• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:22
CEST 09:22
KST 16:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7947 users

Your SC2 blunders and bloopers - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
SiNiquity
Profile Joined April 2010
United States734 Posts
July 06 2010 03:12 GMT
#121
On July 06 2010 11:54 Ryuu314 wrote:
Biggest blunder? I must've spent at least the first two weeks of beta thinking that the cybernetics core costs 200 minerals...and getting away with it :D

OMG yes, and assimilator / refinery was 100. Oh man...
'i' before 'e' except after 'c' ~ it's scientifically proven.
terranghost
Profile Joined May 2010
United States980 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-06 03:56:39
July 06 2010 03:52 GMT
#122
Walling in on the southern base of blisstering sands depo depo starport with tech lab. unfortunately the positioning of the lab meant my factory units could not get out of my base and if I had any production facility attached to the lab then they couldnt get around it to go over the depos either. Ended up having to kill my own lab.

On July 04 2010 14:58 Falling wrote:
I switched from Protoss to Random and for awhile I had a tendency to scan my mineral line rather than MULE it (mixing up hot keys)

I always though it would be amusing to see someone do this. In some big tournament and listen to husky get confused as to why a terran player scanned his mineral line

On July 04 2010 15:55 vertigo5 wrote:
DT in mineral line!

45 Com energy...46..47..48..49..goddamn hurry up!...50..

MULE!

::facepalm::


Now that is funny (has done it too except with supply drop)
"It is amazing that people who think we cannot afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, and medication somehow think that we can afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, medication and a government bureaucracy to administer it." - Thomas Sowell
Rinrun
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada3509 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-06 04:01:23
July 06 2010 03:59 GMT
#123
Well my biggest blunder would be just throwing my MM army into a bunch of zealots on a ramp, basically throwing the game when I had the advantage (early game mis-micro hurts).
(Nothing too extreme... yet)
MBC/Liquid/TSM always.
grevenchile
Profile Joined November 2009
Chile118 Posts
July 06 2010 04:04 GMT
#124
i had a lot of zerglings and my opponent attacked my third base so i clicked all my lings and press A in the minimap. i killed all my opponents units and my hatchery
BigDatez
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada434 Posts
July 06 2010 04:07 GMT
#125
Ohh wow. 2 of them here.
One time in a show match, i did an early baneling rush in ZvZ, and had a baneling ina group of 5 HP drones.. now instead of hitting X to blow it up instantly (as they were about to get off the creep) i hit S, and made him stop. i QQed in game as i ended up losing after that..

Also another (less notable) match was a practice match against one of my team-mates, where i had my roaches burrow moving under the P's HT section of the army, and i THOUGH i had my roaches selected, so i hit R to unburrow (little did i know i had my hydras/infestors from behind the bush selected) So then i continue on to quickly select my roaches and unburrow, then i re select my hydra/infestor army (NOT KNOWING they were burrowed) to move in... and nothing. People spectating were all laughing =P it ended up costing me the game when i could have EASILY won.
Video games > sex (Proven fact)
terranghost
Profile Joined May 2010
United States980 Posts
July 06 2010 04:09 GMT
#126
Also who has played terran and loaded some of there original scv's into the cc
"It is amazing that people who think we cannot afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, and medication somehow think that we can afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, medication and a government bureaucracy to administer it." - Thomas Sowell
Kerrdezzy
Profile Joined June 2010
United States50 Posts
July 06 2010 04:31 GMT
#127
21 more days....
My life for Shakuras
retro-noob
Profile Joined June 2010
110 Posts
July 06 2010 04:39 GMT
#128
On July 04 2010 16:53 Teogamer wrote:
On one of my first protoss matches it was a PvP on kulas. I went gateway into an expansion after winning an early battle. I thought I had the game won since he hadn't expanded yet. I decide to attack his base and at the same time he sends void rays out to kill mine. It becomes a base race and I'm like, "im gonna win, ill just spend all my money on buildings at my nat." Well we killed each others' mains at about the same time, but he had a probe dropping pylons around the map, meanwhile I have a bunch of probes but no money to make any pylons... Ended up losing with the slower ground army...

I believe that was the last match I played as protoss.


Hey, I think that was me!
Skullflower
Profile Joined July 2010
United States3779 Posts
July 06 2010 05:44 GMT
#129
Accidentally building reactors instead of tech labs was my most common mistake. Never really did get the T hotkeys down too good :/
The ruminations are mine, let the world be yours.
SarcasticOne
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia213 Posts
July 06 2010 06:53 GMT
#130
my favourites,
trying to do a proxy rax rush as a terran, send SCV's to minerals, then send one to opponent's base (1v1 match) get SCV into position, why do i only have 30/36 minerals? turns out i sent my 5 other starting SCV's to a spot BEHIND minerals...

GG'ing to canon rushes when he has nothing in his base, and i could have sent my 3-4 marines over there, plus 6-7 SCV's and won (after losing to this 4 times, have learnt!)

good old planetary fortress not lifting is always good...
xxjondxx
Profile Joined February 2010
United States89 Posts
July 06 2010 07:00 GMT
#131
for the first week of beta I thought you needed a templar archives to build a dark shrine
gdroxor
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States639 Posts
July 06 2010 07:25 GMT
#132
My biggest blunder?

Having a game 100% in the bag PvP on desert oasis. Main and natural of my opponent was destroyed. I had a 200/200 ground army from warp gates and robos. While I searched for hidden expansions, it never occured to me that he could be on one of the island expos. He takes a warp prism and 4 probes, rebuilds in about 5 minutes because he was stockpiling resources. By the time I figured out what he was doing, I got a few void rays out, but he completely kills me with an army of 20+ void rays and a mothership.

I felt like this after the match --> =/
Champi
Profile Joined March 2010
1422 Posts
July 06 2010 07:46 GMT
#133
I proxy 2 gated beneath the opponents natural mineral line on blistering sands and hilariously poor pylon placements accidentally trapped 3 zealots, costing me the game lol
GhOsT.osd
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden16 Posts
July 06 2010 08:08 GMT
#134
My funniest blunder was in a ZvT, im playing zerg, its going quite well I macro and defend for a while, and get hydras up. Suddenly 5 hellions roll into my base going for the mineral line, I see this and a move my hydras to the mineral line or so I thought, because of the "3d effect" i clicked on my hive, the hive goes down, and im like, wth how did those hellions get it down so fast. I proceed to kill of the hellions and move to his base, when he ggs out. So I check the replay and notice my mistake. And think to myself, hmm maybe my opponent saw that, and thought I was totaly crazy and just said, this guys nuts im out of here, he even kills his own Hives, hes gotta be psycho =)
Dakk
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden572 Posts
July 06 2010 08:17 GMT
#135
Well, i guess everyone has those moments when they panic or simply give up I remember that it used to happend to me alot that when the enemies had annihilated all of your units exept your woorkers, i would attempt a rambo thing and kill them with my measly 12 woorkers instead of trying to sneak one out and restart ..

It happened me once where i accidently flew my command center over an un-touched enemie base.. We had shared until control , and i dont know why he did it, but he set my CC to get to the far "island-base" in the Enemies side on 4v4.
I will not fear, Fear is the mindkiller. Fear is the little death.
ZomgTossRush
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1041 Posts
July 06 2010 08:27 GMT
#136
I know for like 3-4 games in a row i kept letting out scouting probes/drones/scvs with my supply depot lowering. I don't know why.
Coaching for 1v1 and Team games at Gosucoaching.com
Me0w
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden52 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-06 08:42:18
July 06 2010 08:41 GMT
#137
I guess I was not the only one who didn't check the overlords twice in the beginning. Needless to say I raged when, no matter how many overlords I brought, I could still not see that damn banshee blasting away at my workers.
NeoLearner
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Belgium1847 Posts
July 06 2010 08:45 GMT
#138
I was macroing up hydra/roach reinforcements to my natural while attacking his expansion. I loose my attacking army and he comes over to counter-attack my natural.
I'm all:" Aha, that's not going to work, I didn't forget my macro while attacking and by now I have a bigger force than you!". Few seconds later he levels my natural and I'm left wondering where my units are at. Seems my evo chambers, hydra den and roach warren had made a nice wall-in...

And I was thinking I was all baller for doing a tight SIM city...
Bankai - Correlation does not imply causation
DarQraven
Profile Joined January 2010
Netherlands553 Posts
July 06 2010 10:36 GMT
#139
On July 06 2010 12:12 SiNiquity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 06 2010 11:54 Ryuu314 wrote:
Biggest blunder? I must've spent at least the first two weeks of beta thinking that the cybernetics core costs 200 minerals...and getting away with it :D

OMG yes, and assimilator / refinery was 100. Oh man...


Same, same. That mistake prompted me to actually read all the unit/building stats thoroughly.

The worst I encountered was during one my countless placement matches. Incineration zone, PvZ.
Knowing that most matches at that level would involve rushes/cheese of some sort, I prepared for an 8 pool or backdoor bust - by accidentally completely walling off my ramp.

The best part: I had forgot to set my rally point, so the Zealot I built spawned on the wrong side of the Gateway+Pylon.
From there on, it was a matter of watching 4 lone zerglings eating away at my gateway and pylon without me being able to attack at all.

Once Z saw that, it was a matter of spawning buttloads of zerglings. It was a very short match.
Wonderballs
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada253 Posts
July 06 2010 10:44 GMT
#140
On July 04 2010 14:29 Chronopolis wrote:
I scouted a 6 rax reaper on metalopolis as Protoss and proceeded to forget my second pylon. Noticed it ~ 5-10 seconds after, then sent a probe to build it with what i thought was a que command back to the minerals, and then went back to my scouting probe in his base. It wasn't a que command. Yikes.


It would have been better if you queued the pylon in his base by mistake.... lol


Personally, I have never made a mistake, ever in any game.
I thought Jesus would come back before Starcraft 2.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 38m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 165
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 641
HiyA 189
Mong 67
Shine 44
NotJumperer 35
Bale 28
Noble 10
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm188
League of Legends
JimRising 577
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 833
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft778
Other Games
summit1g9118
ceh9399
Happy366
PiGStarcraft355
olofmeister237
Livibee121
ArmadaUGS32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick547
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream530
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH133
• LUISG 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2387
League of Legends
• Lourlo1393
• Rush1393
• Stunt454
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 38m
Afreeca Starleague
2h 38m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
16h 38m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 3h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.