish us, I guess from prior events..


I was not going to say anything in this thread, because I don't want to compound the drama here, but as Inflows leader I feel the need to step in after seeing you post several times that we"whined" about you etc and after getting two PM's from you ranting at me for no reason.

Not once did we complain about you to the SGL, the fact that you BM'd us in a "friendly" Clan War and called one of my players a scrub after loosing HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR DQ at least it shouldn't.

What bearing \should a non related clanwar have against you? None I would hope.

So kindly stop mentioning my teams name and trying to pull us into your mess, we have done nothing wrong.

Also stop PM'ing me, thanks

PS: The ban was not even necessary, you would have lost to us(ohhhhh more ddramaaaaaaa)


lol more lies, post the 2 PMs i sent u? :D I sent you 1 PM (it sent twice somehow) because i didnt wanna discuss it here. You posted something in another thread about NrG. being "sub-par" And i wanted to comment on it. I even apologized in the PM for bm, ill actually post it here:

"So What is your problem man?

1 of our players says something very stupid after masq wins, and you try to bash our reputation on here? I'm 100% aware that you went to SGL admins and whined to them, and I guess your plan worked because the admin was quite an idiot, and help boxxah's stupid comment in a friendly cw against him in SGL. I think it was more of an act to eliminate the competition on your part, rather than anything else. Were you really that hurt about his comment? Did it greatly effect your day? Stop being so sensitive. If you had a serious problem with us you could have come to me directly, im a very reasonable guy and I would have been more than happy to apologize on behalf of our team, because yea what he did was wrong, but you dont have to go to these measures to try to make us look bad Bad taste and class man, really."

You're right it did send twice, b ut it was the same PM. I didnt mean to "litter" your inbox

P.S.: Lets schedule a CW if u want :D



Wait let me get this right in the OP you say that you're deeply sorry that the event vs root happened and that you're sure that both sides regret their actions. Then you turn aroudn and say that one of your players said something extremely stupid after losing to masq and then say "Were you really taht hurt about his comment? Did it greatly effect your day? Stop being so sensitive." and then said you would have been happy to apologize for your players?

So on one hand the incident that got you banned you're sorry for, but the previous one vs Inflow that you say doesn't matter you tell him to grow up and not let his feelings get hurt so easily but that you'd still apologize for it? Doesn't that invalidate the apology in the OP? Doesn't that kind of kill the entire point of this thread (even more?)

You sir need to get your story straight.

@Domon read the thread please before you respond -.- NRG has a history of BM in the SGL at least one instance so thats why one team gets a DQ and the other a warning. No favoritism involved.
SunDevil
Profile Joined March 2010
United States353 Posts
September 07 2010 21:59 GMT
#196
Let's get one thing straight here, like I posted before I was the point of contact between SGL and Inflow and I never "went to SGL admins and whined to them". After the leader of nG told me there was an issue with their match with NrG and there was a possibility of NrG being disqualified, I talked with the admin to see if that was the case. After a brief talk about the incident with nG, I believe I said something like "That's unfortanate because we had an incident before with them also." That is the total sum of our conversation about NrG. Never did I try to implicity or explicity get NrG banned or disqualified from the SGL, it was merely a statement of fact that I was hoping the incident Inflow had with NrG was an isolated incident and not reflective of the team itself. Trying to get NrG banned never even crossed my mind. He told me that NrG was not disqualified. That was it. There is no point to us being part of this discussion so please stop trying to drag Inflow into this as some sort of evil mastermind that tried to get you banned. You should be taking this up with the admins of the SGL, not trying to cast blame on a public forum. If you have an issue with my contact with the SGL admin, please take it up with me, not with the forum, or Tad, or anybody else.

We are not the bad guys here, and never were trying to be the bad guys.
Former IGN eSports StarCraft 2 Division Manager (Alex.IGN TL Account)
NrG.NeverExpo
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2114 Posts
September 07 2010 22:00 GMT
#197
I didn't say it wasn't wrong from our point, i said it wasn't a big deal. Sure I think people need to thicken their hide up a bit, but either way what we did was wrong. The even vs inflow is completely different than the one vs root, so dont compare them.

I can definitely apologize for the BM that happened towards inflow, it was 1 player and he spoke out of line. Do i think it was a big deal? no. But i can still apologize and feel bad for it
TwitteR: @NeverExpo follow me, i'll follow back :)
Cirno
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada168 Posts
September 07 2010 22:01 GMT
#198
I'm not good with words but I wish we could all just start putting this behind us now..

I have great respect for all of the teams involved in this thread and I don't want anything said in this thread to tarnish the name of NrG. This mainly started off not to pick on any team but to ask if what the admin did was right. But it now it seems like we're branching off and starting to pick on each other and that isnt right. We're all one big community and I don't want something like this to make us all hate each other.

I'm sure some of you are gonna read what I said and think I'm stupid but I just couldn't sit by and read these posts anymore I had to try and say something with my limited knowledge and vocabulary. =(

<3 all
NrG.Cirno
NrG.NeverExpo
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2114 Posts
September 07 2010 22:05 GMT
#199
You wanna know why i brought Inflow into this? Cuz i saw TadH attacking our reputation for no reason in a completely irrelevant thread.

"On September 07 2010 13:56 Empyrean wrote:
NrG is a really skilled clan, even back in the BW days. They had a consistent lineup of B and above players for clan leagues. It's no surprise that they're doing well in SC2 as well.

Sounded like you had a blast. I love reading these tournament write-ups.


Too bad their manners are sub par, they were removed from the SGL for repeated verbal abuse of other teams."

WTF is that? That was in a Blog about the LAN we just played in, and the OP was saying what a nice time he had with us. And you post that...Classy

TwitteR: @NeverExpo follow me, i'll follow back :)
Raelcun
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States3747 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-07 22:09:58
September 07 2010 22:07 GMT
#200
On September 08 2010 07:01 Cirno wrote:
I'm not good with words but I wish we could all just start putting this behind us now..

I have great respect for all of the teams involved in this thread and I don't want anything said in this thread to tarnish the name of NrG. This mainly started off not to pick on any team but to ask if what the admin did was right. But it now it seems like we're branching off and starting to pick on each other and that isnt right. We're all one big community and I don't want something like this to make us all hate each other.

I'm sure some of you are gonna read what I said and think I'm stupid but I just couldn't sit by and read these posts anymore I had to try and say something with my limited knowledge and vocabulary. =(

<3 all


The problem is if you wanted to know about what the SGL admin did was wrong you should be contacting SGL not airing this in public. This entire topic is stupid, NRG was warned for BM against another team in the SGL and then got banned after the event with Root. Root got warned after the event with NRG. As far as I can see the same process has been followed, plus the fact that it really isnt the place to be bringing it up. The whole OMG ADMIN FUCKD UP type of threads really shouldnt exist until after you've fully explored all routes with the SGL and even then in this circumstance theres no ground for NRG to stand on in filing a complaint.

Edit @ Never, so because he said something bad about you in public you bring their name up in public in a bad light? AFTER you got done telling him he should have PM'd you instead of going to an admin? Are you even listening to yourself right now?
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings84
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1847
GuemChi 1601
Artosis 690
910 58
Bale 19
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm155
League of Legends
Doublelift3550
Counter-Strike
taco 132
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox307
Other Games
summit1g7578
shahzam619
JimRising 535
C9.Mang0343
PiGStarcraft277
Maynarde138
CosmosSc2 35
Day[9].tv7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick918
BasetradeTV198
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream15
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 114
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP80
• davetesta24
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv7
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 51m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
9h 51m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
22h 51m
Patches Events
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.