• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:38
CEST 00:38
KST 07:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10229 users

Your SC2 blunders and bloopers - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Blackhawk13
Profile Joined April 2010
United States442 Posts
July 04 2010 08:19 GMT
#41
whenever i blink up/down a ridge with a group of stalkers, 1 gets left behind x)
kzn
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1218 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-04 08:26:51
July 04 2010 08:24 GMT
#42
I've definitely managed to get to like 50 food without remembering a cyb core OR EVEN AN ASSIM

ffffff

[edit] Also lost a base race because I didn't put down any pylons all over the place. I was like I COULD ACTUALLY WIN THIS-score screenFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Like a G6
Amuze
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia12 Posts
July 04 2010 08:27 GMT
#43
I always set my robotics way point to the enemy base for my first observer. Then later on i realize my immortals are are running across the map to their deaths.
Stripes
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia57 Posts
July 04 2010 08:32 GMT
#44
The finals of the last tournament I played for the beta, I missed my minerals 4 times in a row while trying to send my workers to mine.

Lost to a baneling bust.

Won the tourny Thankgod for Bo3!
soverRR
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden348 Posts
July 04 2010 08:41 GMT
#45
In the beginning I sometimes had rally points set to units, which dies and leaves the rally points in the enemies base. Wondering where all your marauders went and watching 3 of them just walking into the enemies base is, well, duh.
Kippers
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom100 Posts
July 04 2010 08:43 GMT
#46
I played as zerg for the first time as random, and i powered drones too much, he pushed and i had no units.
Avtonikov
Profile Joined May 2010
United States85 Posts
July 04 2010 09:07 GMT
#47
2v2, ZandT vs ZandP

My partner (Z) left and so did his (also the Z) so we had full control over our Zs as well. (I was T btw)

So eventually I resource starve him and I did a cheesy thing early on which was quick tech to mass ravens, which is pretty fun, and so he's down to his Zerg resources basically.

He then steamrolls my base with zerglings (I guess he was out of gas) and my T base gets wiped out, and I saw my orbital command but decided to keep mining instead of lift.

I then destroy his P base with autoturrets and PDDs and proceed to destroy his Z base completely. As I'm about to destroy his last photon cannons I realize something.

He's going for my Z base.

And I have no defense there.

And he only has lings.

A floating building would be perfect, but all my terran buildings are gone.

It is a race against time, time slows down, minutes turn to hours as I spam as many autoturrets as I can, which is about 40 because I have 20 ravens.

His zerglings find my hidden hatchery.

My god...

Defeat...

/facedesk.
Derp
Bluedraqy
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark496 Posts
July 04 2010 09:08 GMT
#48
My first game in SC2, I rolled Terran as random, and I scanned him to see Banelings, low HP units, and I was like: Marines shoots fast and stuff, I'll go mass Marines against Mass Banelings, needless to say who won
SeeDLiNg
Profile Joined January 2010
United States690 Posts
July 04 2010 09:12 GMT
#49
in 2s, my bronze/silver level partner has killed off my expansions around 6 times now thinking they were enemies
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
July 04 2010 09:14 GMT
#50
The first time I ever tried to make a Planetary Fortress, I assumed I could just make a Command Center, make a PFort, and just lift off to my new base.

I obviously ended up with two bases in my natural.
Moderator
jtgizmo
Profile Joined April 2010
Congo161 Posts
July 04 2010 09:22 GMT
#51
Lost Temple, builded up my army, was feeling so good , had really strong army, went to attack. got to the base and I realised I forgot to scout the map and sent the army to wrong base, to the base location that i played previous match, 1 sec after realising that i saw my own base getting demolished ...><
unit
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2621 Posts
July 04 2010 09:28 GMT
#52
On July 04 2010 15:10 divinesage wrote:
I assumed for the longest amount of time that Cyber Core still required 200 minerals. I was always puzzled to find out why I had so much spare minerals even after plopping down the Core.

WTF ITS NOT!!! i honestly didnt know that and now i need to rethink ALL of my Protoss builds lol
Jimmy Raynor
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
902 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-04 09:29:15
July 04 2010 09:28 GMT
#53
This happened shortly after I started playing the beta.

The game was on Metalopolis. PvP. I think I was at 1 o'clock my opponent at 9. The game goes normal, I make push with gateway/robo army while having 2 expos already, and destroy his main. At this point I find out that he has expanded at the bottom left but he didn't have any army at all. I destroy all his buildings at his main while now having 2 more expos, basically controlling the whole map while he is cornered at the bottom left.

I arrive with my army there only to find out he has build ~50 cannons and around 10 gateways. Back then when I just started playing after seeing this I thought to myself that it would be cool to make carriers, void rays, blink stalkers from my 5 bases to win against his cannons. I end up pushing but he has massed sentries which combined with the cannons melted my army. I still got ~5 bases but I panic, and start making mass stalkers.

At the end he went out of his base with his ~30 sentries, and destroyed all my bases.

Moral of the story, if you are still newbie, and have 5 bases vs 1 base you can still lose.
vizniz
Profile Joined May 2010
United States120 Posts
July 04 2010 09:32 GMT
#54
I sometimes have an issue playing Z, where I'll move all my hatcheries rally points to wherever i'm pushing for quick reinforcements. If the push is going well, I'll have to throw some overlords into my reinforcements to keep from getting supply blocked.

Then, I pull back, thinking I did a decent push. Power drones, take another base, rebuild ar- wait a sec...I'm supply capped? Look to opponents base where a few overlords are suicidally cruising there way to the rally point. I had since changed it, but those OL's were build during the push, and I forgot to move them back because they're slow.
SC2/LoL/Steam: vizniz LoL smurf: visnistehsmurf
groms
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada1017 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-04 09:55:43
July 04 2010 09:54 GMT
#55
I'm a toss player but I recently started playing zerg/terran to improve as a player overall.

Some of my most common blunders are as zerg/terran. I love selecting my harvesters as they mine for some dumb reason(not to spam my apm is still very low) and I tend to do it for the early part of the game just to keep me busy. I also like to hit "s" for make scv and "s" "d" to make drones. Some of you already get the idea...

So many games I actually stop my harvesters mining b/c i'm not paying attention to what i'm doing which really sucks b/c then u have to re-split like 10-15 workers and u lose lots of mining time(thats if I even notice which doesn't always happen lol)

My biggest blunder would definitely be thinking that hatcheries cost 400. In my defense I never played sc:bw and I play toss so I had no idea that it was 300. At least now I understand why my expansions always got mowed down by zealots so fast....they were superlate lol
I have a recurring dream that I'm running away from a terran player but the marauders keep slowing me down. - Artosis
DashFlow
Profile Joined June 2010
United Kingdom176 Posts
July 04 2010 09:55 GMT
#56
I played against someone who nydus rushed me and he failed the first time then, i played him straight after that and he did the same exact tactic and managed to beat me...
I Only Want You To Think Im Fantastic!
swymaboi
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada85 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-04 09:56:45
July 04 2010 09:56 GMT
#57
I've destroyed my own spire thinking it was an enemy spine crawler

He tried to plant a spire crawler early in the game but i denied it.

So when he came for an attack I thought he was going to do the same thing during the chaos of the battle...

I ended up winning still tho
ZvZ? no, it is JvZ
P00RKID
Profile Joined December 2009
United States424 Posts
July 04 2010 10:04 GMT
#58
I was finishing off buildings in a game I won, and the guy says "gg". I expect him to leave, and I see the "opponent will be revealed", and for some reason I thought I won, so I left the game. Didn't occur to me that the "you win" button didn't show up.
"Does your butt hurt? 'cause you fell from heaven once the cast was over?" Artosis
Aikin
Profile Joined April 2010
Austria532 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-04 10:08:55
July 04 2010 10:06 GMT
#59
I just builded my 3rd cc and put it in the group of my others. Just then a qued to mutch scvs and wanted to cancel some. Well guess what got canceld at about 90 %...

Another story: I played a pvt and after the game we talked about how you can stop blaaa in this matchup. My enemy just had 1 depo left and after the talking I just said bye and left. He even messaged me and said he was sorry for distracting me .P
[A]dmiral Bulldog | Naniwa | [A]lliance
PfiliTehDwarf
Profile Joined December 2006
Germany66 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-04 10:18:53
July 04 2010 10:16 GMT
#60
For the first 20 games I thought Orbital Command costs 35 gas


Then I watched a replay of morrow doing a 2 rax OC build without gas and thought how can he do that? That must be a bug in the game. How come no one has seen that?

I then moved my mouse over the thing and looked at it for a couple of seconds. Then I thought: Yeah it clearly says 35 and a green square behind it. It must cost 35 gas. How has no one seen that!?!??

5 games later i noticed this was the building time
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 132
ViBE83
CosmosSc2 6
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 568
Artosis 417
910 33
Dota 2
monkeys_forever473
League of Legends
JimRising 469
Counter-Strike
minikerr15
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS109
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5625
Liquid`Hasu1376
Other Games
summit1g7198
shahzam537
byalli375
C9.Mang0240
Trikslyr40
ZombieGrub13
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream167
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 99
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki36
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 22m
Kung Fu Cup
12h 22m
Stellar Fest
14h 22m
The PondCast
1d 11h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.