• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:39
CEST 00:39
KST 07:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10229 users

Your SC2 blunders and bloopers - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Number
Profile Joined May 2010
United States21 Posts
July 04 2010 10:28 GMT
#61
In a PvT on Kulas Ravine, cross map, I pushed early with Zealot/Immortal and just as I get to his base he drops a handful of Marines into my base and snipes my Nexus before I can warp in enough Stalkers to kill it off; I'm now broke and have no income. As I'm destroying his base, he lifts off and moves all of his buildings to another main and starts mining. I destroy all of his supply depots and the go attack his new base. I destroy most of it and he starts flying away. I chase down his Factory, so now he only has a Barracks and an Orbital Command, which are in the air, and I only have 3 Stalkers and 2 Sentries. He put them at top and bottom of the map, out of my range. He then goes AFK and I'm forced to quit and lose a game that I had one. >.<
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
July 04 2010 10:28 GMT
#62
For the first couple weeks of beta when i started playing i didnt look at prices for old buildings since i figured they'd be the same and i was right..

until i noticed the cybernetics core didnt cost 200 anymore '
So id basically save up 200 or so everygame before making my cyber core
It prolly messed up alot of things
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Greth
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Belgium318 Posts
July 04 2010 10:37 GMT
#63
It took me a good 10 games as toss to realize the cybernetics core only cost 150 minerals. I always wondered why I could build a probe right after saving 200 minerals for my core...

But the one that really stands out was a ZvT on blistering sands. I 16 hatched and suffered some serious losses to a hellion runby in my main. So I started producing drones like mad to repair the damage.
I kept having a very low econ and larvae kept stacking up. I didn't know why. My force was small, and I could see the T going way beyond me in terms of macro off of 2 base, even though he expanded way later.
I kept pumping drones like mad off my main hatch. I started to wonder if he was somehow killing them off without me knowing. I didn't get it.
About 1 minute before he 1a'ed my natural I noticed the second rallypoint of my hatchery. It was pointing towards one of my geysers. I selected the one drone seemingly idle at the geyser, selecting a control group of stacked drones.
I banged my head against my desk and tried to use my own overly saturated main. But it was no use. I advised my opponent not to watch the replay and gged.
http://youtube.com/grethsc
Lucius2
Profile Joined June 2010
Germany548 Posts
July 04 2010 10:40 GMT
#64
when still no warpgates researched: blocking in my units, hurts a lot, especially with immortals...
danl9rm
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States3111 Posts
July 04 2010 10:40 GMT
#65
On July 04 2010 15:10 divinesage wrote:
I assumed for the longest amount of time that Cyber Core still required 200 minerals. I was always puzzled to find out why I had so much spare minerals even after plopping down the Core.


it doesn't?!
"Science has so well established that the preborn baby in the womb is a living human being that most pro-choice activists have conceded the point. ..since the abortion proponents have lost the science argument, they are now advocating an existential one."
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
July 04 2010 10:45 GMT
#66
On July 04 2010 19:40 danl9rm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2010 15:10 divinesage wrote:
I assumed for the longest amount of time that Cyber Core still required 200 minerals. I was always puzzled to find out why I had so much spare minerals even after plopping down the Core.


it doesn't?!

rofl, no

shocker i know
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
unit
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2621 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-04 11:06:29
July 04 2010 11:00 GMT
#67
On July 04 2010 19:45 arb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2010 19:40 danl9rm wrote:
On July 04 2010 15:10 divinesage wrote:
I assumed for the longest amount of time that Cyber Core still required 200 minerals. I was always puzzled to find out why I had so much spare minerals even after plopping down the Core.


it doesn't?!

rofl, no

shocker i know

yea a huge one....i need to actually read the stuff now lol...are there any other large differences!?

edit: OMG!!! assimilators are 75 minerals instead of 100
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
July 04 2010 11:33 GMT
#68
On July 04 2010 20:00 unit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2010 19:45 arb wrote:
On July 04 2010 19:40 danl9rm wrote:
On July 04 2010 15:10 divinesage wrote:
I assumed for the longest amount of time that Cyber Core still required 200 minerals. I was always puzzled to find out why I had so much spare minerals even after plopping down the Core.


it doesn't?!

rofl, no

shocker i know

yea a huge one....i need to actually read the stuff now lol...are there any other large differences!?

edit: OMG!!! assimilators are 75 minerals instead of 100

i think i noticed that one..i def noticed the extractors being 25 one
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Ethenielle
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Norway1006 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-04 11:44:14
July 04 2010 11:43 GMT
#69
I heard that planetary fortress rush was awesome, so I impulsively decided I'd try it some game. So I dutifully built my CC under my enemies base(Desert Oasis), and when it completed I saw it required an engineering bay.. fuck. A minor problem like that wasn't gonna stop me from rushing PF tho, so I built my engineering bay, and when it finished I was in shock that I still couldn't build my PF.. it needed gas too. So yeah.. at this point I'm pretty boned, but I figure it's the only way to win if I march along with my plan. So I build my refinery, mine the gas required, and morph my CC to a plantary fortress.

Yeah...

Planetary fortresses can't lift.
Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
Blixy213
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States360 Posts
July 04 2010 12:00 GMT
#70
One game in a ZvP on metalopolis, I had a large amount of hydra's parked in front of my enemy's main. After sniping a warp prism, I thought it was time for me to move in.

I lost 3-5 hydras getting in, he cannoned pretty hardcore, but I managed to take out almost everything in his base, excluding a few cannons on the side, a forge, his nexus and what ever. Thinking about Day9's daily about not winning until the game ends, I go to my base and continue to macro more hydra's, which later turn out to be roaches.

He had a carrier that managed to kill my hydra den, my drones and my lair, no big deal, this game was over, in my favor, he had no units left except a carrier vs my 20 or so hydra's,

Back to my macro, I go to my base and start pumping units, when I hit back 4 key to go back to my army, I find another air unit of some sort had been luring my hydras into a massive cannon concave on the side of his base. I lost all my hydras."Not to worry!" i thought, I had about 10 more hydras on the way, right? Wrong, like I said, 10 roaches pop out, No drones, or minerals left. no lair. versus a carrier.

And this was also my LAST game on bnet before I ragequit that night and called phase one done.

#1 sKyHigh and MorroW fan. "Should have stayed in the bush, bush reaper."
ItsTheFark
Profile Joined June 2010
United States158 Posts
July 04 2010 12:14 GMT
#71
When the beta first came out and I was learning all the hotkeys, I didn't know them for banelings, and I was experimenting with burrow-bombing. Of course, instead of unburrowing, I accidently blew up around 30 banelings in thin air.

Yeah--- I lost that game.
ANGRYAFRICAN
Profile Joined March 2010
South Africa25 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-04 12:29:22
July 04 2010 12:29 GMT
#72
I assumed refineries were 100 (instead of 75) minerals from patch 1 till about patch 13, I always wondered how in replays the pros got their refinery that much earlier than me :/

SO ANGRY!
Pking
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden142 Posts
July 04 2010 13:06 GMT
#73
Some mistakes that makes you feel like a noob: Pressing 'S' to build a SCV while having all mining SCVs selected causing them to stop mining. Accidently double clicking on SCV before giving it a command to move (e.g. to gas) causing all of them to stop mining and move. Forgetting to put 3 SCVs on gas and wondering why you can't build stuff faster. Setting CC rally point next to minerals (not on them) and wondering why the hell you have so few minerals.
allowicious
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States972 Posts
July 04 2010 13:12 GMT
#74
On July 04 2010 14:27 EliteAzn wrote:
Oh and I forgot...made a planetary fortress and expected it to liftoff....yeah big oops...


Haha, first time I built a planetary fortress, I thought the same thing. I didn't know that they couldn't lift off
lalalalala~~~
Barnzy
Profile Joined June 2010
United Kingdom57 Posts
July 04 2010 13:14 GMT
#75
in my first 4 games i couldnt actually work out how to see banshhes or cloaked units as zerg! So i was getting all mad n stuff sucha noob!
YourMom
Profile Joined April 2010
Romania565 Posts
July 04 2010 13:24 GMT
#76
On Crap Station I built and extra nexus in my main hoping it will lift off and land to island.
I'm very good at making carriers.
jpaugh78
Profile Joined May 2010
United States179 Posts
July 04 2010 13:31 GMT
#77
Reading through these posts, I've done pretty much all of these things at least once.

The biggest blunder I can remember was in a game against a friend, shortly before phase 1 went down. I was protoss against his terran (the only race he's ever played) on Blistering Sands. I did a push with an observer, some stalkers, zealots and a couple of immortals. I'm doing really good at this point and have him backed against a wall. I have his back door rocks destroyed and I am in really good shape. I have expanded, he hasn't. I push a couple more times, and know that I'm going to win the game easily, because I am out resourcing him by a lot at this point. However, my push fails, and he starts heading towards my base with his army that just took out mine. To my shock, I have a crapload of minerals and gas, because I wasn't making anything while I was attacking.

This is one thing I still do a lot, because my APM sucks so bad, that I tend to focus more on my attacking army then my base. Sighs. One day I'll learn, hopefully.
Chizambers
Profile Joined June 2010
United States126 Posts
July 04 2010 14:26 GMT
#78
One game I was playing as T vs Z... I had walled off the front of my base successfully, expecting a bunch of early zerglings. After I complete the walloff, i lower my supply depot to let my SCV out to scout. My SCV walks out slowly, and just as I'm about the hit the hotkey to raise my Depot back up, 8 speedlings come flying into my base.

8 speedlings vs 2 marines = GG for me.

I watched the replay, and he just had extremely lucky timing, his lings were running from across the map and got there just as I lowered my depot. doh....

In 2v2s, I was playing as Terran, and I saw a probe come into my base. It set down a pylon, so I had me 2-3 marines kill the probe and the pylon. Right after I did that I realized that was my partners probe and pylon... oops
yup, I'm a nub.
Kerrdezzy
Profile Joined June 2010
United States50 Posts
July 04 2010 14:45 GMT
#79
On July 04 2010 16:21 vT.sOel wrote:
am I the only that finds it hilarious that everyone has started saying "blunder" to describe any mistake ever since they heard day[9] say that, and then HD and husky copy him?


never heard him say it. at least i didnt pay attention
My life for Shakuras
Pebble
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany326 Posts
July 04 2010 14:51 GMT
#80
On July 04 2010 16:21 vT.sOel wrote:
am I the only that finds it hilarious that everyone has started saying "blunder" to describe any mistake ever since they heard day[9] say that, and then HD and husky copy him?


And if it's like that, so be it. Thats normal isn't it? People learn new words and use them. :D It shows how dedicated people are towards tl.net and sc-scene in general. Which I find is good.
3:50 PM jaedung: scouting is useless in sc2
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 132
ViBE83
CosmosSc2 6
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 568
Artosis 417
910 33
Dota 2
monkeys_forever473
League of Legends
JimRising 469
Counter-Strike
minikerr15
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS109
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5625
Liquid`Hasu1376
Other Games
summit1g7198
shahzam537
byalli375
C9.Mang0240
Trikslyr40
ZombieGrub13
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream167
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 99
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki36
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 22m
Kung Fu Cup
12h 22m
Stellar Fest
14h 22m
The PondCast
1d 11h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.