• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:37
CEST 21:37
KST 04:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9958 users

Your SC2 blunders and bloopers - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
July 04 2010 17:21 GMT
#101
S key on hatch means select larva, S key with workers selected means stop mining and sit there like a rock.

It is important not to mix these up, or else you will notice a horrendous drop in minerals per minute.



Haha! Explanation of how this happens to me--

I spam boxes over mining drones, and use hotkeys to select to my hatchery when I have 50 minerals. Then I proceed to hit "s" then "d" to make a drone.

Very often I misclick my hatchery and I press "s" to make a unit from my larvae, but instead stop all my drones from mining. Then I do the 3-3 split all over again.
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
SiNiquity
Profile Joined April 2010
United States734 Posts
July 04 2010 17:26 GMT
#102
When I first got my beta key about halfway through (during the Gamestop offer), I signed up for the Novice league because I hadn't played an RTS since ROC came out. Well I went to scout with an SCV when I couldn't find my way out of my base (Kulas Ravine). Having watched a few VODs, I knew where the entrance was roughly supposed to be, but my little SCV couldn't find his way out. I tried clicking all over the minimap but he kept running into the edges of the base.

Then I realized there were destructible rocks at the entrance.
'i' before 'e' except after 'c' ~ it's scientifically proven.
XFire
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States131 Posts
July 04 2010 17:27 GMT
#103
I always forget to make queens entirely because I'm so used to SC1 macro. In fact, the first few games I was plopping down extra hatcheries just like SC1 and not building queens at all lol.
StrinterN
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark531 Posts
July 04 2010 17:37 GMT
#104
On July 04 2010 15 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              04 2010 15      end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              04 2010 15      end_of_the_skype_highlighting:55 vertigo5 wrote:
DT in mineral line!

45 Com energy...46..47..48..49..goddamn hurry up!...50..

MULE!

::facepalm::

ohhh man :D
Twitter: @Strintern Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/strintern
StrinterN
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark531 Posts
July 04 2010 17:39 GMT
#105
On July 04 2010 16 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              04 2010 16      end_of_the_skype_highlighting:21 vT.sOel wrote:
am I the only that finds it hilarious that everyone has started saying "blunder" to describe any mistake ever since they heard day[9] say that, and then HD and husky copy him?

Nope, not at all
Twitter: @Strintern Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/strintern
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
July 04 2010 17:50 GMT
#106
On July 05 2010 00:44 TaaiJoeng wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2010 14:27 FabledIntegral wrote:
I tend to forget if I built my first overlord or not and accidently build 2, a lot. Cancelling the second one always fucks my larvae count up .


I can't even comprehend how that could possibly happen. o.o


I do that a lot while I'm overpooling, because right after I build an overlord I start saving up again, and if I get distracted for any reason before I get to 100 minerals, I can easily forget what I'm saving for and just assume it was an overlord and make one of those instead. I'm curious as to what it's best to do in this situation, take the larva loss, or early 2nd overlord?
Blast
Profile Joined May 2010
26 Posts
July 04 2010 18:01 GMT
#107
On July 04 2010 14:27 EliteAzn wrote:
Oh and I forgot...made a planetary fortress and expected it to liftoff....yeah big oops...



This a lot...turns our a planetary fortress in the back of your main is not all that useful...

The worst thing though had to be when I was playing a 2v2 with my friend and went for a quick banshee on twilight fortress. We got hit by the typical zergling zealot rush and I went to check on my banshee which I felt would save us, only to find it not even building.

Turns out banshees are 3 supply and not 2 like i thought. To this day whenever I or that friend make a stupid mistake playing together we shout "3 supply" haha.
SiNiquity
Profile Joined April 2010
United States734 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-04 18:29:54
July 04 2010 18:29 GMT
#108
Oh also, did not hear the nuclear warning message in a hectic 4v4 game. Ooops.

They really should fix that, so Nydus worms / Nukes take priority over "Your allies are under attack" or other lesser priority messages [if they haven't already]
'i' before 'e' except after 'c' ~ it's scientifically proven.
MaxField
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2386 Posts
July 04 2010 18:31 GMT
#109
I assumed for the longest amount of time that Cyber Core still required 200 minerals. I was always puzzled to find out why I had so much spare minerals even after plopping down the Core.


i am sad to say that i did not find out the cyber core didn't cost 200 minerals until after the beta went down. hehe
"Zerg, so bad it loses to hydras" IdrA.
Bio
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada185 Posts
July 04 2010 18:37 GMT
#110
I always find myself researching tunnelling claws for roaches. One game, just in the nick of time to defend against a terran mech army (mostly tanks, which is why i got it in the first place) to realise that I hadn't researched burrow yet.
"Oh no, he has run out of..... base!"
shawster
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada2485 Posts
July 04 2010 18:43 GMT
#111
i always forget to upgrade in general, like +1 attack etc.

i can't macro as terran/protoss to save my life lol

oh and producing 200/200 hydras vs collosus...
n3mo
Profile Joined May 2010
United States298 Posts
July 04 2010 18:44 GMT
#112
i beat off a guy's all-in rush, he gg-ed...didn't leave. me being stupid, stopped playing and waited for him to leave. he comes back with a ton of zealots and i lose. bad manner on his part, but also dumb as hell on mine.
My hatred for [banelings] is way greater than my compassion
Cofo
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1388 Posts
July 04 2010 19:12 GMT
#113
I too suffer from accidentally stopping my mining workers when hitting "S" for SCV or larva.

Another one I seem to do far too often is using warp prisms. I go to pylon mode and start warping in some units and then fly away before they're done, which cancels them.
+ Show Spoiler +
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
July 04 2010 19:15 GMT
#114
I was 10 gate forge FE on scrap and had most of my attention focused on enemy base for micro, macroing just with hotkeys. After about 2 minutes I was wondering why my income seemed so low -- I was pretty sure I should be expanding soon (only did the build 1-2 times), but I barely could keep up with zealot production.

Turns out I had rallied my nexus to one of my mining probes, so I had about 10 probes on follow, which meant that idle probe icon I kept checking for had never shown up because they were all following the mining probe.

._.

Pretty sure I lost that game.
twitch.tv/cratonz
Bommes
Profile Joined June 2010
Germany1226 Posts
July 04 2010 19:56 GMT
#115
On July 04 2010 15:55 vertigo5 wrote:
DT in mineral line!

45 Com energy...46..47..48..49..goddamn hurry up!...50..

MULE!

::facepalm::


lol, I do this like every time
its a goddamn instinct!
theDragoon
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada307 Posts
July 06 2010 02:33 GMT
#116
On July 04 2010 15:10 divinesage wrote:
I assumed for the longest amount of time that Cyber Core still required 200 minerals. I was always puzzled to find out why I had so much spare minerals even after plopping down the Core.

LOL me too! and i thought extractors were 50 and assimilator/refinery were 100 mins each.
I used to press P for probe and pylon, O for overlords and M for marines and mutas.

On my first week of beta i heard of planetary fortress rush so I decided to try it without watching any videos or read up on build orders. I built the fortress in my base thinking I could lift it into my opponent's base.
Zerksys
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States569 Posts
July 06 2010 02:38 GMT
#117
Someone should start a sc2 blooper replay thread. Anyways my biggest blooper was when I was slightly tipsy. I microed my mutas into his main and picked off all his marines. Instead of picking off his SCVs I saw 2 missile turrets and decided that I needed to take out those turrets.
What's that probe doing there? It's a scout. You mean one of those flying planes? No....
Euphemism
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada57 Posts
July 06 2010 02:52 GMT
#118
When dabbling in FFA with friends and pretty much playing terran for the first time, made some banshees thinking they were like wraiths.

What do you mean, Banshees don't hit air?
perfectflaw72
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada94 Posts
July 06 2010 02:53 GMT
#119
On July 04 2010 14:28 theburricane wrote:
At one point I thought it would be fun to mess around in the build order tester and try to get some ghosts for some 1 basing antics. Did a pretty standard opening, 10 depot 12 rax 13 gas adding raxes at necessary. When I got to 150 gas I was like "oh great, now I can throw down my Ghost Academy! Woah, why do I have so much gas left over? Doesn't it cost 150 gas?"

"NO," I thought, "it must only cost 100 gas!!!" -_-

Now I can barely stand to make ghosts because every time I'm reminded of those weeks I spent thinking it cost 100 gas.

WHAT?? THE F????
B.net is down :( but Summers UP :D
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
July 06 2010 02:54 GMT
#120
Biggest blunder? I must've spent at least the first two weeks of beta thinking that the cybernetics core costs 200 minerals...and getting away with it :D
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 524
UpATreeSC 107
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 994
Dewaltoss 114
firebathero 83
Zeus 68
Trap 40
910 40
Bale 27
ToSsGirL 21
NaDa 20
JYJ 16
[ Show more ]
Shine 14
Dota 2
Gorgc6294
420jenkins229
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1389
edward200
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS142
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu2016
Other Games
summit1g5051
Grubby3011
Beastyqt693
B2W.Neo613
byalli403
shahzam283
C9.Mang0155
KnowMe155
TKL 140
Railgan15
Chillindude10
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV266
BasetradeTV261
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream126
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 7
• Adnapsc2 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki35
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur351
• WagamamaTV273
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 23m
Kung Fu Cup
15h 23m
Stellar Fest
17h 23m
The PondCast
1d 14h
OSC
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.