• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:23
CEST 09:23
KST 16:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8026 users

Your SC2 blunders and bloopers - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next All
Diks
Profile Joined January 2010
Belgium1880 Posts
July 06 2010 10:48 GMT
#141
I was fighting some voidrays with a huge number hydras, i was in a good spot and i shift clicked all his voidrays for the micro.
I went for some macro in my base while the hydras were shift targetting his pack.
When i came back to the battle i realised that one of my orders didn't aim a voidray and all my army went to simple move in the middle of his units...
I went from an easy win to a painfull loss
MangoTango
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States3670 Posts
July 06 2010 10:51 GMT
#142
One time, I had totally won a game with a maxed out Zerg army, 4 bases to his almost mined out main, with a 2/2 upgraded R/H army razing his infrastructure. I typed "gg?", he typed gg, then somehow I hit the keys to leave the game.

wut.
"One fish, two fish, red fish, BLUE TANK!" - Artosis
sikyon
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada1045 Posts
July 06 2010 11:24 GMT
#143
I was so neverous after working my way to plat all the way from silver (pre-diamond) that in my first game I built 2 cyber cores and got rolled by some early pressure. It was pretty embarassing when my opponent was like "o_O 2 cyber cores?" Especially when I had just been talking to him about how I just got into plat.

The worst thing that ever happened to someone else playing against me, though, was PvP. I had made a few bad pushes and lost a good chunk of my army (stalkers/immo) to my opponent's stalker/immo army. He then counter attacked whiel I was grabbing my expo (desert oasis, which has a very open nat) and when I thought he was going to take it out and kill me, he just ran his army right past mine which softened it up enough for me to kill and eventually take the game.
grnat
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia60 Posts
July 06 2010 12:27 GMT
#144
@mangoTango, someone did this to me once. Was trying to figure out why my rank was better after game. He msgd me to say that he did that by reflex. So I got a free win :D

Stupid thing I did was when i was playing on desert oasis and someone had a bunch of roaches, I had a obs hovering over their army in the middle, thought it was set to follow. They burrowed and I didn't notice, they sniped my nexus and I was able to hold on for a while but all down hill from there
I like protoss because I find it is fun and good
Sethronu
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United Kingdom450 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-06 12:36:15
July 06 2010 12:35 GMT
#145
One of my first SC2 games and I think the first one as Protoss, I massed Immortals vs BCs :-\

edit: I thought hardened shields would own against them, too!
RawK
Profile Joined April 2010
United States125 Posts
July 06 2010 13:29 GMT
#146
On July 04 2010 22:14 Barnzy wrote:
in my first 4 games i couldnt actually work out how to see banshhes or cloaked units as zerg! So i was getting all mad n stuff sucha noob!


I couldn't for the life of me figure out what the mobile detector was for terran.

For a good 30-40 games i thought the only detectors we had were Scans and Turrets. Had no idea about the Raven. Lol.
Hail to the Thief. RawK > http://bit.ly/b3gS25
reapsen
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany559 Posts
July 06 2010 13:35 GMT
#147
- Sending a queen walking crossmap to inject larvae at a far away expansion, due to hotkey miss click.

- Accidentally double-clicking a worker in the mineral line, then giving a move command, thus stopping every worker from mining.
RawK
Profile Joined April 2010
United States125 Posts
July 06 2010 13:36 GMT
#148
On July 06 2010 16:25 gdroxor wrote:
My biggest blunder?

Having a game 100% in the bag PvP on desert oasis. Main and natural of my opponent was destroyed. I had a 200/200 ground army from warp gates and robos. While I searched for hidden expansions, it never occured to me that he could be on one of the island expos. He takes a warp prism and 4 probes, rebuilds in about 5 minutes because he was stockpiling resources. By the time I figured out what he was doing, I got a few void rays out, but he completely kills me with an army of 20+ void rays and a mothership.

I felt like this after the match --> =/


Ugh. Mine was even worse.

I was playing Z for once (I never play Z) on Incineration Zone. I had taken every expansion other than the one behind the rocks in the SW. It was like 6 Base to 2. I had pushed a few times but never really had enough of an army to go past his cannons.

Problem? I never scouted. Once. Always always scout. It's never fun to run into a 200/200 Mass Carriers + Mothership army with Roach/Hydra + Infestors.

Ironically I still almost won the game. I had gotten a NP off on his mothership, however my Infestor died before I could use Vortex on his army. A few more seconds and I might have won.

It was the only time i have ever /ragequit in my 8 years of playing SC, WC, anything. I was so pissed for losing to mass cannons into mass carriers. Nub SC1 Strats. Buh.

Hail to the Thief. RawK > http://bit.ly/b3gS25
terranghost
Profile Joined May 2010
United States980 Posts
July 06 2010 13:43 GMT
#149
On July 06 2010 19:44 Wonderballs wrote:
Personally, I have never made a mistake, ever in any game.


Well aren't you just special?
"It is amazing that people who think we cannot afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, and medication somehow think that we can afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, medication and a government bureaucracy to administer it." - Thomas Sowell
Ichabod
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1659 Posts
July 06 2010 20:09 GMT
#150
Right click moving with my gateway+collossus ball instead of attack-moving...got hit by a hydralisk driveby shooting.
Arco
Profile Joined September 2009
United States2090 Posts
July 06 2010 20:11 GMT
#151
Proxied David Kim with two gate and forced him to lift and everything. Basically won the game. Until I forgot to send a Zealot home and he killed my Nexus with all his SCVs.

:[

Also used to think Cyber Core was still 200minerals and Robotics Facility was still 200 gas! But this was like week 1-2 of beta.
arnold(soTa)
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden352 Posts
July 06 2010 20:37 GMT
#152
On July 04 2010 14 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              04 2010 14      end_of_the_skype_highlighting:27 FabledIntegral wrote:
I tend to forget if I built my first overlord or not and accidently build 2, a lot. Cancelling the second one always fucks my larvae count up .



done this a lot, not in the beginning of the game because I have good controll over the economy then, just when you have like 2 hatch 40-50 food and u make on to many overlords, can really cost you the game..and it has..like delayed potential upgrade/lair ...I wish there was a button kinda like the "idle worker" button so you can see how many ovies you make :d

I dont really want this feature, Im just bad and want blizzard to fix my incompetence.
"I like turtles"
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
July 06 2010 20:43 GMT
#153
On July 06 2010 19:51 MangoTango wrote:
One time, I had totally won a game with a maxed out Zerg army, 4 bases to his almost mined out main, with a 2/2 upgraded R/H army razing his infrastructure. I typed "gg?", he typed gg, then somehow I hit the keys to leave the game.

wut.

its what you get for being a douche imo

I thought i had one game won, i had my nice stalker colossus sentry zealot army, however i had all me 20-30~ zealots off to the side for some uber flankage action, except i forgot about them until it was like 3 secs into the battle and as a result they didnt get there in time and my entire army was raped
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
NotTheMonker
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States131 Posts
July 06 2010 21:07 GMT
#154
I was playing a 2v2 as zerg on a map with backdoor destructible rocks. I made a bunch of zerglings and banelings, busted through the backdoor, and destroyed most of the opponent's probes and also his nexus. All this time, I had been making drones. I told my partner, "Make units. They are going to counter." About 30 seconds passed, and all I did was make drones. No spines. No units. They came in and destroyed my partner's army and my base.

I don't know why, but I just felt like I needed more drones.
You cant be a good rapper without rhymes, and you cant be a good Pokemon trainer without CATCHING MORE POKEMON.
spritzz
Profile Joined November 2009
Canada331 Posts
July 06 2010 21:10 GMT
#155
2v2 Metropolis. Trying to save my ally when the enemies ganged on him. They were up his ramp and was engaging me mid ramp.

My thought: I should FF half his army up-ramp and half army below so I can eat them separately for victory!
My action: blocked them entirely above ramp. They proceeded to obliterating my ally's base while my army sat there.

Me: "I'm the best..."
Opponent: "yah, you really are. Thanks!"
zugzug
Firoso
Profile Joined July 2010
3 Posts
July 06 2010 22:14 GMT
#156
not a blunder so much as a funny story... ZvP on Oasis, managed to do a rather nasty base race, but I only crippled his main, killing off all his probes, I retreated to the SE and NW islands via nydus, and established bases previously which had been mining for a while, a long battle of attrition ensued, and it ended up with me, in the SE (only) with 1000M/1000G/180S. He had about 30 stalkers that were patroling my borders quite irritatingly, I couldn't move out, and I was all but out of resources. But I had an assumption that since he didn't seem to be aggressive he was out of resources and still expanding. I built up 2 brood lords (had like 450 minerals left, something like that) and started sniping the stalkers very VERY carefully. eventually i was able to push to his main after downing his stalkers, and there, I see a pair of probes, pathetically long distance mining from the most distant gold patch... I rofled as I killed his probes and he rage quit out. 2:20 game, but more "WTF" than any I've ever played... much name calling on his part.
MindRush
Profile Joined April 2010
Romania916 Posts
July 06 2010 22:24 GMT
#157
pushing vs a zerg army of hydras + roaches + lings with my army of marauders + marines + 3tanks,
i waited for shells and shields to complete.
while waiting i a-clicked my marauders on the map and managed to kill 2 of my 3 tanks.
i lost the battle due to this mistake, since i saw 2 tanks in siege mode (had it researched) would have helped alot, and the game was pre-nerf
i was so angry that i ...... let's say had to buy a new mouse
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
terranghost
Profile Joined May 2010
United States980 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-07 01:45:19
July 07 2010 01:33 GMT
#158
this is kind of relevant kind of not as obviously it is with bw units. However we already have like 3 clips for sc2 and me and my friend didn't get the beta tell gamestop gave them out. It will be called Retarded Units of Starcraft 2 1. Anyway here it is....


"It is amazing that people who think we cannot afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, and medication somehow think that we can afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, medication and a government bureaucracy to administer it." - Thomas Sowell
runimCOREAN
Profile Joined June 2010
United States11 Posts
July 07 2010 01:34 GMT
#159
yeah sometimes
MY REAL NAME IS: Lee Kim Park ||| || | | || ||| || ||||||| || || || every piece of the business plays a part, every part is indispensable, every failure breeds success, and every success demands improvement
Gokain
Profile Joined April 2010
United States49 Posts
July 07 2010 03:22 GMT
#160
On July 06 2010 19:51 MangoTango wrote:
One time, I had totally won a game with a maxed out Zerg army, 4 bases to his almost mined out main, with a 2/2 upgraded R/H army razing his infrastructure. I typed "gg?", he typed gg, then somehow I hit the keys to leave the game.

wut.


i did the same exact thing while playing TvP...ladder match too. such fail.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 165
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 641
HiyA 189
Mong 67
Shine 44
NotJumperer 35
Bale 28
Noble 10
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm188
League of Legends
JimRising 577
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 833
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft778
Other Games
summit1g9118
ceh9399
Happy366
PiGStarcraft355
olofmeister237
Livibee121
ArmadaUGS32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick547
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream530
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH133
• LUISG 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2387
League of Legends
• Lourlo1393
• Rush1393
• Stunt454
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 37m
Afreeca Starleague
2h 37m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
16h 37m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 3h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.