• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:02
CEST 06:02
KST 13:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8457 users

Your SC2 blunders and bloopers

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Kerrdezzy
Profile Joined June 2010
United States50 Posts
July 04 2010 05:22 GMT
#1
I thought it'd be kinda funny to hear some of your guys' silly blunders in beta.

One of mine was on Metaopolis and I was playing terran, my opponent also being terran. I assaulted his natural and I had all my unit producing building's way points set at his natural to keep up the aggression, while, naturally, producing SCV's. After taking out my adversary's natural I was held up outside his base. Keep in mind this was a good 2 minute battle before I succeeded. I noticed my mineral income was horrendous for the time that had passed and how many SCV's I should have had mining. I then noticed 2-3 SCV's running up my opponent's ramp and getting obliterated, also realizing I had set my CC way point to his base. Idk, in-game i found it hilarious but now that i read this, its not as silly as I thought, hehe.

So, can any one top me? Lets hear em ^_^
My life for Shakuras
EliteAzn
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States661 Posts
July 04 2010 05:25 GMT
#2
On July 04 2010 14:22 Kerrdezzy wrote:
I thought it'd be kinda funny to hear some of your guys' silly blunders in beta.

One of mine was on Metaopolis and I was playing terran, my opponent also being terran. I assaulted his natural and I had all my unit producing building's way points set at his natural to keep up the aggression, while, naturally, producing SCV's. After taking out my adversary's natural I was held up outside his base. Keep in mind this was a good 2 minute battle before I succeeded. I noticed my mineral income was horrendous for the time that had passed and how many SCV's I should have had mining. I then noticed 2-3 SCV's running up my opponent's ramp and getting obliterated, also realizing I had set my CC way point to his base. Idk, in-game i found it hilarious but now that i read this, its not as silly as I thought, hehe.

So, can any one top me? Lets hear em ^_^


That has also happened to me...playing 1v1s and accidentally sending my workers to the other base. I blame the fact that I'm a zerg player and there are two rallying points...so many wasted workers = so many wasted minerals.

Another one was that I went mass void rays for the hell of it on 2v2 twilight council (while my partner did nothing). Anyways long story short, my 20 vrays met 50 hydras at the opponent's base. I'm pretty sure you know who won...
(╯`Д´)╯︵ ┻━┻ High Five! _o /\ o_
Nightmarjoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3360 Posts
July 04 2010 05:26 GMT
#3
One thing I kept doing was making a reactor when I wanted a tech lab and vice versa. The shortkeys are right next to eachother, x and c =/
aka Lyra; My favourites: July, Stork, Draco, MistrZZZ, TheStc, LastShadow - www.broodwarmaps.net - for all your mapping needs; check my stream: high masters mech terran: twitch.tv/lyrathegreat
EliteAzn
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States661 Posts
July 04 2010 05:27 GMT
#4
Oh and I forgot...made a planetary fortress and expected it to liftoff....yeah big oops...
(╯`Д´)╯︵ ┻━┻ High Five! _o /\ o_
FabledIntegral
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States9232 Posts
July 04 2010 05:27 GMT
#5
I tend to forget if I built my first overlord or not and accidently build 2, a lot. Cancelling the second one always fucks my larvae count up .
lyk503
Profile Joined May 2009
United States261 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-04 05:30:44
July 04 2010 05:27 GMT
#6
I was playing on my friend's copper account (I'm a diamond player), and it was blistering sands. The match up was TvT. Right after the game started, I lifted my CC and sent it over to his natural. After it landed, I finally made my first SCV and started mining. I had built 1 rax, 1 fact, and did a push with marines and two tanks (LOL @ him not leaving his base at all.)

By the time I was pushing, I tried to go up his narrow ramp, but noticed that he was about to push at the same time. Noticing the similar numbers, I happily pushed and thought I was going to win the fight.

But I forgot to research Siege.

In the end, I lost the game (narrowly), but I cursed at myself because that would have been an EPIC win with the siege.

EDIT: the reason I lost the game was because once he won the initial fight, he had one tank (looow hp) and like two marines left. He had siege, and plopped his tank and started owning me. Remember, I was at his natural so it's pretty damn easy to get me like that.
z0mgz starcraft
Chaoz
Profile Joined March 2010
United States507 Posts
July 04 2010 05:28 GMT
#7
I killed my ally's dropships full of tanks and units. I was wondering they the nearby units weren't attacking me...
theburricane
Profile Joined April 2010
United States65 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-04 05:29:04
July 04 2010 05:28 GMT
#8
At one point I thought it would be fun to mess around in the build order tester and try to get some ghosts for some 1 basing antics. Did a pretty standard opening, 10 depot 12 rax 13 gas adding raxes at necessary. When I got to 150 gas I was like "oh great, now I can throw down my Ghost Academy! Woah, why do I have so much gas left over? Doesn't it cost 150 gas?"

"NO," I thought, "it must only cost 100 gas!!!" -_-

Now I can barely stand to make ghosts because every time I'm reminded of those weeks I spent thinking it cost 100 gas.
There's a pie cooling on the windowsill. Make nice with him and the PIE IS MINE.
goswser
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3548 Posts
July 04 2010 05:29 GMT
#9
I've accidentally built my tech labs and reactors in positioning so that neither of them can have buildings attached to them by accident
say you were born into a jungle indian tribe where food was scarce...would you run around from teepee to teepee stealing meat scraps after a day lazying around doing nothing except warming urself by a fire that you didn't even make yourself? -rekrul
Chronopolis
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada1484 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-04 05:30:53
July 04 2010 05:29 GMT
#10
I scouted a 6 rax reaper on metalopolis as Protoss and proceeded to forget my second pylon. Noticed it ~ 5-10 seconds after, then sent a probe to build it with what i thought was a que command back to the minerals, and then went back to my scouting probe in his base. It wasn't a que command. Yikes.
alphafuzard
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1610 Posts
July 04 2010 05:38 GMT
#11
playing zerg, scouted banshees, and thought overlords still revealed invis units
met a nasty surprise
more weight
Skee
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada702 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-04 05:39:56
July 04 2010 05:39 GMT
#12
Well, I hit P for probe and pylon for like 2 weeks of beta, and I was hotkeying my nexus to 0
cheeseztoe
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada25 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-04 05:43:53
July 04 2010 05:41 GMT
#13
After a long week of finishing my exams, getting barely no sleep at all, I finally get the time to relax and play some SC2. I decided to play a 1V1 match as random, and when the match started I spammed 'S' and 'D' like I usually do to make drones, but nothing. I go on for about 2 minutes confused and explaining to my opponent how my game is glitched. It took me a while to realize that I was protoss and taking it as a sign I GG'd and went to bed early.
Starcraft 2 IGN: Gecko
ZenDeX
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Philippines2916 Posts
July 04 2010 05:47 GMT
#14
Each time I play Protoss, I forget to research Psi Storm.
h2t
Profile Joined April 2010
United States4 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-04 05:49:43
July 04 2010 05:47 GMT
#15
I got nydus wormed in my main...killed off the rush and went to counter...but forgot to kill the nydus network. So he just sent another wave and killed all my probes and nexus...I nerd raged and quit. :/
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
July 04 2010 05:58 GMT
#16
I switched from Protoss to Random and for awhile I had a tendency to scan my mineral line rather than MULE it (mixing up hot keys)
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
Valatus
Profile Joined May 2010
United States9 Posts
July 04 2010 06:02 GMT
#17
TvT on metalopolis. Guy did a drop behind the smoke with 2 med vacs and some rine/rauders. I got caught a little outta position as I just moved out to secure my expo. A little while later, I pushed out all the way to his base and then saw two med vacs in my base and gg'd. Turned out they were empty and just forgotten about from the first drop =\
If a cluttered desk is that sign of a cluttered mind, then what does an empty desk mean? -Albert Einstein
KillerPlague
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1386 Posts
July 04 2010 06:06 GMT
#18
i base traded with a terran who barely managed to escape with one rax lifted in the corner. i had probes spread out all over the map along with 8 in a warp prism, but neglected to make another building while chasing his barracks..sigh. i think the supply count was like 80 to 15 in my favor too haha
Side 1: Why no dominant players with 90% win ratio Side 2: Nerf Side 1
AnodyneSea
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Jamaica757 Posts
July 04 2010 06:08 GMT
#19
I've rallied my workers to gas during mid game and didnt find it for awhile -_-
Lost within the hope of freedom, not for control but in the light of our cause
divinesage
Profile Joined April 2010
Singapore649 Posts
July 04 2010 06:10 GMT
#20
I assumed for the longest amount of time that Cyber Core still required 200 minerals. I was always puzzled to find out why I had so much spare minerals even after plopping down the Core.
1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 31
Nina 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2384
Shinee 55
NotJumperer 17
Noble 8
Dota 2
monkeys_forever881
NeuroSwarm191
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft423
Other Games
summit1g7224
Coldzera 747
JimRising 672
C9.Mang0372
PiGStarcraft267
ArmadaUGS41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1000
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream327
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo1028
• Rush947
• Stunt180
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 58m
Afreeca Starleague
5h 58m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
19h 58m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.