• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:24
CEST 02:24
KST 09:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8511 users

Calling UC Starcraft Players! - Page 14

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 41 Next All
Crahptacular
Profile Joined December 2008
United States295 Posts
February 19 2009 22:04 GMT
#261
On February 18 2009 10:23 Centric wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2009 10:16 Crahptacular wrote:
I don't think this UC thing and the CSL need or should be exclusive of each other. I thought Cal was doing both anyway. Proximity time-zone wise just makes this more convenient; if there's enough people at the UC's to organize matches on their own, it doesn't hurt to do it. Though if the CSL grows and establishes a good infrastructure, I suggest any school who wants to have a competitive team join that, as having one large organization nation-wide is something the UCs obviously can't do on their own.

I see what you're saying, but I think the way Xeris wants to do it (and correct me if I'm wrong, Xeris) is something a lot close-knit with steady competition. Our relatively close proximity (and large number of players, compared to other universities, at least) makes us ideal to do that. From what I've seen of the CSL, matches don't come by very often, and I haven't seen any sort of official standing. Plus, Xeris, with his experience with BWUSA, is in a unique position to make this a real success, as long as people are willing and able to commit to this.

Sorry if I spoke for you Xeris. Hopefully I'm on the right track.

BTW for the record I never intended to say that CSL should take precedence over UCPL or that the UCPL would phase out or anything like that; just that the players (or entire teams) participating in one should be free to participate in both simultaneously if they want to. I just wanted to point out that there were advantages to both leagues, and that they shouldn't be competing with each other over players.
Centric
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1989 Posts
February 20 2009 00:15 GMT
#262
On February 20 2009 07:04 Crahptacular wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2009 10:23 Centric wrote:
On February 18 2009 10:16 Crahptacular wrote:
I don't think this UC thing and the CSL need or should be exclusive of each other. I thought Cal was doing both anyway. Proximity time-zone wise just makes this more convenient; if there's enough people at the UC's to organize matches on their own, it doesn't hurt to do it. Though if the CSL grows and establishes a good infrastructure, I suggest any school who wants to have a competitive team join that, as having one large organization nation-wide is something the UCs obviously can't do on their own.

I see what you're saying, but I think the way Xeris wants to do it (and correct me if I'm wrong, Xeris) is something a lot close-knit with steady competition. Our relatively close proximity (and large number of players, compared to other universities, at least) makes us ideal to do that. From what I've seen of the CSL, matches don't come by very often, and I haven't seen any sort of official standing. Plus, Xeris, with his experience with BWUSA, is in a unique position to make this a real success, as long as people are willing and able to commit to this.

Sorry if I spoke for you Xeris. Hopefully I'm on the right track.

BTW for the record I never intended to say that CSL should take precedence over UCPL or that the UCPL would phase out or anything like that; just that the players (or entire teams) participating in one should be free to participate in both simultaneously if they want to. I just wanted to point out that there were advantages to both leagues, and that they shouldn't be competing with each other over players.

Ah...I should've read more carefully. I agree...there are advantages to both, and teams should be able to compete in both if they choose to do so.
Super serious.
blabber
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4448 Posts
February 20 2009 00:29 GMT
#263
On February 20 2009 07:04 Crahptacular wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2009 10:23 Centric wrote:
On February 18 2009 10:16 Crahptacular wrote:
I don't think this UC thing and the CSL need or should be exclusive of each other. I thought Cal was doing both anyway. Proximity time-zone wise just makes this more convenient; if there's enough people at the UC's to organize matches on their own, it doesn't hurt to do it. Though if the CSL grows and establishes a good infrastructure, I suggest any school who wants to have a competitive team join that, as having one large organization nation-wide is something the UCs obviously can't do on their own.

I see what you're saying, but I think the way Xeris wants to do it (and correct me if I'm wrong, Xeris) is something a lot close-knit with steady competition. Our relatively close proximity (and large number of players, compared to other universities, at least) makes us ideal to do that. From what I've seen of the CSL, matches don't come by very often, and I haven't seen any sort of official standing. Plus, Xeris, with his experience with BWUSA, is in a unique position to make this a real success, as long as people are willing and able to commit to this.

Sorry if I spoke for you Xeris. Hopefully I'm on the right track.

BTW for the record I never intended to say that CSL should take precedence over UCPL or that the UCPL would phase out or anything like that; just that the players (or entire teams) participating in one should be free to participate in both simultaneously if they want to. I just wanted to point out that there were advantages to both leagues, and that they shouldn't be competing with each other over players.

I was never under the impression that we weren't able to be in both
blabberrrrr
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
February 20 2009 00:37 GMT
#264
who ever said you HAVE to choose one? Lol =P

hell you can play in whatever you want , play in 3459034809 clan leagues if you got the time and motivation to do it, why not?
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
February 20 2009 00:40 GMT
#265
Agree with xeris- I had to drop out of the city league for IRL stuff :/
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
CrimsonSnow
Profile Joined February 2009
United States1 Post
February 20 2009 00:53 GMT
#266
UC davis here =o it would be cool, we already have wii and xbox tournaments here every now and then so starcraft wouldn't be too far fetched
welcome to /b/
Crahptacular
Profile Joined December 2008
United States295 Posts
February 20 2009 00:55 GMT
#267
Nobody said you couldn't be in both, there was just discussion earlier about the subject:

On February 09 2009 11:02 thunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2009 13:18 blabber wrote:
do you guys just wanna join the CSL...? kinda dumb to have two separate leagues going


I think CSL is going to be all colleges (basically whoever can get a team together) while the UC thing is going to be all the UCs. Whether or not the UC system is 12 schools or 1 school is up to debate in all sorts of fields so it's probably going to be controversial as well here. But based on the fact that the UCs are pretty united geographically (important from a time zone perspective) as well as culturally it's probably smart of isolate the UCs because they can run a league all to them selves.

I'm surprised that Sunday nights was chosen. I would have thought that everyone has hw to do.



The part saying "kinda dumb to have two separate leagues," and "it's probably going to be contraversial [to have UCs join the CSL]," and "it's probably smart of [to] isolate the UCs" brought up the topic of whether or not they were going to be separate, and whether they were going to be mutually exclusive.

Anyhow, I think it's already agreed that the two things can happen on their own, side-by-side, and I only posted my last comment to clarify a misunderstanding, not to re-open the topic for discussion.
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
February 20 2009 02:15 GMT
#268
roger that~

still waiting for rosters and such!
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
blabber
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4448 Posts
February 20 2009 03:58 GMT
#269
UCI should have its roster by weekend's end. Sorry for the delay
blabberrrrr
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
February 20 2009 04:12 GMT
#270
it's ok !
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
blabber
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4448 Posts
February 20 2009 04:14 GMT
#271
question:... what's the map order?
blabberrrrr
PH
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6173 Posts
February 20 2009 06:06 GMT
#272
Sorry about the rosters...I'm waiting to get the IDs for like half of my players.
Hello
CommanderFluffy
Profile Joined June 2008
Taiwan1059 Posts
February 20 2009 06:27 GMT
#273
Any other UCLA stragglers please PM me or Centric.
Hurry hurry!
Pain is temporary, but glory is forever.
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
February 20 2009 06:50 GMT
#274
still waiting for suggestions on the map pool, I don't follow Korean scene so I don't know the current maps
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
CommanderFluffy
Profile Joined June 2008
Taiwan1059 Posts
February 20 2009 07:19 GMT
#275
thats ok i'm sure a lot of us are in the same boat xeris
Pain is temporary, but glory is forever.
lIlIlIlIlIlI
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Korea (South)3851 Posts
February 20 2009 09:25 GMT
#276
--- Nuked ---
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
February 20 2009 09:41 GMT
#277
there aren't enough teams to have divisions =p
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-20 10:02:44
February 20 2009 09:44 GMT
#278
Neo Harmony
Medusa
Destination
Rush Hour 3
Colloseum
Andromeda
Python
Blue Storm
---

I just went through the [WL] posts in Tourney forum and pulled this map pool together. Everyone cool with these maps?
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
medic27
Profile Joined January 2009
United States135 Posts
February 20 2009 09:49 GMT
#279
How are players matched up against each other and how are the maps chosen for the matches?
Centric
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1989 Posts
February 20 2009 09:50 GMT
#280
On February 20 2009 18:44 Xeris wrote:
Neo Harmony
Medusa
Destination
Rush Hour 3
Colloseum
Andromeda
Chupung-ryeong
Tau

---

I just went through the [WL] posts in Tourney forum and pulled this map pool together. Everyone cool with these maps?

Do we have to use the most recent WL maps?
Super serious.
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 41 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings59
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta28
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech155
ViBE151
Nina 146
SpeCial 87
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13784
Artosis 627
PianO 34
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm180
canceldota131
League of Legends
Doublelift3718
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1713
minikerr11
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe106
Other Games
summit1g7485
shahzam618
Day[9].tv568
C9.Mang0405
Trikslyr104
Maynarde99
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV197
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 42
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv568
Upcoming Events
OSC
22h 36m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 9h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 16h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 18h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.