• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:44
CEST 17:44
KST 00:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)74Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9835 users

The Automated Ban List - Page 1043

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 3173 Next
This thread is for discussing recent bans. Don't discuss other topics here.

Take it to website feedback if you disagree with a ban or want to raise an issue.

Keep it civil.

NOTE: For those of you who want to find the actual ABL thread where the bans are posted. Please look in here: https://tl.net/forum/closed-threads/
Jisall
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2054 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-04 23:28:57
May 04 2012 23:27 GMT
#20841
This classy gamers appreciation thread seems to attact the trolls.

Edit: Nvm, seems to have re-railed.
Monk: Because being a badass is more fun then playing a dude wearing a scarf.. ... Ite fuck it, Witch Doctor cuz I like killing stuff in a timely mannor.
Epoxide
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Magic Woods9326 Posts
May 05 2012 00:22 GMT
#20842
+ Show Spoiler +
LF9 was just banned by p4NDemik.

That account was created on 2009-11-24 05:53:15 and had 537 posts.

Reason:
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 05 2012 06:08 LF9 wrote:
Destiny is a no skill douchebag, but it's absolutely WRONG for people to be policed for their beliefs and speech to the point of getting kicked from teams and the like. I would have thought him getting the boot was GOOD news, because he's not really a pro gamer, just a streamer, but this is actually sickening news because it shows the poor state the community is in. What is this, 1984? Grow up. If you don't like what someone is saying or it offends you, TURN IT OFF. It's not fucking hard. If you have children and are worried about what THEY are exposed to, then DO YOUR FUCKING JOB AND BE A PARENT. I like watching (American) football, but am I going to contact the sponsorship of the New York Jets because Tim Tebow is an obnoxious fundamentalist christian assbag and try to get him fired just because I dislike his beliefs? And, more importantly, would ANYONE listen? Fuck no. Take the NFL as a legitimate professional model. If people wrote letters to NFL sponsors saying Tebow's christianity offends them, they wouldn't even get so much as a letter back, and the talentless virgin would continue to get rich for not knowing how to throw a football. But that's the professional model, and I wish esports would adapt to it, otherwise you have what happened here; the "public" (SC2 community) can get unpopular people fired at will by whining about political correctness. This is downright ridiculous. Anyone that actually REPORTS A PLAYER TO THEIR SPONSORS for what they say, you should fucking kill yourself right now, you self righteous cocksucker.


"No skill douchebag" + Random caps + horrible allusion to 1984 + you should fucking kill yourself right now, you self righteous cocksucker" = Your time at TL has come to a close.
The missing quotation mark at the bolded part made me think p4NDemik actually wrote that T_T
LiquipediaSouma: EU MM is just Russian Roulette. Literally.
TheAmazombie
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States3714 Posts
May 05 2012 00:52 GMT
#20843
On May 05 2012 08:03 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
Zergmeister was just banned by p4NDemik.

That account was created on 2011-08-04 01:39:34 and had 56 posts.

Reason: "The last thing i want to say is: Do not confuse yourself for the sc2 community. You are the TeamLiquid community, the most selfish and closedminded community out there. Hell, even KKK are open to debate about their belives, hence they are not really racists anymore."

The fuck? Since you don't want to be a part of TL anymore I'll just show you the door.


This one kinda speaks for itself... they're getting more and more out there.

Coming up next, the shocking truth about esports, the fourth reich... or something like that.


Is he implying that just having the sense to be able to debate your hateful beliefs means they are no longer racist and/or morally wrong? Am I reading that right...
We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost. -Charlie Chaplin
turdburgler
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
England6749 Posts
May 05 2012 00:54 GMT
#20844
On May 05 2012 08:03 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
Zergmeister was just banned by p4NDemik.

That account was created on 2011-08-04 01:39:34 and had 56 posts.

Reason: "The last thing i want to say is: Do not confuse yourself for the sc2 community. You are the TeamLiquid community, the most selfish and closedminded community out there. Hell, even KKK are open to debate about their belives, hence they are not really racists anymore."

The fuck? Since you don't want to be a part of TL anymore I'll just show you the door.


This one kinda speaks for itself... they're getting more and more out there.

Coming up next, the shocking truth about esports, the fourth reich... or something like that.


dont give the history channel ideas
BloodNinja
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2791 Posts
May 05 2012 00:59 GMT
#20845
I check into the Destiny thread every so often and have managed to stay out of it for the most part. I am a bit shocked at how many people still believe they gave the right to free speech no matter when, where, why, or what. I thought that horse had been corrected and beaten into dust after the Orb "scandal" but I was wrong.
TheAmazombie
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States3714 Posts
May 05 2012 01:03 GMT
#20846
On May 05 2012 09:59 BloodNinja wrote:
I check into the Destiny thread every so often and have managed to stay out of it for the most part. I am a bit shocked at how many people still believe they gave the right to free speech no matter when, where, why, or what. I thought that horse had been corrected and beaten into dust after the Orb "scandal" but I was wrong.


The issue overall is that they think that just because you have rights from the federal government that they will not infringe, this does not mean that private citizens and institutions cannot implement their own standards. Yes you have the right to say whatever, but that does not mean that those rights do not have certain consequences.

Overall...just stay out of Destiny threads as a whole. A rather simple rule to live by.
We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost. -Charlie Chaplin
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
May 05 2012 01:07 GMT
#20847
On May 05 2012 09:59 BloodNinja wrote:
I check into the Destiny thread every so often and have managed to stay out of it for the most part. I am a bit shocked at how many people still believe they gave the right to free speech no matter when, where, why, or what. I thought that horse had been corrected and beaten into dust after the Orb "scandal" but I was wrong.


Well, you are technically free to say whatever you want, whenever you want. It's just that sometimes there's repercussions you may have been better off avoiding. Like if I scream "Bomb" in an airport, I'm probably not having a good day.
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
May 05 2012 01:08 GMT
#20848
On May 05 2012 10:03 TheAmazombie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2012 09:59 BloodNinja wrote:
I check into the Destiny thread every so often and have managed to stay out of it for the most part. I am a bit shocked at how many people still believe they gave the right to free speech no matter when, where, why, or what. I thought that horse had been corrected and beaten into dust after the Orb "scandal" but I was wrong.


The issue overall is that they think that just because you have rights from the federal government that they will not infringe, this does not mean that private citizens and institutions cannot implement their own standards. Yes you have the right to say whatever, but that does not mean that those rights do not have certain consequences.

Overall...just stay out of Destiny threads as a whole. A rather simple rule to live by.

some guy just told me he is going to call my dog a gook. =(
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
May 05 2012 01:09 GMT
#20849
On May 05 2012 10:08 dAPhREAk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2012 10:03 TheAmazombie wrote:
On May 05 2012 09:59 BloodNinja wrote:
I check into the Destiny thread every so often and have managed to stay out of it for the most part. I am a bit shocked at how many people still believe they gave the right to free speech no matter when, where, why, or what. I thought that horse had been corrected and beaten into dust after the Orb "scandal" but I was wrong.


The issue overall is that they think that just because you have rights from the federal government that they will not infringe, this does not mean that private citizens and institutions cannot implement their own standards. Yes you have the right to say whatever, but that does not mean that those rights do not have certain consequences.

Overall...just stay out of Destiny threads as a whole. A rather simple rule to live by.

some guy just told me he is going to call my dog a gook. =(

Link?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
BloodNinja
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2791 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-05 01:11:12
May 05 2012 01:10 GMT
#20850
On May 05 2012 10:03 TheAmazombie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2012 09:59 BloodNinja wrote:
I check into the Destiny thread every so often and have managed to stay out of it for the most part. I am a bit shocked at how many people still believe they gave the right to free speech no matter when, where, why, or what. I thought that horse had been corrected and beaten into dust after the Orb "scandal" but I was wrong.


The issue overall is that they think that just because you have rights from the federal government that they will not infringe, this does not mean that private citizens and institutions cannot implement their own standards. Yes you have the right to say whatever, but that does not mean that those rights do not have certain consequences.

Overall...just stay out of Destiny threads as a whole. A rather simple rule to live by.


Oh I completely realize that and realize I phrased my statement wrong. The posters believe they have the right to say whatever they want and not face consequences from anyone.


On May 05 2012 10:08 dAPhREAk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2012 10:03 TheAmazombie wrote:
On May 05 2012 09:59 BloodNinja wrote:
I check into the Destiny thread every so often and have managed to stay out of it for the most part. I am a bit shocked at how many people still believe they gave the right to free speech no matter when, where, why, or what. I thought that horse had been corrected and beaten into dust after the Orb "scandal" but I was wrong.


The issue overall is that they think that just because you have rights from the federal government that they will not infringe, this does not mean that private citizens and institutions cannot implement their own standards. Yes you have the right to say whatever, but that does not mean that those rights do not have certain consequences.

Overall...just stay out of Destiny threads as a whole. A rather simple rule to live by.

some guy just told me he is going to call my dog a gook. =(


Thats hilarious. I wouldnt even report that post its so outlandish.
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
May 05 2012 01:10 GMT
#20851
On May 05 2012 10:09 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2012 10:08 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 05 2012 10:03 TheAmazombie wrote:
On May 05 2012 09:59 BloodNinja wrote:
I check into the Destiny thread every so often and have managed to stay out of it for the most part. I am a bit shocked at how many people still believe they gave the right to free speech no matter when, where, why, or what. I thought that horse had been corrected and beaten into dust after the Orb "scandal" but I was wrong.


The issue overall is that they think that just because you have rights from the federal government that they will not infringe, this does not mean that private citizens and institutions cannot implement their own standards. Yes you have the right to say whatever, but that does not mean that those rights do not have certain consequences.

Overall...just stay out of Destiny threads as a whole. A rather simple rule to live by.

some guy just told me he is going to call my dog a gook. =(

Link?

edit: he said to call my dog a gook to test his theory that racial slurs dont cause harm.

On May 05 2012 08:33 Bulldog654 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2012 08:25 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 05 2012 08:24 Bulldog654 wrote:
On May 05 2012 08:14 Fliparoni wrote:
On May 05 2012 08:11 NoctemSC wrote:
I'm going to try to get my point across in a civil manner.
Destiny has never been a favorite player of mine, neither has he been one I've hated.
In fact, Destiny has given me many laughs on the few times that I've tuned into his stream. E-sports, at least in starcraft 2 is shifting, whether for better or worse I can not guess at, yet.

My main problem with this is the fact that certain community members feel like they are entitled to decide how someone can or can not talk. If you don't like how someone presents themselves, that's your right, but do you really feel the need to take it to this level? Not only are you endangering a players career, a player that asks nothing from you except that you watch his games but even worse, you're endangering an entire team.
.


Just as Destiny feels like he's entitled to use whatever language he likes against anyone he likes, there are other people who feel entitled to report said language to his team and sponsors. What goes around comes around. Nothing too complicated about that.


The difference being that one causes no actual harm and the other does.

are you saying that racial slurs dont cause any harm?


Oh words can hurt someones feelings sure, but this isn't direct quantifiable harm. Going after someones money has a direct and quantifiable effect that isn't in any way subjective or relative. Words spoken by a stranger over the internet hold no more power than you attribute to them. I'm not saying that being called a gook didn't hurt the OP's feelings because I have no way of knowing if they did or didn't, but I do know that messing with a person's ability to make money does cause damage. Actual, real, quantifiable damage.

Try an experiment to see which one is worse:
call your dog a gook every day for ten days and see what happens, then don't feed it for ten days.

TheAmazombie
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States3714 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-05 01:12:32
May 05 2012 01:10 GMT
#20852
On May 05 2012 10:08 dAPhREAk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2012 10:03 TheAmazombie wrote:
On May 05 2012 09:59 BloodNinja wrote:
I check into the Destiny thread every so often and have managed to stay out of it for the most part. I am a bit shocked at how many people still believe they gave the right to free speech no matter when, where, why, or what. I thought that horse had been corrected and beaten into dust after the Orb "scandal" but I was wrong.


The issue overall is that they think that just because you have rights from the federal government that they will not infringe, this does not mean that private citizens and institutions cannot implement their own standards. Yes you have the right to say whatever, but that does not mean that those rights do not have certain consequences.

Overall...just stay out of Destiny threads as a whole. A rather simple rule to live by.

some guy just told me he is going to call my dog a gook. =(


Let me get this right...you mean he threatened to call your dog a racial slur? Wow...I bet you are shaking in your boots.

Just because it does not cause harm to the dog does not mean it does not cause harm to others. Some people are okay with racial slurs, others aren't. It is the same with many things and does not mean one side is more just or correct than the other.
We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost. -Charlie Chaplin
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
May 05 2012 01:11 GMT
#20853
On May 05 2012 10:10 BloodNinja wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2012 10:03 TheAmazombie wrote:
On May 05 2012 09:59 BloodNinja wrote:
I check into the Destiny thread every so often and have managed to stay out of it for the most part. I am a bit shocked at how many people still believe they gave the right to free speech no matter when, where, why, or what. I thought that horse had been corrected and beaten into dust after the Orb "scandal" but I was wrong.


The issue overall is that they think that just because you have rights from the federal government that they will not infringe, this does not mean that private citizens and institutions cannot implement their own standards. Yes you have the right to say whatever, but that does not mean that those rights do not have certain consequences.

Overall...just stay out of Destiny threads as a whole. A rather simple rule to live by.


Oh I completely realize that and realize I phrased my statement wrong. The posters believe they have the right to say whatever they want and not face consequences from anyone.


I don't know many people who hold that view for longer than about thirty seconds after I test their willingness to apply the same courtesy in reverse.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
May 05 2012 01:12 GMT
#20854
On May 05 2012 10:10 dAPhREAk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2012 10:09 iamperfection wrote:
On May 05 2012 10:08 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 05 2012 10:03 TheAmazombie wrote:
On May 05 2012 09:59 BloodNinja wrote:
I check into the Destiny thread every so often and have managed to stay out of it for the most part. I am a bit shocked at how many people still believe they gave the right to free speech no matter when, where, why, or what. I thought that horse had been corrected and beaten into dust after the Orb "scandal" but I was wrong.


The issue overall is that they think that just because you have rights from the federal government that they will not infringe, this does not mean that private citizens and institutions cannot implement their own standards. Yes you have the right to say whatever, but that does not mean that those rights do not have certain consequences.

Overall...just stay out of Destiny threads as a whole. A rather simple rule to live by.

some guy just told me he is going to call my dog a gook. =(

Link?

edit: he said to call my dog a gook to test his theory that racial slurs dont cause harm.

Show nested quote +
On May 05 2012 08:33 Bulldog654 wrote:
On May 05 2012 08:25 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 05 2012 08:24 Bulldog654 wrote:
On May 05 2012 08:14 Fliparoni wrote:
On May 05 2012 08:11 NoctemSC wrote:
I'm going to try to get my point across in a civil manner.
Destiny has never been a favorite player of mine, neither has he been one I've hated.
In fact, Destiny has given me many laughs on the few times that I've tuned into his stream. E-sports, at least in starcraft 2 is shifting, whether for better or worse I can not guess at, yet.

My main problem with this is the fact that certain community members feel like they are entitled to decide how someone can or can not talk. If you don't like how someone presents themselves, that's your right, but do you really feel the need to take it to this level? Not only are you endangering a players career, a player that asks nothing from you except that you watch his games but even worse, you're endangering an entire team.
.


Just as Destiny feels like he's entitled to use whatever language he likes against anyone he likes, there are other people who feel entitled to report said language to his team and sponsors. What goes around comes around. Nothing too complicated about that.


The difference being that one causes no actual harm and the other does.

are you saying that racial slurs dont cause any harm?


Oh words can hurt someones feelings sure, but this isn't direct quantifiable harm. Going after someones money has a direct and quantifiable effect that isn't in any way subjective or relative. Words spoken by a stranger over the internet hold no more power than you attribute to them. I'm not saying that being called a gook didn't hurt the OP's feelings because I have no way of knowing if they did or didn't, but I do know that messing with a person's ability to make money does cause damage. Actual, real, quantifiable damage.

Try an experiment to see which one is worse:
call your dog a gook every day for ten days and see what happens, then don't feed it for ten days.



That's... holy shit. Maybe JingleHell's hall of shame blogs needs to be resurrected for Destiny thread posts...
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
May 05 2012 01:12 GMT
#20855
My thing with the desitny thread is how can it go for 100 pages. What can be said that hasent been already said?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
BloodNinja
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2791 Posts
May 05 2012 01:14 GMT
#20856
On May 05 2012 10:12 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2012 10:10 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 05 2012 10:09 iamperfection wrote:
On May 05 2012 10:08 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 05 2012 10:03 TheAmazombie wrote:
On May 05 2012 09:59 BloodNinja wrote:
I check into the Destiny thread every so often and have managed to stay out of it for the most part. I am a bit shocked at how many people still believe they gave the right to free speech no matter when, where, why, or what. I thought that horse had been corrected and beaten into dust after the Orb "scandal" but I was wrong.


The issue overall is that they think that just because you have rights from the federal government that they will not infringe, this does not mean that private citizens and institutions cannot implement their own standards. Yes you have the right to say whatever, but that does not mean that those rights do not have certain consequences.

Overall...just stay out of Destiny threads as a whole. A rather simple rule to live by.

some guy just told me he is going to call my dog a gook. =(

Link?

edit: he said to call my dog a gook to test his theory that racial slurs dont cause harm.

On May 05 2012 08:33 Bulldog654 wrote:
On May 05 2012 08:25 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 05 2012 08:24 Bulldog654 wrote:
On May 05 2012 08:14 Fliparoni wrote:
On May 05 2012 08:11 NoctemSC wrote:
I'm going to try to get my point across in a civil manner.
Destiny has never been a favorite player of mine, neither has he been one I've hated.
In fact, Destiny has given me many laughs on the few times that I've tuned into his stream. E-sports, at least in starcraft 2 is shifting, whether for better or worse I can not guess at, yet.

My main problem with this is the fact that certain community members feel like they are entitled to decide how someone can or can not talk. If you don't like how someone presents themselves, that's your right, but do you really feel the need to take it to this level? Not only are you endangering a players career, a player that asks nothing from you except that you watch his games but even worse, you're endangering an entire team.
.


Just as Destiny feels like he's entitled to use whatever language he likes against anyone he likes, there are other people who feel entitled to report said language to his team and sponsors. What goes around comes around. Nothing too complicated about that.


The difference being that one causes no actual harm and the other does.

are you saying that racial slurs dont cause any harm?


Oh words can hurt someones feelings sure, but this isn't direct quantifiable harm. Going after someones money has a direct and quantifiable effect that isn't in any way subjective or relative. Words spoken by a stranger over the internet hold no more power than you attribute to them. I'm not saying that being called a gook didn't hurt the OP's feelings because I have no way of knowing if they did or didn't, but I do know that messing with a person's ability to make money does cause damage. Actual, real, quantifiable damage.

Try an experiment to see which one is worse:
call your dog a gook every day for ten days and see what happens, then don't feed it for ten days.



That's... holy shit. Maybe JingleHell's hall of shame blogs needs to be resurrected for Destiny thread posts...


Oh please yes?
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
May 05 2012 01:15 GMT
#20857
On May 05 2012 10:14 BloodNinja wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2012 10:12 JingleHell wrote:
On May 05 2012 10:10 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 05 2012 10:09 iamperfection wrote:
On May 05 2012 10:08 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 05 2012 10:03 TheAmazombie wrote:
On May 05 2012 09:59 BloodNinja wrote:
I check into the Destiny thread every so often and have managed to stay out of it for the most part. I am a bit shocked at how many people still believe they gave the right to free speech no matter when, where, why, or what. I thought that horse had been corrected and beaten into dust after the Orb "scandal" but I was wrong.


The issue overall is that they think that just because you have rights from the federal government that they will not infringe, this does not mean that private citizens and institutions cannot implement their own standards. Yes you have the right to say whatever, but that does not mean that those rights do not have certain consequences.

Overall...just stay out of Destiny threads as a whole. A rather simple rule to live by.

some guy just told me he is going to call my dog a gook. =(

Link?

edit: he said to call my dog a gook to test his theory that racial slurs dont cause harm.

On May 05 2012 08:33 Bulldog654 wrote:
On May 05 2012 08:25 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 05 2012 08:24 Bulldog654 wrote:
On May 05 2012 08:14 Fliparoni wrote:
On May 05 2012 08:11 NoctemSC wrote:
I'm going to try to get my point across in a civil manner.
Destiny has never been a favorite player of mine, neither has he been one I've hated.
In fact, Destiny has given me many laughs on the few times that I've tuned into his stream. E-sports, at least in starcraft 2 is shifting, whether for better or worse I can not guess at, yet.

My main problem with this is the fact that certain community members feel like they are entitled to decide how someone can or can not talk. If you don't like how someone presents themselves, that's your right, but do you really feel the need to take it to this level? Not only are you endangering a players career, a player that asks nothing from you except that you watch his games but even worse, you're endangering an entire team.
.


Just as Destiny feels like he's entitled to use whatever language he likes against anyone he likes, there are other people who feel entitled to report said language to his team and sponsors. What goes around comes around. Nothing too complicated about that.


The difference being that one causes no actual harm and the other does.

are you saying that racial slurs dont cause any harm?


Oh words can hurt someones feelings sure, but this isn't direct quantifiable harm. Going after someones money has a direct and quantifiable effect that isn't in any way subjective or relative. Words spoken by a stranger over the internet hold no more power than you attribute to them. I'm not saying that being called a gook didn't hurt the OP's feelings because I have no way of knowing if they did or didn't, but I do know that messing with a person's ability to make money does cause damage. Actual, real, quantifiable damage.

Try an experiment to see which one is worse:
call your dog a gook every day for ten days and see what happens, then don't feed it for ten days.



That's... holy shit. Maybe JingleHell's hall of shame blogs needs to be resurrected for Destiny thread posts...


Oh please yes?


I think I'd need mod permission for that one. And I doubt I'd get it. Maybe if I promised bipartisan mockery.
TheAmazombie
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States3714 Posts
May 05 2012 01:16 GMT
#20858
On May 05 2012 10:12 iamperfection wrote:
My thing with the desitny thread is how can it go for 100 pages. What can be said that hasent been already said?


Well, the thing is that people don't read the threads, so they just go over and over in these endless cycles of someone saying some opinion, others arguing it, them arguing back, then when that is settled, another guy comes along and states his opinions until the thread has been divided by zero and mods have to close it.
We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost. -Charlie Chaplin
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
May 05 2012 01:17 GMT
#20859
On May 05 2012 10:16 TheAmazombie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2012 10:12 iamperfection wrote:
My thing with the desitny thread is how can it go for 100 pages. What can be said that hasent been already said?


Well, the thing is that people don't read the threads, so they just go over and over in these endless cycles of someone saying some opinion, others arguing it, them arguing back, then when that is settled, another guy comes along and states his opinions until the thread has been divided by zero and mods have to close it.


Wait, you think any of the arguments are ever settled? I thought they just kind of vanished into obscurity until getting restarted with a different person, like porno scripts.
TheAmazombie
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States3714 Posts
May 05 2012 01:18 GMT
#20860
On May 05 2012 10:17 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2012 10:16 TheAmazombie wrote:
On May 05 2012 10:12 iamperfection wrote:
My thing with the desitny thread is how can it go for 100 pages. What can be said that hasent been already said?


Well, the thing is that people don't read the threads, so they just go over and over in these endless cycles of someone saying some opinion, others arguing it, them arguing back, then when that is settled, another guy comes along and states his opinions until the thread has been divided by zero and mods have to close it.


Wait, you think any of the arguments are ever settled? I thought they just kind of vanished into obscurity until getting restarted with a different person, like porno scripts.


Well...that is what I mean by settled...it is the loosest sense of the word. I guess forgotten about or faded away is more apt.
We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost. -Charlie Chaplin
Prev 1 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 3173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech146
UpATreeSC 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5214
Bisu 2611
Soulkey 1631
Jaedong 736
Mini 541
EffOrt 527
Horang2 381
Larva 364
ggaemo 247
actioN 244
[ Show more ]
ZerO 242
Yoon 130
Dewaltoss 108
Mind 92
hero 79
sorry 76
Sharp 71
Shinee 63
Snow 63
Pusan 59
Barracks 53
Hyun 44
Bale 34
Trap 27
ToSsGirL 24
Rock 17
Terrorterran 16
NaDa 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 12
zelot 10
Noble 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 5
Dota 2
Gorgc5629
qojqva2759
Dendi1174
420jenkins255
League of Legends
Reynor44
Counter-Strike
fl0m2580
Fnx 746
x6flipin493
edward36
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes246
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1098
hiko997
B2W.Neo447
DeMusliM299
XBOCT242
Liquid`VortiX210
Livibee205
QueenE98
Mew2King46
ZerO(Twitch)19
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 76
• mYiSmile130
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 37
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV669
League of Legends
• Nemesis3657
• TFBlade555
Other Games
• Shiphtur330
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 17m
Patches Events
1d
The PondCast
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.