• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:15
CEST 14:15
KST 21:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8456 users

Gay StarCraft Players - Page 169

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 167 168 169 170 171 370 Next
Don't post in this thread to say "gay gamers are like everyone else, why do they have a special thread?" It is something that has been posted numerous times, and this isn't the place for that discussion.

For regular posters, don't quote the trolls.
Roe
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada6002 Posts
December 07 2011 22:53 GMT
#3361
wine every week? O.o that would be a sweet life
Masamune
Profile Joined January 2007
Canada3401 Posts
December 07 2011 23:02 GMT
#3362
On December 08 2011 06:59 Klondikebar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2011 06:53 Shiragaku wrote:
On December 08 2011 04:56 Klondikebar wrote:
So I finally have time to make a real post that I've needed to make since last night.

So every tuesday my best friend since middle school and I have Wine and Whine Tuesdays where we basically just drink wine and whine about the stuff that has sucked that week. At last night's W&WT she admitted to me that she still thought being gay was a sin and she still didn't know what to do with me. This was actually a HUGE blow for me. She's known for at least 2 years and I thought she had accepted me. She's even done the "gay best friend" stuff like asking for clothes advice and ranting about boys to me. And a huge part of my security as a gay man was tied up in the fact that I had a best friend who accepted me. Now that's gone...

*sigh* I don't know what to do except pull back into my shell. If my friend of 10 years can't come to terms with me, what the fuck kind of hope do I have for other people?

P.S. I'm also slowly discovering that most of the people at my firm are kinda...fundies so I'm feeling less secure at work too.

FML.

Play a game of logic with her.



I have...the problem is that she will readily admit she's completely divorced from logic. She is currently living with the hypocrisy of "my friend is doing something wrong but my friend is doing nothing wrong."

And logic games often come off as bullying (and won't undo years of propaganda anyway).

Your suggestion is probably the best one but trying to rationally explain something to someone who has completely abandoned reason does not usually end well.

And why are you friends with her again?
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-07 23:13:23
December 07 2011 23:07 GMT
#3363
On December 08 2011 08:02 Masamune wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2011 06:59 Klondikebar wrote:
On December 08 2011 06:53 Shiragaku wrote:
On December 08 2011 04:56 Klondikebar wrote:
So I finally have time to make a real post that I've needed to make since last night.

So every tuesday my best friend since middle school and I have Wine and Whine Tuesdays where we basically just drink wine and whine about the stuff that has sucked that week. At last night's W&WT she admitted to me that she still thought being gay was a sin and she still didn't know what to do with me. This was actually a HUGE blow for me. She's known for at least 2 years and I thought she had accepted me. She's even done the "gay best friend" stuff like asking for clothes advice and ranting about boys to me. And a huge part of my security as a gay man was tied up in the fact that I had a best friend who accepted me. Now that's gone...

*sigh* I don't know what to do except pull back into my shell. If my friend of 10 years can't come to terms with me, what the fuck kind of hope do I have for other people?

P.S. I'm also slowly discovering that most of the people at my firm are kinda...fundies so I'm feeling less secure at work too.

FML.

Play a game of logic with her.



I have...the problem is that she will readily admit she's completely divorced from logic. She is currently living with the hypocrisy of "my friend is doing something wrong but my friend is doing nothing wrong."

And logic games often come off as bullying (and won't undo years of propaganda anyway).

Your suggestion is probably the best one but trying to rationally explain something to someone who has completely abandoned reason does not usually end well.

And why are you friends with her again?


We've been friends for at least 10 years. I've only been gay for 2. We've got an 8 year friendship before this whole ordeal and for most of the those 2 years I had no idea she actually had a problem. I'm not just going to throw that out the window, at least not until I have no other options.

And bear in mind, she's not a Bible thumper, she's not crazy, and she's not giving me an ultimatum (at least not intentionally). You gotta understand what growing up in conservative Texas is like. We've developed incredibly complex logic for justifying our hatred and we've HAMMERED it into our kids. We were those kids. Remember, I myself spent about 4 years trying to figure out how to not hate myself...actually she was part of that. My head hurts.
#2throwed
Kerotan
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
England2111 Posts
December 07 2011 23:26 GMT
#3364
On December 08 2011 08:02 Masamune wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2011 06:59 Klondikebar wrote:
On December 08 2011 06:53 Shiragaku wrote:
On December 08 2011 04:56 Klondikebar wrote:
So I finally have time to make a real post that I've needed to make since last night.

So every tuesday my best friend since middle school and I have Wine and Whine Tuesdays where we basically just drink wine and whine about the stuff that has sucked that week. At last night's W&WT she admitted to me that she still thought being gay was a sin and she still didn't know what to do with me. This was actually a HUGE blow for me. She's known for at least 2 years and I thought she had accepted me. She's even done the "gay best friend" stuff like asking for clothes advice and ranting about boys to me. And a huge part of my security as a gay man was tied up in the fact that I had a best friend who accepted me. Now that's gone...

*sigh* I don't know what to do except pull back into my shell. If my friend of 10 years can't come to terms with me, what the fuck kind of hope do I have for other people?

P.S. I'm also slowly discovering that most of the people at my firm are kinda...fundies so I'm feeling less secure at work too.

FML.

Play a game of logic with her.



I have...the problem is that she will readily admit she's completely divorced from logic. She is currently living with the hypocrisy of "my friend is doing something wrong but my friend is doing nothing wrong."

And logic games often come off as bullying (and won't undo years of propaganda anyway).

Your suggestion is probably the best one but trying to rationally explain something to someone who has completely abandoned reason does not usually end well.

And why are you friends with her again?

This is what I thought when I first saw your post too, I'm usually "this person does shitty things to you and you still call them your friend? They aren't." But I understand where you come from, I have a few friends that believe things are utterly stupid and would have be quick and easy markers that I shouldn't be friends with this person if I knew about it when I first met them, once you get invested its alot harder just to ditch, especially when it sounds that this girl is one of the few people that Klondike can remotely call an Ally in his everyday interactions
Nerdette // External revolution - Internal revolution // Fabulous // I raise my hands to heaven of curiosity // I don't know what to ask for // What has it got for me? // Kerribear
Troxle
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States486 Posts
December 07 2011 23:29 GMT
#3365
On December 08 2011 08:07 Klondikebar wrote:

We've been friends for at least 10 years. I've only been gay for 2. We've got an 8 year friendship before this whole ordeal and for most of the those 2 years I had no idea she actually had a problem. I'm not just going to throw that out the window, at least not until I have no other options.

And bear in mind, she's not a Bible thumper, she's not crazy, and she's not giving me an ultimatum (at least not intentionally). You gotta understand what growing up in conservative Texas is like. We've developed incredibly complex logic for justifying our hatred and we've HAMMERED it into our kids. We were those kids. Remember, I myself spent about 4 years trying to figure out how to not hate myself...actually she was part of that. My head hurts.


The best advice I can offer is what was offered to me. You HAVE to talk about it at some point. It doesn't have to be today or tomorrow or even next week, but don't let it build up. Letting it go for too long will hurt more in the long run then it does now in the short term (saving the friendship no matter how hard is better than losing it). And I know she's been delivered a false sense of reality on the topic, but if y'all are truly friends, it'll all work itself out in the end!
If you're homophobic, you're probably ugly, so don't worry about a gay guy coming onto you. - jarrydesque
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
December 08 2011 00:08 GMT
#3366
On December 08 2011 08:29 Troxle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2011 08:07 Klondikebar wrote:

We've been friends for at least 10 years. I've only been gay for 2. We've got an 8 year friendship before this whole ordeal and for most of the those 2 years I had no idea she actually had a problem. I'm not just going to throw that out the window, at least not until I have no other options.

And bear in mind, she's not a Bible thumper, she's not crazy, and she's not giving me an ultimatum (at least not intentionally). You gotta understand what growing up in conservative Texas is like. We've developed incredibly complex logic for justifying our hatred and we've HAMMERED it into our kids. We were those kids. Remember, I myself spent about 4 years trying to figure out how to not hate myself...actually she was part of that. My head hurts.


The best advice I can offer is what was offered to me. You HAVE to talk about it at some point. It doesn't have to be today or tomorrow or even next week, but don't let it build up. Letting it go for too long will hurt more in the long run then it does now in the short term (saving the friendship no matter how hard is better than losing it). And I know she's been delivered a false sense of reality on the topic, but if y'all are truly friends, it'll all work itself out in the end!



I will.

Thanks for all the help guys! For now I'm just going to draw back and think and in the near future I'll sit her down and we'll hash it out.
#2throwed
Pixilated
Profile Joined February 2011
United States82 Posts
December 08 2011 00:54 GMT
#3367
On December 08 2011 04:56 Klondikebar wrote:
So I finally have time to make a real post that I've needed to make since last night.

So every tuesday my best friend since middle school and I have Wine and Whine Tuesdays where we basically just drink wine and whine about the stuff that has sucked that week. At last night's W&WT she admitted to me that she still thought being gay was a sin and she still didn't know what to do with me. This was actually a HUGE blow for me. She's known for at least 2 years and I thought she had accepted me. She's even done the "gay best friend" stuff like asking for clothes advice and ranting about boys to me. And a huge part of my security as a gay man was tied up in the fact that I had a best friend who accepted me. Now that's gone...

*sigh* I don't know what to do except pull back into my shell. If my friend of 10 years can't come to terms with me, what the fuck kind of hope do I have for other people?

P.S. I'm also slowly discovering that most of the people at my firm are kinda...fundies so I'm feeling less secure at work too.

FML.


Dude that really sucks. I'm really sorry to hear that. I've had something sort of similar happen to me so I can understand how that feels. When you rely on someone for support and they suddenly just disappear on you, it really really sucks. Just know though that there ARE people out there that you'll meet that will totally accept you for who you are, even if this particular person doesn't yet.

Anyway, thank you for sharing this. I know how that feels and its nice to know someone else gets it, although I'm sorry that had to happen...
HardMacro
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada361 Posts
December 08 2011 02:29 GMT
#3368
On December 06 2011 17:47 Mora wrote:
I just came across this video for the first time the other day despite it being quite old.

Thought it might be fun to share it here as well.

Cheers



Thanks for the video, that was really entertaining to see those people's reactions.

I want to ask a related question though, do pedophiles choose to be attracted to young people, or were they born that way?

Don't get me wrong I don't advocate pedophilia one bit but I truly feel sorry and sympathetic for born pedophiles; despite the fact that I think it's both disgusting to have sex with another man or a minor, to gays and pedophiles it's the other way around, respectively.

Homosexuality is becoming so accepted in our society, where gays are finally living a fulfilled life because most people understand it's a genetic predisposition that is beyond the control of individual that causes homosexuality. Now, what about pedophiles? Again don't get me wrong, I am fully aware of the differences between the two groups of people with one participating in harmless consensual sex with other adults, while the other must repress their sexual desires or end up harming innocent children. However, on the basic level, both groups of people are essentially victims of a naturally-born "defect" if you will, so do gays think that all the hostility towards all pedophiles, including those who have not harmed children either directly or indirectly, is justified? If not, then should people, especially gays since homosexuality has made so much progress recently, sympathize and help pedophiles to better integrate into society through basic measures such as the decriminalization of all animated child pornography?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ saving this here because I use it, don't know how to make it, and don't know it's name
Barburas
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom247 Posts
December 08 2011 03:04 GMT
#3369
On December 08 2011 11:29 HardMacro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 17:47 Mora wrote:
I just came across this video for the first time the other day despite it being quite old.

Thought it might be fun to share it here as well.

Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJtjqLUHYoY&feature=player_embedded


Thanks for the video, that was really entertaining to see those people's reactions.

I want to ask a related question though, do pedophiles choose to be attracted to young people, or were they born that way?

Don't get me wrong I don't advocate pedophilia one bit but I truly feel sorry and sympathetic for born pedophiles; despite the fact that I think it's both disgusting to have sex with another man or a minor, to gays and pedophiles it's the other way around, respectively.

Homosexuality is becoming so accepted in our society, where gays are finally living a fulfilled life because most people understand it's a genetic predisposition that is beyond the control of individual that causes homosexuality. Now, what about pedophiles? Again don't get me wrong, I am fully aware of the differences between the two groups of people with one participating in harmless consensual sex with other adults, while the other must repress their sexual desires or end up harming innocent children. However, on the basic level, both groups of people are essentially victims of a naturally-born "defect" if you will, so do gays think that all the hostility towards all pedophiles, including those who have not harmed children either directly or indirectly, is justified? If not, then should people, especially gays since homosexuality has made so much progress recently, sympathize and help pedophiles to better integrate into society through basic measures such as the decriminalization of all animated child pornography?


They don't choose it. And people who are pedophiles deserve sympathy and support, there's a big difference from being a pedophile and a child molester. I don't really know enough to give much comment, but I don't see why animated child porn should be outlawed if it helps them - as long as it's 100% fake and involved no suffering to children.
Mustachionut
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom3 Posts
December 08 2011 03:07 GMT
#3370
On December 08 2011 11:29 HardMacro wrote:

I want to ask a related question though, do pedophiles choose to be attracted to young people, or were they born that way?

Don't get me wrong I don't advocate pedophilia one bit but I truly feel sorry and sympathetic for born pedophiles; despite the fact that I think it's both disgusting to have sex with another man or a minor, to gays and pedophiles it's the other way around, respectively.

Homosexuality is becoming so accepted in our society, where gays are finally living a fulfilled life because most people understand it's a genetic predisposition that is beyond the control of individual that causes homosexuality. Now, what about pedophiles? Again don't get me wrong, I am fully aware of the differences between the two groups of people with one participating in harmless consensual sex with other adults, while the other must repress their sexual desires or end up harming innocent children. However, on the basic level, both groups of people are essentially victims of a naturally-born "defect" if you will, so do gays think that all the hostility towards all pedophiles, including those who have not harmed children either directly or indirectly, is justified? If not, then should people, especially gays since homosexuality has made so much progress recently, sympathize and help pedophiles to better integrate into society through basic measures such as the decriminalization of all animated child pornography?


This is something that I think about often. Even as bisexual male I had the support of friends and family in coming to terms with who I am, but just like the less fortunate members of the GLBT community, born pedophiles have to try and cope without the support of an understanding society. And without that support they might just decide that they really are just horrible human beings that others would automatically paint them as. I feel that that might be the cause of more than a few criminal pedophiles. With proper support I'm sure that most people would be able to leave full and happy lives as integrated members of society.

As for animated child pornography, my issue there is that there's no real evidence of it ever doing any real harm - any more so than violent video games. Its a case of something being made illegal not because of any really good reason, but because people don't like it. Finding something disgusting is not a good reason to make it illegal. But because so many people do find it repugnant, it is very difficult to defend it publicly. Even so, I think we have to make a stand on stuff like this before we slip further down the slope of repression and censorship.

Just my late night opinion. Oh and just to be safe (this is a controversial topic after all) I don't endorse any form of abuse. That should be kinda obvious.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
December 08 2011 14:08 GMT
#3371
On December 08 2011 11:29 HardMacro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 17:47 Mora wrote:
I just came across this video for the first time the other day despite it being quite old.

Thought it might be fun to share it here as well.

Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJtjqLUHYoY&feature=player_embedded


I want to ask a related question though, do pedophiles choose to be attracted to young people, or were they born that way?

Don't get me wrong I don't advocate pedophilia one bit but I truly feel sorry and sympathetic for born pedophiles; despite the fact that I think it's both disgusting to have sex with another man or a minor, to gays and pedophiles it's the other way around, respectively.

Homosexuality is becoming so accepted in our society, where gays are finally living a fulfilled life because most people understand it's a genetic predisposition that is beyond the control of individual that causes homosexuality. Now, what about pedophiles? Again don't get me wrong, I am fully aware of the differences between the two groups of people with one participating in harmless consensual sex with other adults, while the other must repress their sexual desires or end up harming innocent children. However, on the basic level, both groups of people are essentially victims of a naturally-born "defect" if you will, so do gays think that all the hostility towards all pedophiles, including those who have not harmed children either directly or indirectly, is justified? If not, then should people, especially gays since homosexuality has made so much progress recently, sympathize and help pedophiles to better integrate into society through basic measures such as the decriminalization of all animated child pornography?


Interesting topic, and I agree with you. If for some reason you're attracted to kids, that fucking sucks because you're denied being able to do anything on it (correctly of course). A paedophile who never takes action on his urges is to be commended, as one who does take action is rightfully condemned.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
December 08 2011 14:47 GMT
#3372
A lot of people have been showing up in the GTL channel lately. It's getting to be a party in there!
#2throwed
Glurkenspurk
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1915 Posts
December 08 2011 20:12 GMT
#3373
On December 07 2011 15:39 GDR wrote:
I think, wow, we may need to throw Huk and MKP on the back burner. Slayers_Brown, woah.


Looks aside I can't even explain how much I love the shit out of his playstyle. Macro toss so goood.
Mora
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada5235 Posts
December 08 2011 22:12 GMT
#3374
On December 08 2011 11:29 HardMacro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 17:47 Mora wrote:
I just came across this video for the first time the other day despite it being quite old.

Thought it might be fun to share it here as well.

Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJtjqLUHYoY&feature=player_embedded


Thanks for the video, that was really entertaining to see those people's reactions.

I want to ask a related question though, do pedophiles choose to be attracted to young people, or were they born that way?

Don't get me wrong I don't advocate pedophilia one bit but I truly feel sorry and sympathetic for born pedophiles; despite the fact that I think it's both disgusting to have sex with another man or a minor, to gays and pedophiles it's the other way around, respectively.

Homosexuality is becoming so accepted in our society, where gays are finally living a fulfilled life because most people understand it's a genetic predisposition that is beyond the control of individual that causes homosexuality. Now, what about pedophiles? Again don't get me wrong, I am fully aware of the differences between the two groups of people with one participating in harmless consensual sex with other adults, while the other must repress their sexual desires or end up harming innocent children. However, on the basic level, both groups of people are essentially victims of a naturally-born "defect" if you will, so do gays think that all the hostility towards all pedophiles, including those who have not harmed children either directly or indirectly, is justified? If not, then should people, especially gays since homosexuality has made so much progress recently, sympathize and help pedophiles to better integrate into society through basic measures such as the decriminalization of all animated child pornography?


No, hostility towards pedophiles who do not act upon their disposition is completely unjustified.

I cannot think of any worse a condition to be born with. That kind of life would be such an absolute and awful ordeal to try to survive. I really don't have words to express how much it wounds me to comprehend that people can experience such an isolated and discriminated existence.

Can you imagine? Like, try to for a second. You're just 14 or 15 years old, and you see your parents kiss. You hear about how your friends are interested in dating each other. They watch porn but it doesn't do anything for you. And then you look at some naked 5 year old and your penis starts to become erect? Like, what the fuck? You realize this isn't normal, and that it's obviously wrong, but you just can't stop thinking about it. It bugs you for a little while, but then life continues and school is cool or lame, and your friends are cool, and pho is your favourite food, and then you see another naked kid and it happens again. Now you're really freaked out and you know something is up... but who do you tell? "Hey mom, I'm attracted to 5 year old boys...". Your friends? You can't tell them. Your siblings? Fuck off. Even if you have the courage to tell your doctor, the implications of that are huge (you have to be tracked/recorded, etc.).

That alone would make me want to kill myself; but let's say you somehow managed to survive that part of your life and even though it was tough, you decided that suicide wasn't the best answer. You've received therapy. You have properly assimilated into a life, a satisfying one. You have hobbies. You have an occupation that you're passionate about. And then one day, someone finds out! (I mean, obviously you would go to great lengths to make sure no one did, but lets say someone did). The word spreads like wild fire. Your friends don't even know who you are anymore. Your workplace tried not to discriminate against you, but one of your co-workers just had kids and he's freaked out and makes work a living hell for you. One of your long time classmates from university it turns out happened to be molested when they were a kid, and beats the living shit out of you as if you were the guy that did it.

All that might not happen, but you think about it. You think about it every day and you're scared, and horrified, and you don't want anyone to find out because if they did the world would hate you. Everyone who loved you wouldn't love you anymore. Every day is morbid and dark and terrifying.

I relate to this so strongly because that's how I suspected the world would perceive homosexuality. It was awful! And let's face it - being homosexual isn't really that big of a deal. Everyone important to me still loved me. Everyone who didn't I stopped giving a fuck about. I now live a life where I am open, happy, gay, and share my homosexuality with others who understand it. I belong.

A pedophile is forbidden ever living a life like that. How absolutely morbid. My day has become a little less bright just thinking about it.
Happiness only real when shared.
Troxle
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States486 Posts
December 08 2011 22:22 GMT
#3375
That really is a morbid view on what they most likely face. I never really thought that hard about it Mora. Much sympathy to be had for those who live through this daily and don't act on it.
If you're homophobic, you're probably ugly, so don't worry about a gay guy coming onto you. - jarrydesque
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-08 22:31:33
December 08 2011 22:30 GMT
#3376
Am I a tyrant if I draw a line here? This particular topic is...really really heavy. It's honestly hard to read the posts cause I get really depressed really fast about it.

____________________________________________________________________

And mandate that any posts past this line must be happy posts for at least the next couple of pages?

I found a funny rage comic on reddit today :D

http://imgur.com/r/fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu/orj0F
#2throwed
Troxle
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States486 Posts
December 08 2011 23:31 GMT
#3377
On December 09 2011 07:30 Klondikebar wrote:

And mandate that any posts past this line must be happy posts for at least the next couple of pages?

I found a funny rage comic on reddit today :D

http://imgur.com/r/fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu/orj0F


That is halarious!
If you're homophobic, you're probably ugly, so don't worry about a gay guy coming onto you. - jarrydesque
Nuxar
Profile Joined February 2009
Canada212 Posts
December 09 2011 06:29 GMT
#3378
Ok, that pedophile topic was rather...intense. Lasted half a page and omgwth. Even before Mora's morbid post, the question itself got me deeply thinking about it. As homosexuals, we DO have a lot of empathy for pedophiles. We have all live that rather scary moment of our lives when we struggle with our sexuality. Honestly, I was literaly at a total loss when I was trying to internalize. And mora's post...ugh, I really do feel depressed thinking about it

AAAAAAAAAAAaaaanyway, lol @ Klondikes ffuuuuu pic, im actually viewing em all in hope to forget the previous topic of discussion :S.
Catreina
Profile Joined April 2010
United States304 Posts
December 09 2011 10:29 GMT
#3379
I haven't chimed in here in a while, mainly because I haven't been playing SC2 (and hence, haven't been visiting TL). That said, my first post in over 4 months has to be in this thread, about the current topic. Apologies in advance Klondike and others - I know this is going to be even more depressing than we would like.

The correlation between pedophilia and homosexuality that was eluded to briefly in Mora's post is prevalent throughout any human society, about any action that is perceived as immoral or flat out wrong. This is confusing, because throughout history we, as humans, have participated in and subjected others to actions that far surpass even the act of child rape in terms of raw cruelty. Think about it - people are predisposed to disparaging those that they either do not understand or do not comprehend, and at the same time, they refuse to attempt understanding of those same things!

Let's take the example Mora provided - the issues a pedophile who succeeds in suppressing their desires throughout life but cannot let it leak that they are indeed a pedophile. Why must this person keep it a secret? It is the same reason that transgender individuals had to keep their issues secret until fairly recently; why gays and lesbians had to keep their sexuality secret until the late 80's.

What else can we apply this to? Virtually every condition that, at some point in history, was either unknown or misunderstood. Schizophrenia? Bubonic Plague? The roundness of the Earth?!?

I cannot think of more conditions off the top of my head, but I think you get the picture - humanity is predisposed to hatred and ridicule of anything we do not understand. This means anything new, anything that changes the status quo in any form is derided and ridiculed as if the person or people experiencing or propagating such were evil incarnate.

Why does this happen? WHY should pedophiles who are successful in suppressing their desires be afraid of "coming out?"

Because people - humans - as a whole, simply do not want to understand. We as a race do not -want- to be compassionate, because of the select few. It is not that one or two people do not want to understand, it is that the views of the many outweigh the views of the few - and the views of the many are largely closed-minded and abhor change.

Yes, I said it - people as a whole are closed-minded. This is the crux of the issues surrounding humanity as a whole. Why do we have wars? Take, for example, the 2001 WTC attacks - why did this happen? Because the US is afraid of letting the people know what is going on; Al-Quaeda refuses to let people know the truth; and both parties are afraid of the other's THOUGHTS and RELIGIOUS STANCES.

Closed-mindedness - people being afraid to learn and accept everything around them. People being content thinking that we, as a race, are alone in this vast universe, and that nothing can change their views.

People being afraid of change.

Let me close by saying that I have grown into a fairly successful woman - most of you know it took quite a bit for that feat to occur, as I was not always this way. I have had my share of ups and downs, successes and failures. The one thing that my parents instilled in me was that EVERYONE deserves to be accepted for who they are, not what they are. I hate no one, I hold no grudges, I give every person I meet a chance to befriend me, no matter what. I never take those chances away - why? Because people should be accepted for who they are, for their actions, not their disabilities (of any kind). I instill this in my own children, and I try to push this into every person I meet. People deserve to be praised for -WHO- they are, not what.
jarrydesque
Profile Joined November 2010
584 Posts
December 09 2011 22:52 GMT
#3380
Sorry to post this in the middle of a serious conversation, but I just have to tell you guys that Axslav is SO cute xD.
#1 Kennigit fanboy/stalker
Prev 1 167 168 169 170 171 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 826
RotterdaM378
SteadfastSC180
TKL 166
Rex99
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 378
ByuN 255
SteadfastSC 180
TKL 166
Rex 99
Codebar 39
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32913
Shuttle 1707
Bisu 723
Jaedong 670
Horang2 527
Mong 366
Soulkey 307
actioN 272
Stork 264
Mini 251
[ Show more ]
firebathero 231
BeSt 202
Larva 201
Soma 189
EffOrt 139
Last 132
Rush 118
Zeus 115
Snow 105
ZerO 98
Free 77
Pusan 74
910 74
Hyun 70
Sexy 68
Mind 67
PianO 61
Yoon 50
Shine 49
Sharp 45
hero 41
Shinee 33
Bale 23
JYJ 22
HiyA 22
sorry 22
Aegong 19
ToSsGirL 17
Sacsri 15
Hm[arnc] 15
ZergMaN 15
scan(afreeca) 15
yabsab 15
Noble 8
Terrorterran 3
Dota 2
Gorgc1470
Dendi773
canceldota75
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1236
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King217
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes388
Other Games
gofns63569
singsing2217
Lowko286
B2W.Neo258
DeMusliM208
Pyrionflax168
Livibee149
hiko47
QueenE47
Trikslyr32
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 503
Other Games
BasetradeTV183
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV516
League of Legends
• Jankos1342
Other Games
• Shiphtur620
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 45m
The PondCast
21h 45m
INu's Battles
22h 45m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.